- Rocket-propelled grenade forced down Mexican helicopter Updated: May-04-15 4:59 pm
MEXICO CITY - A drug cartel that unleashed a wave of attacks in the western Mexican state of Jalisco used a rocket-propelled grenade to force down a military helicopter, a security official said Monday.
- Man sentenced for role in violent Atlantic City drug ring Updated: May-03-15 10:49 am
CAMDEN, New Jersey - A man has received a lengthy prison term for his role in a heroin ring run by a street gang that used threats, intimidation and violence to maintain control of Atlantic City's illegal drug trade.
- 2 draw life sentences in Texas-Mexico drug case Updated: Apr-30-15 6:50 pm
DEL RIO, Texas - Two men have been sentenced to life in U.S. federal prisons for helping smuggle drugs into Texas and weapons to Mexico.
- 12 arrested in New Mexico methamphetamine trafficking ring Updated: Apr-30-15 6:34 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Authorities say 12 people have been arrested in an investigation targeting a methamphetamine trafficking ring operating in New Mexico's Grant County.
- Judge blocks release of couple in drug money laundering case Updated: Apr-30-15 6:32 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A federal judge on Thursday blocked a Texas magistrate judge's order that allowed the release of a couple accused of laundering cartel drug money at a small southwest Kansas bank.
- Ex-FBI agent pleads not guilty to lying during Bulger trial Updated: Apr-30-15 5:19 pm
BOSTON - A former FBI agent lied to jurors during mobster James "Whitey" Bulger's trial and overstated his professional accomplishments, including falsely claiming to be the first officer who recovered the rifle used to assassinate Martin Luther King Jr., federal officials said Thursday in announcing a perjury case against him.
- 4th relative gets prison over Texas, California drug ring Updated: Apr-30-15 8:29 am
WACO, Texas - A Central Texas man has been sentenced to seven years in prison over a marijuana ring that led to drug-related convictions for his wife and two sons.
- 2 plead guilty in Pennsylvania-West Virginia drug ring Updated: Apr-24-15 3:05 am
CLARKSBURG, West Virginia - Two people have been convicted for their roles in a Philadelphia-to-Morgantown drug distribution ring.
- Doctor, 5 others, charged in drug trafficking ring Updated: Apr-24-15 2:10 am
MAYS LANDING, New Jersey - A southern New Jersey doctor and five others have been arrested in connection with a drug trafficking ring.
- Nearly 50 indicted in Ga. meth distribution ring Updated: Apr-23-15 4:05 pm
ABBEVILLE, Georgia - Authorities say nearly 50 people have been indicted in a meth distribution ring being run out of a state prison in middle Georgia.
- NYC case charges 5 with trafficking drugs from Mexico Updated: Apr-23-15 12:31 pm
NEW YORK - Authorities say five men have been charged with smuggling large shipments of heroin and cocaine from Mexico so it could be sold in New York City and elsewhere in the Northeast.
- 9 plead not guilty in central Maine drug ring case Updated: Apr-22-15 10:20 am
DEXTER, Maine - Nine people charged with participating in a central Maine cocaine and oxycodone ring are pleading not guilty.
- Feds charge ex-bank president, others with money laundering Updated: Apr-21-15 10:08 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A former bank president and two of his customers allegedly conspired to launder drug money in Kansas for Mexican cartels, while two former employees of the small southwest Kansas bank failed to report the suspicious financial transactions, according to charges unsealed Tuesday.
- Federal court rejects appeal in Delaware drug smuggling case Updated: Apr-21-15 5:37 pm
DOVER, Delaware - A federal appeals court panel in Philadelphia has upheld the conviction and sentence of a California man accused of being a former smuggler and enforcer for Mexico's once-feared Arellano Felix drug cartel.
- New Jersey woman pleads guilty over drug trafficking ring Updated: Apr-21-15 2:40 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Federal prosecutors say a member of a large-scale drug trafficking ring has pleaded guilty to conspiring to distribute heroin.
- UN anti-crime commission's future uncertain in Guatemala Updated: Apr-19-15 11:08 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - Even in crime-ridden Guatemala, the headlines were startling: Prosecutors busted a customs bribery ring that likely defrauded the state of millions of dollars, with the current and former Tax Authority chiefs and a top aide to the vice president implicated.
- Wisconsin man sentenced for trafficking pot via 3 McDonald's Updated: Apr-17-15 7:53 pm
MILWAUKEE - A Wisconsin man has been sentenced to nine years in federal prison for running a large-scale marijuana trafficking ring through his three McDonald's restaurants.
- 3 members of international drug ring arrested in Los Angeles Updated: Apr-17-15 5:14 am
LOS ANGELES - Federal prosecutors say three members of an international synthetic drug ring have been arrested in Los Angeles.
- Correction: National Guardsmen-Arms Dealing story Updated: Apr-16-15 5:51 pm
SAN DIEGO - In a story April 15 about illegal gun sales, The Associated Press, relying on information from the U.S. attorney's office in San Diego, erroneously reported the affiliation of two defendants. They were members of the National Guard, not U.S. Army reservists.
- Ex-probation worker in Dallas County guilty in drug case Updated: Apr-15-15 9:29 am
DALLAS - An ex-probation official in Dallas County faces up to 20 years in prison for helping provide drugs to jail inmates and dating a suspect she was overseeing.
- Police: Mother ran heroin ring with her teenage son Updated: Apr-15-15 6:41 am
NORTH ADAMS, Massachusetts - A Massachusetts woman and her high school student son are charged with running a heroin ring from their apartment, allegedly stashing the drugs in a shoebox in the 16-year-old's closet.
- Lewiston cocaine dealer gets 14 years in prison Updated: Apr-14-15 7:08 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A Lewiston man who was part of a cocaine distribution ring in the city has been sentenced to 14 years in prison.
- Mexico arrests alleged Sinaloa cartel cocaine trafficker Updated: Apr-12-15 1:34 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexican marines and police have arrested a man authorities describe as a leading cocaine trafficker for Mexico's Sinaloa drug cartel, authorities said Sunday.
- Members of Odessa drug ring convicted of murder over meth Updated: Apr-10-15 9:22 pm
ODESSA, Texas - Four members of a West Texas drug ring have been convicted of capital murder in a dispute over crystal methamphetamine.
- Mining co. in Mexico has 'good relationship' with cartels Updated: Apr-10-15 4:40 pm
CULIACAN, Mexico - The head of the mining company robbed of $8.5 million in gold in Mexico made the rare revelation in a television interview that his company has a "good relationship" with area drug traffickers.