- Over 80 dead calves found on 2 Kenosha County farms Updated: May-23-15 12:23 pm
BRIGHTON, Wisconsin - Authorities are investigating potential animal abuse on two farms where over 80 dead calves were found amid deplorable conditions, the Kenosha County Sheriff's Department said Saturday.
- Utah man denies part in Idaho triple slaying Updated: May-21-15 2:38 pm
POCATELLO, Idaho - A Utah man is denying involvement in a 2013 triple slaying at a dog-fighting and marijuana operation in rural eastern Idaho.
- 8-year-old suspected of stabbing dog Updated: May-21-15 7:18 am
MARSHALL, Wisconsin - Police say an 8-year-old boy is accused of stabbing a dog he had played with in Dane County.
- 15 animals euthanized after found in terrible conditions Updated: May-21-15 6:37 am
WEST BLOCTON, Alabama - Bibb County investigators had to euthanize 15 malnourished animals found at a mobile home in West Blocton and accused a woman who was already in jail of animal cruelty.
- Man who allegedly stole, killed rabbit faces 2 felonies Updated: May-20-15 9:52 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A 22-year-old Columbia man has been charged with two felonies after he allegedly stole a rabbit from a shelter and hung it from his apartment balcony.
- Connecticut Senate votes to toughen animal abuse penalties Updated: May-19-15 6:57 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - People who intentionally maim, torture, wound or kill an animal in Connecticut could face tougher punishments under a bill moving through the General Assembly.
- Woman charged with killing cats to punish grandchildren Updated: May-19-15 5:40 pm
GODFREY, Illinois - A 71-year-old Illinois woman faces a felony animal cruelty charge for allegedly killing a cat and four kittens to punish her grandchildren for not cleaning their rooms.
- Chesterfield County judge upholds seizure of man's pet camel Updated: May-19-15 7:53 am
CHESTERFIELD, Virginia - A Chesterfield County judge has upheld the seizure of a man's pet camel by police.
- Phoenix woman accused of fatally stabbing her dog Updated: May-18-15 12:49 pm
PHOENIX - A 36-year-old Phoenix woman is accused of fatally stabbing her dog.
- New Jersey lawmakers could outlaw dog fighting Updated: May-18-15 3:32 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Dog fighting and leading a dog-fighting network could soon be explicitly outlawed in New Jersey.
- Arrest in case of dog chained to cinder block and drowned Updated: May-16-15 1:58 pm
HAUPPAUGE, New York - A man has been charged with felony animal cruelty eight months after a dog was found chained to a cinder block and drowned in a Long Island canal.
- NY woman arraigned for allegedly neglecting horses, calves Updated: May-16-15 10:58 am
HILLSDALE, New York - New York police say a woman on an upstate farm has been charged with animal neglect.
- Owner charged with cruelty after dog shot with arrow Updated: May-15-15 2:35 pm
GOODLAND TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities have charged a Lapeer County man with animal torture after his retriever was found with an arrow in the top of her head.
- Phoenix man accused of forcing dogs to fight for profit Updated: May-15-15 6:14 am
PHOENIX - A Phoenix man is in custody for allegedly chaining dogs to a treadmill and forcing them to fight other dogs for profit.
- Police: Landscaper ran over family of ducks on lawnmower Updated: May-15-15 3:05 am
WELLINGTON, Florida - A Florida landscaper has been charged with animal cruelty after authorities say he ran over a mother duck and her 11 ducklings with his riding lawnmower.
- MCSO seize nearly 100 animals from puppy mill in Wittmann Updated: May-13-15 6:03 pm
WITTMANN, Arizona - A Wittmann woman is accused of operating a puppy mill after the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office seized nearly 100 animals from her property.
- Oklahoma police officer pleads in dog poison case Updated: May-13-15 12:48 pm
ARDMORE, Oklahoma - A police sergeant accused of trying to poison dogs in his neighborhood has been assigned to do community service at the department he works for.
- Miniature horse found shot, skinned in Ala. pond Updated: May-13-15 5:05 am
BOAZ, Alabama - Authorities in northeastern Alabama are investigating the death of a miniature horse that was found shot and skinned in a pond.
- Southern California man gets jail for poodle killing Updated: May-12-15 6:46 pm
BALDWIN PARK, California - A Southern California man who beat to death his miniature poodle has been sentenced to a year in jail.
- Bills would require background checks for adopting animals Updated: May-12-15 1:52 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Animal shelters would be required to run background checks on people looking to adopt pets and could deny adoptions to anyone convicted of animal abuse under bills moving through the Michigan Legislature.
- Inslee signs measure expanding animal cruelty laws Updated: May-11-15 8:07 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Gov. Jay Inslee has signed into law a measure making it a civil offense to lock an animal in a car or enclosed space in dangerous conditions, like extreme heat or cold.
- 5 Things to Know in Florida for May 12 Updated: May-11-15 5:37 pm
Your daily look at news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today.
- Florida teen accused of hitting mom, animal abuse Updated: May-11-15 11:52 am
LAUREL HILL, Florida - Sheriff's deputy say a 14-year-old Florida Panhandle boy punched his mother during an argument over animal abuse.
- Natrona County man cited for animal cruelty Updated: May-07-15 4:37 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - A Natrona County man has been accused of dragging his horse behind a pickup truck.
- Dracut town official denies animal cruelty charges Updated: May-07-15 7:49 am
LOWELL, Massachusetts - The lawyer for a member of the Dracut select board who's facing animal cruelty charges has asked a judge for a change of venue because of all the publicity in the case.