- Bill ending Douglas-Board of Education fight set for vote Updated: May-04-16 3:03 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Legislature is poised to settle a yearlong fight between the state's top elected school official and the Board of Education.
- Washington school may ban football coach after investigation Updated: May-04-16 2:14 pm
SEATTLE - A school district in western Washington is considering a two-year ban for its celebrated football coach after a report pointed to possible misconduct.
- Ex-candidate for NY governor survives school board challenge Updated: May-04-16 10:04 am
BUFFALO, New York - Wealthy developer Carl Paladino has been re-elected to the Buffalo school board by narrowly defeating his 18-year-old student challenger.
- Baltimore city school board appoints new CEO Updated: May-04-16 8:25 am
BALTIMORE - The Baltimore school board is replacing the city schools chief executive officer.
- Ex-band director pleads to corrupting student now fiancee Updated: May-04-16 8:25 am
YORK, Pennsylvania - The former band director at a central Pennsylvania high school has pleaded no contest to corrupting a minor - a then-17-year-old girl he's accused of having sex with and now plans to marry.
- Delaware lawmakers eye shorter terms for local school boards Updated: May-04-16 4:52 am
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware lawmakers are considering legislation to shorten the terms of local school board members.
- Farmington School Board doesn't want to pay for Trump visit Updated: May-04-16 3:29 am
FARMINGTON, New Hampshire - Farmington School Board officials say they shouldn't have to foot the bill for Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's visit to the southeastern New Hampshire town.
- As Big 12 ponders expansion, American on guard for losses Updated: May-03-16 7:01 pm
The Big 12 presidents will consider in the coming weeks whether the league should expand, leaving the American Athletic Conference on guard for the possibility of one or more defections.
- Va. school board appeals transgender restroom ruling Updated: May-03-16 4:51 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A Virginia school board has asked the full 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals to review a panel's ruling that a transgender teen must be allowed to use the boys' restroom at school.
- Court sides with ex-school board member in meetings case Updated: May-03-16 4:33 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Supreme Court has ruled in favor of a former central Ohio school board member who says his colleagues violated state open meetings laws while exchanging emails.
- College may remove name of law school founder with KKK ties Updated: May-03-16 4:20 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - University of Tulsa trustees are deciding whether to rename the law school because of one founder's ties to the Ku Klux Klan, a proposal that was lauded Tuesday by a civil rights group.
- Iowa teacher resigns after failing alcohol tests at prom Updated: May-03-16 2:37 pm
MILFORD, Iowa - A northwest Iowa teacher who failed alcohol tests while chaperoning a high school prom has resigned.
- Sex education foes try to delay Omaha schools' new materials Updated: May-03-16 1:48 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Sex education opponents have made a last-ditch effort to delay the Omaha school board's rollout of textbooks and materials that will appear in health and sex education classes in the fall.
- Superintendent: Jackson Public Schools in financial crisis Updated: May-03-16 1:34 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Jackson Public Schools district is facing a financial crisis prompted by decreased state funding, the schools superintendent said.
- Truckee community college names new president Updated: May-03-16 1:21 pm
RENO, Nevada - Nevada's Truckee Meadows Community College has named a new president.
- Mat-Su school superintendent picked for Anchorage job Updated: May-03-16 11:48 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The current superintendent of the Matanuska-Susitna Borough School District has been picked to head the Anchorage School District.
- Attorney general's office wants Hershey School board changes Updated: May-03-16 11:08 am
HERSHEY, Pennsylvania - The state attorney general's office is seeking the resignation of three board members at the Milton Hershey School for disadvantaged children over concerns the board may be violating terms of a 2013 settlement.
- Shouts and Song: Clash at meeting over transgender bathrooms Updated: May-03-16 9:11 am
CONWAY, South Carolina - About 500 people turned out, some of them singing and shouting to drown out others, as the Horry County Board of Education discussed the use of bathrooms by transgender students.
- Montana State names Kyle Brennan as new athletic director Updated: May-02-16 5:15 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - Utah associate athletic director Kyle Brennan has been named the new athletic director at Montana State, President Waded Cruzado announced Monday.
- Wyoming drops out of education consortium Updated: May-02-16 5:13 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - State schools Superintendent Jillian Balow says Wyoming has dropped out of the state consortium that is involved with Common Core education tests.
- Rhode Island schools take in Central American migrants Updated: May-02-16 3:12 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - One of Murkje Dekoe's students was pregnant and spent her weekends working long hours in a cranberry bog. Others spent nights toiling in factories and high-end restaurants.
- Wright State University president to retire next year Updated: May-02-16 2:58 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - Wright State University's president will retire next year from the school in southwestern Ohio.
- Pittsburgh schools to hold workshop on transgender plan Updated: May-02-16 6:23 am
PITTSBURGH - Officials and the public will start talking about a proposed transgender nondiscrimination policy for Pittsburgh's public schools.
- District reviewing voter fraud charges against board member Updated: May-02-16 5:43 am
ASBURY PARK, New Jersey - Authorities say a New Jersey school board member has been accused of filling out vote-by-mail applications for people who didn't exist or weren't allowed to vote.
- Lacrosse championships coming after team benchmarks met Updated: May-01-16 12:38 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Illinois - High school state championships for lacrosse in Illinois are coming after benchmarks for the number of teams were met.