- 2 charged after death of dog dragged 5 miles behind truck Updated: May-05-16 5:07 pm
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - Authorities have arrested one Evansville man and issued an arrest warrant for another after the death of a dog that was dragged for more than 5 miles behind a pickup truck.
- Man charged in Michigan probe of contaminated food Updated: May-05-16 3:40 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A Michigan man suspected of spraying a contaminant on unpackaged food at grocery stores faces four charges of poisoning food.
- Man who killed pet pig gets 9-day jail sentence Updated: May-05-16 10:23 am
LIHUE, Hawaii - A Kauai County man found guilty of criminal trespass for stabbing someone's pet pig to death in 2013 has been sentenced to nine days in prison.
- Police: robbers eat, shoot dog and put victim in dog cage Updated: May-03-16 4:19 am
GAINESVILLE, Florida - Police have arrested a man suspected of forcing his way into a north Florida apartment, shooting a dog and putting a victim in the dog's cage.
- Man accused in killing of camper, yoga teacher pleads guilty Updated: May-02-16 6:35 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - One of three young transients accused of killing a Canadian who was camping during a music festival and a yoga teacher who was walking a dog pleaded guilty to second-degree murder on Monday.
- DA: Officer will be cited in cat shooting; no other charges Updated: May-02-16 12:49 pm
EASTON, Pennsylvania - An eastern Pennsylvania prosecutor says a police officer who shot and killed a cat will be cited for cruelty to animals but won't face other charges.
- Man charged with animal cruelty after 143 alpacas found dead Updated: May-02-16 6:50 am
MARATHON, New York - Authorities say a man has been charged with animal cruelty after an investigation uncovered more than 140 alpacas had died on a central New York farm over several months.
- Man to serve 3 years in prison for burning puppy alive Updated: Apr-30-16 3:50 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - A judge has sentenced a Northern California man to three years and eight months in state prison for burning his weeks-old Chihuahua dog alive.
- Police: Woman facing charges for abandoning animals Updated: Apr-29-16 6:43 am
SOUTH HUNTINGTON, New York - Authorities say a Long Island woman is facing animal cruelty charges after she abandoned animals in her home, including a dog that was found dead.
- Pet store owner, brother face 134 animal cruelty charges Updated: Apr-28-16 3:58 am
PARAMUS, New Jersey - The owner of a northern New Jersey pet store and his brother are facing 134 counts of animal cruelty after more than 60 puppies were found inside a van behind the shop earlier this month.
- Police charge Iowa City man after finding 62 ducks in van Updated: Apr-27-16 8:00 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Police have charged an Iowa City man after they found 62 ducks crowded in an abandoned van.
- Suspect in dog's death pleads not guilty to animal cruelty Updated: Apr-27-16 2:51 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - A man charged in connection with the sexual assault and hanging of a dog in Thurston County has pleaded not guilty to animal cruelty.
- Charge: Woman faked dog hearing test certificate for sale Updated: Apr-24-16 7:20 pm
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - A Picayune woman who pleaded guilty to animal abuse is now accused of faking a certificate for a dog's hearing test to sell a puppy from a breed with hearing problems.
- Animal abuse charges after dog found dead in stolen car Updated: Apr-24-16 1:26 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Multnomah County grand jury has indicted a 34-year-old man on animal abuse and theft charges after a dog was found dead in a stolen car earlier this month.
- Man who killed zoo monkey now accused of violating parole Updated: Apr-24-16 12:05 pm
BOISE, Idaho - An Idaho man convicted for breaking into a Boise zoo in 2012 and brutally beating to death a Patas monkey is accused of violating his parole.
- New Jersey man charged with fatally hitting puppy with ax Updated: Apr-23-16 6:39 pm
SPRINGFIELD, New Jersey - Authorities say they have arrested a New Jersey man with killing a 6-month-old puppy after striking it with the back side of an ax.
- 6 dead bald eagles found on Standing Rock reservation Updated: Apr-22-16 7:14 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Authorities are investigating the deaths of six bald eagles on the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation that straddles the North Dakota and South Dakota border.
- 23 dogs rescued at border will be offered for adoption Updated: Apr-20-16 10:39 am
SAN DIEGO - Authorities say a smuggling suspect was arrested after 23 dogs - including 20 puppies packed in a nearly airless crate - were seized from an SUV at the U.S.-Mexico border.
- Man accused of beating cat to death at Brookhaven shelter Updated: Apr-20-16 4:52 am
BROOKHAVEN, Mississippi - A man accused of beating a cat to death at an animal shelter in Brookhaven has been arrested.
- June 6 trial set for operators of kennel where 21 dogs died Updated: Apr-19-16 1:08 pm
PHOENIX - A June 6 trial is scheduled for the operators of a Gilbert kennel where 21 dogs of exhaustion and four others were injured back in 2014.
- Woman charged with animal cruelty after 6 horses found dead Updated: Apr-18-16 1:11 pm
ST. CLOUD, Florida - A central Florida woman has been charged with animal cruelty after authorities say they found six dead horses.
- Owner of horses that carry tourists accused of animal abuse Updated: Apr-16-16 2:30 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - The owner of several horses on the Havasupai Indian Reservation, where tourist excursions to towering waterfalls depend on the animals, has been charged with animal cruelty and neglect.
- New Britain police investigate discovery of burned cat Updated: Apr-15-16 12:14 pm
NEW BRITAIN, Connecticut - New Britain police have launched an animal cruelty investigation after the burned remains of a cat were found on a road.
- Bend man charged in death of neighbor's cat Updated: Apr-15-16 2:06 am
BEND, Oregon - A Bend man is facing charges in the death of his neighbor's cat after the animal was found hanging from the fence between their homes.
- Dog-fight sweep results in 2 arrests, 58 dogs seized Updated: Apr-14-16 7:37 pm
ROCK ISLAND, Illinois - An investigation into dog fighting by authorities in northwestern Illinois has resulted in two arrests and the seizing of 58 dogs.