- Angels name manager for Arkansas Travelers Updated: Dec-10-13 5:34 pm
- Ted Turner wants namesake ballpark as green space Updated: Dec-10-13 12:33 pm
- Weather Channel considers plans for headquarters Updated: Dec-10-13 12:25 pm
- Notre Dame to play Rutgers in Pinstripe Bowl Updated: Dec-08-13 1:06 am
- St. Louis court gets 2006 World Series ticket case Updated: Dec-04-13 10:44 am
- Rogers buys naming rights to Oilers' future home Updated: Dec-03-13 4:50 pm
- Owner: Potomac Nationals closer to new stadium Updated: Dec-02-13 7:07 am
- Balloons steal show at NYC parade after wind fears Updated: Nov-28-13 5:07 pm
- Former Sox player gives $100K for tornado relief Updated: Nov-28-13 3:30 pm
- Ex-Tigers manager takes 'grand' new gig in Detroit Updated: Nov-28-13 1:51 pm
- Citizens' group asks to delay Braves stadium plan Updated: Nov-25-13 8:28 pm
- Ex-White Sox scout sentenced in kickback scheme Updated: Nov-22-13 6:03 pm
- Lundqvist makes 41 saves, Rangers top Stars 3-2 Updated: Nov-22-13 1:00 am
- UNH, town, pay $16K for World Series crowd control Updated: Nov-20-13 7:04 am
- Tea party group to mobilize against Braves stadium Updated: Nov-18-13 5:31 pm
- Rangers shut out Canadiens 1-0 Updated: Nov-16-13 11:32 pm
- New tenants for Ballpark Village announced Updated: Nov-14-13 1:58 pm
- Jefferson carries Bobcats past Celtics, 89-83 Updated: Nov-13-13 11:23 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Los Angeles Angels have announced that longtime minor league manager and coach Phillip Wellman will manage the 2014 Arkansas Travelers.
ATLANTA - Ted Turner says he's shocked the Braves are moving out of the ballpark named after him in downtown Atlanta.
ATLANTA - A significant investment is needed for The Weather Channel to remain at its current headquarters in suburban Atlanta, an executive said Tuesday.
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Notre Dame is going to make its first postseason appearance at Yankee Stadium.
ST. LOUIS - The Missouri Court of Appeals Eastern District has returned two lawsuits arising from police officers' use of 2006 World Series tickets to a St. Louis court.
EDMONTON, Alberta - Rogers Communications has bought the naming rights to the future home of the Edmonton Oilers, expanding its already wide reach in Canadian professional sports.
WOODBRIDGE, Virginia - The owner of a Washington Nationals minor league affiliate says the team is "pretty darn close" to a naming rights contract for a new ballpark in northern Virginia.
NEW YORK - Revelers at this year's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade gave thanks for the giant balloons that flew above the city streets Thursday after a blustery storm accompanied by high winds nearly grounded them for only the second time in the parade's 87-year history.
CHICAGO - A former Chicago White Sox star is donating $100,000 to help rebuild a central Illinois town devastated by a recent tornado.
DETROIT - Jim Leyland may no longer be manager of the Detroit Tigers, but he picked up another high-profile position in the city.
MARIETTA, Georgia - A coalition of wide-ranging citizens groups has asked Cobb County officials to delay a decision on spending hundreds of millions of public dollars to build a stadium for Major League Baseball's Atlanta Braves.
CHICAGO - A federal judge has sentenced a former Chicago White Sox scout to eight months in prison in a kickback scheme that targeted players from Latin America.
DURHAM, New Hampshire - The University of New Hampshire and town of Durham spent a combined $16,000 responding to a rowdy crowd on Main Street after the Red Sox won the World Series.
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Tea Party is gearing up to oppose the new Atlanta Braves stadium being planned in Cobb County, arguing the $672 million project is a bad deal for taxpayers.
MONTREAL - Cam Talbot grew up as a fan of Montreal Canadiens goaltending star Patrick Roy.
ST. LOUIS - For decades, Cardinals fans have made the drive to Ted Drewes frozen custard stand for an after-ballgame treat. Starting next season, it will be a short walk away.
BOSTON - Charlotte's Al Jefferson got his usual nice round of applause from Boston fans during pregame introductions. Then he showed why they liked him so much when he wore green.