- Several I-5 exits in Tacoma to close for construction Updated: Aug-28-15 5:16 am
TACOMA, Washington - Several northbound Interstate 5 exits in Tacoma will be closed this weekend for construction.
- State Police: Slow down on Vermont's highways Updated: Aug-28-15 4:08 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Vermont State Police say they have caught at least six drivers in three weeks for speeding in excess of 100 mph along the state's highways.
- Engineers working on plan for I-65 bridge near Lafayette Updated: Aug-27-15 2:25 pm
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Engineers could soon have a repair plan for an Interstate 65 bridge over Wildcat Creek, according to the Indiana Department of Transportation.
- All US 52 lanes reopened after semitrailer overturns Updated: Aug-26-15 12:09 pm
COLFAX, Indiana - All lanes of a central Indiana highway being used as an Interstate 65 detour have reopened after a semitrailer overturned, causing traffic to back up for more than a mile.
- You can blame the beeping economy for worst US traffic ever Updated: Aug-26-15 1:07 am
WASHINGTON - More jobs and cheaper gasoline come with a big, honking downside: U.S. roads are more clogged than ever now that the recession is in the rearview mirror.
- Tech startups want to change the way you drive Updated: Aug-25-15 12:17 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A veteran computer scientist hates sitting in his car at stop lights, so he creates software that makes the experience less annoying. A former engineering professor wants to double the range of today's electric vehicles. And an aeronautics expert believes flying cars shouldn't be science fiction.
- San Diego proposing $163M stoplight system plan Updated: Aug-25-15 9:23 am
SAN DIEGO - San Diego officials are hoping a $163 million plan to install modern stoplight timing systems and other advanced technologies will address worsening traffic congestion on city roads.
- Interstate 5 closures in Portland all this week Updated: Aug-24-15 9:40 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Oregon Department of Transportation will be closing Interstate 5 through Portland for several nights and mornings this week for road paving.
- Nevada, California talk Tahoe traffic fixes at 19th summit Updated: Aug-24-15 6:59 pm
ZEPHYR COVE, Nevada - Officials from both Nevada and California gathered on the shores of Lake Tahoe on Monday to discuss how to deal with the heavy visitor traffic that takes a toll on the lake environment.
- Michigan highway officials launch 'smart' roads initiative Updated: Aug-24-15 1:59 pm
DETROIT - Highway officials are beginning to install sensors and cameras that will be able to provide construction, traffic and weather updates to motorists on roads near Detroit.
- Hundreds close roads in Greece to protest gold mine closure Updated: Aug-24-15 10:50 am
THESSALONIKI, Greece - Greek police have arrested two union leaders after hundreds of miners blocked roads to protest the temporary closure of a controversial gold mine in northern Greece.
- Wildfire west of Portland closes portion of Highway 26 Updated: Aug-24-15 10:43 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - The state Department of Transportation says a portion of Highway 26 will remain closed until at least noon Monday because of a wildfire near Manning, Oregon.
- US 77 bypass around Wahoo scheduled to open Tuesday Updated: Aug-24-15 9:52 am
WAHOO, Nebraska - The U.S. Highway 77 bypass around Wahoo is scheduled to open Tuesday, after years of planning and then construction.
- Vermont high court rejects challenge to Burlington highway Updated: Aug-22-15 8:43 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Vermont Supreme Court has rejected the final legal challenge for a long-delayed roadway from Interstate 189 into downtown Burlington.
- Omaha pastor and wife among 4 killed in fiery head-on crash Updated: Aug-21-15 7:19 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A popular Omaha minister who founded a nonprofit organization devoted to giving hope to inner city teens was among four people killed in a fiery head-on crash on Interstate 90 near Alexandria, authorities said Friday.
- Authorities investigating fiery Interstate 90 crash Updated: Aug-20-15 6:40 pm
ALEXANDRIA, South Dakota - Authorities are diverting traffic off Interstate 90 east of Mitchell as they investigate a fiery two-car crash.
- 1 in 5 Interstate 15 carpool lane drivers violate law Updated: Aug-20-15 1:17 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Transportation officials say 1 in every 5 drivers shouldn't be in the carpool lane on Interstate 15.
- Northbound Interstate 35 reopens on Oklahoma City south side Updated: Aug-20-15 11:35 am
MOORE, Oklahoma - Northbound lanes of Interstate 35 in Moore on the south edge of Oklahoma City have reopened after being closed for more than five hours because of an auto accident.
- Johns Creek partners with navigation app to help motorists Updated: Aug-20-15 6:15 am
ATLANTA - A traffic-navigation phone app is looking to help inform motorists avoid traffic delays and navigate easier in a northeast suburb of Atlanta.
- Work beginning on $30 million highway bypass around Killdeer Updated: Aug-19-15 12:41 pm
KILLDEER, North Dakota - Construction is beginning on a $30 million bypass to route truck traffic around the western North Dakota oil patch town of Killdeer.
- Truck crash spills garbage across Detroit-area freeway Updated: Aug-19-15 9:19 am
LIVONIA, Michigan - A semi-truck crash spilled garbage across a suburban Detroit freeway, closing the roadway.
- Missouri Supreme Court rules on traffic-camera challenges Updated: Aug-18-15 8:40 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The Missouri Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that there are constitutional or legal issues with three cities' traffic-camera ordinances, a move that has already prompted at least two cities to say they will likely redraft the programs.
- Part of highway in Uintah County could be closed for 1 year Updated: Aug-18-15 6:37 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A stretch of state highway in eastern Utah that provides access to a picturesque parcel of wilderness may be closed for as long as a year.
- Idaho replaces mile marker 420 with 419.9 to thwart stoners Updated: Aug-18-15 5:32 pm
BOISE, Idaho - If you're looking for milepost 420, you won't find it in Idaho.
- Highway 11 closed south of Sioux Falls for flood project Updated: Aug-18-15 2:47 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The South Dakota Department of Transportation says Highway 11 is closed south of Sioux Falls.