- VP at South Dakota State named president at Nebraska college Updated: May-06-15 5:07 pm
BROOKINGS, South Dakota - The longtime vice president for student affairs at South Dakota State University has been named as the next president of Wayne State College in Nebraska.
- Caulfield named new chancellor of UAS Updated: May-06-15 1:16 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Rick Caulfield (CAW'-field) has been chosen to be the next chancellor of the University of Alaska Southeast.
- University of Maine at Fort Kent to have leader by summer Updated: May-06-15 11:28 am
FORT KENT, Maine - The chancellor of the University of Maine system plans to announce the appointment of an interim president for the system's Fort Kent campus in early summer.
- 4 applications received for Baker schools superintendent Updated: May-06-15 10:40 am
BAKER, Louisiana - With a few days still remaining until the application deadline, the Baker School Board has received four applications for superintendent of schools.
- Group names Albemarle schools chief superintendent of year Updated: May-06-15 10:16 am
ROANOKE, Virginia - Albemarle County schools chief Pamela R. Moran has been named Virginia's superintendent of the year.
- Pa. school candidate loses GOP support over offensive posts Updated: May-06-15 8:07 am
NORRISTOWN, Pennsylvania - A suburban Philadelphia school board candidate has lost a party endorsement after racist and anti-Semitic posts appeared under his name on social media.
- Emporia State names Vietti as interim president Updated: May-06-15 7:35 am
EMPORIA, Kansas - Emporia State University has named a retired community college president to serve as its interim president.
- President of small Ohio college says he's stepping down Updated: May-06-15 6:31 am
YELLOW SPRINGS, Ohio - The president of a small, western Ohio liberal arts college says he's stepping down when his contract expires in December.
- Chicago teachers, school board at odds over pension payments Updated: May-06-15 4:43 am
CHICAGO - Contract talks between the Chicago Teachers Union and the Board of Education have gone public with the teachers saying the board wants them to pay the full amount of their pension contributions. They say that would amount to a 7 percent pay cut.
- Hawaii Board of Education approves new deputy superintendent Updated: May-05-15 10:58 pm
HONOLULU - The state Board of Education is approving the appointment of Stephen Schatz to be the Department of Education's new deputy superintendent.
- Mihalyo to resign as president of Davis & Elkins College Updated: May-05-15 1:44 pm
ELKINS, West Virginia - Dr. Michael Mihalyo Jr. has announced plans to leave Davis & Elkins College after serving as president for the past two years.
- USM provost Wiesenburg returns to Marine Science faculty Updated: May-05-15 11:09 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - University of Southern Mississippi Provost Denis Wiesenburg has resigned from his position as Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Former Lafayette superintendent seeks trial date in lawsuit Updated: May-05-15 7:43 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Former Lafayette Parish school superintendent Pat Cooper's attorney has filed a motion to nudge the ousted educator's legal challenge of his November termination closer to a day in court.
- U of Illinois fundraising arm names new president Updated: May-05-15 4:38 am
URBANA, Illinois - The University of Illinois' fundraising arm has hired a new president who holds the same job now at the University of Arizona.
- Interim president named to lead Fort Valley State University Updated: May-05-15 4:05 am
ATLANTA - An interim leader has been named to lead Fort Valley State University.
- Superintendent to launch own review of Common Core standards Updated: May-04-15 7:35 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi education officials will conduct their own voluntary review of the Common Core academic standards, even after Gov. Phil Bryant vetoed a bill that would have created an outside panel to examine the standards.
- Indiana education board could soon face membership makeover Updated: May-04-15 4:34 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The State Board of Education's next meeting could be its last one before undergoing a significant membership makeover.
- School board votes: contract terminated with search firm Updated: May-04-15 11:49 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - The Fayette County school board has voted to terminate its contract with PROACT Search Inc.
- St. Joseph school superintendent resigns amid criticism Updated: May-04-15 11:19 am
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - St. Joseph's school superintendent resigned, months after the release of an audit report that was highly critical of the district.
- School construction projects may need court approval Updated: May-04-15 7:44 am
ST. MARTINVILLE, Louisiana - The St. Martin Parish School Board could be required to seek approval from a federal judge for any major renovation, maintenance or construction projects that are questioned in the school system's recently revived desegregation case.
- Analysis: Community college fight attracts little attention Updated: May-03-15 6:19 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi's Community College Board should be thankful that the state's College Board got crossways with University of Mississippi Chancellor Dan Jones.
- When's school out? Groups want it out NC lawmakers' hands Updated: May-03-15 11:19 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - It's been 11 years since North Carolina lawmakers told public schools when the school year could open and close.
- Omaha public school teachers, district strike pay deal Updated: May-02-15 4:01 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Omaha Public Schools and its teachers union have struck a deal for a new contract that would give teachers raises over the next three years and increase the starting salary for new teachers.
- A historic change in governance for a New Orleans school Updated: May-02-15 10:41 am
NEW ORLEANS - Symbolically, it is one of the most important things to happen to public education in New Orleans since Hurricane Katrina hit nearly 10 years ago - and if it goes smoothly, hardly anyone should notice.
- Southern Illinois names James Bell director of athletics. Updated: May-01-15 10:28 pm
CARBONDALE, Illinois - Southern Illinois University has named former Western Illinois athletic director James T. Bell its director of athletics.