- Celtics' Stevens finally gets shot to coach NCAA hero Hunter Updated: Jun-30-15 1:56 pm
WALTHAM, Massachusetts - Boston Celtics coach Brad Stevens knew all about R.J. Hunter long before he hit one of the biggest shots of last season's NCAA Tournament.
- Thunder deal Luke Ridnour, his 4th trade in less than a week Updated: Jun-30-15 1:53 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Luke Ridnour may be in need of a rest - or a good travel agent - after being traded for the fourth time in less than a week.
- Nance shocked at being drafted in first round Updated: Jun-27-15 2:32 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - The first moment that former University of Wyoming basketball player Larry Nance Jr. knew he was drafted was the same moment everyone else knew.
- Jazz show off draft picks, but growth must come from within Updated: Jun-26-15 9:35 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The last 48 hours have been all about the draft picks for the Utah Jazz as the team introduced former Kentucky forward Trey Lyles and Boston College Olivier Hanlan during a Friday news conference.
- Nuggets pick Mudiay ready to step into lineup Updated: Jun-26-15 8:46 pm
DENVER - Emmanuel Mudiay says he's ready to step into the Denver Nuggets' lineup and help lead the franchise to its first championship.
- Towns and Tyus arrive, Bjelica coming next to Timberwolves Updated: Jun-26-15 6:11 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Jacqueline Cruz-Towns sat on a bench in the Minnesota Timberwolves' sparkling new practice facility, proudly wearing a Wolves hat on her head and a big smile on her face as she recalled a pre-draft visit her son Karl-Anthony made to Minneapolis last week.
- Clifford likes Hornets new look after trades, draft Updated: Jun-26-15 4:06 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Charlotte Hornets' roster has a vastly different look than it did two weeks ago. And third-year coach Steve Clifford said that's a good thing.
- Nance is the 28th Cowboy overall to be drafted into NBA Updated: Jun-26-15 12:33 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Larry Nance Jr. is the first Wyoming Cowboy taken in the NBA draft since Theo Ratliff in 1995.
- Big nights for the biggest markets in NBA draft Updated: Jun-26-15 2:53 am
NEW YORK - From coast to coast, the NBA draft was a big night for the biggest markets.
- Grizzlies select LSU forward Jarell Martin with 25th pick Updated: Jun-26-15 2:06 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Memphis Grizzlies general manager Chris Wallace is a longtime friend of former LSU basketball coach Dale Brown. Their association played a role in the Grizzlies selecting LSU forward Jarell Martin with their first-round pick in the NBA draft Thursday night.
- Blazers select forward Hollis-Jefferson, trade him Updated: Jun-26-15 2:05 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Portland Trail Blazers continued a retooling of their roster Thursday night when they selected Arizona forward Rondae Hollis-Jefferson with the 23rd pick of the NBA draft then sent him to Brooklyn as part of a four-player deal.
- Utah Jazz select Kentucky forward Trey Lyles Updated: Jun-26-15 1:56 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Trey Lyles certainly wasn't a "sexy" pick for the Utah Jazz at No. 12.
- Nuggets select guard Mudiay 7th in NBA draft Updated: Jun-26-15 1:52 am
DENVER - Denver Nuggets general manager Tim Connelly failed in several attempts to watch Emmanuel Mudiay play in person.
- Clippers end up with 56th pick, tab Branden Dawson Updated: Jun-26-15 1:47 am
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Clippers began the day without a pick in the NBA draft, but they got one anyway. They paid the New Orleans Pelicans for the 56th pick, then selected Michigan State forward Branden Dawson late Thursday night.
- Thunder take Cameron Payne with No. 14 pick in NBA draft Updated: Jun-26-15 1:44 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Cameron Payne can't wait to challenge Russell Westbrook.
- Cavaliers make draft deal, learn J.R. Smith now a free agent Updated: Jun-26-15 1:38 am
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - Not only did the Cavaliers not pick first in the NBA draft, they traded their only first-rounder this year.
- LA Lakers grab D'Angelo Russell with 2nd pick in NBA draft Updated: Jun-26-15 1:32 am
EL SEGUNDO, California - The Los Angeles Lakers are betting D'Angelo Russell is ready for Showtime.
- Rockets take Wisconsin's Sam Dekker with 18th pick in draft Updated: Jun-26-15 1:30 am
HOUSTON - When Sam Dekker gets back home after his trip to New York for the NBA draft he might throw out some of the winter clothes he's had to wear for most of his life.
- LA Lakers select Wyoming's Larry Nance Jr. with 27th pick Updated: Jun-26-15 1:28 am
EL SEGUNDO, California - The Los Angeles Lakers chose Larry Nance Jr. with the 27th overall pick in the NBA draft on Thursday night, only to learn the Wyoming forward sent out a critical tweet about Kobe Bryant three years ago.
- Joy in Minnesota after Timberwolves take Towns, Tyus Updated: Jun-26-15 1:27 am
MINNEAPOLIS - More than 8,000 Minnesota Timberwolves fans filed into Target Center on Thursday night, knowing that Karl-Anthony Towns was coming. They hoped Tyus Jones might be sticking around, too.
- Hawks acquire Hardaway Jr. in draft-night trade with Knicks Updated: Jun-26-15 1:26 am
ATLANTA - As names started coming off his draft board, Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer didn't see a player who excited him at the 15th or the 19th spot.
- Knicks select Latvian forward Porzingis 4th in NBA draft Updated: Jun-26-15 1:20 am
GREENBURGH, New York - In his first offseason leading the New York Knicks, Phil Jackson came up short trying to land Pau Gasol. Jackson may have landed his multifaceted forward a year later with Kristaps Porzingis of Latvia.
- Hawks draft shooting guard Eriksson in 2nd round Updated: Jun-26-15 1:11 am
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Hawks have drafted shooting guard Marcus Eriksson of Sweden with the 50th pick of the NBA draft.
- Pelicans trade rights to 56th pick Michigan State F Dawson Updated: Jun-26-15 1:05 am
METAIRIE, Louisiana - The New Orleans Pelicans traded the rights Thursday night to its only NBA draft pick.
- Mavs get Anderson from Virginia, Carlisle alma mater, at 21 Updated: Jun-26-15 1:02 am
DALLAS - Justin Anderson offered enough of what Dallas wanted for the Mavericks to stay put with their first-round pick in the NBA draft for the first time in nine years.