- Louisiana editorial roundup Updated: Aug-26-15 3:38 pm
Recent editorials from Louisiana newspapers:
- Dr. James 'Red' Duke, once-familiar TV doctor, dead at 86 Updated: Aug-25-15 10:16 pm
HOUSTON - Dr. James "Red" Duke, a trauma surgeon who attended to Texas Gov. John Connally on the day of the Kennedy assassination before going on to become a familiar television doctor, died in Houston on Tuesday at age 86.
- Dallas hospital with link to JFK moves to new $1.3B building Updated: Aug-20-15 4:50 pm
DALLAS - About 600 patients were moved Thursday into a new $1.3 billion hospital in Dallas that replaces an aging facility memorialized in U.S. history as the place John F. Kennedy was pronounced dead after his assassination.
- African Union: Burundi at risk of sliding further into chaos Updated: Aug-16-15 11:45 am
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - Burundi's recent violence shows the country is at risk of sliding into chaos with catastrophic results for the Central African nation and surrounding countries, the African Union's top official said Sunday.
- Burundi: Ex-army chief killed, 2nd military leader targeted Updated: Aug-15-15 1:41 pm
BUJUMBURA, Burundi - A former army chief was killed Saturday, a Burundi official said, the second military official to be assassinated this month in violence linked to the country's political unrest over President Pierre Nkurunziza's re-election to a third term.
- Lee Harvey Oswald gravestone back in Texas Updated: Aug-12-15 5:51 pm
DALLAS - A gravestone for President John F. Kennedy's assassin has been returned to Texas after an ownership dispute.
- Official: Top Burundi general assassinated in the capital Updated: Aug-02-15 7:49 pm
BUJUMBURA, Burundi - A Burundi general who was a key security ally of President Pierre Nkurunziza was killed Sunday in a drive-by shooting in the capital, Bujumbura, a presidential spokesman said.