- Court: Religious jobs exempt from some labor laws Updated: Apr-17-14 3:31 pm
- Nashville pastor leads touring musicians' ministry Updated: Apr-05-14 2:19 pm
- Mormon Studies minor in the works at U of Utah Updated: Apr-01-14 6:31 am
- Correction: Baptist College-Gay Student story Updated: Mar-24-14 6:04 pm
- Philly seminary to sell off Eakins paintings, art Updated: Mar-22-14 8:29 pm
- Va. historic marker to recognize divinity school Updated: Mar-20-14 2:34 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Religious institutions in Kentucky may hire and fire people from strictly ecclesiastical jobs as they see fit, but could face legal action if an employment contract is involved, the Kentucky Supreme Court rules Thursday.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The terrible news came raining in, one blow after another - this friend getting divorced, that one on drugs, a third self-destructing in an uncharacteristic string of bad choices.
SALT LAKE CITY - Students at the University of Utah may soon be able to earn a minor in Mormon Studies for the first time.
ST. LOUIS - In a story March 20 about a Hannibal-LaGrange University student who said he was denied readmission to the northern Missouri Baptist school after publicly disclosing that he is gay, The Associated Press reported erroneously the location of Bob Jones University. The school is in Greenville, South Carolina, not Virginia.
PHILADELPHIA - The Archdiocese of Philadelphia plans to sell part of the art collection at its St. Charles Borromeo Seminary, including five portraits by artist Thomas Eakins.
PETERSBURG, Virginia - A Petersburg school that prepared black men for the ministry is being recognized with a Virginia historical marker.