- Authorities: Man charged after dog tests positive for meth Updated: Aug-28-15 8:13 am
JEFFERSON, Georgia - A Jackson County man has been charged after authorities say his dog tested positive for methamphetamine.
- Man gets 4 months in jail for in cutting puppy's ears off Updated: Aug-28-15 7:41 am
SHERWOOD, Arkansas - A Sherwood man been sentenced to four months in jail for cutting off the ears of his 2-month-old puppy.
- Man arrested for pouring acid on pit bull in San Antonio Updated: Aug-26-15 7:14 am
SAN ANTONIO - A man has been arrested after police say he poured acid on a 5-year-old pit bull in southeast San Antonio.
- Humane Society says new videos document walking horse abuse Updated: Aug-25-15 6:53 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Three years after a prominent Tennessee walking horse trainer pleaded guilty to abuse charges following the release of undercover videos, a new horse abuse investigation is under way.
- Authorities bust dogfight as it happens in Chester County Updated: Aug-24-15 3:43 pm
RICHBURG, South Carolina - Authorities say they busted a dogfight as it happened in Chester County and arrested three people.
- Guilford County animal shelter reopens after investigation Updated: Aug-23-15 12:05 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Animals are being adopted again from the Guilford County Animal Shelter, which closed for almost a week following an investigation into charges of cruelty and mismanagement.
- Town official fired after he allegedly poisons bird's nest Updated: Aug-22-15 4:47 pm
WEST MILFORD, New Jersey - A high-ranking official in a northern New Jersey town has been fired for allegedly spraying a robin's nest with pesticide last month, killing two chicks and destroying an egg.
- Jury convicts man of animal cruelty for abusing macaw Updated: Aug-21-15 11:19 pm
GREAT FALLS, Montana - A Great Falls man accused of breaking the leg of a macaw and punching and choking the bird on Thanksgiving has been convicted of felony animal cruelty.
- Dozens of animals removed from Clark County farm Updated: Aug-20-15 11:02 am
NEILLSVILLE, Wisconsin - Sheriff's deputies and animal welfare workers have removed dozens of dogs and six horses from a property in Clark County.
- Man arrested after 6 dogs left alone in his truck in Tucson Updated: Aug-19-15 8:22 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - A man has been accused of animal cruelty after Pima County Sheriff's deputies found six dogs left unattended in his truck in 102-degree weather.
- Man charged with hurting dog for chewing up pillow Updated: Aug-19-15 4:37 pm
SARASOTA, Florida - A southwest Florida man was arrested after authorities say he severely beat his young dog for chewing through a pillow.
- Coalition: Measure aimed at humane treatment of farm animals Updated: Aug-19-15 4:34 pm
BOSTON - Animal advocates launched a campaign Wednesday to put before Massachusetts voters a proposal that would prohibit raising certain farm animals in small cages and crates and would effectively ban the sale of eggs, pork and veal from animals kept in such tight spaces, wherever they are raised.
- Appeals court affirms conviction of Gresham cat hoarder Updated: Aug-19-15 2:17 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Oregon Court of Appeals has upheld the conviction of a woman who neglected more than three dozen cats at her Gresham apartment.
- Police: Second suspect helped dispose of body found in river Updated: Aug-19-15 1:13 pm
PITTSBURGH - A second suspect has been charged in connection with the death of a Pittsburgh man later found in a West Virginia river, and with killing the victim's dog so its blood could be used to contaminate the crime scene.
- Man charged with killing family dog pleads guilty Updated: Aug-19-15 7:16 am
DOVER, New Hampshire - A New Hampshire man who police say fatally shot his dog after he thought it bit his 4-year-old son has pleaded guilty to an animal cruelty charge.
- Long Island farm owner arrested on animal abuse charges Updated: Aug-18-15 11:38 pm
OLD WESTBURY, New York - A farm owner on Long Island has been charged with neglecting dozens of animals, including horses, donkeys and goats.
- Animals found living in squalor in Webster home Updated: Aug-18-15 3:25 pm
WEBSTER, Massachusetts - A Webster woman is facing animal cruelty charges after about 30 dogs, cats and birds were found living in squalor in a home and a dead dog was found outside.
- SI man pleads guilty to animal cruelty Updated: Aug-18-15 7:26 am
NEW YORK - Authorities say a Staten Island man who killed a relative's dog has pleaded guilty to aggravated animal cruelty.
- Princeton man gets 1 year for torturing, killing dog Updated: Aug-17-15 7:07 pm
ELK RIVER, Minnesota - A Princeton man who admitted to torturing and killing his girlfriend's dog has been sentenced to a year in jail but could go free sooner.
- 11 arrested after Arkansas deputies discover cockfighting Updated: Aug-17-15 4:02 pm
MABELVALE, Arkansas - Eleven people face animal fighting charges after Saline County authorities say an anonymous tip led them to find a cockfighting event.
- 'Paws up, don't shoot': Residents protest shooting of dog Updated: Aug-17-15 3:04 am
WINTER PARK, Florida - Protesters have demonstrated in front of the home of a man they say shot a dog in the eye.
- Woman who mistreated horses gets 60 days in jail Updated: Aug-13-15 7:36 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - A Black Forest woman convicted of animal cruelty after authorities found the remains of 14 horses in a barn has been sentenced to 60 days in jail followed by five years of probation.
- NYC man gets a year in jail for brutalizing puppy Updated: Aug-13-15 2:31 pm
NEW YORK - A New York City man has been sentenced to a year in jail for beating his 4-month-old puppy so badly that she had to be euthanized.
- Court date set for rural Nevada woman in puppy slaying case Updated: Aug-13-15 12:52 pm
PAHRUMP, Nevada - A judge set bail at $25,000 and scheduled arraignment next week for a rural Nevada woman accused of abducting and shooting a neighbor's puppy in a revenge killing in the desert 60 miles west of Las Vegas.
- Former Falcons LB Shembo agrees to misdemeanor plea, fine Updated: Aug-12-15 5:23 pm
ATLANTA - Gwinnett County district attorney Danny Porter says former Atlanta Falcons linebacker Prince Shembo has agreed to a misdemeanor plea of cruelty to an animal.