- South Carolina cleans up, but worries remain amid floods Updated: Oct-06-15 6:39 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The family of Miss South Carolina 1954 found her flood-soaked pageant scrapbook on a dining room floor littered with dead fish on Tuesday, as the first sunny day in nearly two weeks provided a chance to clean up from historic floods.
- Lawyers argue court schedules in bridge lane-closing cases Updated: Oct-06-15 5:00 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Court schedules for two cases stemming from the 2013 lane closures at the George Washington Bridge could determine how much evidence the criminal defendants are allowed to see before trial, giving rise to the latest dispute between prosecutors and defense lawyers.
- The Latest: University of South Carolina avoids worst floods Updated: Oct-06-15 2:27 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The latest on the rainstorm that pounded parts of the East Coast (all times local):
- Interstate traffic stalled by woman's bomb premonition Updated: Oct-06-15 3:01 am
DELRAY BEACH, Florida - Authorities say a woman brought Interstate 95 traffic to a halt for at least a half hour after she had a premonition about a bomb in her car.
- Lanes reopen on I-5 north near Kent after collision Updated: Oct-05-15 8:05 pm
KENT, Washington - State Department of Transportation officials say lanes on Interstate 5 north have reopened at South 320th Street near Kent after a collision closed all lanes for a couple hours.
- Flooding prompts road closure to Valley of Fire State Park Updated: Oct-05-15 6:14 pm
LAS VEGAS - Officials say a wet storm produced flooding that prompted the closure on Monday of a road leading to Nevada's Valley of Fire State Park.
- Flash flooding from intense storm closes Death Valley roads Updated: Oct-05-15 5:31 pm
LAS VEGAS - Authorities say an intense wet rainstorm created flash flooding that closed roads in Death Valley National Park in California.
- Nighttime work planned on I-93 in Concord Updated: Oct-05-15 4:00 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Nighttime drainage work on Interstate 93 in Concord is resulting in some lane closures between Exits 12 and 13.
- Pittsburgh-area bridge closed as crews ready replacement Updated: Oct-05-15 9:01 am
OAKMONT, Pennsylvania - A busy bridge over the Allegheny River near Pittsburgh has closed while crews work to realign roads from the closed bridge to the new $65 million structure being built to replace it.
- Charleston closed to incoming traffic as heavy rains soak SC Updated: Oct-03-15 3:28 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Charleston was closed to incoming traffic Saturday as torrential rains soaked South Carolina, washing out bridges, flooding roads and leaving some motorists stranded as flood waters engulfed their cars.
- The Latest: Roads, bridges washed out in SC storm Updated: Oct-03-15 3:20 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The latest on the rain storm affecting South Carolina this weekend (all times local):
- The Latest: Surfer enjoys outing in Chesapeake Bay Updated: Oct-03-15 2:06 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The latest on heavy rains in Virginia. (All times local):
- AP analysis: Dozens of deaths likely from VW pollution dodge Updated: Oct-03-15 12:20 pm
WASHINGTON - Volkswagen's pollution-control chicanery has not just been victimless tinkering, killing between five and 20 people in the United States annually in recent years, according to an Associated Press statistical and computer analysis.
- Hot tar stops traffic, cars squeeze around it on shoulder Updated: Oct-02-15 10:55 am
POMONA, California - Hot tar oozed out of an overturned truck after it collided with a sedan early Friday, blocking the westbound lanes of State Route 71 in Pomona.
- I-90 eastbound lanes in Albany closed, westbound ones reopen Updated: Oct-02-15 10:40 am
ALBANY, New York - State transportation officials say Interstate 90's westbound lanes have reopened but two of the three eastbound lanes are closed as crews make repairs to a bridge.
- Interstate 95 reopens after truck fire snarls traffic Updated: Oct-01-15 7:27 am
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Northbound lanes of Interstate 95 have reopened after a tractor-trailer fire snarled traffic near Daytona Beach for hours.
- Repent! Undercover New Hampshire cops nab cell ban violators Updated: Sep-30-15 1:54 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Michelle Tetreault's daughter didn't know what "repent" meant when she spotted a man with a sign around his neck warning "Repent! The end is near!" But she's plenty sorry now that her mom is facing a $124 traffic ticket for using her cellphone to snap a picture of the man.
- New York urges drivers to watch for deer and moose on roads Updated: Sep-30-15 3:10 am
ALBANY, New York - New York officials are reminding drivers to watch out for wildlife on the roads this fall.
- Google's driverless car drivers ride a career less traveled Updated: Sep-29-15 5:16 pm
MOUNTAIN VIEW, California - After a friend recommended that he join a secret Google project six years ago, Brian Torcellini suddenly found himself on the road to an occupational oxymoron. He became a driver in a driverless car.
- Wisconsin delays work on 5 major road projects Updated: Sep-29-15 3:39 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin transportation officials are pushing back completion dates for five major road projects because the state budget didn't lay out enough money for them.
- I-75 south overnight shutdowns planned in southwest Ohio Updated: Sep-29-15 11:18 am
CINCINNATI - Overnight shutdowns of southbound Interstate 75 near downtown Cincinnati are planned this week for ongoing construction work.
- U. of Hawaii-Manoa looking to raise fees for traffic tickets Updated: Sep-29-15 11:08 am
HONOLULU - University of Hawaii-Manoa students may have to pay more for parking and traffic violations.
- Ohio Turnpike has gone through big changes in its 60 years Updated: Sep-29-15 11:08 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - The Ohio Turnpike turns 60 this week.
- Mount Evans highway scheduled to close Oct. 5 Updated: Sep-29-15 4:19 am
EVERGREEN, Colorado - Those looking to take a scenic drive to the top of Mount Evans should get going, as the highway to the top is slated to close Oct. 5.
- Part of State Route 342 near Gold Hill down for construction Updated: Sep-29-15 4:17 am
VIRGINIA CITY, Nevada - A section of State Route 342 south of Gold Hill will be temporarily closed while a construction project by Comstock Mining Inc. finishes realigning the road.