- Migrants disrupt train traffic between France and England Updated: Oct-03-15 8:45 am
PARIS - Rail travelers between Britain and France have been warned of delays of up to three hours after a large group of migrants got on to tracks overnight in the French port city of Calais.
- The Latest: Hungary to close reception center in Debrecen Updated: Oct-02-15 11:43 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - The latest developments in the hundreds of thousands of refugees and other migrants passing through Europe on their way west. All times local.
- A look at the worst bottlenecks on the Northeast Corridor Updated: Sep-29-15 4:48 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - As state and federal officials look for an estimated $15 billion for a new train tunnel between New York and New Jersey, passengers along the rail line known as the Northeast Corridor contend with regular disruptions caused by track configurations and infrastructure dating to the time of the Model T - or earlier.
- Rail maintenance project delayed on weak crude oil demand Updated: Sep-27-15 1:22 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - The weak demand for crude oil and ethanol has delayed construction of a proposed $30.9 million rail car maintenance facility in northwest Iowa.
- Final approval of oil train settlement is delayed Updated: Sep-24-15 6:08 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Final confirmation of a $338 million settlement for victims of an oil train derailment that claimed 47 lives in Quebec was delayed Thursday to give the lone party that opposes the plan additional time to reach an agreement on terms to join the settlement or withdraw its objection.
- Evening delays on LIRR following derailment at train yard Updated: Sep-23-15 5:48 pm
NEW YORK - The Long Island Rail Road says riders should expect delays and cancellations during this evening's commute following a train derailment at a rail yard in Manhattan.
- Trains to and from New York running on or close to schedule Updated: Sep-17-15 9:51 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - New Jersey Transit says trains into and out of New York are running on or close to schedule with residual delays following an earlier Amtrak power problem.
- Some delays seen after freight train derails on Long Island Updated: Sep-15-15 3:04 pm
MINEOLA, New York - The Long Island Rail Road is advising passengers of possible delays and cancellations on two lines following a freight train derailment near Hicksville.
- Train kills person on tracks, disrupting service near Philly Updated: Sep-14-15 10:35 am
PROSPECT PARK, Pennsylvania - Rail service has been restored after an Amtrak train struck and killed a person on the tracks outside Philadelphia.
- Amtrak service between Baltimore, Wilmington resumes Updated: Sep-11-15 5:43 pm
BALTIMORE - Amtrak says trains service between Baltimore and Wilmington, Delaware, has resumed after a pedestrian was hit by a train north of Baltimore.
- Disabled train caused delays on North Jersey Coast Line Updated: Sep-11-15 7:38 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - New Jersey Transit's North Jersey Coast Line trains are back on track after a disabled train caused delays.
- Minor subway derailment in Brooklyn causes delays on G line Updated: Sep-11-15 12:29 am
NEW YORK - There's been a minor subway derailment in downtown Brooklyn, causing delays in both directions on the G line.
- Freight railroads may halt service unless Congress acts Updated: Sep-10-15 3:42 pm
WASHINGTON - Widespread disruptions of freight and passenger rail traffic are likely if Congress doesn't extend a deadline to start using certain safety technology before the end of the year, railroads are warning.
- Man trespassing on train tracks is killed in Connecticut Updated: Sep-09-15 2:02 pm
WESTPORT, Connecticut - Transit police are investigating the death of a man who had been trespassing on train tracks in Connecticut.
- 16-car train derails on CSX rail line in eastern Indiana Updated: Sep-03-15 8:40 am
PARKER CITY, Indiana - Eastern Indiana officials say a 16-car train that derailed near a high school closed a county road for several hours.