- Environmentalists fight White River reservoir plan Updated: Mar-10-14 11:38 am
- Obama to preserve California federal lands Updated: Mar-08-14 9:41 pm
- Nature reserve fights Franklin Co. concrete plant Updated: Mar-07-14 5:28 pm
- Ranchers, tribes reach deal on Klamath water Updated: Mar-05-14 7:01 pm
- Deer hunt proposed for Bloomington nature preserve Updated: Feb-28-14 2:01 pm
- Record number of swans winter at Wyoming refuge Updated: Feb-27-14 4:10 pm
- Volunteers learn to tap maple trees in Iowa Updated: Feb-23-14 6:50 pm
- 1-week-old panther kitten found in Florida Updated: Feb-21-14 3:04 am
- Murkowski blasts federal rejection of refuge road Updated: Feb-19-14 7:14 pm
- Land trust purchase to preserve rural landscape Updated: Feb-13-14 10:14 am
ANDERSON, Indiana - Another environmental group has come out against plans for a new seven-mile long reservoir along the White River in central Indiana, citing concerns about damage to Mounds State Park.
KEY LARGO, Florida - President Barack Obama will expand the California Coastal National Monument to include the Point Arena-Stornetta Public Lands, a White House official said Saturday.
GRAY SUMMIT, Missouri - The Missouri Botanical Garden hopes Franklin County zoning officials will think twice about allowing a concrete plant to be built near its nature preserve.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - A deal to share scarce water between ranchers and the Klamath Tribes has cleared another hurdle on its way toward becoming part of a bill in Congress to overcome a century of fighting over water in the Klamath Basin.
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - An overabundance of deer in a Bloomington nature preserve has a city councilman proposing that sharpshooters be called in to thin the herd.
GREEN RIVER, Wyoming - Their big, white bodies dotted smooth sections of the Green River as the water curved through the Seedskadee National Wildlife Refuge. The swans gathered in groups and pairs, taking advantage of the refuge's open water and abundant food.
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa - About 20 volunteers learned how to tap maple trees for syrup at a Cedar Falls nature reserve.
NAPLES, Florida - A week-old panther kitten has been rescued from a wildlife refuge in southwest Florida, and biologists say the tiny feline would have died if researchers hadn't discovered him.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Interior Department's rejection of a road through a national wildlife refuge that could aid patients in a small Alaska village is emblematic of a bigger problem between the state and federal government, U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski told state lawmakers Wednesday.
RICHMOND, Indiana - The Whitewater Valley Land Trust now owns 1,200 acres of native Hoosier farmland southwest of Richmond.