- Troopers investigate death of Palmer man Updated: Dec-11-13 1:08 pm
- Fresno County supervisors move to ban pot farms Updated: Dec-11-13 9:19 am
- Nearly 1,900 pounds of marijuana seized in Ariz. Updated: Dec-11-13 5:09 am
- Uruguay OK's first national market for legal pot Updated: Dec-10-13 9:14 pm
- 1,700 pot business applications received in Wash. Updated: Dec-10-13 3:24 pm
- Colorado Editorial Roundup Updated: Dec-10-13 11:32 am
- Man sentenced in plot to sell marijuana Updated: Dec-09-13 8:50 pm
- Pot shops struggle to find child-resistant bags Updated: Dec-08-13 5:49 pm
- Woman's Christian Temperance Union targeting pot Updated: Dec-08-13 11:12 am
- Party celebrates Washington pot anniversary Updated: Dec-06-13 9:02 pm
- Officials find marijuana at Omaha skate shop Updated: Dec-06-13 6:41 pm
- Thousands of dollars of synthetic pot seized in NJ Updated: Dec-06-13 5:06 pm
- Marijuana, ATVs abandoned on Arizona reservation Updated: Dec-06-13 3:11 pm
- Pot clinic owner now mayor of California city Updated: Dec-06-13 12:59 pm
- Warwick firm gets OK to help marijuana patients Updated: Dec-06-13 7:31 am
- Marijuana found at Arizona wildlife refuge Updated: Dec-06-13 5:07 am
- Mexico slaying suspect was in Calif. jail 4 months Updated: Dec-05-13 9:26 pm
- Medical marijuana question before Supreme Court Updated: Dec-05-13 12:38 pm
- Jamaica scientist launches medical marijuana firm Updated: Dec-04-13 7:07 pm
- Pot license backlog dogs Colorado regulators Updated: Dec-04-13 9:55 am
- 4 ex-SMU fraternity brothers get prison over drugs Updated: Dec-03-13 7:52 am
- Denver backs off porch pot ban Updated: Dec-02-13 10:16 pm
- Border Patrol seizes $160K in marijuana Updated: Dec-02-13 7:53 pm
- Conn. university to test pot for contaminants Updated: Dec-01-13 1:05 pm
- Iowa lawmaker still seeking medical marijuana law Updated: Dec-01-13 10:32 am
PALMER, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers say they're investigating the death of a 60-year-old Palmer man found on the site of a marijuana grow.
FRESNO, California - Fresno County supervisors have taken the first step toward banning marijuana growing countywide.
NOGALES, Arizona - Federal authorities say a Mexican man is in custody for allegedly trying to smuggle nearly 1,900 pounds of marijuana into southern Arizona in a shipment of squash.
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - Uruguay's Senate gave final congressional approval Tuesday to create the world's first national marketplace for legal marijuana, an audacious experiment that will have the government oversee production, sales and consumption of a drug illegal almost everywhere else.
OLYMPIA, Washington - Marijuana business license applications keep rolling in in Washington.
A sampling of recent editorials from Colorado newspapers:
GREENBELT, Maryland - A Silver Spring man has been sentenced to 11 years in prison in a plot to sell more than 1,500 pounds of marijuana in Montgomery County.
DENVER - Several owners of recreational marijuana businesses in Colorado say they are having a hard time finding vendors that make child-resistant packaging, which will be required when the stores open Jan. 1.
PORTLAND, Maine - The mansion that serves as Maine headquarters of the Woman's Christian Temperance Union lay largely fallow until recently, with drug needles, liquor bottles and pornographic magazines littering the grounds. Now, in the state where Prohibition had its roots and in a city that just legalized recreational marijuana, the WCTU is overhauling the building and looking to reinvent itself.
SEATTLE - Crowds of people bundled in winter coats celebrated the anniversary of marijuana legalization in Washington state Friday by sparking up at a city-sanctioned party under Seattle's Space Needle.
OMAHA, Nebraska - Authorities say the owner of a west Omaha skate shop faces charges in connection with the discovery of 18 pounds of marijuana at his business.
ELIZABETH, New Jersey - Authorities have seized thousands of dollars of synthetic marijuana from an Elizabeth man's home and the store where he worked.
TUCSON, Arizona - Border Patrol agents found four all-terrain vehicles and over 1,500 pounds of marijuana abandoned in the desert on the Tohono O'odham Indian Reservation west of Tucson.
SEBASTOPOL, California - A medical marijuana dispensary owner has been named mayor of a small Northern California city in the heart of pot country.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Warwick business has received initial state approval to become the first Rhode Island business to help patients seeking to join the state's growing medical marijuana program.
WELLTON, Arizona - U.S. Border Patrol agents say they found more than 400 pounds of marijuana in several backpacks at a wildlife refuge in southwestern Arizona.
SACRAMENTO, California - A man wanted in the slayings of eight Mexican municipal government officials was held in a California jail for four months on drug charges, officials said Thursday, but overcrowding forced his release before authorities made a connection to the 13-year-old killings.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Supreme Court listened to 60 minutes of arguments Thursday over 74 words that could let voters decide whether to allow marijuana use for medical reasons.
KINGSTON, Jamaica - A prominent Jamaican scientist and entrepreneur is launching a company that aims to capitalize on medical marijuana, a growing global industry that he asserted Wednesday could be a boon for the island's chronically limping economy.
DENVER - As Colorado prepares for recreational pot sales in less than a month, state marijuana regulators are still battling an enormous backlog issuing licenses for medical marijuana.
DALLAS - Four former fraternity brothers at Southern Methodist University have been sentenced to prison over a North Texas hydroponic marijuana ring.
DENVER - Denver officials have backed off a plan to prohibit marijuana use on front porches and in front yards.
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - U.S. Border Patrol agents have seized nearly $160,000 worth of marijuana in two separate drug busts over the holiday weekend in southern New Mexico.
WEST HAVEN, Connecticut - The microscope at the University of New Haven, set at 10-times magnification, shows a marijuana leaf covered with dozens of tiny bumps. It's mold, and someone, somewhere could be smoking similarly contaminated pot and not have a clue.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Legalizing medical marijuana will again be debated in the upcoming legislative session, though Iowa lawmakers have so far been loath to embrace a policy that is spreading in much of the country.