- Wildlife refuge renamed after former Gov. Bumpers Updated: Apr-18-14 7:35 pm
- Bloomington mayor vetoes preserve deer hunt plan Updated: Apr-18-14 11:37 am
- Focus shifts to restoration at Ohio oil leak site Updated: Apr-14-14 7:44 pm
- Cheat Canyon tract to be preserved for wildlife Updated: Apr-13-14 12:01 pm
- Wildlife refuge seeks helpers for grouse survey Updated: Apr-11-14 4:05 am
- Alaska to sue for road through wildlife refuge Updated: Apr-07-14 8:11 pm
- Patoka River Refuge expansion gets $3 million Updated: Apr-07-14 3:56 am
- Reservoir opponents warn of impact on rare wetland Updated: Apr-06-14 10:31 am
- Rare Myanmar ecosystems protected only on paper Updated: Apr-05-14 4:13 am
- ULM to hold 2nd Bioblitz Saturday in Columbia Updated: Apr-04-14 4:06 am
- More Indiana communities becoming Bird Towns Updated: Apr-01-14 10:37 am
- Officials try to curb off-roading at Bays Mountain Updated: Mar-30-14 9:34 am
- National wildlife refuges in La, TX, CA to expand Updated: Mar-27-14 6:40 am
- First Oahu geese in centuries making new home Updated: Mar-26-14 9:46 pm
- Nene geese on Oahu for first time since 1700s Updated: Mar-24-14 9:02 pm
ST. CHARLES, Arkansas - A national wildlife refuge in southeastern Arkansas was renamed Friday after Dale Bumpers, a former governor and U.S. senator, at a ceremony in St. Charles.
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - The mayor of Bloomington has vetoed an ordinance that would allow sharpshooters to thin the deer heard at a city nature preserve.
CINCINNATI - Crews worked Monday for the fourth week to clean oil that leaked from a pipeline into a nature preserve near Cincinnati as officials began to focus on restoration of the affected area.
ALBRIGHT, West Virginia - A segment of the Cheat Canyon will become a state wildlife management area and a nature preserve
SENEY, Michigan - The Seney National Wildlife Refuge in Michigan's Upper Peninsula is looking for participants in a sharp-tailed grouse survey.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The state of Alaska announced Monday it will sue the federal government to open a road through a national wildlife refuge so that residents of a village will have improved access for emergency flights at an all-weather airport.
OAKLAND CITY, Indiana - A southwestern Indiana wildlife refuge is receiving more than $3 million in grants to help draw more waterfowl and to improve water quality and recreation.
ANDERSON, Indiana - Opponents of a proposed reservoir along the White River are warning that it would destroy an unusual wetland that's home to rare plants and animals.
LAMPI ISLAND, Myanmar - Off a remote, glimmering beach backed by a lush tropical forest, Julia Tedesco skims the crystalline waters with mask and fins, looking for coral and fish life.
COLUMBIA, Louisiana - The University of Louisiana at Monroe's biology department will host the second annual "Bioblitz" to document as many kinds of plants and animals as possible in one day in one area. It will be at the Dr. Charles Allen Nature Preserve in Columbia.
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - If things go as hoped, birds and people who like to watch them will be flocking to northeast Indiana.
KINGSPORT, Tennessee - Officials at Bays Mountain Park in East Tennessee say they are taking steps to reduce the amount of off-roading at the nature preserve.
NEW ORLEANS - The U.S. Migratory Bird Conservation Commission has approved more than $3.8 million to expand a national wildlife refuge in northeast Louisiana, and another $2.8 million to expand refuges in Texas and California.
KAHUKU, Hawaii - A pair of endangered Hawaiian geese that have hatched goslings and settled on Oahu's north shore were likely on their way back to Kauai from the Big Island when they stopped in Kahuku, a federal biologist said Wednesday.
HONOLULU - Endangered Hawaiian geese have been spotted in the wild on Oahu for the first time in centuries, a federal agency said Monday.