- Mixed-breed terrier bouncing back after being shot 5 times Updated: May-05-15 11:53 am
HAVERTOWN, Pennsylvania - A stray 8-month-old mixed-breed terrier that was shot five times in Chester is alive and kissing, thanks to the efforts of four city police officers and a team at Keystone Veterinary Emergency & Referral. Not to mention Russell Wayne Harper, Wolf for short - the humane officer with Justice Rescue who brought them all together.
- Florida man shoots, kills neighbor's puppy with shotgun Updated: May-05-15 5:01 am
BURNELL, Florida - Deputies have arrested a Florida man they say shot a family's puppy to death with a shotgun after it ran into his yard.
- Bellingham man accused of shooting corgi dies before trial Updated: May-04-15 11:19 pm
BELLINGHAM, Washington - A man charged with killing a neighbor's dog in Bellingham has died before his case could go to trial.
- Machete attack on dog sparks dozens to protest animal abuse Updated: May-04-15 12:49 pm
MERCED, California - Dozens of people gathered in Merced to protest animal abuse after a 1-year-old Siberian Husky was tied to a fire hydrant and slashed by two men with machetes.
- 2 men arrested, suspected of attacking dog with machetes Updated: May-03-15 1:32 am
MERCED, California - Two men have been arrested in Central California on suspicion of tying a dog to a fire hydrant and slashing it with machetes and leaving it for dead.
- Wisconsin woman charged with animal neglect in South Dakota Updated: May-01-15 7:56 am
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - A Wisconsin woman is facing an animal neglect charge in South Dakota for allegedly having 42 dogs and cats in a sport utility vehicle.
- 2 Florida men sentenced for poisoning animals in Alabama Updated: Apr-30-15 8:10 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Federal prosecutors say two Florida men have been sentenced for poisoning animals in central Alabama.
- 4 men charged in connection to dairy farm abuse case Updated: Apr-30-15 12:10 pm
ROSWELL, New Mexico - Four men have been charged with cruelty to animals after undercover video showed workers at a southern New Mexico dairy whipping cows with chains and wire cables and kicking and punching the animals.
- Police: Moose fatally stabbed in Alaska park; 3 men arrested Updated: Apr-29-15 10:20 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Three men have been accused of stabbing a young moose to death at a park in Alaska's largest city, and police said witnesses reported seeing the men punching the animal and walking away.
- Iowa man sentenced in animal hoarding case faces new charges Updated: Apr-29-15 2:28 pm
BLOOMFIELD, Iowa - Authorities say a man convicted after nearly 300 animals were seized from his Iowa property and another 60 were found dead now faces additional charges.
- Mayor: Charges dropped against man who shot Bay police K-9 Updated: Apr-29-15 12:47 pm
BAY, Arkansas - The mayor of an Arkansas city where the only police dog was fatally shot by a resident says charges have been dropped against the shooter.
- Fayette authorities find dogs, cats abandoned at residence Updated: Apr-29-15 10:38 am
DANESE, West Virginia - The Fayette County Sheriff's Office is investigating the abandonment of five dogs and numerous cats at a residence in the Danese area.
- Trial delayed for Missouri man accused of killing his mother Updated: Apr-29-15 5:14 am
NEW MADRID, Missouri - The trial date for a southeast Missouri man accused of killing his mother has been pushed back.
- Police seek warrant against woman for throwing poodle Updated: Apr-28-15 8:34 am
BUTTE, Montana - A small poodle is unharmed after it was thrown against a wall outside a Butte bar.
- Police: Malnourished Doberman weighed only 33 pounds Updated: Apr-28-15 6:55 am
ATLANTA - Police have arrested a Georgia man after they say he starved and abused his dog.
- Dogs from animal hoarder to be adopted Updated: Apr-28-15 4:06 am
FREEPORT, Illinois - Officials say dogs rescued from a Freeport animal hoarder will be available for adoptions.
- Dogfighting a serious business in central Alabama Updated: Apr-27-15 2:49 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Joe Denham doesn't go to work without a pistol holstered to his hip. Most of the time he works alone, and not on a main highway where someone could see if he were being attacked.
- 2 officer-impostors 'confiscate' Los Angeles man's dog Updated: Apr-24-15 1:07 am
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles police say they're looking for two women who pretended to be officers in order to take a man's dog.
- Connecticut urged to consider euthanizing rescued goats Updated: Apr-23-15 8:43 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - After rescuing dozens of neglected, malnourished goats this winter, the state of Connecticut is being asked whether the costs involved in their care are worth keeping them alive.
- Shelter trying to find new homes for 16 rescued puppies Updated: Apr-23-15 3:58 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A Montgomery animal shelter is trying to adopt out 16 puppies rescued from a puppy mill after a raid.
- Woman indicted after girls found in filthy home with 56 dogs Updated: Apr-23-15 2:28 am
WACO, Texas - A Central Texas woman faces child endangerment charges after authorities discovered her two daughters living in a filthy home with 56 dogs.
- Santa Rosa man to stand trial for abusing dog Updated: Apr-22-15 10:59 am
SANTA ROSA, California - A Santa Rosa man will face trial in May after he pleaded not guilty to abusing a dog, which had to have a hind leg amputated.
- Sheriff seeks cruelty charge for vet accused of killing cat Updated: Apr-21-15 8:01 pm
BELLVILLE, Texas - A Texas sheriff has asked for an animal cruelty charge against a veterinarian who bragged on social media about killing a cat with an arrow.
- California county to pay man beaten by deputies on video Updated: Apr-21-15 7:23 pm
LOS ANGELES - A California county on Tuesday approved paying a $650,000 settlement to avoid a lawsuit by a man whose beating by deputies after a horse chase was captured on video and led to a federal civil rights investigation.
- 3 men arrested for shooting at wild burros in Moreno Valley Updated: Apr-21-15 9:48 am
MORENO VALLEY, California - Three men face animal cruelty charges after they were arrested on suspicion of shooting at the wild burros that frequent the hills of Moreno Valley.