- At least 5 resign from state education agency Updated: Apr-24-14 11:10 am
- La. College, Northwestern St. seek new presidents Updated: Apr-24-14 9:40 am
- 18 UT students arrested, protest possible cutbacks Updated: Apr-24-14 7:16 am
- School board nixes idea of dress code for parents Updated: Apr-23-14 5:46 pm
- Ex-president of Cape Cod college sued by state Updated: Apr-23-14 11:07 am
- Search committee asks board to clarify authority Updated: Apr-23-14 10:47 am
- LA school board OKs $25M lawsuit settlement Updated: Apr-22-14 10:37 pm
- FBI investigates suspected serial child molester Updated: Apr-22-14 6:02 pm
- Fritz Erickson named Northern Michigan president Updated: Apr-22-14 3:58 pm
- Latest Dartmouth discussion focuses on sex assault Updated: Apr-22-14 3:32 pm
- ISU breaks ground on new track and field complex Updated: Apr-22-14 2:55 pm
- Oak Ridge loses Head Start funding Updated: Apr-22-14 12:06 pm
- Public school advocates call for funding changes Updated: Apr-22-14 11:28 am
- Top education leader interviews for Bryant job Updated: Apr-22-14 7:31 am
- Lafayette school board seeks tenant for property Updated: Apr-22-14 7:28 am
- William Carey nursing dean appointed to board Updated: Apr-22-14 6:05 am
- 2 Ill. high schools sued over alleged sex assault Updated: Apr-22-14 4:05 am
- Klamath school strategy links health, attendance Updated: Apr-21-14 6:50 pm
- Ex-Dickinson principal pleads not guilty to arson Updated: Apr-21-14 6:41 pm
- Bill creates unfunded mandate, activist group says Updated: Apr-21-14 2:55 pm
- 3 House bills target Lafayette school board Updated: Apr-21-14 10:49 am
- Univ. of West Alabama board seeks new president Updated: Apr-21-14 8:53 am
- Anne Arundel delays school superintendent decision Updated: Apr-20-14 1:59 pm
- Peach County schools superintendent to retire Updated: Apr-20-14 6:14 am
- How one student thrives at troubled Philly school Updated: Apr-19-14 10:37 am
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - At least five people, including Director Richard Crandall, have resigned from the Wyoming Department of Education since Superintendent Cindy Hill was reinstated as the department's top official last Friday.
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - Higher education in Central Louisiana is seeing changes in leadership as two local schools begin searches for their next presidents.
AUSTIN, Texas - At least 18 University of Texas students have been arrested outside the Austin school president's office in a protest against possible staff cutbacks.
WEST PALM BEACH, Florida - An unlikely proposal to create a dress code to sway unkempt parents from showing up at school functions was quashed Wednesday.
BOSTON - The Massachusetts attorney general's office has sued the former president of a small Cape Cod college in an effort to get him to repay the millions he collected from his allegedly excessive salary and perks, including luxury cars and homes.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A search committee charged with recommending a new general counsel for the Lafayette Parish School Board wants the full board to look at revising the policy that gave the committee the authority to recommend lawyers.
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Unified School District has agreed to settle a lawsuit over teacher layoffs by spending $25 million to hire more staff for dozens of struggling schools.
MINNEAPOLIS - The FBI asked for the public's help Tuesday to identify at least 90 potential victims of a suspected child predator who worked at 10 American and other international schools abroad for more than four decades before committing suicide last month in Minnesota.
MARQUETTE, Michigan - Northern Michigan University in Marquette named Fritz Erickson as its 15th president Tuesday, selecting the provost of Ferris State University from among four finalists.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Dartmouth College is working on multiple fronts to prevent sexual assault, encourage reporting and hold perpetrators accountable, an administrator said Tuesday, days after the school's president called it one of three critical issues that are compromising the school's core mission.
TERRE HAUTE, Indiana - Indiana State University has broken ground on a $4.3 million track and field complex along the Wabash River that will become the school's first new athletic facility in a quarter century.
OAK RIDGE, Tennessee - A Head Start program in Oak Ridge has been called off for next year after an audit concluded that the preschool's principal threatened to fire teachers who didn't create 33 false documents to satisfy federal auditors.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Advocates for Pennsylvania public schools are demanding more money and a fairer funding formula.
BRYANT, Arkansas - Arkansas Education Commissioner Tom Kimbrell is interviewing to become the next superintendent of the Bryant School District.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The Lafayette Parish School Board's property at the highly-trafficked corner of Ridge Road and Ambassador Caffery Parkway still is without a tenant.
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Gov. Phil Bryant has appointed Janet Williams, dean of the William Carey University School of Nursing, to serve on the State Board of Nursing.
BELLEVLLE, Illinois - The mother of a teenage girl is suing two southwestern Illinois school districts for an alleged sexual assault in a bathroom during a band competition.
KLAMATH FALLS, Oregon - In Oregon, the amount of students chronically absent is on the rise. According to Attendance Works, a national, pro-school attendance organization, 23 percent of Oregon's K-12 students were chronically absent in the 2009-10 school year.
DICKINSON, North Dakota - The former Dickinson principal accused of setting fire to his school has been arraigned.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A Muslim activist group says a bill that would require the state's school districts to review textbooks used in classrooms creates an unfunded mandate and opens the door to biased learning materials.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The Lafayette Parish School Board meets Wednesday to consider taking a formal and unified stand against proposed legislation that singles out the board.
LIVINGSTON, Alabama - The University of West Alabama board of trustees is set to discuss plans to move forward with its decision to find a new president for the school.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Anne Arundel County school board is delaying its selection of a new schools superintendent.
FORT VALLEY, Georgia - The superintendent of Peach County schools plans to retire.
PHILADELPHIA - Gionna Hawkins is 14, a smart young lady with serious goals and a detailed plan for pulling them off - class president, then internships, college and law school.