- Restitution ordered over dead, dying animals Updated: Apr-18-14 10:49 am
- Woman charged with animal cruelty Updated: Apr-18-14 3:05 am
- St. Louis man gets 4-year term for burning dog Updated: Apr-17-14 12:59 pm
- Oregon appeals court affirms dogs are property Updated: Apr-17-14 9:43 am
- No leads in Gunbarrel dog poisonings Updated: Apr-17-14 8:49 am
- Rifle seized after squirrel shooting in Milford Updated: Apr-17-14 7:22 am
- Dog-sled operator pleads not guilty to cruelty Updated: Apr-16-14 9:38 pm
- Millstone goat farmer admits improper care Updated: Apr-16-14 6:34 am
- 150-plus birds seized at fighting venue in W.Va. Updated: Apr-16-14 2:34 am
- 1 plans to plead guilty in Ala. dog fighting case Updated: Apr-15-14 1:07 pm
- Operator of Kane County mini zoo gives up goats Updated: Apr-15-14 12:43 pm
- 2 in W.Va. cited for hosting cockfighting Updated: Apr-15-14 2:19 am
- Woman fined in Harrison Co. rabbit seizure case Updated: Apr-14-14 2:04 am
- Broadwater officials bring animal cruelty charges Updated: Apr-13-14 4:59 pm
- Oneida County triple homicide still unsolved Updated: Apr-13-14 12:52 pm
- Ga. man sentenced to 5 years for attacking pet pig Updated: Apr-10-14 7:52 pm
- Animal cruelty conviction for owner of Kelly home Updated: Apr-10-14 6:58 pm
- Neb. couple in cruelty case barred from animals Updated: Apr-09-14 7:08 pm
- 49 dead horses removed from Ky. farm Updated: Apr-09-14 12:54 pm
- Woman convicted of 22 counts of animal cruelty Updated: Apr-08-14 8:44 pm
- Emaciated dogs seized from Pinal County home Updated: Apr-08-14 1:29 pm
- Petition started to keep Jets' Vick away from camp Updated: Apr-08-14 1:38 am
- 10 years for guilty plea to abusing stolen puppy Updated: Apr-05-14 10:32 pm
- NY man arrested on charges he drowned dog Updated: Apr-05-14 9:02 am
- Officials seize chickens from Sarpy County home Updated: Apr-04-14 8:17 pm
RIVERSIDE, California - A Southern California exotic pet breeder who had 20,000 dead and dying rats and reptiles at his business has avoided jail time but was ordered to pay more than $190,000 in restitution.
MIAMI - A Hialeah woman has been charged with 53 counts of animal cruelty.
ST. LOUIS - A St. Louis man has been sentenced to four years in prison for burning a dog alive.
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Oregon Court of Appeals has thrown out the conviction of a Portland-area woman found guilty of starving her dog.
GUNBARREL, Colorado - Authorities say there are still no suspects or motives after as many as three dogs were suspected of eating poisoned meatballs at a Gunbarrel park this week.
MILFORD, Connecticut - Police say they found an unregistered assault rifle and three large-capacity magazines in the home of a Milford man accused of shooting a squirrel.
ASPEN, Colorado - The owner of an Aspen dog-sledding operation has pleaded not guilty to animal cruelty charges, and a judge scheduled a trial for October.
MILLSTONE, New Jersey - The Monmouth County man who owns a goat farm has been told to thin the herd after he admitted improperly caring for animals.
OAKVALE, West Virginia - Law enforcement officials who cited two Mercer County brothers for staging cockfights say they seized six fighting roosters and more than 150 birds.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - One of the 14 people charged in connection with a multi-state dog fighting investigation has filed notice that he plans to plead guilty.
ST. CHARLES, Illinois - A northern Illinois petting zoo owner charged with animal cruelty and neglect has agreed to give up the last of 94 starved and sick animals impounded by Kane County Animal Control.
OAKVALE, West Virginia - West Virginia State Police say they've cited two brothers with staging cockfighting.
CLARKSBURG, West Virginia - A Harrison County woman has been fined $900 after pleading guilty to animal cruelty in a rabbit seizure case.
HELENA, Montana - The owners of a horse boarding operation southeast of Helena have each been charged with 35 counts of animal cruelty.
POCATELLO, Idaho - Oneida County Sheriff Jeff Semrad was in Colorado about a year ago when he received the darkest phone call of his 31-year career in law enforcement. Three people had been found murdered in a remote farmhouse near the tiny community of Holbrook.
SPRINGFIELD, Georgia - An eastern Georgia man accused of stabbing a pet pig nearly two dozen times has been sentenced to five years in prison.
PHILADELPHIA - An elderly woman has pleaded no contest to animal cruelty charges in what authorities say was a cat-hoarding situation in Hollywood icon Grace Kelly's childhood home.
FREMONT, Nebraska - A Dodge County couple accused of animal cruelty has been barred from owning animals for 20 years.
FALMOUTH, Kentucky - A Pendleton County man has been cited after animal control officers removed 49 horse carcasses and 15 emaciated horses from his farm.
PUEBLO, Colorado - A 57-year-old woman has been convicted of 22 counts of animal cruelty after authorities seized more than 60 animals from her farm east of Pueblo.
MARICOPA, Arizona - Pinal County animal control officers seized six emaciated dogs they found at a home in a rural area southwest of Maricopa.
NEW YORK - A petition seeking to ban quarterback Michael Vick from New York Jets' training camp at SUNY Cortland this summer because of his dogfighting-related crimes had over 2,600 signatures as of late Monday night.
LAKE CHARLES, Louisiana - A 21-year-old Lake Charles man must serve at least four years and four months of a 10-year sentence for stealing and abusing a puppy, a state district judge says.
GLENS FALLS, New York - Police say an upstate New York man has been arrested after he bound his girlfriend's dog and drowned it in the Hudson River.
OMAHA, Nebraska - Officials say more than 15 chickens and other animals have been seized from a house in Sarpy County.