- Students safe after fire at St. Lawrence Seminary Updated: Mar-08-14 1:32 pm
- 2013-14 AP NE Inland All-District boys, girls Updated: Mar-05-14 6:36 pm
- Orthodox seminary in Turkey awaiting reopening Updated: Mar-05-14 11:35 am
- Ultra-Orthodox rally in Israel against draft bill Updated: Mar-02-14 1:25 pm
- Ala. churches come back from tornado devastation Updated: Mar-01-14 2:01 pm
- Mormon church pushes back on planet misconceptions Updated: Feb-27-14 7:05 pm
- New wing dedicated at DC seminary Updated: Feb-15-14 11:46 am
- Mich. college offers course in zombies, apocalypse Updated: Feb-10-14 11:58 am
- Methodists in crisis over gay marriage, church law Updated: Feb-09-14 12:43 pm
MOUNT CALVARY, Wisconsin - The nearly 200 students at St. Lawrence Seminary are safe after a five-alarm fire broke out at a building on the boarding school's eastern Wisconsin campus early Saturday.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The 2014 Associated Press Northeast Inland All-District boys and girls high school basketball teams, as selected by a media panel from the district:
ISTANBUL - Although shut down for more than four decades, one of the Orthodox Church's most pre-eminent seminaries is kept in pristine condition in the hope that it may reopen one day to educate future patriarchs and clergy.
JERUSALEM - Hundreds of thousands of ultra-Orthodox Jews rallied Sunday in the streets of Jerusalem, blocking roads and paralyzing the city in a massive show of force against plans to require them to serve in the Israeli military.
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Two Alberta churches that were destroyed by the tornado that decimated that section of the city on April 27, 2011, have reopened their doors after being displaced for nearly three years.
SALT LAKE CITY - The Mormon Church is pushing back against the notion that members of the faith are taught they'll get their own planet in the afterlife, a misconception popularized in pop culture most recently by the Broadway show "The Book of Mormon."
WASHINGTON - Young men training to become Catholic priests in Washington have some new classroom space and other facilities.
MOUNT PLEASANT, Michigan - Some Central Michigan University students are getting schooled in the undead this semester, thanks to a religion course that's exploring apocalyptic themes in biblical texts, literature and pop culture.
NEW YORK - The dispute among United Methodists over recognition of same-sex couples has lapsed into a doctrinal donnybrook, pitting clergy who are presiding at gay weddings in defiance of church law against proponents of traditional marriage who are trying to stop them.