- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead Updated: Mar-12-14 1:05 pm
- Fatal accident results in delays on 3 LIRR lines Updated: Mar-11-14 11:15 am
- Western Md. Rail Trail sections closed for repairs Updated: Mar-10-14 4:10 pm
- Amtrak Empire Builder to resume normal operations Updated: Feb-28-14 5:35 pm
- NJ Transit service between NJ, NYC suspended Updated: Feb-28-14 1:46 pm
- Freight derailment causing NJ Transit delays Updated: Feb-26-14 7:22 am
- Conn. rail conductor apologizes for mix-up Updated: Feb-24-14 1:05 pm
- Amtrak cancels passenger service through Carolinas Updated: Feb-12-14 4:05 am
- BNSF to add trains, crews to address ND delays Updated: Feb-11-14 8:31 pm
NEW YORK - A thunderous explosion that may have been caused by a gas leak flattened two East Harlem apartment buildings Wednesday, killing at least two people, injuring 18 and leaving an undisclosed number missing.
SYOSSET, New York - Authorities say service was delayed on three Long Island Rail Road branches after a man was fatally struck by a train.
BIG POOL, Maryland - The Maryland Department of Natural Resources says portions of the Western Maryland Rail Trail will be closed for scheduled maintenance through March 27.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Amtrak is expected to resume normal operations through Grand Forks, Devils Lake and Rugby in North Dakota this week.
NEWARK, New Jersey - New Jersey Transit service between New York City and Newark has been suspended because Amtrak's Portal Bridge is stuck in the open position.
RAHWAY, New Jersey - A derailed freight train is causing delays on commuter trains in New Jersey.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A conductor on the nation's second-busiest commuter railroad apologized Monday to riders in Connecticut for an express train that failed to show up, delaying their trip into New York City.
WASHINGTON - A winter storm expected to have a major impact is putting the brakes on passenger rail service through North Carolina and South Carolina.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - BNSF Railway Co. has promised to add more locomotives and crews in an effort to address delays in Amtrak service and agricultural product shipping in North Dakota, the state's congressional delegation said Tuesday.