- Man linked to Mexican cartel gets 21-year sentence Updated: Dec-06-13 5:39 pm
- 2 E. Idaho residents sentenced for drug crimes Updated: Dec-06-13 8:19 am
- Greek police raid homes of Golden Dawn lawmakers Updated: Dec-05-13 8:43 am
- 15 arrested in takedown of Central CA drug ring Updated: Dec-04-13 11:23 pm
- Guatemala detains 21 in money laundering case Updated: Dec-03-13 10:13 pm
- Former Mexico border state official indicted in US Updated: Dec-02-13 7:19 pm
- 10th person charged in Texas money laundering case Updated: Dec-01-13 1:17 pm
- Mexican drug cartels now make money exporting ore Updated: Nov-29-13 11:46 am
- Extradited Zetas boss pleads not guilty Updated: Nov-28-13 3:32 pm
- Acquittal in 1997 slaying of NYC police officer Updated: Nov-27-13 8:31 am
- Family wants US woman detained in Mexico released Updated: Nov-26-13 8:47 pm
- Teen cartel killer released in Mexico, goes to US Updated: Nov-26-13 8:07 pm
- DEA probing Fla. ex-racers over drug aircraft Updated: Nov-26-13 2:43 pm
- 'Donovan' producer sentenced in NY gambling case Updated: Nov-25-13 6:09 pm
- Count of bodies in Mexico mass graves rises to 42 Updated: Nov-25-13 4:49 pm
- Arrests made in El Paso cocaine ring investigation Updated: Nov-21-13 8:26 am
- Ex-N.E. mob associate convicted in attempted hit Updated: Nov-20-13 5:04 pm
- Grandma who ran NY family drug ring gets 15 years Updated: Nov-19-13 11:07 pm
- Woman gets 15 1/2 years in NY family drug ring Updated: Nov-19-13 7:04 pm
- Thailand extradites drug ring suspects to US Updated: Nov-19-13 6:07 am
- Reputed RI mobster pleads guilty, gets 9 years Updated: Nov-18-13 2:55 pm
- Mexico vigilantes take over another town, 2 dead Updated: Nov-16-13 11:37 pm
- Official: 18 bodies found in mass graves in Mexico Updated: Nov-15-13 11:01 pm
- 32 face drug counts, ring based in Stephenville Updated: Nov-15-13 1:55 pm
- Last Texas Mexican Mafia member in ring sentenced Updated: Nov-15-13 10:49 am
SAN DIEGO - A man whose brother is believed to be a prolific cartel hit man was sentenced to more than 21 years in prison after pleading guilty to attempted murder in what authorities said was a plot to kill a mother and son in Southern California who owed a drug debt.
BOISE, Idaho - Two drug dealers from eastern Idaho will spend roughly the next 8 years in prison after being sentenced in federal court for their role in a methamphetamine ring.
ATHENS, Greece - Greek police have raided the homes of three lawmakers from the extreme right-wing Golden Dawn party, days before they are to appear in court on charges of participating in a criminal organization.
SAN LUIS OBISPO, California - Authorities say 15 people have been arrested in the takedown of a drug trafficking ring suspected of dealing large amounts of heroin in San Luis Obispo County.
GUATEMALA CITY - Guatemalan authorities say they have detained 21 people who allegedly laundered money for Mexico's Sinaloa drug cartel led by Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman.
BROWNSVILLE, Texas - U.S. prosecutors in Texas announced Monday that they've charged the former governor of the Mexican state of Tamaulipas for allegedly accepting bribes from a drug cartel and taking part in drug trafficking.
BRONWSVILLE, Texas - An alleged $1.9 million money laundering ring for a Mexican drug cartel has widened with federal prosecutors in Texas charging a 10th suspect in the case.
MEXICO CITY - Mexican drug cartels looking to diversify their businesses long ago moved into oil theft, pirated goods, extortion and kidnapping, consuming an ever larger swath of the country's economy. This month, federal officials confirmed the cartels have even entered the country's lucrative mining industry, exporting iron ore to Chinese mills.
LAREDO, Texas - A high-ranking Zetas cartel member has pleaded not guilty to charges of drug trafficking and money laundering in a U.S. federal court.
NEW YORK - A reputed mob boss has been acquitted in the 1997 gangland slaying of an off-duty New York City police officer who had married his ex-wife.
SEATTLE - The family of a Washington state woman who leads a vigilante police force in Mexico has enlisted a Seattle human rights group to help push for her release after three months in custody on kidnapping allegations.
MEXICO CITY - A 17-year-old U.S. citizen who acknowledged being a killer for a Mexican drug cartel finished his three-year juvenile-offender term for homicide, kidnapping and drug and weapons possession and returned to the United States.
MIAMI - Federal drug agents are investigating a Florida aircraft leasing business operated by two former champion race drivers who are suspected of providing airplanes to South American drug traffickers, according to court documents and interviews.
NEW YORK - A producer of the Showtime series "Ray Donovan" was sentenced to two years' probation on Monday for helping run an illegal sports betting business that New York prosecutors have linked to the Russian mob.
MEXICO CITY - The number of bodies found in almost two dozen clandestine graves in western Mexico has risen to 42, after five more corpses were discovered over the weekend.
EL PASO, Texas - Nearly a dozen people have been arrested in the investigation of a West Texas crack cocaine ring.
BOSTON - A man who spent over a decade posing as a cattle rancher in Idaho was convicted Wednesday on a string of federal charges, including the attempted murder of a man who became the boss of the New England Mafia.
BUFFALO, New York - A woman who enlisted generations of family members in a drug-dealing operation she ran for more than a decade was sentenced Tuesday to 15 1/2 years in prison.
BUFFALO, New York - A New York woman who enlisted generations of family members in a drug-dealing operation she ran for a dozen years was sentenced Tuesday to 15 1/2 years in prison.
BANGKOK - Five men wanted for allegedly conspiring to smuggle cocaine as part of an international criminal network were extradited from Thailand to the United States on Tuesday, officials said.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A reputed New England mobster was sentenced to nine years in prison after pleading guilty on Monday in connection with an illegal sports betting ring.
MORELIA, Mexico - Vigilantes belonging to a "self-defense" movement took over another town in the Mexican state of Michoacan Saturday amid confrontations that left two people dead and three wounded.
MEXICO CITY - Investigators have dug up 18 bodies in western Mexico after questioning nearly two dozen police officers who confessed to working with a drug cartel and led agents to a series of mass graves, an official said Friday.
FORT WORTH, Texas - Federal prosecutors say 32 people have been charged in a Texas methamphetamine-running operation in nearly a dozen rural counties.
DEL RIO, Texas - The last of a dozen Texas Mexican Mafia members convicted in a conspiracy and corruption ring has been sentenced to prison.