- Medical marijuana looks for another step in House Updated: Mar-11-14 9:22 am
- State defends medical marijuana licensing process Updated: Mar-11-14 8:01 am
- Elko City Council takes up pot dispensaries Updated: Mar-11-14 6:14 am
- More than 100 Los Angeles pot shops closed Updated: Mar-11-14 12:07 am
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes Updated: Mar-10-14 7:41 pm
- 2.5 years for Seattle man who sold pot to students Updated: Mar-10-14 7:33 pm
- Guns, sharks and pot all lose in Hawaii this year Updated: Mar-10-14 7:28 pm
- Ala. considers allowing marijuana oil for seizures Updated: Mar-10-14 5:43 pm
- Jindal pushes worker training, as session opens Updated: Mar-10-14 5:37 pm
- Spending minimal so far for Alaska pot initiative Updated: Mar-10-14 2:22 pm
- Iowa Gov. Branstad warns about medical marijuana Updated: Mar-10-14 11:53 am
- Man shot outside Spokane marijuana dispensary Updated: Mar-10-14 7:58 am
- Marijuana sales tax results expected this week Updated: Mar-10-14 7:20 am
- Liquor, pot debate moves from Capitol to ballot Updated: Mar-09-14 1:23 pm
- Drought prompts warning to water trees in Reno Updated: Mar-09-14 12:11 pm
- State oversight may tame California pot shops Updated: Mar-09-14 11:47 am
- American chestnuts still exist in Virginia forests Updated: Mar-09-14 9:48 am
- Senate passes bill to regulate medical marijuana Updated: Mar-08-14 5:13 pm
- Caricom leaders to debate marijuana legalization Updated: Mar-08-14 2:02 pm
- Biologist: Vermont bats begin white nose recovery Updated: Mar-08-14 8:55 am
- Oregon Legislature approves budget, adjourns Updated: Mar-07-14 9:43 pm
- Groups seek protection for rare beach flower Updated: Mar-07-14 7:32 pm
- More drivers positive for pot in Washington Updated: Mar-07-14 6:41 pm
- Medford council moves swiftly to ban pot shops Updated: Mar-07-14 6:34 pm
- Washington issues 2 more pot-growing licenses Updated: Mar-07-14 5:55 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A proposal to legalize medical marijuana is going before its second House committee.
BOSTON - The state is defending its heavily criticized process for selecting companies to run medical marijuana dispensaries.
ELKO, Nevada - The Elko City Council is poised to consider banning medical marijuana dispensaries within the city limits.
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles has shut more than 100 pot shops since it began enforcing new rules for medical marijuana dispensaries. But officials say many more continue to operate outside the law.
DENVER - Colorado made roughly $2 million in marijuana taxes in January, state revenue officials reported Monday in the world's first accounting of the recreational pot business.
SEATTLE - A Seattle man who admitted selling marijuana to a parade of teenagers who came to his house has been sentenced to 2.5 years in prison.
HONOLULU - Plenty of measures that have been proposed in the Hawaii Legislature no longer have a shot this session, including bills to ease access to medical marijuana and outlaw shark and ray fishing.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A Huntsville legislator is working on changes to a bill that he hopes will persuade the Senate to approve the use of marijuana oil to treat children's seizures.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Gov. Bobby Jindal told lawmakers opening their annual legislative session Monday that Louisiana's biggest challenge was making sure it has enough workers to fill the jobs his administration has helped attract to the state.
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - A ballot measure that would make sales of marijuana legal under Alaska state law has seen little early campaign spending by advocates and none by opponents.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Gov. Terry Branstad says he worries drug abuse would increase if medical marijuana became legal in Iowa.
SPOKANE, Washington - The owner of a Spokane marijuana dispensary shot a man outside the store Sunday night.
DENVER - Colorado is waiting for its first look at the recreational pot market this week when the Department of Revenue reports how much money dispensaries paid in sales taxes in January.
SALEM, Oregon - Now that key liquor and pot bills failed to gain traction in the Oregon Legislature, the venue shifts to the ballot box.
RENO, Nevada - With the start of spring only a couple of weeks away, experts are urging Reno-area residents and businesses to water trees to help them survive the drought.
SAN FRANCISCO - Law and order may soon be coming to the Wild West of weed.
STAUNTON, Virginia - Mark Gatewood planted four chestnut trees at the Frontier Culture Museum four years ago.
OLYMPIA, Washington - A measure to overhaul the state's medical marijuana system cleared the Senate Saturday as the state moves to merge that largely unregulated market with the still-developing legal recreational market.
GEORGETOWN, Guyana - Researchers with a Caribbean trade bloc have found that decriminalizing marijuana and exploring its use for medicinal purposes could help boost the region's sluggish economy.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A biologist who has studied the decline in Vermont's bat populations since white nose syndrome started killing tens of thousands almost a decade ago says he thinks the worst of the epidemic is over and at least one affected species is beginning to recover.
SALEM, Oregon - The state Legislature voted Friday to approve funding for cancer research facilities at Oregon Health & Science University, got the budget back in balance and then adjourned the 2014 session.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Conservation groups are seeking federal Endangered Species Act protection for a rare beach flower found in Oregon and California.
SEATTLE - More drivers tested positive for marijuana in Washington in 2013 - the first full year after the state legalized pot - but officials so far say there's been no obvious, corresponding jump in car accidents.
MEDFORD, Oregon - Moving even before the Legislature completed action, the Medford City Council has voted for a moratorium on medical marijuana dispensaries.
OLYMPIA, Washington - Washington state has issued two more legal marijuana licenses, bringing the total to three.