- New bills take on painkiller addiction in Ohio Updated: Dec-11-13 6:59 am
- Lawmaker urging tougher law for heroin dealing Updated: Dec-07-13 11:36 am
- RI panel to study prescription drug abuse Updated: Dec-01-13 6:32 pm
- Task force seeks new laws for pregnant drug users Updated: Nov-20-13 10:35 am
- Ex-judge out of prison after pill scandal Updated: Nov-13-13 12:11 pm
- Mandela's granddaughter bares her past in book Updated: Nov-12-13 4:47 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio lawmakers have announced a new package of bills they hope will take a bite out of the prescription painkiller problem.
BURLINGTON, Kentucky - A northern Kentucky legislator is calling for tougher jail penalties for heroin dealing, but treatment advocates argued that harsher criminal punishments don't help with the problem of addiction.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A new task force in Rhode Island is set to consider whether the state should track certain medications to prevent prescription drug abuse.
ANDERSON, Indiana - Indiana medical and legal experts are pushing for laws that would allow more monitoring of pregnant women who use drugs in an effort to prevent babies from being born with addictions.
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A former Knox County Criminal Court judge has been released from prison, where he was serving a six-month sentence for lying to investigators.
JOHANNESBURG - Nelson Mandela's family is no stranger to the public eye -its successes and trials have been aired for decades in films, books and the news media.