- Called to religious life, but not a priestly one Updated: Aug-30-15 12:10 pm
SCRANTON, Pennsylvania - John Baldino heard the calling to religious life. It just took time to recognize where it beckoned.
- Ministers: Second calling sometimes leads to clergy career Updated: Aug-30-15 9:40 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - One of the Rev. Jay Anderson's most vivid childhood memories involves lining up his stuffed animals on the family couch before tipping an ottoman on its side as a makeshift altar and preaching to the fluffy faithful.
- Kansas Wesleyan, seminary announce joint ministry program Updated: Aug-26-15 7:41 am
SALINA, Kansas - Kansas Wesleyan University and the Saint Paul School of Theology are planning a degree program that will reduce the number of years students will need to earn a divinity degree.
- NYC to probe secular education at Jewish schools Updated: Aug-23-15 7:44 pm
NEW YORK - There was no science, no geography and no math past multiplication at the ultra-Orthodox Jewish school Chaim Weber attended. And the only reason he ever heard of the American Revolution was when a seventh-grade teacher introduced it as "story time."
- Rancher combines love of buffalo, Scripture for business Updated: Aug-08-15 11:31 am
WINCHESTER, Kentucky - At Blackfish Bison Ranch visitors center, manager Brandeon Hampton is about 25 minutes into the educational portion of the tour, and some members of the audience - those in the 3-7 age group - are getting a bit fidgety.
- 50-year-old Idaho monastery attracts youth, not commitment Updated: Aug-03-15 4:14 pm
JEROME, Idaho - After a spoonful of beef barley soup, Taylor Schilly tilted her head and asked a question that was nearly swallowed up by conversations from nearby tables.