- Scan of Bonner Bridge scheduled; traffic delays expected Updated: Aug-05-15 4:06 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The N.C. Department of Transportation has scheduled its annual scan of the Bonner Bridge deck, which is expected to hold up traffic briefly.
- I-65 closure for bridge repair to last through Thursday Updated: Aug-04-15 11:57 pm
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - The Indiana Department of Transportation says a stretch of Interstate 65 near Lafayette will likely remain closed until Thursday as crews finish emergency structural repairs on a bridge.
- Truck crash ties up New Jersey Turnpike for hours; 1 dead Updated: Aug-04-15 11:04 pm
LINDEN, New Jersey - A dump truck crashed into an overpass on one of the nation's busiest toll roads on Tuesday, killing one person, sparking a fire and causing a miles-long traffic standstill that lasted for hours.
- The Latest: New Jersey Turnpike reopens after fatal accident Updated: Aug-04-15 10:34 pm
LINDEN, New Jersey - The latest in the New Jersey Turnpike truck accident (all times local):
- Man leaps to death from LA-area freeway bridge Updated: Aug-04-15 6:58 pm
BURBANK, California - A man who'd just been released from a hospital has jumped to his death from a freeway overpass in Burbank.
- Appeals court reinstates trucker lawsuit over NY road tolls Updated: Aug-04-15 4:46 pm
NEW YORK - Truckers who claim the New York State Thruway Authority charges excessive tolls are back on track after a federal appeals court reinstated their claims Tuesday.
- Excerpts from editorials by Illinois newspapers Updated: Aug-04-15 11:47 am
August 3, 2015
- Driver hurt when truck strikes divider on I-210 in San Dimas Updated: Aug-04-15 9:26 am
SAN DIMAS, California - Traffic is slowly moving again in both directions at the scene of a big-rig crash on Interstate 210 in eastern Los Angeles County.
- NCDOT schedules repairs on lane of Interstate 40 bridge Updated: Aug-04-15 4:06 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The N.C. Department of Transportation says it is closing the right lane on the westbound side of Interstate 40 bridge over the Northeast Cape Fear River to make repairs.
- Coroner: Ohio motorist shot by officer had fragrance bottle Updated: Aug-03-15 6:16 pm
CINCINNATI - A bottle held up by a motorist during a traffic stop before he was fatally shot by a University of Cincinnati police officer apparently contained a fragrance, not alcohol, a coroner said Monday.
- Police issue 'pantry tickets' for minor traffic violations Updated: Aug-03-15 5:35 pm
AFFTON, Missouri - Drivers pulled over by police in the Affton area of St. Louis County for a minor traffic violation recently got a surprise: No ticket, but a suggestion to instead donate money to a food pantry or some other worthy cause.
- Rains leave slick roads, cause flash flooding in Michigan Updated: Aug-03-15 6:02 am
DETROIT - Heavy rains as part of severe thunderstorms left roads slick and caused flash flooding in parts of Michigan.
- Crews to begin rock hauling at site of Oklahoma rockslide Updated: Jul-31-15 7:01 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma transportation officials say workers are preparing to start rock hauling at the site of a rockslide that has closed a portion of Interstate 35 between Oklahoma City and Dallas.
- Arkansas highway crews set I-40 work at NLR for next week Updated: Jul-31-15 12:30 pm
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Interstate 40 in North Little Rock will be closed at times overnight next week while workers take down an old bridge.
- Eastbound I-10 reopens after closure in west metro Phoenix Updated: Jul-31-15 9:53 am
PHOENIX - The Arizona Department of Transportation says eastbound Interstate 10 is reopening near the Loop 101 freeway in the western part of the Phoenix metro area following an accident closure during the beginning of the morning commute.
- Inspection to close lane of Interstate 40 near West Memphis Updated: Jul-31-15 3:20 am
WEST MEMPHIS, Arkansas - The Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department says a lane of Interstate 40 near West Memphis will be closed for a bridge inspection.
- The Latest: Fired Ohio officer posts bail, gets out of jail Updated: Jul-30-15 8:11 pm
CINCINNATI - Here are the latest developments in the case of the July 19 fatal shooting of a motorist after a traffic stop by a University of Cincinnati police officer (all times local):
- Work at Arkansas Children's Hospital to require lane closure Updated: Jul-30-15 3:08 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department says maintenance work at the Arkansas Children's Hospital will require lane closures on 8th Street in Little Rock.
- Arizona DPS officer scuffles with motorist in Casa Grande Updated: Jul-29-15 7:13 pm
CASA GRANDE, Arizona - An Arizona Department of Public Safety officer suffered minor injuries after scuffling with a motorist who was driving a stolen vehicle.
- Traffic advisory sign briefly changed to anti-police message Updated: Jul-29-15 3:15 pm
BALTIMORE - Public works officials say someone changed a message on a contractor's portable traffic advisory sign in west Baltimore to a profane anti-police quote.
- Northbound I-35 in southern Oklahoma closed by semi crash Updated: Jul-29-15 10:17 am
PAOLI, Oklahoma - Northbound lanes of Interstate 35 near Paoli are closed after a tractor-trailer rig hauling cattle overturned.
- Lane closures set as pulled-down pedestrian bridge rebuilt Updated: Jul-29-15 5:32 am
DETROIT - Lane closures are planned on a Detroit freeway as the state rebuilds a pedestrian bridge that was pulled down last year by a trash truck.
- Wildfire east of Glide closes North Umpqua Highway Updated: Jul-29-15 12:56 am
GLIDE, Oregon - A wildfire burning about six miles east of Glide has closed Highway 138.
- Northbound I-65 reopens near Elizabethtown Updated: Jul-28-15 8:47 pm
ELIZABETHTOWN, Kentucky - Northbound Interstate 65 lanes north of Elizabethtown have reopened.
- Arkansas highway commission approves bid for interchanges Updated: Jul-28-15 11:19 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas State Highway Commission has approved a $1.8 million bid for improvements to 25 interchanges on several highways in seven counties.