- China to open 8 state industries for investment Updated: Apr-24-14 12:10 am
- Small Wyoming town evacuated after gas explosion Updated: Apr-23-14 11:29 pm
- Attorney general turns over fracking letter info Updated: Apr-23-14 9:40 pm
- NTSB head: Action needed now on oil train safety Updated: Apr-23-14 7:47 pm
- Rail safety effort marred by squabbling Updated: Apr-23-14 7:41 pm
- Fracking foes challenge Ohio earthquake assurances Updated: Apr-23-14 6:13 pm
- APNewsBreak: Grimes wants Keystone pipeline OK'd Updated: Apr-23-14 6:10 pm
- Canada to end tankers linked to Quebec explosion Updated: Apr-23-14 5:50 pm
- ND tribes warn of the environmental impact of oil Updated: Apr-23-14 5:49 pm
- 3 gubernatorial hopefuls roll out policy plans Updated: Apr-23-14 4:58 pm
- Couple wins $3 million in drilling lawsuit Updated: Apr-23-14 3:49 pm
- Ala. county using landfill gas to produce power Updated: Apr-23-14 3:08 pm
- Energy Innovation Laboratory dedicated in E. Idaho Updated: Apr-23-14 2:23 pm
- ND OKs power line in historic battlefield area Updated: Apr-23-14 1:01 pm
- Labor Dept. cuts levels of allowable coal dust Updated: Apr-23-14 12:16 pm
- Utility: Power restored to downtown Grand Rapids Updated: Apr-23-14 11:52 am
- Muskegon utility hopes for new use of closed plant Updated: Apr-23-14 10:28 am
- Excerpts from recent North Dakota editorials Updated: Apr-23-14 10:08 am
- Council hears pro, con testimony on parks drilling Updated: Apr-23-14 10:06 am
- Natural gas pipeline subcontractor sues Updated: Apr-23-14 7:22 am
- Gas prices up 3 cents in W.Va. Updated: Apr-23-14 2:58 am
- Pirates rob Singapore tanker in Malacca Strait Updated: Apr-23-14 2:50 am
- City, utility want rate hike for car-sharing plan Updated: Apr-22-14 6:43 pm
- Oil companies fight ND plan to slow production Updated: Apr-22-14 6:03 pm
- EPA scales back biofuel mandate to reflect reality Updated: Apr-22-14 5:50 pm
BEIJING - China's government says it will open 80 projects in eight state-run industries to private and foreign investors as part of efforts to make its slowing economy more productive.
OPAL, Wyoming - A small town in southwest Wyoming was evacuated Wednesday after an explosion and fire at a natural gas processing facility and major national pipeline hub. There were no reports of injuries.
GREAT FALLS, Montana - Montana Attorney General Tim Fox on Wednesday gave a conservation group the records it wanted about Fox's decision to join other states in protesting plans to regulate hydraulic fracturing on federal land.
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration needs to take steps immediately to protect the public from potentially catastrophic oil train accidents even if it means using emergency authority, National Transportation Safety Board Chairman Deborah Hersman said Wednesday.
WASHINGTON - Spurred by a series of fiery train crashes, a push by government and industry to make safer tank cars used for shipping crude oil and ethanol has bogged down in squabbling and finger-pointing over whether they're needed and if so, who should pay.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A citizens group said Wednesday it isn't taking the word of state regulators that new permitting guidelines will protect public health after earthquakes in northeast Ohio were linked to the gas drilling method of hydraulic fracturing, or fracking.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Alison Lundergran Grimes called Wednesday on President Barack Obama to approve the Keystone XL oil pipeline, joining 11 other incumbent Democrats as the party tries to keep control of the Senate this November.
TORONTO - Canada said Wednesday it was phasing out the type of rail tankers involved in last summer's massive explosion of a runaway oil train that incinerated much of a town in Quebec, killing 47 people and prompting intense public pressure to make oil trains safer.
NEW TOWN, North Dakota - Leaders of North Dakota's Mandan, Hidatsa and Arikara nations say that while they are thankful for the money that oil has brought the once-impoverished Fort Berthold Indian Reservation, they are concerned about the environmental impact of drilling on their land.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The leading Democratic candidates for Rhode Island governor rolled out new policy initiatives Wednesday that focused on growing the state's struggling economy, fixing its aging infrastructure and boosting its "green energy" sector.
DALLAS - A Dallas jury has awarded $3 million to a North Texas couple who sued a drilling company over alleged contamination.
COLLINSVILLE, Alabama - An Alabama county is using gas produced by its landfill to produce electricity.
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - A new facility intended to help with clean energy research and support work to develop new materials for advanced nuclear reactors has been dedicated in Idaho Falls.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota regulators have approved a siting permit for an electrical transmission line planned for the Killdeer Mountain Battlefield area in the western part of the state.
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration said Wednesday it is cutting the amount of coal dust allowed in coal mines in an effort to help reduce black lung disease.
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Power has been restored to a part of downtown Grand Rapids that was affected by a problem with a utility's underground electrical system.
MUSKEGON, Michigan - Consumers Energy is committed to helping find a new use for the site of a coal-fired power plant in western Michigan that's scheduled to close in two years, officials with the utility said.
Minot Daily News, Minot, April 19, 2014
PITTSBURGH - County council members heard testimony for and against a proposal to drill for natural gas under a Pittsburgh-area park, with supporters touting the economic benefits and opponents worried about environmental damage.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Another federal lawsuit has been filed in connection with the installation of a natural gas pipeline in the Kennebec Valley.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Average gasoline prices are up 3 cents per gallon in West Virginia this week.
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Pirates stopped a Singapore-owned tanker in the Malacca Strait and stole several million liters of diesel fuel it was carrying, Malaysian marine police said Wednesday.
INDIANAPOLIS - Indianapolis Power and Light and the city of Indianapolis are seeking a $16 million rate hike to pay for a proposed electric car sharing program.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Dr. Lyle Best traveled nearly 200 miles from the heart of North Dakota's oil patch Tuesday to tell state regulators one thing: "Slow down."
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration is significantly reducing the amount of cellulosic biofuels refiners will have to prove they blended into gasoline last year, acknowledging that the market lagged far behind government projections.