- Serbia shocked by UEFA decision to accept Kosovo Updated: May-03-16 11:56 am
BELGRADE, Serbia - Serbia reacted with outrage against UEFA's decision to accept the former province of Kosovo as its 55th member, saying on Tuesday it will fight the decision by all legal means.
- Kosovo elected as UEFA member in 28-24 vote Updated: May-03-16 9:07 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Kosovo was given UEFA membership Tuesday, and could now be fast-tracked into FIFA and the 2018 World Cup qualifying program.
- Sports court orders FIFA to admit Gibraltar as member Updated: May-02-16 11:34 am
GENEVA - FIFA has been ordered by sport's highest court to accept Gibraltar as a member, opening the national team's path to play in the 2018 World Cup qualifying program.
- FIFA to stage video replay trial workshop next month Updated: Apr-22-16 9:11 am
ZURICH - FIFA says it has invited leagues and federations interested in running video replay trials to inspect the technology next month.
- New FIFA head tries out his Russian in meeting with Putin Updated: Apr-20-16 1:53 pm
MOSCOW - Russian President Vladimir Putin has met with new FIFA president Gianni Infantino, who tried out a few phrases he has learned to say in Russian during his visit to check on preparations for the 2018 World Cup.
- Okubo making case for return to Japan team with record goals Updated: Apr-17-16 6:11 am
TOKYO - Veteran striker Yoshito Okubo is overcoming age and the occasional injury scare to make a case for inclusion in Japan's national team while re-writing the J-League record books.
- FIFA adviser: Strip nations of World Cups over rights abuses Updated: Apr-14-16 11:07 am
World Cups should be removed from countries failing to eradicate human rights abuses, a report commissioned by FIFA in response to concerns about the mistreatment of workers in Qatar said Thursday.
- Australia, Japan in Group B for Asian World Cup qualifying Updated: Apr-12-16 6:51 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Asian Cup champion Australia and Japan have been grouped together in the last round of Asian qualifying for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
- Argentina regains FIFA rankings lead from Belgium Updated: Apr-07-16 5:14 am
ZURICH - Argentina has regained the lead in FIFA's world rankings with South America's top teams surging after playing World Cup qualifying matches.
- Completion date for Sochi World Cup stadium slips back Updated: Apr-05-16 12:55 pm
MOSCOW - The official completion date of Sochi's stadium for the 2018 World Cup has slipped back five months to November, the second such delay for a Russian World Cup venue in the last week.