- 4 more bodies found after Texas flooding Updated: May-29-15 9:44 pm
DALLAS - Authorities said Friday they reclaimed four more bodies from Texas waters, adding to the growing death toll inflicted by record-setting storms that continue to submerge highways and flood homes.
- Hutchinson cites emergency in 5 more counties due to floods Updated: May-29-15 6:26 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Gov. Asa Hutchinson added five counties to an emergency declaration Friday after a helicopter tour of areas hard-hit by floods.
- Latest on flooding: Texan swept away in storm confirmed dead Updated: May-29-15 2:32 pm
1:10 p.m. (CDT)
- Two major roads closed in SW Arkansas due to high water Updated: May-29-15 1:07 pm
OGDEN, Arkansas - Two highways in southwestern Arkansas have been closed because of high water on and near the Red River.
- NC senator, business group opposes Interstate 77 toll lanes Updated: May-29-15 7:07 am
CORNELIUS, North Carolina - There's another effort to side-track plans for toll lanes on Interstate 77 north of Charlotte.
- Police search for suspect in fatal shooting on DC freeway Updated: May-29-15 6:59 am
WASHINGTON - D.C. Police are still searching for the person who shot into a moving SUV on I-295 northbound, killing the driver and injuring a passenger.
- New Jersey closes I-295 lanes for emergency bridge repairs Updated: May-28-15 4:10 pm
HAMILTON, New Jersey - New Jersey Department of Transportation officials say they are immediately closing two lanes on Interstate 295 southbound in Hamilton for emergency bridge repairs.
- New Indiana law requires drivers not speeding to move over Updated: May-28-15 7:54 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Motorists obeying the speed limit in the left lanes of highways soon will be required to move over to allow faster vehicles to pass them or risk a $500 fine under a new Indiana law.
- Notes from Christie-commissioned bridge probe sought Updated: May-28-15 6:56 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - The two former allies of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie under indictment for their alleged roles in the George Washington Bridge lane-closing scandal want access to materials from an investigation that cleared Christie of wrongdoing.
- Multiple commercial vehicles crash, closing I-65 Updated: May-27-15 8:50 pm
ELIZABETHTOWN, Kentucky - Southbound Interstate 65 north of Elizabethtown remains closed at the site of a crash involving multiple commercial vehicles.
- State officials propose new toll on trucks to fix bridges Updated: May-27-15 3:50 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A proposed toll on commercial vehicles would pay for a $700 million revenue bond to repair Rhode Island's deteriorating bridges, state officials announced Wednesday.
- Charleston traffic flowing after Tuesday traffic nightmare Updated: May-27-15 8:10 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Traffic is flowing smoothly across the Ravenel Bridge between Charleston and Mount Pleasant, quite a change from Tuesday when an accident involving a diesel fuel tanker closed the bridge for eight hours, causing gridlock throughout the area.
- Work on St. Louis river bridge to close downtown ramp Updated: May-27-15 5:08 am
ST. LOUIS - Missouri highway officials say a key ramp into downtown St. Louis from the Poplar Street Bridge that spans the Mississippi River soon will be closed for a month.
- W.Va. Turnpike toll transactions up during holiday weekend Updated: May-27-15 3:26 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Toll transactions on the West Virginia Turnpike rose 5 percent during the Memorial Day weekend compared to the same period a year ago.
- Record rainfall, flooding takes toll on Oklahoma roads Updated: May-26-15 6:33 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Record-smashing rainfall and torrential flooding that hammered Oklahoma this month has likely caused millions of dollars' worth of damage to roads and bridges across the state, although official estimates won't be available for weeks.
- Heavy traffic reported near southbound tolls in Maine Updated: May-25-15 4:31 pm
YORK, Maine - The Maine Turnpike Authority says cars and trucks streaming out of the state at the end of a three-day weekend contributed to a southbound traffic jam between York and the New Hampshire border.
- Ohio roadway project to cost nearly 3 times estimated figure Updated: May-25-15 3:13 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's largest single roadway construction project and first public-private partnership for a highway will cost taxpayers nearly three times its announced price tag of $429 million, according to financial documents.
- New Haven span a step closer to completion Updated: May-24-15 3:22 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - The Pearl Harbor Memorial Bridge in New Haven is a step closer to carrying traffic.
- Northern Nebraska pavement project could hamper traffic Updated: May-24-15 5:05 am
PAGE, Nebraska - Work is scheduled to begin this coming week on Page Spur 45A in northern Nebraska's Holt County.
- Crash briefly closes Arizona's main route to Las Vegas Updated: May-22-15 8:56 pm
WICKENBURG, Arizona - Authorities say U.S. 93 near Wickenburg is now reopened after the main route from Phoenix to Las Vegas was closed to due to a crash.
- Portion of Dalton Highway to remain closed until next week Updated: May-22-15 7:51 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - About 80 miles of the Dalton Highway north of the Brooks Range will remain closed until at least next week because of flooding.
- Utah takes steps to boost freeway highway speeds to 80 mph Updated: May-22-15 4:44 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah drivers soon could get where they're going a little faster after officials announced Thursday that they want to create additional 80 mph speed-limit zones on rural freeways.
- State police put 'ghost cars' on patrol to catch bad drivers Updated: May-22-15 7:49 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Motorists on New Jersey highways may see the newest car patrolling the roads. Then again, they may not.
- More Indiana electronic highway signs to show travel times Updated: May-22-15 3:56 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The state highway department has started using four electronic message boards along Indiana interstates to display estimated travel time to upcoming locations.
- Snow, rocks on road delay opening of Beartooth Highway Updated: May-21-15 11:32 pm
CODY, Wyoming - Snow and rocks on the road have forced transportation officials to delay the opening of the Beartooth Highway, which connects Red Lodge and Cooke City, Montana, near the northern entrance to Yellowstone National Park.