- Northeastern Ohio experiences 5th minor earthquake Updated: Mar-11-14 6:52 pm
- Ohio governor proposes tax, education changes Updated: Mar-11-14 5:47 pm
- Officials: Cache of illegal oil field waste found Updated: Mar-11-14 5:32 pm
- Court rejects industry challenge on clean air Updated: Mar-11-14 5:31 pm
- Libyan prime minister ousted by parliament Updated: Mar-11-14 5:28 pm
- Bill would raise Ky.'s motor fuels tax rate Updated: Mar-11-14 5:25 pm
- Gas prices on the rise in Nevada Updated: Mar-11-14 5:20 pm
- House panel subpoenas on wind power, eagle deaths Updated: Mar-11-14 4:58 pm
- Arizona utilities questioned about attack prep Updated: Mar-11-14 4:33 pm
- Power wholesaler Edison Mission clears bankruptcy Updated: Mar-11-14 3:22 pm
- Recent editorials published in Indiana newspapers Updated: Mar-11-14 2:04 pm
- Cold snap knocks Texas electric generators offline Updated: Mar-11-14 1:44 pm
- Spokeswoman: Parnell won't withdraw appointment Updated: Mar-11-14 12:37 pm
- Poland moves to reduce dependence on Russian gas Updated: Mar-11-14 12:01 pm
- NH-Maine bridge getting underwater inspection Updated: Mar-11-14 8:22 am
- CMP wants customers who generate power to pay more Updated: Mar-11-14 7:32 am
- Correction: Gulf-US Economy story Updated: Mar-11-14 6:52 am
- No injuries in fire at Fergus Falls ethanol plant Updated: Mar-10-14 9:23 pm
- W.Va. bill to regulate gas drilling waste on hold Updated: Mar-10-14 8:37 pm
- Activists arrested in Philly over XL oil pipeline Updated: Mar-10-14 8:26 pm
- Draft proposes gas tax rate, subsidiary change Updated: Mar-10-14 6:53 pm
- Natural gas industry struggles to keep promises Updated: Mar-10-14 6:32 pm
- Rubio: US bandwidth better used by cell providers Updated: Mar-10-14 5:43 pm
- Massachusetts governor has nuclear plant concerns Updated: Mar-10-14 5:11 pm
- NY nuclear plant back online after power outage Updated: Mar-10-14 4:13 pm
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio - A fifth minor earthquake has been recorded in an area of northeastern Ohio where state regulators have ordered a gas drilling company to halt operations.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Gov. John Kasich rolled out an ambitious election-year policy document Tuesday that delivers a promised income-tax cut through increases in tobacco and other taxes, and streamlines government offerings for jobseekers and the poor.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Officials in North Dakota are reporting what may be the state's biggest incident of illegal dumping of radioactive oil filter socks, the nets that strain liquids during the oil production process.
WASHINGTON - A federal appeals court has turned aside an industry effort to weaken compliance requirements for environmental standards that reduce soot pollution from power plants.
TRIPOLI, Libya - Libya's parliament ousted Western-backed prime minister Ali Zidan in a Tuesday vote, removing the first democratically chosen leader who had struggled for 15 months to stem the country's spiraling descent into chaos, with divisive political power struggles and rampant militias out of the control of the weak central government.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky's motor fuels tax would rise under a bill advanced Tuesday by a key House committee, which endorsed restoring a higher rate in place last year to generate more revenue for transportation projects statewide.
LAS VEGAS - Nevada gas prices are on the rise as more motorists are hitting the road.
WASHINGTON - House Republicans are seeking to compel the Obama administration to turn over uncensored, internal documents related to its enforcement of environmental laws at wind farms where eagles and other protected birds have been killed.
PHOENIX - The Arizona Corporation Commission wants the state's utility companies to explain whether they're prepared to defend the electric grid against terrorist attacks.
CHICAGO - A federal bankruptcy judge in Chicago has given power wholesaler Edison Mission Energy the go-ahead to emerge from bankruptcy by selling most of its assets to NRG Energy Inc. for $2.6 billion.
The Times, Munster. March 9, 2014.
AUSTIN, Texas - January's polar vortex knocked several important coal-fired electricity plants offline, and the Sierra Club says the loss of power shows the need for more wind turbines and energy conservation programs.
JUNEAU, Alaska - A spokeswoman for Gov. Sean Parnell says Parnell will not withdraw his appointment to a California resident to the board that sets the tax value of the trans-Alaska pipeline system.
WARSAW, Poland - Poland's government has adopted a draft law designed to speed up shale gas exploration and reduce dependence on Russian supplies, the prime minister said Tuesday.
PORTSMOUTH, New Hampshire - Transportation officials are optimistic that a bridge connecting New Hampshire and Maine hasn't sustained any structural damage after an oil tanker struck a pier supporting the span.
PORTLAND, Maine - Utility Central Maine Power Co. wants customers who generate some of their own electricity from renewable sources to pay higher monthly service charges, an idea being resisted by renewable energy advocates.
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - In a story March 9 about the U.S. secretary of commerce's trade mission to the Middle East, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Penny Pritzker is on her first trip outside of North America since being named commerce secretary. It is her first trade mission outside of North America since being named to the post.
FERGUS FALLS, Minnesota - Fire crews spent hours battling flames at an ethanol plant just outside Fergus Falls.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A bill to regulate the disposal of waste produced by gas-well drilling will likely be introduced by West Virginia Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin in a special session.
PHILADELPHIA - Dozens of environmentalists blocked entrances to a federal office building Monday in Philadelphia to protest the Keystone XL oil pipeline and police arrested at least 24 people, organizers said.
JUNEAU, Alaska - A draft version of the bill aimed at advancing a major liquefied natural gas project in Alaska would raise the gas tax rate over what Gov. Sean Parnell proposed and change the role of the Alaska Gasline Development Corp., or AGDC.
HOUSTON - America's plan to use more natural gas to run power plants, make chemicals, drive vehicles and heat homes may not go as smoothly as expected.
WASHINGTON - Pitching himself as an ally to Silicon Valley, presidential hopeful Sen. Marco Rubio proposed giving cellphone companies more access to government-controlled airwaves as part of a package of pro-business initiatives he said would create "thousands upon thousands of high-paying jobs."
BOSTON - Gov. Deval Patrick pledged on Monday to write a letter to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, expressing concerns about the safety of the Pilgrim nuclear power plant in Plymouth.
SCRIBA, New York - Constellation Energy says its Nine Mile Point 2 nuclear power plant on Lake Ontario in central New York is back in service after being shut down last week by a problem with a power supply.