- Farmers urged to prep for possible aphid attack Updated: Mar-07-14 6:59 am
- SD lawmakers begin look at development programs Updated: Mar-07-14 5:28 am
- Other states join Missouri's challenge of egg law Updated: Mar-06-14 7:40 pm
- Ala. joins agricultural lawsuit against California Updated: Mar-06-14 5:45 pm
- Lehigh Valley Dairy announces orange juice recall Updated: Mar-06-14 5:43 pm
- Senate OKs keeping e-cigarettes away from minors Updated: Mar-06-14 5:29 pm
- Mayor offers cash to push state on visitors center Updated: Mar-06-14 1:58 pm
- Va. ag, forestry exports hit record $2.85b in 2013 Updated: Mar-06-14 12:37 pm
- Small herds, record exports cause high beef prices Updated: Mar-06-14 11:53 am
- Deadline approaching for W.Va. farm lease program Updated: Mar-06-14 3:14 am
- Landowners file lawsuit over Missouri River floods Updated: Mar-05-14 6:11 pm
- Big Island farmer sues over GMO registration rule Updated: Mar-05-14 2:34 pm
- Chobani expanding plant in south-central Idaho Updated: Mar-05-14 1:02 pm
- Ice cream flavor recalled from some Aldi stores Updated: Mar-05-14 11:32 am
- Officials say cheese plant sludge reaches stream Updated: Mar-05-14 5:05 am
- Labor Dept. contests decision to toss settlements Updated: Mar-05-14 1:26 am
- President's budget proposes horse slaughter ban Updated: Mar-04-14 5:42 pm
- Go For the Food: Portland food carts cross borders Updated: Mar-04-14 5:30 pm
- Record wine grape harvest in 2013 in Washington Updated: Mar-04-14 12:53 pm
- 2 plead not guilty to abusing cows Updated: Mar-04-14 12:39 pm
- NY man recovering after being gored by farm bison Updated: Mar-04-14 11:18 am
- Agriculture industry members optimistic on outlook Updated: Mar-04-14 10:38 am
- Deaths of 25 sheep probed after California storm Updated: Mar-04-14 9:57 am
- Report: Most Kansas winter wheat crop faring well Updated: Mar-04-14 5:19 am
- Rights group: Thai fishing sector abuses migrants Updated: Mar-04-14 5:16 am
WINNSBORO, Louisiana - LSU AgCenter scientists are warning Louisiana farmers about a new pest infiltrating sorghum crops, and urging them to be on the lookout.
PIERRE, South Dakota - A South Dakota legislative panel is holding its first hearing on the state's economic development agency and its involvement in issues related to a failed beef packing plant.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Five other states on Thursday joined Missouri's effort to strike down a California law barring the sale of eggs produced by hens kept it cages that don't meet size and space requirements.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Attorney General Luther Strange announced Thursday that the state has joined a lawsuit to block California from imposing some of its own agricultural standards on out-of-state producers.
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania - Lehigh Valley Dairy is voluntarily recalling orange juice because it may contain milk, a common allergen.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Kentucky Senate has passed a bill that would ban the sale of electronic cigarettes to minors.
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - The mayor of the Fairbanks North Star Borough wants the state deliver on a promise to build a visitors center at a new fish hatchery in Fairbanks and he's offering an incentive to see it built.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia farm and forestry exports reached a record $2.85 billion last year, with soybeans leading the way and China the prime destination.
LA CROSSE, Wisconsin - The average price for a pound of fresh beef is the highest in at least 27 years, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A deadline is creeping up for growers interested in leasing prime farmland on West Virginia Department of Agriculture property at the Lakin State Farm in Mason County.
OMAHA, Nebraska - A group of farmers and business owners sued the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers on Wednesday, saying the agency's decisions since 2006 have contributed to major flooding in five states.
HILO, Hawaii - A Big Island papaya farmer is suing for relief from new registration requirements for growers of genetically modified crops.
TWIN FALLS, Idaho - Twin Falls officials in south-central Idaho have approved a $3.5 million expansion of a Greek yogurt plant operated by Chobani.
LUDINGTON, Michigan - A northern Michigan ice cream maker is recalling a flavor that's sold at many Aldi stores and may contain nuts.
HULL, Iowa - The state Department of Natural Resources says sludge from a northwest Iowa cheese processing plant overflowed from a storage tank and flowed into a nearby stream.
SALEM, Oregon - The U.S. Labor Department is contesting a federal magistrate judge's decision to overturn so-called "hot goods" settlements between Oregon farmers and the labor agency.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Animal protection advocates applauded President Barack Obama on Tuesday for proposing to continue a federal funding ban that's blocking the resumption of commercial horse slaughter in the U.S.
PORTLAND, Oregon - The many accolades earned by chefs in this city are rooted in what the land offers. They succeed by adaptation to their environment.
KENNEWICK, Washington - A record 210,000 tons of wine grapes were harvested last year in Washington, a rise of 12 percent from the previous year's record harvest, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Two of the four people charged with mistreating cows while working at a Brown County dairy farm have pleaded not guilty to charges.
RICHMONDVILLE, New York - Authorities say a man who was gored by a bison at the Grumpy Buffalo Farm has been released from an Albany hospital.
EAST LANSING, Michigan - A newly released survey of Michigan farmers and food processors has found that they're optimistic about the future of the agricultural industry.
SAN LUIS OBISPO, California - The San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's Department is investigating after a pair of hikers reported finding about two dozen dead and dying sheep near Nacimiento Lake.
WICHITA, Kansas - The latest government snapshot of the Kansas winter wheat crop shows a mixed outlook after a month of cold, snowy weather.
BANGKOK - An environmental and human rights group charged Tuesday that Thailand is not adequately addressing severe abuse against Myanmar migrant workers in the Thai fishing industry.