- Trump's open path to nomination causes agony for some in GOP Updated: May-04-16 7:29 pm
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump's last Republican foe, Ohio Gov. John Kasich, ended his quixotic presidential campaign Wednesday, cementing Trump's remarkable triumph as his party's presumptive nominee and launching him toward a likely fall battle with Hillary Clinton. Some reluctant Republicans began to rally around Trump, but others agonized over their party's future.
- Trump virtually clinches Republican presidential nomination Updated: May-04-16 1:07 am
INDIANAPOLIS - In a stunning triumph for a political outsider, Donald Trump all but clinched the Republican presidential nomination Tuesday with a resounding victory in Indiana that knocked rival Ted Cruz out of the race and cleared Trump's path to a likely November face-off with Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton.
- The Latest: Sanders gets delegate boost; challenge remains Updated: May-03-16 10:47 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on campaign 2016 as voters in Indiana head to the polls for the state primary (all times Eastern):
- Saudi police capture man wanted for bombing, assassination Updated: May-01-16 1:06 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia's Interior Ministry says police have arrested a man wanted in connection with a number of terrorist acts, including a suicide bombing that targeted a mosque inside a special forces compound, killing 15 people last year.
- The Rev. Billy Kyles dies; was present when ML King was shot Updated: Apr-27-16 11:46 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The Rev. Samuel Billy Kyles, a longtime civil rights leader who was present when Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated on a hotel balcony, has died in Memphis. He was 81.
- Burundi: General assassinated in attack in capital Updated: Apr-25-16 2:44 pm
BUJUMBURA, Burundi - A military general in Burundi who was an adviser to the country's vice president and two others were shot dead in the capital, a military official said Monday. It is the latest killing in an upsurge of violence including tortures and increased disappearances that have created a climate of fear and led more than 250,000 people to flee to neighboring countries.
- Syrian journalist attacked by IS in Turkey dies Updated: Apr-12-16 3:29 pm
ISTANBUL - A Syrian journalist who was shot in the Turkish city of Gaziantep in an attack claimed by the Islamic State group died from his wounds Tuesday, a close friend said.
- Afghan Taliban announce spring offensive Updated: Apr-12-16 7:10 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - The Taliban announced the start of their warm-weather fighting season on Tuesday, vowing "large-scale attacks" in the 15th year of their war against the U.S.-backed Afghan government.
- Islamic State says it is behind killing of Saudi policeman Updated: Apr-05-16 12:18 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - A Saudi affiliate of the Islamic State group said Tuesday it was behind the assassination of a police colonel who was shot dead outside the capital, Riyadh, in the second attack by the group in recent days.