- Militants attack Egyptian army checkpoints in Sinai, kill 38 Updated: Jul-01-15 7:05 am
EL-ARISH, Egypt - Islamic militants on Wednesday unleashed a wave of simultaneous attacks, including suicide car bombings, on Egyptian army checkpoints in the restive northern Sinai Peninsula, killing at least 38 soldiers, security and military officials said.
- AP News in Brief at 5:58 a.m. EDT Updated: Jun-30-15 6:10 am
Crunch time in Greece as bailout due to expire, IMF loan due with no deal in sight
- Serbia unveils monument to Gavrilo Princip Updated: Jun-28-15 5:30 pm
BELGRADE, Serbia - Serbia on Sunday unveiled a monument to Gavrilo Princip, whose assassination of the Austro-Hungarian crown prince in Sarajevo helped ignite World War I and still provokes controversy in the ethnically-divided Balkans.
- Hearing delayed for man accused of supporting Islamic State Updated: Jun-24-15 1:32 pm
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - A federal court hearing is being postponed for a 19-year-old North Carolina man accused of planning a killing spree in the U.S. to show his support for the Islamic State group in the Middle East.
- Longtime journalist Norman Runnion dies Updated: Jun-23-15 7:47 pm
RANDOLPH, Vermont - Norman Runnion, longtime journalist and former editor of the Brattleboro Reformer, has died.
- Kashmir rattled by targeted killings after period of calm Updated: Jun-19-15 6:37 am
SOPORE, India - Four assassination-style killings since last week have shaken this town in Kashmir just as the Himalayan region claimed by both India and Pakistan seemed to be slowly emerging from decades of violence.
- Indian-held Kashmir shuts down to protest recent killings Updated: Jun-17-15 7:49 am
SRINAGAR, India - Stores, businesses and schools slammed shut across Indian-controlled Kashmir on Wednesday after separatists called a strike to protest a series of assassination-style killings over the past week.
- Retired Colombian general on trial in murder of politician Updated: Jun-01-15 4:36 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Colombia's Supreme Court began hearing arguments Monday in the trial of a retired army general accused of taking part in the 1989 assassination of a top presidential contender.