- Residents upset after stopped train delays response to fire Updated: Apr-28-16 7:58 am
NEW BOSTON, Michigan - Residents of a southeastern Michigan community are upset after stopped train delayed crews from responding to a fire.
- French rail strike disrupts commuters across the country Updated: Apr-26-16 5:55 am
PARIS - A French rail strike has seriously disrupted train service around the country, canceling a slew of train routes and snarling commutes for hundreds of thousands in Paris and in the provinces.
- Rail strike to disrupt French train traffic on Tuesday Updated: Apr-25-16 12:52 pm
PARIS - France's six rail unions have issued a joint call for a one-day strike that is set to disrupt local and national train traffic, but not international lines.
- Officials: No injuries, no spill when freight train derails Updated: Apr-23-16 3:58 pm
JERSEY CITY, New Jersey - Authorities say no one was injured and nothing was spilled after some freight train cars derailed in New Jersey.
- Firefighters battle brush fires in Wells, Saco Updated: Apr-22-16 6:34 am
WELLS, Maine - Firefighters in southern New Hampshire battled brush fires in Wells and Saco that burned through woods and delayed Amtrak Downeaster trains.
- Legal battle over Catskills tourist train is resolved Updated: Apr-20-16 1:07 am
KINGSTON, New York - A legal battle between the Catskill Mountain Railroad and Ulster County has been resolved.
- Brush fires near tracks halt trains near New York City Updated: Apr-19-16 3:42 pm
SECAUCUS, New Jersey - Amtrak has restored service on its busy Northeast Corridor line between Newark, New Jersey, and New York's Penn Station.
- Northeast Corridor trains subject to up to 2-hour delays Updated: Apr-19-16 11:38 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Trains on the Northeast Corridor between Newark and Trenton are delayed by up to two hours.
- MBTA seeks to penalize Amtrak for weekend service delays Updated: Apr-19-16 9:16 am
BOSTON - Transit authorities are seeking to add language to an agreement that would allow the state to fine Amtrak for future service disruptions along Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority tracks.
- Young woman, dog struck, killed by train in Wadena Updated: Apr-17-16 11:09 am
WADENA, Minnesota - A young woman and a dog are dead after they were struck by a freight train in Wadena.
- No serious injuries after helicopter crashes near Baltimore Updated: Apr-16-16 7:13 pm
BALTIMORE - No one was seriously injured after a helicopter carrying workers who were inspecting power lines crashed near Baltimore's airport Saturday, authorities said.
- Metro-North train kills pedestrian, rail service delayed Updated: Apr-15-16 5:00 pm
STRATFORD, Connecticut - A Metro-North train struck and killed a 46-year-old man near the Stratford station in Connecticut, forcing officials to suspend service for about an hour. Continuing delays are reported.
- Metro-North train with no passengers derails in New Canaan Updated: Apr-15-16 6:48 am
NEW CANAAN, Connecticut - Officials say no injuries were reported after a Metro-North Railroad train carrying no passengers derailed in New Canaan and caused delays for up to an hour.
- Activists disrupt light-rail traffic to Twins' home opener Updated: Apr-11-16 5:58 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Police have arrested about two-dozen demonstrators for blocking light-rail trains leading to Target Field for the Minnesota Twins' home opener.
- Cars of freight train derail in Saginaw County; no injuries Updated: Apr-07-16 6:00 pm
CARROLLTON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities say some cars of a freight train went off the tracks in Saginaw County, smashing into a power pole.
- New Sioux City viaduct will close railroad street crossing Updated: Apr-05-16 4:19 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Sioux City officials say a proposed $20.7 million viaduct to prevent railroad delays in the Hoeven Valley will close at least one train crossing to through traffic.
- The Latest: NTSB: Train going 106 mph in 110 mph zone Updated: Apr-04-16 6:02 pm
CHESTER, Pennsylvania - The Latest on Sunday's derailment of an Amtrak train outside Philadelphia (all times local):
- Md., Va. commuter trains delayed out of Union Station Updated: Apr-01-16 5:44 pm
WASHINGTON - Commuter trains to Maryland and Virginia are being delayed because of switching problems at Washington Union Station.