- Coal railroad plans on hold due to mine permitting delays Updated: Nov-25-15 7:17 pm
HELENA, Montana - Plans to build a $400 million railroad to haul coal from a proposed mine on the Montana-Wyoming border were put on indefinite hold Wednesday because of delays in obtaining a mining permit and a weakening coal market, officials said.
- Pittsburgh Amtrak service delayed by derailed freight cars Updated: Nov-25-15 2:32 pm
LEWISTOWN, Pennsylvania - Amtrak service to and from Pittsburgh is being delayed by a small freight car derailment in central Pennsylvania.
- Union Pacific closing railroad repair yard in Denver Updated: Nov-19-15 2:05 pm
DENVER - Union Pacific plans to close a repair facility in Denver and shift more than 200 jobs elsewhere because of the sharp decline in coal demand.
- The Latest on Texas storms: Body found; death toll at 6 Updated: Oct-31-15 5:28 pm
HOUSTON - The latest on the strong storms buffeting Texas for a second day, causing flooding and possible tornadoes (all times local):
- PATH service resumes after broken rail troubles Updated: Oct-30-15 9:31 am
HOBOKEN, New Jersey - PATH trains are back on track after a broken rail in Hoboken suspended service.
- Bill delays train safety technology mandate 3 to 5 years Updated: Oct-27-15 4:08 pm
WASHINGTON - The House passed a bill Tuesday that delays for three to five years the mandate for railroads to put long-sought safety technology in place.