- Trial date set for owners of Gilbert kennel in 21 dog deaths Updated: Feb-09-16 4:48 pm
PHOENIX - A May 3 trial date has been set for the owners of a Gilbert kennel where 21 dogs died of heat exhaustion in June 2014.
- 4 family members plead guilty in animal cruelty case Updated: Feb-09-16 2:29 am
MIO, Michigan - Four family members have pleaded guilty to charges after officials say more than 50 dogs were seized from a home in Michigan's northern Lower Peninsula during an animal cruelty investigation.
- 10 people charged with animal cruelty in cockfighting ring Updated: Feb-08-16 4:42 pm
NEW BRITAIN, Connecticut - Police say 10 people have been charged with animal cruelty after officers discovered an illegal cockfight taking place in the basement of a New Britain home.
- Police arrest California man for cockfighting in backyard Updated: Feb-08-16 7:53 am
MODESTO, California - Police in California have busted a cockfighting operation at a residence west of Modesto.
- Veterinarian agrees to forfeit license amid abuse claims Updated: Feb-05-16 4:54 pm
PINE VILLAGE, Indiana - A northwestern Indiana veterinarian who denies allegations that she kicked barking dogs and abused them in other ways has agreed to surrender her state licenses and close her practice.
- 3 charged, 1 warning issued after deer beaten in Arkansas Updated: Feb-05-16 3:05 pm
STUTTGART, Arkansas - A Georgia man accused of beating a deer with an accounting textbook after it had been hit along an Arkansas highway has been charged with a misdemeanor count of cruelty to animals and wasting wildlife and set for a court appearance later this month.
- Cops: 5 dead horses found on veterinarian's property Updated: Feb-05-16 7:05 am
PALMERTON, Pennsylvania - Two people including an eastern Pennsylvania veterinarian have been accused of abusing animals after police say five dead horses were found along with other unhealthy animals.
- Officials: 32 malnourished horses, 80 chickens seized Updated: Feb-03-16 6:55 am
EAST HAMPTON, Connecticut - Connecticut officials have seized 32 horses, 80 chickens and other animals from an East Hampton breeder as part of an animal cruelty investigation.
- Cops: Pennsylvania man shot dog while aiming for girlfriend Updated: Feb-02-16 1:43 pm
NATRONA HEIGHTS, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania authorities say a man aiming a gun at his girlfriend during an alcohol-fueled fight accidentally shot a dog instead.
- Woman pleads guilty in northern Michigan animal neglect case Updated: Feb-02-16 5:19 am
ALPENA, Michigan - A woman has pleaded guilty in an animal neglect case that involved more than 100 animals confiscated from a farm in Michigan's northern Lower Peninsula.
- Police: Man wanted in abuse of dog in Indiana found in Texas Updated: Feb-01-16 8:02 am
MICHIGAN CITY, Indiana - Authorities say a man wanted in connection to a severely beaten dog found on Christmas Day in Michigan City has been arrested in El Paso, Texas.
- Police: Man admitted to shooting 4 dogs he couldn't care for Updated: Jan-28-16 4:56 am
PEACHTREE CITY, Georgia - A Peachtree City man is facing misdemeanor animal cruelty charges after police say he shot and killed his four dogs.
- Upstate NY woman sentenced to jail time in deaths of dogs Updated: Jan-28-16 3:00 am
BALLSTON SPA, New York - A 40-year-old woman has been sentenced to six months in jail for animal cruelty after several dead and dying dogs were found in and around her Saratoga County home.
- Operators of animal shelter arrested on abuse, drug charges Updated: Jan-27-16 5:01 pm
RAEFORD, North Carolina - Authorities in North Carolina have arrested the operators of a no-kill animal shelter after at least 600 animals were found in conditions that the sheriff called "awful and very sad."
- Cockfighting raid in Texas leads to 40 arrests, $32K seized Updated: Jan-26-16 3:17 pm
MIDLAND, Texas - At least 40 people face charges after a weekend raid on a suspected cockfighting operation in West Texas that led to the seizure of about 30 roosters.
- Emaciated dog cited as reason to bolster animal cruelty law Updated: Jan-26-16 8:42 am
PITTSBURGH - An emaciated dog seized from a Pittsburgh apartment last week is being cited as just another reason the state's animal cruelty law needs to be stiffened.
- Deputies: Man shoots, kills girlfriend's father's dogs Updated: Jan-26-16 4:42 am
PALM SPRINGS, Florida - Authorities say a man has been charged in connection with fatally shooting his girlfriend's father's two dogs and then burying them in the father's backyard.
- Commerce City to pay $262,500 for dog killed by officer Updated: Jan-25-16 11:47 pm
COMMERCE CITY, Colorado - Commerce City has agreed to pay more than $260,000 to settle a lawsuit brought by a family whose therapy dog was shot and killed by a police officer in 2012.
- Wisconsin owner arrested after dog abandoned in duffel bag Updated: Jan-22-16 9:04 pm
PORTAGE, Wisconsin - Authorities have arrested the owner of a dog that was found abandoned in a large duffel bag at a wildlife area in south-central Wisconsin.
- Woman with dogs that ran on freeway banned from having pets Updated: Jan-21-16 1:47 pm
LOS ANGELES - Prosecutors say a woman arrested following a car chase while her six dogs ran into California freeway lanes had been banned from having pets because of a pending animal abuse case.
- Man sentenced to 270 days in jail in beating death of puppy Updated: Jan-21-16 4:39 am
GAINESVILLE, Florida - A Gainesville man has been sentenced to 270 days in jail after pleading no contest to an aggravated animal cruelty charge in the beating death of his puppy.
- Man accused of beating puppy now faces prosecution Updated: Jan-21-16 3:02 am
MIAMI - A South Florida man accused of beating a puppy to death is once again facing prosecution after an appeals court ruled that the dog's necropsy results can be presented at trial.
- Owner of dead horses found on Clark property facing charges Updated: Jan-20-16 9:21 am
POWELL, Wyoming - A northwestern Wyoming man is facing animal cruelty charges after authorities say they found several dead and malnourished horses on his property.
- Husband says animal neglect charge against wife 'ridiculous' Updated: Jan-20-16 9:02 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The husband of a Sioux Falls woman facing an animal neglect charge for leaving a Siberian husky out in the cold says the allegation is ridiculous.
- Advocates backing animal abuse registry in Connecticut Updated: Jan-18-16 11:37 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Advocates for domestic violence victims and those supporting animal rights are teaming up to support the latest proposal for a public registry in Connecticut that would identify people who abuse animals.