- Michigan task force will look at prescription drug abuse Updated: Jun-18-15 3:54 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Gov. Rick Snyder has created a new task force to address the growing problem of prescription drug and pain killer abuse.
- Police tout success in unique fight against drug epidemic Updated: Jun-16-15 8:14 pm
BOSTON - A police chief in a small New England city combating its drug epidemic through a unique program that allows drug users to turn over their drugs and get immediate treatment said Tuesday that there's been a strong early response.
- Painkiller abuse conference set in Morgantown Updated: Jun-12-15 2:58 am
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - The director of the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy will speak at a conference on painkiller abuse in Morgantown.
- Spike in heroin overdoses takes toll on Ohio town's psyche Updated: Jun-11-15 10:30 am
MARION, Ohio - The usual handwringing over the heroin problem turned into panic in this small city in May when a supercharged blue-tinted batch from Chicago sent more than 30 overdose victims to the hospital and two to the morgue in a 12-day stretch.
- Wyoming officials warn of prescription drug-abuse fatalities Updated: Jun-09-15 6:46 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Prescription drug abuse is the state's fastest-growing drug problem, Wyoming health and law enforcement officials said.
- State begins campaign targeting prescription drug abuse Updated: Jun-08-15 5:22 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama, which has one of the country's highest rates of prescription painkiller usage, on Monday launched a website and education effort to combat prescription drug abuse.