- Heroin, painkiller abuse on agenda at drug summit in Detroit Updated: Aug-26-15 2:47 pm
DETROIT - Federal law enforcers from six states are meeting in Detroit to discuss how to confront the growing abuse of heroin and prescription painkillers.
- Columba Bush puts drug addiction fight among top priorities Updated: Aug-25-15 3:20 am
MIAMI - The wife of Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush says the highly personal fight she waged against drug addiction as Florida's first lady would remain one of her top priorities in the White House.
- Rauner cuts drug-treatment funding from heroin bill Updated: Aug-24-15 9:13 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner vetoed Monday critical pieces of a bill to intended fight heroin addiction and overdoses, saying that while he supports the measure in principle, the state can't afford it.
- Federal grant to help pregnant women battling addiction Updated: Aug-16-15 11:19 am
BOSTON - State health officials say Massachusetts has received a federal grant to treat pregnant women who are addicted to opioids.
- Addict amnesty: Police give heroin addicts support, rehab Updated: Aug-14-15 4:36 pm
GLOUCESTER, Massachusetts - The young woman nursing a fresh black eye has come to the police station in this old fishing city for help. But she's not looking to report a crime or seek someone's arrest. She wants help kicking her heroin addiction.
- State officials: Heroin overdose deaths spike in Mississippi Updated: Aug-12-15 10:40 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Heroin overdose deaths are skyrocketing in Mississippi, on pace to reach 26 by year's end.
- Vermont gets $3 million to expand opioid addiction treatment Updated: Aug-07-15 4:17 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Vermont is getting $3 million in federal funding to expand treatment options for addiction to heroin and other opioids, officials announced Friday.
- New detox facility in Medford to help drug addicts Updated: Aug-05-15 2:23 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - A new treatment facility in Medford is set to open its doors in September to help residents on their road to recovery from alcohol and drug addictions.
- Prescription drug abuse reduction initiative launched Updated: Jul-29-15 8:11 pm
HELENA, Montana - An initiative launched Wednesday in Montana aims to curb rampant prescription drug abuse.
- Autopsy: 'Versailles' daughter died of accidental overdose Updated: Jul-29-15 3:15 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - An autopsy released Wednesday shows that the 18-year-old daughter of the stars of the "Queen of Versailles" documentary who had struggled with an addiction to a drug used to control her seizures died last month of an accidental overdose.