- Adidas, Kia don't join US brands in demanding Blatter quits Updated: Oct-03-15 7:39 am
ZURICH - Clinging to power after rebuffing resignation demands, Sepp Blatter received some respite Saturday when two sponsors declined to join four other FIFA corporate backers in demanding the president of world soccer's governing body goes before the emergency election in February.
- Russia lacks hotels for 2018 World Cup, minister says Updated: Sep-29-15 3:06 pm
MOSCOW - Russia's Sports Minister Vitaly Mutko says a lack of hotel accommodation for teams and officials is a major problem facing 2018 World Cup organizers.
- Swiss agree to extradite Costa Rican to US in FIFA case Updated: Sep-29-15 10:21 am
BERN, Switzerland - Switzerland's justice ministry on Tuesday granted an American request to extradite former Costa Rican soccer federation president Eduardo Li in the FIFA bribery case.
- Q&A: What's ahead for FIFA after week of turmoil Updated: Sep-18-15 1:54 pm
GENEVA - A lame duck president who can't travel freely and a top administrator suspended and placed on leave.
- Blatter rallies FIFA staff after cutting ties with Valcke Updated: Sep-18-15 12:09 pm
GENEVA - Sepp Blatter tried to rally the troops at FIFA headquarters after the suspension of his top deputy, insisting soccer's embattled world governing body would withstand the latest wave of corruption allegations.
- Putin marks 1,000 days to World Cup without Valcke Updated: Sep-18-15 5:46 am
MOSCOW - Russia is marking 1,000 days to go until the 2018 World Cup, but FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke is absent after being suspended from his duties.
- Kosovo set to gain entry into European soccer competitions Updated: Sep-15-15 10:19 am
ST. JULIAN'S, Malta - Kosovo can take a step closer to joining UEFA this week, a move that could lead to a place in 2018 World Cup qualifying.
- Russia's slowest WCup stadium starts construction Updated: Sep-12-15 10:29 am
MOSCOW - Construction has finally started on the most delayed of Russia's stadiums for the 2018 World Cup.
- AP Photos: 2018 World Cup host Russia looks for future stars Updated: Sep-11-15 7:27 am
MOSCOW - As Russia prepares to host the 2018 World Cup, it is already looking to a future generation of soccer stars.
- 2018 World Cup qualifier: Australia 5, Bangladesh 0 Updated: Sep-03-15 9:38 am
PERTH, Australia - Australia scored four times in the opening half hour before going on to beat Bangladesh 5-0 on Thursday in an Asian confederation qualifying match for the 2018 World Cup.