- Florida editorial roundup Updated: Mar-11-14 3:43 pm
- Bowling Green fires basketball coach Louis Orr Updated: Mar-11-14 2:30 pm
- Nance, Woodward earn MW honors Updated: Mar-10-14 4:45 pm
- Griz men and women, Bobcat women to tourneys Updated: Mar-10-14 12:15 pm
- Indiana State slips past S. Illinois 62-59 Updated: Mar-08-14 8:29 pm
- No. 19 Michigan State women beat Michigan 61-58 Updated: Mar-07-14 11:00 pm
- Evansville loses 80-58 to unbeaten Wichita State Updated: Mar-07-14 5:45 pm
- Winthrop upsets High Point 62-60 Updated: Mar-07-14 4:47 pm
- No. 1 Florida goes for 18-0 vs No. 25 Kentucky Updated: Mar-07-14 5:06 am
- UNC-Duke rematch highlights final weekend in ACC Updated: Mar-07-14 5:04 am
- Vols unveil 'Smokey gray' postseason uniforms Updated: Mar-06-14 12:03 pm
- West Coast Conference still making strides Updated: Mar-05-14 6:08 pm
- In NCAA D3 basketball tournaments, 7 Minn. teams Updated: Mar-04-14 10:00 pm
- No. 2 Wichita State dominates Valley awards Updated: Mar-04-14 5:10 pm
- Florida State keeps tourney hopes alive, 81-71 Updated: Mar-02-14 8:47 pm
- North Dakota State tops Denver 78-68 Updated: Mar-01-14 10:08 pm
- Southern's basketball, bowling to miss postseason Updated: Feb-27-14 10:11 pm
- Contractors ordered off UConn job over wage issues Updated: Feb-25-14 5:45 pm
- Creighton accepts 'Battle of the Beaks' challenge Updated: Feb-22-14 5:04 am
- Nebraska GOP scraps US Senate debate in April Updated: Feb-19-14 5:07 am
- Challenge, opportunity for Ole Miss this week Updated: Feb-17-14 3:08 pm
- Canisius edges Siena 92-88 in triple OT Updated: Feb-16-14 5:32 pm
- St Francis holds off Fairleigh Dickenson, 89-82 Updated: Feb-15-14 9:48 pm
- NCAA: Southern U's athletic programs ineligible Updated: Feb-13-14 9:21 pm
- Syracuse, Wichita State in pursuit of perfection Updated: Feb-13-14 12:17 pm
Recent editorials from Florida newspapers:
BOWLING GREEN, Ohio - Bowling Green State University has announced it will not renew the contract of seven-year men's basketball coach Louis Orr.
LARAMIE, Wyoming - The Wyoming men's and women's basketball teams each had a player named to the All-Mountain West Conference first team.
The Montana men's and women's basketball teams along with the Montana State women have advanced to the Big Sky Conference tournaments.
ST. LOUIS - Khristian Smith tipped in a missed Justin Gant jumper with 14 seconds remaining to give No. 2 seed Indiana State a 62-59 win over sixth-seeded Southern Illinois in the semifinal round of the Missouri Valley Conference tournament Saturday.
INDIANAPOLIS - Annalise Pickrel scored 18 points and Branndais Agee was clutch down the stretch Friday as No. 19 Michigan State rallied to beat Michigan 61-58 in the Big Ten quarterfinals.
ST. LOUIS - Evansville got another big game from D.J. Balentine. It wasn't nearly enough for one of the youngest teams in the nation to stop unbeaten Wichita State.
CONWAY, South Carolina - Andre Smith made a 3-point shot over two defenders with .5 seconds left as Winthrop, the No. 4 seed out of the South Division, upset High Point, the North's No. 1 seed, 62-60 in a Big South quarterfinal on Friday.
A look at five things to watch in the Southeastern Conference this week:
A look at five things to watch in the Atlantic Coast Conference this week:
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee's basketball team has its version of the gray uniforms the football team occasionally used last season.
SAN FRANCISCO - When Jamie Zaninovich looks at the West Coast Conference men's basketball tournament as commissioner, he envisions two teams from the conference reaching the NCAA tournament and putting the WCC on the national map once more.
MINNEAPOLIS - Four women's teams and three men's teams from Minnesota have been picked for the NCAA Division III basketball tournaments.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Wichita State was just about as dominant in the Missouri Valley's postseason awards Thursday as the unbeaten Shockers were in running roughshod through the league schedule.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Devon Bookert scored 16 points off the bench, going 4 for 4 on 3-pointers, as Florida State defeated Georgia Tech 81-71 on Sunday.
FARGO, North Dakota - Taylor Braun's 16 points led six players in double figures as North Dakota State topped Denver 78-68 on Saturday.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The NCAA has barred Southern University's winter sports teams, including the Jaguars' men's and women's basketball teams, from playing in the postseason as they continue to investigate issues with the school's academic eligibility paperwork.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Two companies were ordered to stop work on the University of Connecticut's new basketball training facility after a surprise inspection found workers were being paid in cash, allegedly to avoid paying taxes and workers' compensation, a state official said Tuesday.
OMAHA, Nebraska - Creighton University is hoping to feather its scholarship fund with a little friendly competition.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The Nebraska Republican Party is hoping to reschedule an April 7 debate it scrapped among GOP candidates for Nebraska's open U.S. Senate seat.
Two straight road losses have sent Ole Miss tumbling down the Southeastern Conference standings.
ALBANY, New York - Billy Baron scored a career-high 40 points, grabbed 10 rebounds and fueled the go-ahead run in triple overtime to lead Canisius to a 92-88 win over Siena on Sunday.
TEANECK, New Jersey - Greg Brown dunked twice in the final 28 seconds as St. Francis held off Fairleigh Dickinson in the second to score an 89-82 win Saturday night.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - All of Southern University's athletic programs are ineligible for postseason competition while the school attempts to satisfy NCAA requests for additional and corrected paperwork regarding the academic progress of student-athletes dating to 2009.
WICHITA, Kansas - Phil Martelli remembers the crowds that started showing up for practices at Saint Joseph's, bigger and bigger with every victory the Hawks put on the board.