- Mexico City investigates reports of dog poisoning at park Updated: Oct-06-15 3:26 pm
MEXICO CITY - A popular dog run in a picturesque Mexico City park remained closed Tuesday following reported cases of dog poisoning.
- Teen accused of poisoning dog he feared would kill his birds Updated: Oct-06-15 7:44 am
OCALA, Florida - A north Florida teen told authorities he poisoned his neighbor's Jack Russell terrier because he feared it would get into his backyard and attack his guinea fowl.
- 3 Garyville men accused of dogfighting Updated: Oct-06-15 5:02 am
GARYVILLE, Louisiana - The St. John the Baptist Church sheriff's office is accusing three Garyville men of participating in dogfighting.
- MCSO: Worker at Gila Bend dairy farm accused of killing cows Updated: Oct-05-15 6:53 pm
GILA BEND, Arizona - A worker at a dairy farm in Gila Bend is in custody for allegedly killing four cows with a knife and severely injuring five other cows.
- Woman charged, posted pictures of dog's duct-taped mouth Updated: Oct-05-15 12:14 pm
SALISBURY, North Carolina - A Salisbury woman has been charged after authorities say she posted pictures on Facebook showing her dog's mouth sealed with duct tape.
- Jury convicts man of poisoning 9 cats in West Salem Updated: Oct-03-15 3:47 pm
SALEM, Oregon - A jury in Polk County has convicted a man of poisoning cats with antifreeze in West Salem.
- 2 Indiana women mauled by pack of dogs, 1 critically injured Updated: Oct-02-15 5:36 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Two young women mauled by a pack of dogs as they were taking an evening walk may not have survived if a motorist who noticed their ordeal had not driven into a remote field to rescue them, a northern Indiana sheriff said Friday.
- Dozens of seized animals adopted out by Spearfish shelter Updated: Oct-02-15 10:18 am
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - When local police seized 42 dogs and cats destined for a Wisconsin puppy mill on April 25, the Western Hills Humane Society wasn't sure where they'd put all the animals. But, thanks to a little help from their friends, nearly all of the critters have been adopted.
- High court upholds horse owner's animal cruelty conviction Updated: Oct-02-15 7:08 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The state's highest court has upheld a jury conviction for a Vermont man charged with animal cruelty after police found dead and emaciated horses on his property.
- Nevada man who tortured, killed dogs gets up to 28 years Updated: Oct-01-15 8:03 pm
RENO, Nevada - A 25-year-old former presidential scholar and psychology major convicted of torturing, killing and dismembering seven dogs was sentenced to up to 28 years in Nevada state prison Thursday in what the judge, prosecutor and defense lawyer all agreed may be the most horrific crime they have ever seen in their decades of legal practice.
- Vermont man accused of animal cruelty pleads no contest Updated: Oct-01-15 7:05 am
MORRISVILLE, Vermont - A 50-year-old Vermont man has pleaded no contest after humane workers say they found dozens of malnourished animals inside his home living in boxes and cages.
- Judge: Probable cause to seize dogs from Penrose home Updated: Sep-30-15 8:41 pm
CANON CITY, Colorado - A judge has ruled there was probable cause to seize more than three dozen neglected dogs from a Penrose home.
- Siblings plead not guilty to animal cruelty Updated: Sep-30-15 6:38 am
NATCHEZ, Mississippi - Siblings accused of tying a dog to a pipe and leaving it in the summer heat with no food, water or shelter pleaded not guilty in Adams County Justice Court.
- Police, ASPCA raid home to rescue dogs from fight operation Updated: Sep-29-15 4:33 pm
HUNTERSVILLE, North Carolina - Animal control police and the ASPCA have raided a home in Huntersville and seized 23 pit bulls that were being trained to fight.
- Police: Abused horse, burro found at Kingman home Updated: Sep-27-15 12:28 pm
KINGMAN, Arizona - A Kingman woman is facing animal cruelty charges after authorities say they found a sick horse and burro at her home.
- Department clears officer accused of abusing police dog Updated: Sep-25-15 4:54 pm
PHOENIX - A suburban Phoenix police department has cleared an officer accused of abusing a police dog.
- Authorities: More than 300 animals removed from farm Updated: Sep-25-15 6:23 am
BURLINGTON, Michigan - Authorities say more than 300 animals found living in unsanitary conditions with no food and little water were seized from a southern Michigan farm.
- 10 starving dogs rescued from northern Iowa residence Updated: Sep-22-15 1:29 pm
LIVERMORE, Iowa - Authorities have rescued 10 starving dogs from a residence in northern Iowa.
- Dead dogs found on southwest Ohio tracks were hit by train Updated: Sep-22-15 3:46 am
HAMILTON, Ohio - Police in southwestern Ohio say two dogs found on the railroad tracks last week were not killed by animal cruelty, as widely reported on social media.
- Complaint: Green Bay man admits to killing 8 dogs Updated: Sep-18-15 5:44 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - A Green Bay man accused of setting fire to his home and killing eight dogs has been charged.
- Man pleads guilty to shooting over "red beer" ingredients Updated: Sep-18-15 4:19 pm
HAMILTON, Montana - A Hamilton man has pleaded guilty to shooting a bartender and killing his dog because the bartender made a "red beer" with Clamato juice rather than tomato juice.
- Beefcakes the dog to undergo more surgery after shooting Updated: Sep-18-15 5:57 am
BOULDER, Colorado - A pit bull that was shot in July is scheduled to undergo more surgery Monday but is otherwise doing well.
- Cops: New Hampshire man wrongly shot neighbor's pit bull Updated: Sep-18-15 5:20 am
EPPING, New Hampshire - A New Hampshire man says he shot his neighbor's pit bull to protect himself, his wife and his chickens.
- Authorities seize 10 dogs from squalid Rhode Island home Updated: Sep-18-15 5:16 am
WARWICK, Rhode Island - Ten dogs have been seized from a squalid Rhode Island home that an investigator says had feces inches deep and was littered with debris and chewed up mattresses.
- Warm Springs woman convicted of animal cruelty Updated: Sep-18-15 2:32 am
POCAHONTAS, Arkansas - A woman has been found guilty of animal cruelty after 57 animals were removed from her Warm Springs home.