- NJ backs Pinelands pipe plan for air benefits Updated: Dec-13-13 1:22 pm
- Jaguars release veteran DE Jeremy Mincey Updated: Dec-13-13 12:17 pm
- Bighorn reintroduction planned for Madison Range Updated: Dec-13-13 6:13 am
- Mich. DNR recommends $239,900 for Marysville beach Updated: Dec-13-13 4:13 am
- Okla. conservation districts concerned over fees Updated: Dec-13-13 3:16 am
- Governors prepared to do more to fight wildfires Updated: Dec-12-13 8:27 pm
- NJ lawmakers advance open space funding proposals Updated: Dec-12-13 8:19 pm
- Grizzly panel says Yellowstone bears recovered Updated: Dec-12-13 5:56 pm
- APNewsBreak: Western governors show wildlife maps Updated: Dec-12-13 4:53 pm
- Animal care questioned at National Zoo amid cuts Updated: Dec-12-13 1:06 pm
- Easement preserves 555 acres in Randolph County Updated: Dec-12-13 7:02 am
- Horse foal dies at National Zoo facility in Va. Updated: Dec-12-13 6:35 am
- Judge rejects plan for Vegas to draw rural water Updated: Dec-11-13 7:53 pm
- Excerpts from recent North Dakota editorials Updated: Dec-11-13 2:41 pm
- Agency says Colorado plans for grouse fall short Updated: Dec-11-13 9:59 am
- Buffalo Zoo sends toad tadpoles to Puerto Rico Updated: Dec-11-13 3:06 am
- NY agency to decide on new Adirondack land access Updated: Dec-11-13 3:06 am
- Oregon board OKs controversial forestland sale Updated: Dec-10-13 7:50 pm
- DEP ordered to assist mining inspection near Blair Updated: Dec-10-13 3:54 pm
- Easement to protect historic property in Albemarle Updated: Dec-10-13 9:44 am
- W.Va. farmers sought for conservation program Updated: Dec-10-13 2:53 am
- $24.7B water plan unveiled by Calif. officials Updated: Dec-09-13 7:30 pm
- Nebraska conservation program open for enrollment Updated: Dec-09-13 5:07 am
- Frustrated India investors cheer opposition gains Updated: Dec-09-13 3:32 am
- Feds OK wildlife plan for W.Va. wind farm Updated: Dec-08-13 4:58 pm
PEMBERTON TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - New Jersey environmental officials spoke out Friday in favor of a proposed pipeline plan through the Pinelands, saying it would drastically reduce air pollution in the region by enabling an old coal-burning power plant to use cleaner natural gas.
BILLINGS, Montana - Montana wildlife officials say they will reintroduce up to 50 bighorn sheep this winter in an area of the Madison Range southeast of Cameron.
MARYSVILLE, Michigan - Chrysler Beach could get a facelift thanks to a grant from the state Department of Natural Resources.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma conservation districts are expressing concern over federal fees for basic conservation assistance for farmers and ranchers that are being proposed in the federal budget agreement.
LAS VEGAS - Governors from several Western states told federal officials on Thursday they are prepared to take on more responsibility for fighting wildfires.
TRENTON, New Jersey - The stalemate over how to fund future open space purchases continued Thursday, with legislative committees in the Senate and Assembly advancing competing proposals.
BILLINGS, Montana - Wildlife officials in the northern Rockies say it's time to lift Endangered Species Act protections for hundreds of grizzly bears in and around Yellowstone National Park, a move some environmental groups opposed Thursday as premature.
RENO, Nevada - Governors in 16 states unveiled a high-tech wildlife habitat mapping project Thursday that they hope will encourage economic development across the West while protecting the region's environmental treasures - an ambitious effort that's winning praise from conservationists and the energy industry.
WASHINGTON - The Smithsonian's National Zoo has found serious problems with its animal care and management of various creatures kept in the Cheetah Conservation Station over the past year, and the zoo's director said Thursday that he is looking at changes to the operation amid budget cuts.
ELKINS, West Virginia - The Nature Conservancy says a "land bridge" between two wildlife habitats in Randolph County will be protected from development.
FRONT ROYAL, Virginia - The National Zoo says a Przewalski's (sheh-VAL-skee's) horse foal has died at its Conservation Biology Institute.
LAS VEGAS - A Nevada judge has rejected crucial state approval needed for Las Vegas to draw water from rural valleys straddling the Nevada-Utah state line and pipe it south to slake the thirst of Sin City residents and tourists.
Williston Herald, Williston, Dec. 7, 2013
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - The agency that will decide whether the greater sage-grouse receives protection under the Endangered Species Act says a Bureau of Land Management proposal for protecting them in northwest Colorado falls short.
BUFFALO, New York - The Buffalo Zoo has sent hundreds of toad tadpoles to Puerto Rico.
RAY BROOK, New York - The Adirondack Park Agency has expanded its monthly meeting to three days rather than the usual two this month, to make time for discussion of land-use plans for new Forest Preserve tracts in the central Adirondacks.
SALEM, Oregon - Top state officials on Tuesday agreed to move forward with the sale of scattered tracts of the Elliott State Forest, despite objections from conservation groups that they include nesting trees for a protected bird.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection has been ordered to work with coalfield citizens to reschedule an inspection of strip mining taking place near historic Blair Mountain in Logan County.
CHARLOTTSVILLE, Virginia - The Piedmont Environmental Council says more than 500 acres of a historic property in Albemarle County will be protected from development.
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - West Virginia farmers and ranchers are being invited to apply for the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Natural Resources Conservation Service's Conservation Stewardship Program.
SAN FRANCISCO - California water officials on Monday released a draft of a $24.7 billion plan to restore the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta, in part by building two 30-mile underground tunnels to ensure stable water delivery to millions of Californians.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska landowners and operators have until Jan. 17 to sign up for a federal conservation program.
MUMBAI, India - Sweeping wins for India's pro-business opposition party in state elections are being welcomed by investors as a sign that national polls next year will deliver a government capable of tackling the malaise in Asia's third-largest economy.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Federal authorities have approved Beech Ridge Energy's plan to minimize the impact of its southern West Virginia wind farm on endangered bats and other wildlife.