- Complete statewide Pa. school grade data released Updated: Dec-12-13 1:26 pm
- Law helps ensure equal access for school transfers Updated: Dec-12-13 10:34 am
- Tangipahoa board reject charter school application Updated: Dec-12-13 9:23 am
- Pa. school board nixes new job it had created Updated: Dec-12-13 6:34 am
- Head of Va ed board concluding statewide tour Updated: Dec-12-13 2:34 am
- Nixon wants $36.7M more for Mo. higher education Updated: Dec-11-13 6:49 pm
- Resolution seeks adjustment to funding formula Updated: Dec-11-13 1:54 pm
- Luna names new head of IDOE professional standards Updated: Dec-10-13 8:01 pm
- Iowa judge OKs lawsuit settlement on school leader Updated: Dec-10-13 7:41 pm
- Wis. superintendent comments on standards released Updated: Dec-10-13 4:25 pm
- SC lawmaker proposes teacher evaluation plan Updated: Dec-10-13 4:14 pm
- La. colleges grappling with cash-flow concerns Updated: Dec-10-13 3:59 pm
- ND school principal who resigned won't be charged Updated: Dec-10-13 9:04 am
- Man denies falsifying Iowa school bus records Updated: Dec-10-13 8:14 am
- Iberville school board adopts redistricting plan Updated: Dec-10-13 7:14 am
- Chamberlain school board votes against honor song Updated: Dec-10-13 6:56 am
- Ohio state school board member who lobbied resigns Updated: Dec-09-13 7:36 pm
- SE Kan. superintendent criticizes reading program Updated: Dec-09-13 1:11 pm
- Wis. district to admit more international students Updated: Dec-09-13 10:59 am
- Finding a home is next step for proposed school Updated: Dec-08-13 5:57 pm
- No apparent end to Pence, Ritz communication woes Updated: Dec-08-13 2:11 pm
- Meeting set on search for new schools chief Updated: Dec-08-13 9:05 am
- Report criticizes troubled Minn. charter school Updated: Dec-07-13 7:23 pm
- Board extends contract of Terrebonne schools chief Updated: Dec-07-13 10:38 am
- Portable classrooms are multiplying in DC area Updated: Dec-07-13 9:20 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania school officials gave mixed reviews of their grades under a new system that state officials say will help parents, administrators and the public to assess and improve student achievement.
KOKOMO, Indiana - Eastern Howard County School Corp. Superintendent Tracy Caddell is tired of the phrase "cherry picking."
AMITE, Louisiana - The Tangipahoa Parish School board rejected an application for a charter school in the parish, its third such rejection in a week.
PITTSBURGH - The job of assistant to the superintendent in a suburban Pittsburgh school district no longer exists after the school board voted unanimously to eliminate it at the behest of angry residents.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The head of the Virginia Board of Education is concluding his statewide listening tour with stops in central Virginia.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Gov. Jay Nixon called Wednesday for another tuition freeze at Missouri's public universities while also proposing to boost state funding for the schools.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Metro Nashville school district wants Gov. Bill Haslam and state lawmakers to adjust the state's school funding formula to adequately fund districts statewide.
BOISE, Idaho - The Department of Education has a new director of certification and professional standards.
DES MOINES, Iowa - A judge has finalized the settlement of a lawsuit challenging a closed-door meeting last year regarding a former Des Moines superintendent.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Responses from nearly 100 school superintendents across Wisconsin with their feelings about the Common Core academic standards have been released by a legislative committee.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A South Carolina Republican lawmaker who may run for public schools chief is introducing his own plan for performance-based pay, even as dozens of schools are already testing Superintendent Mick Zais' proposal for evaluating educators.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's higher education leaders are trying to work out a financing deal with Gov. Bobby Jindal's administration to keep the state's public colleges from running low on state cash to operate their campuses.
OAKES, North Dakota - A prosecutor has decided against filing any charges against the high school principal and athletic director in the southeastern North Dakota town of Oakes.
HOLSTEIN, Iowa - A March trial has been scheduled for a former transportation director of a northwest Iowa school district accused of falsifying repair records on school buses.
PLAQUEMINE, Louisiana - The Iberville Parish School Board has adopted a new redistricting plan that will drastically reduce the 15-member body down to nine members heading into the 2014 School Board elections.
CHAMBERLAIN, South Dakota - The Chamberlain School Board again rejected a request Monday night to include a traditional Lakota honor song in the high school graduation ceremony.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A member of Ohio's state school board resigned Monday after questions arose over his work as a lobbyist. He cited an ethics opinion suggesting the arrangement was illegal.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A plan by Gov. Sam Brownback to divert $12 million in welfare funds to a program aimed at raising fourth-grade reading scores in southeast Kansas doesn't sit well with one school superintendent.
JANESVILLE, Wisconsin - School board members in Janesville are looking at rules to govern an expanded foreign exchange program that could enroll about 150 students.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - With school board approval, a new charter school devoted to using Southcentral Alaska as a laboratory to teach middle-schoolers through outdoor expeditions is one step closer to opening its doors.
INDIANAPOLIS - Welcome to Indiana's own "Cold War," a tit-for-tat fight over education more akin to something out of Dr. Seuss' "The Butter Battle Book" than high-brow statesmanship.
SUMMIT, Mississippi - The North Pike School District will hold a meeting for parents Thursday to gather input in its search for a new superintendent of schools.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A recently released report faults the superintendent of a St. Paul charter school for failing to put improvements in place following an investigation that revealed fraudulent handling of a federal meal program.
HOUMA, Louisiana - The Terrebonne Parish School Board will extend the contract of Schools Superintendent Philip Martin until 2016.
ROCKVILLE, Maryland - Ten portable classrooms spread across the playground and grassy fields at Lucy V. Barnsley Elementary School, a sign of ever-increasing crowded schools. The Rockville campus has more students than it has capacity, so every fourth-grader spends most of the day in a trailer.