- The Latest: Art teacher killed in manhole cover accident Updated: Feb-12-16 7:04 pm
BOSTON - The Latest on the death of a woman whose vehicle was struck by a manhole cover on a Boston highway (all times local):
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver Updated: Feb-12-16 6:40 pm
BOSTON - A dislodged manhole cover weighing more than 200 pounds went airborne and crashed through an SUV's windshield on a major highway, killing an art teacher as she drove to work during the Friday morning commute, authorities said.
- Arkansas rest area to close for $4.8 million renovations Updated: Feb-12-16 11:52 am
HAZEN, Arkansas - State highway officials say a rest area on Interstate 40 in eastern Arkansas will be closed so it can be renovated into a new tourist information center.
- Major Phoenix artery partially reopens after accident Updated: Feb-12-16 11:22 am
PHOENIX - A fatal collision closed part of a major Phoenix traffic artery during the Friday morning commute.
- Some roads reopened in Dewey Wills Wildlife Management Area Updated: Feb-12-16 4:06 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries says it has reopened some roads that had been closed because of flooding in the Dewey W. Wills Wildlife Management Area.
- October trial for Ohio cop who shot driver in traffic stop Updated: Feb-11-16 12:38 pm
CINCINNATI - An October trial date has been scheduled for a former University of Cincinnati police officer charged with murder in the fatal shooting of a motorist after a traffic stop.
- MADD: Car-locking systems stopped 1.77 million drunk drivers Updated: Feb-10-16 9:08 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Car-locking systems have stopped more than 1.77 million people from driving drunk since states first passed laws requiring offenders to install them in 1999, Mothers Against Drunk Driving said in a first-of-its-kind report on the devices nationwide.
- Turnpike boss: Drivers stranded by snow safer on turnpike Updated: Feb-10-16 7:46 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Keeping vehicles on the Pennsylvania Turnpike during a major snowfall that stranded hundreds of motorists for more than 24 hours last month was the safest decision under the circumstances, turnpike officials and state police said Wednesday.
- Governor, legislators reach deal on I-66 expansion, tolls Updated: Feb-10-16 2:42 pm
McLEAN, Virginia - Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe and Republican legislators reached a compromise Wednesday on plans to expand Interstate 66 inside the Capital Beltway and charge tolls on the highway during rush hour.
- Computer as driver? 'Yes' from feds boosts self-driving cars Updated: Feb-10-16 2:38 pm
DETROIT - Computers that control cars of the future can be considered drivers just like humans, the federal government's highway safety agency has decided.
- New traffic pattern blamed for voter woes in Merrimack Updated: Feb-10-16 12:17 pm
MERRIMACK, New Hampshire - Officials say a new traffic pattern was to blame for a long line of cars waiting to get to the lone polling place in Merrimack on primary day.
- Westbound I-210 closed near Glendale after big rigs collide Updated: Feb-10-16 9:29 am
GLENDALE, California - Commuter traffic is backed up for miles on westbound Interstate 210 north of Los Angeles at the scene of a crash involving two big rigs.
- Drivers warned of slick conditions in parts of Pennsylvania Updated: Feb-09-16 4:13 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Authorities are reporting no widespread problems reported on state-related highways in Pennsylvania due to the storm, although Interstate 81 southbound in Schuylkill County was closed due to a tractor-trailer crash.
- I-405 tolls collect $3.7 million in 3 months Updated: Feb-09-16 1:18 pm
SEATTLE - In the three months the Interstate 405 express toll lanes have been open the state has collected more than triple the money expected.
- American, United reports show steady traffic, lower fares Updated: Feb-09-16 1:00 pm
Reports from American Airlines and United Airlines show that air travel demand is growing modestly and there aren't many empty seats, but average fares continue to decline.
- South Oklahoma City interchange to get multilevel renovation Updated: Feb-09-16 11:42 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Transportation Commission has approved the first construction contract on what's expected to be an eight-year project to replace the Interstate 35 interchange with Interstate 240 in south Oklahoma City.
- Interstate 35 reopened in northern Iowa, state officials say Updated: Feb-09-16 8:48 am
MASON CITY, Iowa - Iowa authorities say Interstate 35 has been reopened in both directions between Ames and Clear Lake, a stretch of more than 80 miles.
- Police: 80 crashes reported across southern New England Updated: Feb-09-16 6:54 am
WARWICK, Rhode Island - Authorities say about 80 crashes were reported across southern New England as the snowstorm created difficult driving conditions on the roadways.
- I-29 reopened after pileup involving 5 semis, 2 patrol cars Updated: Feb-08-16 6:06 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Authorities have reopened the Interstate 29 southbound lanes two miles north of Bowesmont after a 12-vehicle pileup that included five semis and two Pembina County patrol cars.
- Arkansas looks to cut wrong-way crashes with $2.8M updates Updated: Feb-08-16 4:55 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas highway officials have initiated $2.8 million in improvements with a focus on reducing wrong-way crashes on the state freeway system.
- Taxi in Prague block traffic, demand higher pay, ban on Uber Updated: Feb-08-16 6:06 am
PRAGUE - Hundreds of Czech taxi drivers are blocking a major road in downtown Prague to demand higher pay and protest alternative services such as Uber.
- Travel alert issued for northeast, southeast North Dakota Updated: Feb-07-16 8:43 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Strong winds, reduced visibility and icy roads are expected to make driving hazardous eastern North Dakota.
- Protestors register displeasure of express interstate lanes Updated: Feb-06-16 4:49 pm
TAMPA, Florida - About 150 people decked in bright-yellow rain ponchos marched through portions of Tampa, decrying the state's plan to build express interstate toll lanes.
- Trooper issued an average of 2,000 tickets annually in Ohio Updated: Feb-06-16 11:45 am
SANDUSKY, Ohio - The hockey mom from Philadelphia hit 82 mph and never saw the silver patrol car in the median of the Ohio Turnpike.
- State police to be on lookout on Super Bowl Sunday Updated: Feb-06-16 11:01 am
MIDDLETOWN, Connecticut - State police in Connecticut are warning they will be on the lookout for impaired drivers before and after this weekend's Super Bowl.