- Appointee of NJ governor resigns amid bridge probe Updated: Dec-13-13 3:40 pm
- I-40 reopening after accident near Ariz.-NM line Updated: Dec-13-13 11:58 am
- Driver arrested in fatal CA crash on I-580 Updated: Dec-12-13 7:53 pm
- St. Charles nixes voluntary traffic checkpoints Updated: Dec-12-13 4:32 pm
- Charlotte won't allow rush hour filming, closures Updated: Dec-12-13 7:19 am
- Alaska officials consider rerouting Parks Highway Updated: Dec-11-13 5:31 pm
- Northern Arkansas still socked in by wintery storm Updated: Dec-10-13 8:25 pm
- Iowa panel OKs rules for red light, speed cameras Updated: Dec-10-13 5:34 pm
- 2 tankers crash, closing westbound I-70 in W. Pa. Updated: Dec-10-13 10:36 am
- Md. officials urge drivers to stay off roads Updated: Dec-10-13 7:26 am
- Snow, ice create hazardous driving conditions Updated: Dec-09-13 5:43 pm
- Power outage snarls Anchorage traffic Updated: Dec-09-13 3:36 pm
- VDOT: Road conditions improving across Virginia Updated: Dec-09-13 3:05 pm
- Many schools closed in Ark. after wintry weather Updated: Dec-09-13 7:17 am
- Many Ind. schools delayed by ice-slick roads Updated: Dec-09-13 7:01 am
- Small plane lands on Orange County toll road Updated: Dec-08-13 10:49 pm
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic Updated: Dec-08-13 10:34 pm
- Snow creates slick roads in Nebraska, Iowa Updated: Dec-08-13 8:31 pm
- 1 dead in snowy turnpike crash, roadway reopens Updated: Dec-08-13 8:29 pm
- Snow causes at least 2 fatal crashes in S Wis. Updated: Dec-08-13 8:01 pm
- Authorities: Fatal crash partly due to icy roads Updated: Dec-08-13 6:55 pm
- Storm causes big headaches for travelers in UT, AZ Updated: Dec-08-13 6:28 pm
- Fairbanks man paves way for young drivers Updated: Dec-08-13 5:56 pm
- Chain-reaction crash snarls snowy Interstate 81 Updated: Dec-08-13 5:43 pm
- North Texans dealing with ice storm aftermath Updated: Dec-08-13 5:29 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie announced the resignation Friday of one of his top appointees amid an escalating probe of whether traffic jams approaching a bridge into New York City were purposeful political retribution. But the Republican governor and potential 2016 presidential candidate said the lane closures at the heart of the brouhaha were not politically motivated, although they have become a distraction.
CHAMBERS, Arizona - Westbound Interstate 40 is being reopened after being closed part of Friday morning about 30 miles west of the Arizona-New Mexico line due to a truck accident.
LIVERMORE, California - A driver who rear-ended another driver on Interstate 580 in Livermore has been arrested on suspicion of drunken driving and vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence.
ST. CHARLES, Missouri - St. Charles County drivers pulled over at several recent weekend safety checkpoints received something other than the usual verbal warnings, traffic citations or even tickets for drunken driving.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Charlotte officials say they probably won't be doing that again.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Alaska Department of Transportation is considering a Parks Highway route that would bypass Wasilla and help relieve traffic congestion in the city.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Tuesday's sun helped melt some of the ice that has kept schools and businesses in northern Arkansas closed for days. But conditions were still bad enough that number of school districts, including Fayetteville and Rogers, announced they'll be closed again Wednesday.
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Transportation Commission on Tuesday approved new rules that would give state transportation officials control over whether speed and red light cameras are placed by cities and counties on state supervised highways and interstates.
SMITHTON, Pennsylvania - A tanker truck driver says his brakes failed before he crashed into a concrete barrier and rolled into the westbound lanes of Interstate 70 in western Pennsylvania, where another tanker coming in the opposite direction also crashed trying to avoid the first truck.
BALTIMORE - The Maryland State Highway Administration is urging drivers to delay travel as wintry weather moves through the region.
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Snow and ice are creating hazardous driving conditions in Michigan, with crashes leading to injuries and at least one expressway shutdown.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A power outage in the state's largest city is causing traffic problems.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Road conditions are improving across Virginia while another storm is on its way.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Many schools remain closed Monday and state government workers in Little Rock got a late start as road conditions slowly improve from last week's wintry weather.
INDIANAPOLIS - Dozens of schools districts across Indiana have closed for the day or delayed openings after freezing rain overnight made roads slick.
RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA, California - Authorities say a student pilot and instructor aboard a small plane are fine after making an emergency landing on an Orange County toll road.
PHILADELPHIA - A powerful storm that crept across the country dropped snow, freezing rain and sleet on the Mid-Atlantic region and headed northeast Sunday, turning NFL playing fields in Pennsylvania into winter wonderlands, dumping a foot of snow in Delaware and threatening a messy Monday commute in the northeast corridor.
OMAHA, Nebraska - Snow blanketed most of eastern Nebraska and Iowa this weekend, creating slick driving conditions and ensuring a cold start to the work week.
PHILADELPHIA - A large storm brought heavy snow to parts of Pennsylvania on Sunday, wreaking havoc on the turnpike, contributing to at least one traffic fatality and covering the fields of the Pittsburgh Steelers and Philadelphia Eagles in white.
MILWAUKEE - Snow contributed Sunday to at least two fatal accidents and numerous other pileups that injured dozens of people in southern Wisconsin.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Authorities say icy road conditions are partly to blame for a fatal car accident in Davidson County.
ST. GEORGE, Utah - A storm dropped heavy snow along the Utah-Arizona border, leaving hundreds of travelers stranded on Interstate 15 overnight into Sunday and shutting down the airport and public bus system in St. George.
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Dressed in a pair of black Carhartt bibs and sporting long, white hair past his shoulders with a bushy white beard and tattoo-covered arms, Thomas McGee doesn't fit the mold of your prototypical driving instructor.
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - Maryland authorities say snow removal efforts on Interstate 81 in Washington County were delayed for hours because of a chain-reaction accident involving more than 20 vehicles.
DALLAS - North Texas was starting to thaw out slightly Sunday as residents cautiously began to venture out after two days of largely staying indoors because of icy roads.