- Fire destroys another Heidelberg house in Detroit Updated: Mar-07-14 11:28 am
- Ann Arbor sends art money back into city services Updated: Mar-04-14 9:38 am
- 'Creepy' statue still recalled long after removal Updated: Mar-01-14 11:17 am
- Tucson, Ariz.: 5 free things to see and do Updated: Feb-27-14 2:07 pm
- Report: Philly's public art needs more attention Updated: Feb-26-14 4:17 pm
- Art museum taps veteran curator to lead endeavors Updated: Feb-25-14 10:05 am
- Highland Park unveils ice sculpture of Jason Brown Updated: Feb-14-14 6:15 pm
DETROIT - A house covered in stuffed animals and dolls that was a key part of the Heidelberg Project in Detroit became the latest casualty Friday in a 10-month string of suspicious fires that has devastated much of the long-running interactive outdoor art installation.
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - The Ann Arbor City Council has voted to send roughly $943,000 in unspent money for art back into city services such as road work and water system infrastructure.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Merle Hay Mall was the place to be for Des Moines kids before suburban malls, so an unsettling piece of public art displayed there from 1974 until it was quietly placed in storage in the 1990s was forever burnished into their memory.
TUCSON, Arizona - Nicknamed "Old Pueblo," Tucson, Arizona, is a city with many faces. It's a college town. It's an artist town. It's even still a Wild West town. Every February, southern Arizona's biggest city, located 115 miles (185 kilometers) below Phoenix, keeps schools open on President's Day but closes them later in the week for the annual Tucson Rodeo Parade.
PHILADELPHIA - A city official says Philadelphia needs to keep better track of its public artwork.
INDIANAPOLIS - As a curator at the St. Louis Art Museum, Tricia Paik kept tabs on her peers at the Indianapolis Museum of Art and even traveled to Indianapolis in 2012 to check out the Virginia B. Fairbanks Art & Nature Park - the site west of the IMA known as "100 Acres."
HIGHLAND PARK, Illinois - Olympic figure skater Jason Brown's hometown has honored him with a 10-foot tall ice sculpture.