- Eminent domain legislation advances in Iowa Legislature Updated: Apr-28-15 5:25 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Legislation that would make it harder for two energy projects to win eminent domain rights received preliminary approval in the Iowa Legislature on Tuesday.
- Bettendorf mulls building bridge on farmer's land Updated: Apr-19-15 10:41 am
BETTENDORF, Iowa - In hopes of enticing future development, the city of Bettendorf wants to build a new bridge north of Interstate 80, but the owner of the private land is not willing to sell.
- 2nd major gas pipeline would link Pennsylvania, Northeast Updated: Apr-11-15 11:25 am
SCHOHARIE, New York - New York landowners along the planned 124-mile Constitution Pipeline are getting details of a second major natural gas pipeline proposed to cut through their property, this one a 325-mile link from Pennsylvania to New England.
- Court: Iowa eminent domain laws must be strictly followed Updated: Apr-10-15 2:44 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Supreme Court says organizations exercising eminent domain to take private property for public projects must consist of government agencies with eminent domain power.
- Vermont Gas starts 2 eminent domain proceedings Updated: Apr-07-15 7:37 am
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - Vermont Gas has started eminent domain proceedings against two landowners in Monkton for its natural gas pipeline.