- Groups shun NC critics, appeal Bonner Bridge case Updated: Dec-10-13 3:56 pm
- Couple donating farm to Raleigh for preserve Updated: Dec-10-13 12:37 pm
- Marijuana found at Arizona wildlife refuge Updated: Dec-06-13 5:07 am
- Mixed views on National Wildlife Refuge Updated: Nov-25-13 9:59 am
- Refuge gets delivery of Miss. Sandhill cranes Updated: Nov-20-13 8:10 am
- Endangered ocelot killed in auto collision Updated: Nov-19-13 12:34 pm
- Shiawassee refuge has 2 newcomer bat species Updated: Nov-19-13 4:08 am
- Feds taking steps to open new area of refuge Updated: Nov-17-13 5:44 pm
- Federal refuges undergo cleanup after Sandy Updated: Nov-17-13 12:23 pm
- Bird watchers urged to keep distance from cranes Updated: Nov-15-13 5:11 am
- Feds unveil 50-year plan for wetlands restoration Updated: Nov-14-13 5:11 pm
- As ferret numbers dwindle, more to be released Updated: Nov-14-13 12:58 pm
- Officials outline plans for Prime Hook repairs Updated: Nov-14-13 8:19 am
- Refuge in NW Mo. contributes $3.5M Updated: Nov-11-13 8:55 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina's plans to replace the only bridge to much of the Outer Banks ignores the cost and environmental impact of keeping open a barrier island highway frequently cut off by storms and sand, environmentalists said Tuesday.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A couple has decided to donate a farm valued at nearly $4 million to the city of Raleigh for a nature preserve.
WELLTON, Arizona - U.S. Border Patrol agents say they found more than 400 pounds of marijuana in several backpacks at a wildlife refuge in southwestern Arizona.
JACKSON, Mississippi - In an open-house meeting this past week, where members of the U. S. Fish and Wildlife Service explained the possibilities of a proposed National Wildlife Refuge in the Jackson area, little opposition was heard.
GAUTIER, Mississippi - Twenty-two young sandhill cranes have arrived at a refuge in Jackson County.
LOS FRESNOS, Texas - An endangered ocelot being tracked by wildlife biologists in South Texas has died after apparently being hit by a vehicle.
JAMES TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Officials say two newcomer bat species have shown up at Shiawassee National Wildlife Refuge in Saginaw County.
BOZEMAN, Montana - The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is seeking public comments as part of a plan to open additional parts of the remote Red Rock Lakes Wildlife Refuge to the public.
NEPTUNE, New Jersey - Across its 50 miles and 47,000 acres, the Edwin B. Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge gives shelter to thousands of migrating birds.
WICHITA, Kansas - Bird enthusiasts are being urged to keep their distance from whooping cranes that pass through Quivira National Wildlife Refuge in central Kansas at this time each year.
FREMONT, California - A 50-year plan for the restoration of San Francisco Bay and other coastal wetlands was released Thursday by federal wildlife officials who say it's the biggest effort to save tidal marshes outside the Florida Everglades.
BILLINGS, Montana - State wildlife commissioners have approved the release of up to 20 black-footed ferrets in central Montana to prevent the loss of a struggling population of the highly-endangered prairie animal.
MILTON, Delaware - Fixes to breaches along the Delaware Bayshore could begin next fall.
MOUND CITY, Missouri - The Squaw Creek National Wildlife Refuge produced about $3.5 million in economic benefits in 2011 for the region around the refuge in northwest Missouri, according to a new study by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.