- ND man pleads to animal abuse in seizure case Updated: Dec-05-13 10:22 am
- NM horse abuse case unraveled over evidence Updated: Dec-04-13 9:03 am
- UNR police, others sued over circus animal dispute Updated: Dec-03-13 3:51 pm
- Men get probation for abuse in mother's death Updated: Dec-02-13 2:10 pm
- After boy mauled, Balkan animal cruelty in focus Updated: Dec-02-13 7:59 am
- New Dallas horse park head faced cruelty complaint Updated: Dec-01-13 4:02 pm
- Man throws 2 dogs from truck in Albuquerque Updated: Nov-29-13 8:26 am
- Kan. man pleads no contest to animal cruelty Updated: Nov-28-13 12:23 pm
- 1 of horses seized from Wash. ranch dies Updated: Nov-28-13 12:26 am
- Man gets probation for abuse in wife's death Updated: Nov-27-13 1:44 pm
- Marijuana probe leads to dog-fighting charge Updated: Nov-26-13 6:11 am
- Woman who filmed alleged animal abuse charged Updated: Nov-24-13 5:11 pm
- SLED: 13 arrested in Rembert dogfighting raid Updated: Nov-24-13 12:23 pm
- New animal cruelty task force established Updated: Nov-23-13 1:16 pm
- Minn. man charged with felony animal fighting Updated: Nov-23-13 12:44 pm
- Volunteers work to save abused horses Updated: Nov-23-13 1:41 am
- S. Ore. man gets 15 days in jail for shooting dog Updated: Nov-22-13 3:57 pm
- Is a fighting rooster a chicken? Updated: Nov-22-13 10:23 am
- Gardnerville man arrested after shooting dog Updated: Nov-22-13 6:14 am
- Man indicted on animal cruelty charges Updated: Nov-21-13 6:10 pm
- Kan. woman won't pay all restitution in horse case Updated: Nov-21-13 9:29 am
- Animal welfare group accuses Ga. school of cruelty Updated: Nov-20-13 7:22 pm
- Couple could face charges in dog hoarding case Updated: Nov-20-13 10:46 am
- No sentence change for SD horse abuse convict Updated: Nov-20-13 9:20 am
- Aurora bird hoarder pleads guilty, gets probation Updated: Nov-18-13 3:43 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - Sentencing has been scheduled Jan. 6 for a North Dakota man accused of neglecting about 170 dogs at an apparent puppy mill at his rural Wheatland home.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The case against a Los Lunas feedlot operator unraveled when a paid expert veterinarian was unable to say several dying horses were victims of abuse.
RENO, Nevada - Lawyers for the University of Nevada, Reno, say they'll produce the security videotape animal rights activists claim will prove their First Amendment rights were violated when they were threatened with arrest in 2011 while trying to photograph alleged mistreatment of circus elephants.
PHOENIX - Two men who admitted to abuse in their mother's death in a filthy van carrying 35 emaciated animals were each sentenced to two years of probation.
BUCHAREST, Romania - A litter of puppies wrapped in a blanket and set on fire. A dog roaming the streets with its jaw hacked off. Cats found at the bottom of an apartment block, spines snapped.
DALLAS - A new Dallas equestrian park receiving $12 million in taxpayer funds will be managed by a man who was once accused of inadequately caring for horses on his nonprofit group's ranch.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Animal welfare officers in Albuquerque are trying to locate a man who threw two dogs from a pickup truck onto a street.
JUNCTION CITY, Kansas - A Junction City man has pleaded no contest to animal cruelty over the treatment of his girlfriend's cat, which was found dead with items stuffed in its throat.
SPOKANE, Washington - A Spokane County animal welfare agency says one of more than 60 horses seized earlier this month from an area ranch has died.
PHOENIX - A man who admitted to abuse in his wife's death in the back of a filthy van carrying 35 emaciated animals has been sentenced to two years of probation.
GULFPORT, Mississippi - Gulfport police say a woman arrested on a drug-distribution charge later tried to prevent officers from arresting her boyfriend on a dog-fighting charge.
GREELEY, Colorado - A woman who secretly filmed a video showing calves being dragged, kicked and thrown at a northeastern Colorado cattle company in an attempt to expose animal abuse has been charged with animal cruelty herself.
REMBERT, South Carolina - More than a dozen people have been arrested and 19 animals have been seized as part of a dogfighting investigation in Rembert.
MARYSVILLE, Ohio - A new animal cruelty task force in Ohio is intended to help overburdened humane societies respond to calls of animal neglect and abuse.
MINNEAPOLIS - A 34-year-old Minneapolis man is accused of organizing a dog fighting ring and breeding dogs in at least eight locations.
RIVERVIEW, Florida - They have heartwarming stories of victory over torture, starvation and abandonment. But some days there are no smiles. Just desperate attempts by dedicated volunteers to right the horrific wrongs inflicted on their charges.
MEDFORD, Oregon - A Medford man who shot and killed his dog after it defecated on the carpet is spending 15 days in jail.
VILLE PLATTE, Louisiana - Is a fighting rooster a chicken?
GARDNERVILLE, Nevada - Douglas County sheriff's deputies have arrested a Gardnerville man who allegedly fired dozens of rounds at his dog, killing him.
QUINCY, Massachusetts - A man held on $500,000 bail in the fatal torture of a dog has been indicted on 12 counts of animal abuse, moving his case to Superior Court.
HUTCHINSON, Kansas - A judge has ordered a Hutchinson woman to pay half of the restitution the state sought from her after she was found guilty of neglecting several horses.
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Animal welfare officials are accusing Georgia Regents University of performing unnecessary dental implant procedures on dogs, then euthanizing them.
NORTH VERNON, Indiana - Prosecutors are weighing whether to charge a southern Indiana couple after investigators found nearly 80 dogs in a small home filled with urine and feces.
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A judge has refused for now to modify the sentence of a western South Dakota woman convicted of mistreating horses.
AURORA, Illinois - An Aurora man has pleaded guilty to animal hoarding and cruelty charges after nearly 500 birds were found in his suburban Chicago home.