- State Senate panel OKs police and fire pension plan overhaul Updated: Feb-03-16 3:10 pm
PHOENIX - Legislation enacting a major overhaul of the state's badly underfunded public safety worker pension plan was unanimously approved Wednesday by a Senate committee and will likely come to a vote Thursday by the full Senate.
- Editorials from around Ohio Updated: Feb-01-16 10:37 am
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from Ohio newspapers:
- Justice Dept. targeting collusion in heir-tracing industry Updated: Jan-27-16 1:38 pm
WASHINGTON - The Justice Department is investigating an industry that seeks out heirs to the recently deceased and is looking into whether price-fixing and other anti-competitive practices have ripped off relatives who have enlisted the companies' services, law enforcement officials said.
- Panic is passÃ©: investors stay steady on retirement savings Updated: Jan-27-16 12:43 pm
Panic is so passÃ©.
- Editorials from around Pennsylvania Updated: Jan-27-16 10:17 am
Editorials from around Pennsylvania:
- Ocean Springs retirement investor seeks delay in fraud trial Updated: Jan-11-16 9:42 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - The attorney for an Ocean Springs retirement investor accused of taking more than $1 million of his clients' money is asking to postpone trial because of plea negotiations.
- Financial adviser accused of $15 million investment fraud Updated: Jan-09-16 10:16 am
CLEVELAND - A northeastern Ohio financial adviser has been indicted on charges he helped defraud at least 100 investors of more than $15 million.