- Train trestle fire near New Orleans doused, Amtrak route cut Updated: Feb-13-16 7:38 pm
NORCO, Louisiana - Firefighters Saturday used helicopters and airboats to douse a blaze on a train trestle west of New Orleans, but some Amtrak and freight service remain disrupted.
- The Latest: Rail bridge fire out, Amtrak service disrupted Updated: Feb-13-16 7:37 pm
NORCO, Louisiana - The Latest on a railroad trestle fire west of New Orleans (all times local):
- Restricted tunnel access causing LIRR delays, cancellations Updated: Feb-12-16 7:13 pm
NEW YORK - The Long Island Rail Road is experiencing delays and cancellations because of reduced access to the East River tunnels.
- Tunnel repairs causing delays for rail commuter Updated: Feb-12-16 2:50 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Rail commuters in New York and New Jersey can expect delays for a second consecutive day.
- Rail bridge fixed, but delays persist for NJ Transit trains Updated: Feb-11-16 5:27 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Evening commuters on Amtrak and New Jersey Transit are facing delays after an earlier problem at the Portal Bridge in Hackensack.
- NY road reopened after truck-damaged rail bridge is repaired Updated: Feb-09-16 3:33 pm
BALLSTON, New York - A railroad bridge damaged by a garbage truck has been repaired, allowing a section of a busy Saratoga County road to reopen.
- Spain: Trash fire causes rail commuter chaos in Barcelona Updated: Feb-09-16 7:16 am
MADRID - Tens of thousands of commuters in the Spanish city of Barcelona suffered travel chaos Tuesday as smoke from a fire filled railway tunnels and forced authorities to suspend train service for several hours.
- Disabled NJ Transit train caused delays Updated: Feb-05-16 8:20 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - A disabled New Jersey Transit train caused delays in and out of New York City.
- SEPTA train hits disabled taxi, rail service disrupted Updated: Feb-03-16 7:01 am
CONSHOHOCKEN, Pennsylvania - Rail commuters are facing delays after a Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority train hit a disabled taxi in Conshohocken.
- Amtrak engineer recalls opening throttle before fatal crash Updated: Feb-01-16 11:32 pm
WASHINGTON - The last thing Amtrak engineer Brandon Bostian remembers before last May's fatal crash in Philadelphia is pushing the throttle forward to pick up speed and then braking when he felt the train going too fast into a sharp curve, according to a transcript of his interview with federal accident investigators.
- UAE rail developer suspends bidding process for extension Updated: Jan-26-16 7:53 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The government-backed developer of the United Arab Emirates' railway network says it has halted progress on the second stage of the project.
- Cold snap hits east Asia, blamed for more than 65 deaths Updated: Jan-25-16 8:44 am
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Unusually cold weather in eastern Asia has been blamed for more than 65 deaths, disrupted transportation and brought the first snow to a subtropical city in southern China in almost 50 years. Here is a look at the worst cold weather to hit the region in years:
- Suburban NYC railroads: Delays possible during snowstorm Updated: Jan-21-16 11:53 am
NEW YORK - The Metropolitan Transportation Authority says Metro-North and the Long Island Rail Road may modify or suspend service if heavy snow, ice or winds are affecting the New York City area.
- Officials: Man hit by Long Island train, service restored Updated: Jan-18-16 6:57 am
GLEN COVE, New York - Officials say service has been restored at a Long Island Rail Road branch after a person was hit by a train.
- Blizzards, high winds batter Eastern Europe, cause havoc Updated: Jan-17-16 11:57 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Blizzards battered parts of Eastern Europe on Sunday, forcing roads to close, trains and flights to be canceled and producing power outages.
- Former Rail Fest event moving to central Nebraska festival Updated: Jan-16-16 4:38 pm
NORTH PLATTE, Nebraska - A month after the announcement that Rail Fest 2016 has been canceled, a little piece of the popular event has found its way into the lineup at NEBRASKAland Days, held every year in North Platte.