- Lewisville Lake Environmental Learning Area now open daily Updated: Aug-27-15 6:12 pm
LEWISVILLE, Texas - Lining the southern shore of Lewisville Lake is a 2,000-acre chunk of what ecologists call the "real" Texas.
- Mexico airlifts big cats, coyote to US wildlife sanctuary Updated: Aug-26-15 3:55 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexican environmental authorities loaded eight lions, two lynxes, a puma and a coyote aboard two military planes for a trip to a Colorado wildlife sanctuary on Wednesday, after the animals were found mistreated or abandoned.
- Drought conditions dry up some seasonal wetlands early Updated: Aug-24-15 4:51 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Seasonal wetlands are drying up more quickly than usual as drought conditions persist in the Willamette Valley.
- Ohio nature preserve, education center receive protection Updated: Aug-24-15 5:22 am
YELLOW SPRINGS, Ohio - A nature preserve and outdoor education center in western Ohio has been placed under permanent protection.
- Audubon Society to host Wildlife Sanctuary tour in Atlanta Updated: Aug-20-15 4:06 am
ATLANTA - An environmental organization will host its annual Backyard Wildlife Sanctuary tour next month in Atlanta.
- Legal deal allows Bonner Bridge replacement, 2 other bridges Updated: Aug-18-15 4:58 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A legal settlement is clearing the way for work to replace the crumbling bridge connecting the Outer Banks as early as next spring, as well as two new bridges on Hatteras Island over precarious areas where the main road is frequently washed out, North Carolina officials said Tuesday.
- 70 acres donated in Iroquois County for proposed refuge Updated: Aug-17-15 12:31 pm
KANKAKEE, Illinois - The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has received a donation of 70 acres of land in Iroquois County to go toward establishing the proposed Grand Kankakee Marsh Fish and Wildlife Refuge.
- Puerto Rico parrots getting new home amid bid to save them Updated: Aug-13-15 5:16 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Scientists transported 25 endangered Puerto Rican parrots to one of the U.S. territory's largest forests Thursday in a bid to save the island's last native parrot species.
- Fire in remote refuge in eastern Nevada nearing containment Updated: Aug-07-15 7:08 pm
ELY, Nevada - Federal land managers say crews are nearing containment of a lightning-sparked wildfire that charred about a square mile of sage grouse habitat in a wildlife refuge in eastern Nevada.