- Cubs minor leaguer Griggs suspended 50 games for drug test Updated: Nov-25-15 1:01 pm
NEW YORK - Chicago Cubs pitcher Tanner Griggs has been suspended for the first 50 games of next season after a positive test for amphetamine under baseball's minor league drug program.
- Atlanta reveals 3 bidders for Turner Field redevelopment Updated: Nov-24-15 10:57 am
ATLANTA - Three groups, including Georgia State University, have submitted bids to acquire all or part of Turner Field, according to the recreation authority overseeing the sale and redevelopment of the ballpark.
- Schilling subpoena approved, but it's not clear he'll get it Updated: Nov-23-15 5:11 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A subpoena was approved Monday compelling former Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling to appear before a committee probing Rhode Island's $75 million deal with his failed video game company. But the subpoena is not enforceable outside the state and Schilling lives in neighboring Massachusetts, so it's unclear whether he will ever be served with it.
- Top Cardinals pitching prospect Reyes suspended 50 games Updated: Nov-09-15 9:24 pm
NEW YORK - St. Louis Cardinals right-hander Alex Reyes, one of the top pitching prospects in baseball, was suspended for 50 games under baseball's minor league drug program following a second positive test for a drug of abuse on Monday.
- Andre Dawson to be honored at Louisville Slugger museum Updated: Nov-09-15 5:01 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Former baseball great Andre Dawson will receive a "Living Legend" award at the Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory.
- Atlanta United shifts training facility to different site Updated: Nov-06-15 6:30 pm
ATLANTA - Atlanta United FC has dropped plans to build a $35 million training facility east of the city.
- Tigers' JaCoby Jones suspended 50 games for drug of abuse Updated: Nov-05-15 4:56 pm
NEW YORK - Detroit Tigers shortstop JaCoby Jones has been suspended for 50 games following a positive test for a drug of abuse under baseball's minor league drug program.
- Kansas Jayhawks hope to model turnaround on Royals' success Updated: Nov-05-15 5:54 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - When the Royals put away the Mets to win their first World Series championship in three decades on Sunday night, Massachusetts Street not far from the Kansas campus erupted in celebration.
- Royals celebration shatters expectations in Kansas City Updated: Nov-04-15 6:54 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The crowd that flooded downtown Kansas City to celebrate the Royals' first World Series championship in 30 years shattered expectations, officials said Wednesday.
- Weather radar picks up flurry of fireworks after Royals win Updated: Nov-02-15 7:21 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City erupted in a half-hour flurry of fireworks after the Royals won the World Series, and the National Weather Service has radar images to prove it.