- Excerpts from recent Wisconsin editorials Updated: Dec-04-13 3:08 pm
- Slaughter vacates Port Allen mayor's office Updated: Nov-26-13 9:17 am
- 69 ballots thrown out in recall election Updated: Nov-19-13 10:23 am
- Recall of Port Allen mayor on Saturday's ballot Updated: Nov-15-13 9:01 am
- Republicans pass photo ID, recall changes Updated: Nov-14-13 10:37 pm
- CA councilwoman has mixed election night results Updated: Nov-06-13 12:22 pm
Appleton Post-Crescent, Nov. 29
PORT ALLEN, Louisiana - Demetric Slaughter chose not to challenge the results of a recall election that ordered her out of the Port Allen mayor's office on Monday.
PORT ALLEN, Louisiana - Election officials say 69 of the 190 mail-in and early-voting ballots submitted for the recall election of Mayor Demetric Slaughter were thrown out and never counted.
PORT ALLEN, Louisiana - Nearly a year of infighting between city leaders and controversial decisions by Mayor Demetric Slaughter will come to a head Saturday as voters go to the polls to decide whether Slaughter should be removed from office.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Assembly Republicans used the final regular session day of the year Thursday to push their proposals that would make it more difficult to remove public officials from office, require photo identification at the polls and limit hours of in-person absentee voting.
SAN BERNARDINO, California - Voters in San Bernardino have decided that Councilwoman Wendy McCammack should be booted from her council seat, but she earned enough votes to be in a runoff election to be the city's next mayor.