- Prosecutors seek new judge in Carnation killings Updated: Apr-19-14 12:32 pm
- Sutton Foster and Jeanine Tesori bond backstage Updated: Apr-19-14 9:17 am
- High winds uproot, damage 14 trees in Tacoma park Updated: Apr-18-14 10:19 pm
- Colorado advances edible marijuana restrictions Updated: Apr-17-14 9:50 pm
- Police: Student ate more pot than recommended Updated: Apr-17-14 8:10 pm
- Vermont Senate hears challenge of opiate treatment Updated: Apr-17-14 7:55 pm
- Illinois medical marijuana rules drop gun language Updated: Apr-17-14 3:43 pm
- Miss. legalizing marijuana extract as medicine Updated: Apr-17-14 3:25 pm
- NH Senate refuses to consider marijuana bill Updated: Apr-17-14 1:55 pm
- Port Angeles pot grower would rather make movies Updated: Apr-17-14 1:44 pm
- Neighbors oppose planned pot farm near Tenino Updated: Apr-17-14 1:35 pm
- Flowers blooming for Skagit Valley Tulip Festival Updated: Apr-17-14 12:33 pm
- Excerpts from recent Minnesota editorials Updated: Apr-17-14 11:14 am
- Judge orders Maricopa County to pay attorney fees Updated: Apr-17-14 4:08 am
- Alaska pot supporters make deal with opponents Updated: Apr-16-14 9:20 pm
- House panel hears bill to legalize marijuana Updated: Apr-16-14 7:05 pm
- Big Colorado pot business bans drug use at work Updated: Apr-16-14 6:52 pm
- Walker signs bill legalizing pot byproduct Updated: Apr-16-14 3:02 pm
- Judge hears arguments over 2011 marijuana law Updated: Apr-16-14 12:24 pm
- Freeze leaves Florida Panhandle with dead trees Updated: Apr-16-14 12:16 pm
- Parts of recreational trail closed after storms Updated: Apr-16-14 8:54 am
- Officials: Save Monarch butterfly, plant milkweed Updated: Apr-16-14 4:05 am
- Colorado moves to shut down 4 raided pot shops Updated: Apr-15-14 6:35 pm
- Excerpts from recent Indiana newspaper editorials Updated: Apr-15-14 5:53 pm
- Texas Crop Report Updated: Apr-15-14 4:12 pm
SEATTLE - King County prosecutors are seeking a new trial judge in the death penalty cases against two people accused of killing a family of six in Carnation in 2007.
NEW YORK - There were two visitors to Sutton Foster's Broadway dressing room the other day.
TACOMA, Washington - High winds damaged or uprooted at least 14 trees Thursday night in Point Defiance Park in Tacoma.
DENVER - A Colorado proposal to widen a ban on certain types of edible marijuana advanced Thursday in the state House amid concerns that it could be too broad.
DENVER - A Wyoming college student who jumped to his death at a Denver hotel had eaten more of a marijuana cookie than was recommended by a seller, police records show - a finding that comes amid increased concern about the strength of popular pot edibles after Colorado became the first state to legalize recreational marijuana.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - An estimated 50,000 people in Vermont need treatment for addiction problems every year and don't get it, and efforts to expand treatment options for people addicted to heroin and other opiates are expected to increase pressure on the treatment system, the head of an addiction-treatment center told a state Senate committee Thursday.
CHICAGO - Illinois regulators finalizing the state's conditions for medical marijuana have removed a proposed rule that would have barred legal gun owners from becoming cannabis-using patients, a person close to the process told The Associated Press.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant has signed a bill to legalize a marijuana extract to be used as medicine under tightly controlled circumstances.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's Senate has refused to consider a House bill that would have decriminalized possession of up to an ounce of marijuana.
PORT ANGELES, Washington - Filmmaker Ryan Herring is growing pot in an effort to boost his production company.
OLYMPIA, Washington - Green is everywhere in the Skookumchuck Valley, from the lush pastures grazed by cattle and horses to the forested hills that surround the rural community of mostly hobby farms just outside of Tenino.
MOUNT VERNON, Washington - Most flower fields near Mount Vernon will be in full bloom this weekend as the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival continues through the month of April.
St. Cloud Times, April 16
PHOENIX - A judge is ordering Maricopa County to pay $190,000 for attorney fees incurred by a Sun City medical dispensary operator which successfully challenged the county's refusal to provide zoning clearance for the facility.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The group behind a ballot measure to legalize the recreational use of marijuana in Alaska said Wednesday it would gladly contribute funds to their opponents - if they prove pot is more dangerous than alcohol.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A House panel is considering several marijuana bills, including one to legalize the drug and regulate and tax it like alcohol.
DENVER - Workers for one of Colorado's biggest marijuana businesses learned Wednesday they can be fired for smoking pot on the job or using cocaine any time.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republican Gov. Scott Walker has signed a bill that legalizes the use of a marijuana byproduct to help treat children's seizures.
HELENA, Montana - The medical marijuana industry continues its efforts to overturn restrictions in a 2011 law that sought to rein in the number of providers and users in Montana.
PENSACOLA, Florida - From airports to hotels to schools and churches, non-native palm and fruit trees are a popular and costly part of landscaping throughout Florida's Panhandle. Nowadays those trees are mostly brown and withering because of the region's unusually cold winter.
BIG RAPIDS, Michigan - The state says parts of Fred Meijer White Pine Trail State Park in western Michigan are closed due to unsafe conditions following storms and flooding.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois officials are asking residents to help increase Monarch butterfly populations by planting and preserving milkweed.
DENVER - State regulators want to shut down four Colorado medical marijuana businesses that were among the targets of federal raids last year.
The Journal Gazette. April 15, 2014.
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - The following reports were compiled by AgriLife Extension Service for the week of April 15: