- Iowa judge says sheriff's office to return horses Updated: Mar-06-14 2:40 pm
- Bill to make cockfighting a felony moves forward Updated: Mar-06-14 11:10 am
- S. Indiana man ordered to pay for horses' care Updated: Mar-06-14 8:14 am
- Dead animals lead to animal cruelty charges Updated: Mar-06-14 4:05 am
- 4 people accused of child abuse in Bullhead City Updated: Mar-05-14 9:22 pm
- Officer charged with killing girlfriend's puppy Updated: Mar-05-14 5:05 pm
- Georgia man accused of dropping dog from balcony Updated: Mar-05-14 3:19 pm
- Dead deer found at Vt.'s Santa's Land holiday park Updated: Mar-04-14 3:55 pm
- 2 plead not guilty to abusing cows Updated: Mar-04-14 12:39 pm
- Deaths of 25 sheep probed after California storm Updated: Mar-04-14 9:57 am
- Indiana man accused of stomping rabbit to death Updated: Mar-04-14 8:31 am
- Man charged in shooting of dog that attacked child Updated: Mar-03-14 3:37 pm
- 29 people accused of cockfighting in Desha County Updated: Mar-03-14 9:59 am
- Dead horses found on Ga. farm, man facing charges Updated: Mar-02-14 1:31 pm
- After 13 dogs found dead in fire, NY man charged Updated: Mar-01-14 7:31 pm
- Jefferson County raids animal breeding site Updated: Mar-01-14 4:41 pm
- Man acknowledges abusing dairy calves Updated: Mar-01-14 2:09 pm
- Hillsboro police investigate dog beating incident Updated: Mar-01-14 2:02 pm
- 3 arrested on charges of neglecting dairy cattle Updated: Mar-01-14 3:05 am
- Idaho governor signs bill to outlaw dairy spying Updated: Feb-28-14 5:22 pm
- SE Iowa man faces more animal neglect charges Updated: Feb-28-14 2:41 pm
- Suburban NY SPCA is forming Animal Cruelty Watch Updated: Feb-28-14 11:55 am
- Las Cruces police arrest Border Patrol agent Updated: Feb-28-14 9:10 am
- Sitka man sentenced for putting out bear poison Updated: Feb-28-14 6:13 am
- Boys in video beating arrested for animal abuse Updated: Feb-27-14 4:25 pm
KEOKUK, Iowa - A district court judge says the Lee County Sheriff's Office erred in its seizure of 37 horses from a southeast Iowa farm and the department must return them to their owner, who still faces charges of animal neglect.
SALT LAKE CITY - A bill to make cockfighting a felony instead of just a misdemeanor is moving forward in the Utah Legislature.
MADISON, Indiana - A southern Indiana judge has ordered a man facing animal cruelty charges to pay the county's costs of caring for dozens of horses found in poor condition on properties he owns.
MAPLE PARK, Illinois - The Kane County sheriff's office says it arrested a suburban Chicago woman after finding 10 dead animals and others that were malnourished on a pair of farms.
BULLHEAD CITY, Arizona - Authorities in northwestern Arizona have arrested four people on suspicion of child abuse and animal neglect.
BALTIMORE - A Baltimore police officer beat and choked his girlfriend's 7-month-old puppy and texted her a photo of the dog's body, authorities said Wednesday.
NORCROSS, Georgia - Police in suburban Atlanta say a man accused of throwing his 2-year-old dog from a second-floor balcony has been charged with animal cruelty.
PUTNEY, Vermont - More than a dozen dead deer have been found at Santa's Land, a holiday-themed amusement park in Southern Vermont, and the owner and a caretaker have been accused of animal cruelty.
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Two of the four people charged with mistreating cows while working at a Brown County dairy farm have pleaded not guilty to charges.
SAN LUIS OBISPO, California - The San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's Department is investigating after a pair of hikers reported finding about two dozen dead and dying sheep near Nacimiento Lake.
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - A Fort Wayne man has been arrested after police say he stomped his children's pet rabbit to death.
NEW BRITAIN, Connecticut - A man who allegedly shot and killed his pet dog after it attacked his son has been charged with animal cruelty, police said Monday.
KELSO, Arkansas - The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission says officers have discovered a suspected cockfighting operation in Desha County.
FORT VALLEY, Georgia - Sheriff's officials say a middle Georgia man is facing 16 counts of animal cruelty after investigators found starving horses and dead animals on his property.
MINEOLA, New York - Thirteen pit bulls were found dead in a one-car garage that went up in flames and a New York man is facing 18 counts of felony and misdemeanor animal fighting charges.
JEFFERSON, Arkansas - Authorities in Jefferson County say they have confiscated 140 dogs, 20 horses and other animals from an animal breeding operation.
GREELEY, Colorado - The second of three men accused of dragging, kicking and throwing calves at a northeastern Colorado cattle company has pleaded guilty to animal cruelty.
HILLSBORO, Oregon - Hillsboro police are investigating a Washington County animal control officer over a dog beating incident earlier this week.
GRACEVILLE, Florida - Three Holmes County residents are charged with animal cruelty for allegedly neglecting a herd of 90 dairy cattle.
BOISE, Idaho - Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter signed a bill Friday that imposes jail time and fines against people who secretly film animal abuse at Idaho's agricultural facilities.
DRAKESVILLE, Iowa - A southeast Iowa man has been arrested on more than three dozen charges related to more than 300 animals found at his home.
CARMEL, New York - A suburban New York SPCA is forming a neighborhood watch program designed to guard against animal cruelty.
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - A Border Patrol agent in Las Cruces is accused of threatening his family with a gun, shoving his wife and shooting the family dog.
SITKA, Alaska - A Sitka golf course employee who tried to poison bears but instead killed two dogs has been sentenced to 30 days in jail.
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis County police say they have arrested two juveniles on suspicion of animal abuse in response to a Facebook video of a boy beating a puppy.