- Icy roads blamed in 2 western Kansas deaths Updated: Nov-27-15 9:11 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Freezing rain and high winds have hit Kansas, causing several accidents, including two fatalities.
- Westbound Interstate 44 reopens in Oklahoma City after crash Updated: Nov-26-15 12:11 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Department of Transportation says Interstate 44 has reopened in northwest Oklahoma City after it was shut down for several hours Thursday morning.
- Washington highway tolls go up and down over holiday Updated: Nov-26-15 8:05 am
SEATTLE - Washington highway and bridge tolls will be going up - or down - on Thanksgiving, depending on the roadway traveled.
- Heavy snow closes several highways in Fairbanks area Updated: Nov-25-15 7:24 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Heavy snow is creating difficult driving conditions in the Fairbanks area, with winter conditions closing several highways Wednesday.
- Travelers take to the roads and the skies for Thanksgiving Updated: Nov-25-15 7:11 pm
LOS ANGELES - The big Thanksgiving getaway went into full swing Wednesday with drivers delighted by the lowest November gas prices in years and many airline passengers undaunted by terrorism fears and long lines at security checkpoints.
- Snow could cause Thanksgiving travel problems in the West Updated: Nov-25-15 2:56 pm
DENVER - A storm left ice and snow on roads in Montana on Wednesday and could cause headaches for those traveling in Wyoming for Thanksgiving before it moves into Colorado.
- Meade County commissioners award contract for Sturgis bypass Updated: Nov-25-15 8:22 am
STURGIS, South Dakota - Meade County commissioners have awarded a $1.3 million contract to a Rapid City company to build a highway bypass at Sturgis.
- Prosecutors in bridge case say they have nothing to hide Updated: Nov-25-15 7:33 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - The attorney for one of the defendants in the 2013 George Washington Bridge lane-closing case claims it was his client's ex-colleague who gave the order for the closures to coincide with the first day in school.
- VDOT aims to smooth holiday traffic by lifting lane closures Updated: Nov-25-15 7:08 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia Department of Transportation is smoothing the way for travelers by suspending highway work zones during the long Thanksgiving holiday.
- Patrol reminds Ohio motorists to wear vehicle safety belts Updated: Nov-25-15 6:57 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The State Highway Patrol is reminding Ohioans that safety belts provide the single most effective way for motorists to protect themselves as large numbers of people are expected to take to the roads over the Thanksgiving holiday period.
- Woman dies in I-90 rollover east of Drummond Updated: Nov-25-15 4:01 am
MISSOULA, Montana - Authorities say a woman has died after losing control of her pickup truck on the icy roads of Interstate 90 near Drummond.
- TDOT halts lane closures during Thanksgiving holiday Updated: Nov-25-15 3:31 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Transportation Department will halt all lane closure activity on interstates and state highways during the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Report: Connecticut motorists losing $5.1 billion annually Updated: Nov-24-15 3:01 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A national transportation research group released a report Tuesday that found Connecticut motorists are losing $5.1 billion annually due to congestion-related delays, higher vehicle operating costs and traffic crashes.
- Wichita offering amnesty program for some suspended drivers Updated: Nov-24-15 5:01 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Wichita Municipal Court is offering an amnesty program next month for drivers whose licenses have been suspended for failing to pay or go to court for a traffic citation.
- New York to minimize highway disruptions during holiday Updated: Nov-24-15 3:06 am
ALBANY, New York - In a move to ease Thanksgiving holiday traffic, New York state will temporarily halt highway lane closures caused by road work.
- US 2 near Stevens Pass reopens to two-way traffic Updated: Nov-23-15 7:43 pm
SKYKOMISH, Washington - Traffic is moving in both directions again on storm-damaged U.S. Highway 2 between Skykomish and Stevens Pass.
- State plans Phoenix test project to combat wrong-way crashes Updated: Nov-23-15 7:24 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona transportation officials are responding to a flurry of deadly wrong-way crashes with a plan for a test project on a Phoenix freeway that includes using sensors to detect wrong-way drivers and alert authorities and other motorists.
- Study finds Chicago home to nation's worst bottleneck Updated: Nov-23-15 7:19 pm
CHICAGO - A study by an advocacy group found the nation's worst traffic bottleneck in terms of hours of delay is a stretch of Chicago's Kennedy Expressway.
- Report finds racial bias in traffic stops by Texas troopers Updated: Nov-23-15 6:54 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - An analysis of Texas Department of Public Safety reports shows black drivers are consistently searched at a higher rate than their white counterparts - refuting years of agency claims that its data proves it treats motorists of different races equally.
- Rules of the road for motorists include open range in Idaho Updated: Nov-23-15 2:58 pm
BOISE, Idaho - In March 2004, a motorcyclist riding through Lincoln County came over a slight rise in the road, hit a calf and died. In that moment, new West and old West collided, and not for the first or last time.
- Troopers to crack down on drivers who cut into express lanes Updated: Nov-23-15 7:14 am
MIAMI - The Florida Highway Patrol says it is about to crack down on people who plow through plastic poles separating express lanes from other traffic on Interstate 95 in South Florida.
- Maple Valley Highway closed as dangerous trees removed Updated: Nov-22-15 1:18 pm
RENTON, Washington - Maple Valley Highway is closed Sunday between Interstate 405 and 140th Way Southeast while crews remove three threes that pose a high risk of falling on the highway.
- Va. officials want to extend express toll lanes to DC line Updated: Nov-21-15 3:06 pm
ARLINGTON, Virginia - Virginia's transportation secretary says he wants to extend express toll lanes in northern Virginia to the District of Columbia line.
- Widening I-75 in northwest Ohio reaches halfway point Updated: Nov-21-15 6:11 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - There's a bit of good news for drivers in northwestern Ohio who've been dodging bumps and dips on Interstate 75 during a massive widening project south of Toledo.
- Roads begin to close for Philadelphia Marathon Updated: Nov-20-15 6:45 am
PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia motorists are facing detours as the city prepares for Sunday's marathon.