- 11 people charged with being part of methamphetamine ring Updated: Jul-31-15 3:34 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Federal prosecutors say 11 people have been charged with participating in a methamphetamine distribution ring.
- Accused leader of Va. heroin trafficking ring pleads guilty Updated: Jul-31-15 3:17 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - A Portsmouth man accused of leading a heroin trafficking ring has pleaded guilty to a distribution charge.
- 5 men arrested in $2 million methamphetamine ring bust Updated: Jul-30-15 6:39 pm
LOS ANGELES - California Attorney General Kamala Harris says five men suspected of having connections to Mexico's notorious Sinaloa drug cartel have been arrested for allegedly trafficking 55 pounds of methamphetamine with a street value of $2 million.
- Family of Mafia Cops victim gets $5 million settlement Updated: Jul-30-15 5:49 pm
NEW YORK - The family of a diamond dealer killed by a pair of crooked New York Police Department detectives - known as the Mafia Cops for moonlighting as hit men for the mob - has won a $5 million settlement in a wrongful-death lawsuit.
- 3 plead guilty to charges stemming from 4-state heroin ring Updated: Jul-30-15 11:40 am
MARTINSBURG, West Virginia - Three people have pleaded guilty to charges stemming from a multistate heroin trafficking operation.
- Police: 21 arrested in heroin distribution ring bust Updated: Jul-30-15 5:04 am
TAUNTON, Massachusetts - Authorities say 21 people were arrested after a heroin-distribution ring in Massachusetts was broken up by police detectives.
- Rome's hot summer: corruption, breakdowns run city to ground Updated: Jul-29-15 12:07 pm
ROME - Pope Francis has declared a Jubilee Year for Rome. But the Eternal City will need a miracle to find anything to feel jubilant about.
- Ex-leader of Albuquerque-based drug ring gets prison term Updated: Jul-28-15 7:22 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The former leader of an Albuquerque-based drug trafficking organization has been sentenced to 14 years in federal prison.
- Running mob-connected sports betting site leads to prison Updated: Jul-28-15 3:02 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A 78-year-old New Jersey who ran an illegal sports betting website connected to the Genovese organized crime family has been sentenced to prison.
- More than 30 indicted after New York drug investigation Updated: Jul-28-15 1:55 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - A man accused of running a drug ring from prison was among 34 people indicted after an investigation into drugs and firearms in rural Sullivan County, federal prosecutors said Tuesday.
- Prosecutors: Drug ring leader gets 30-year prison sentence Updated: Jul-25-15 5:58 pm
TOMS RIVER, New Jersey - Prosecutors say the leader of a southern New Jersey drug ring has been sentenced to 30 years in state prison.
- Escaped Mexican drug lord no saint, but lesser evil at home Updated: Jul-25-15 5:52 pm
BADIRAGUATO, Mexico - People living in the hometown of drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman have heard stories of his benevolence: gifts of medicine for the poor, deliveries of drinking water to storm-stricken towns. But finding anyone who's actually received or even seen such a gift is another matter.
- Supervisor named for organized crime task force in Bakken Updated: Jul-23-15 5:59 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A taskforce comprised of local, state and federal authorities that will investigate organized crime in the state's oil patch now has a supervisor.
- US serves 105 warrants in Puerto Rico drug ring crackdown Updated: Jul-22-15 1:53 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - A group of 105 people in Puerto Rico face murder, drug and weapon charges in one of the largest racketeering cases in the history of the U.S. Department of Justice, authorities said Wednesday.
- 8 indicted in Topeka cocaine trafficking ring Updated: Jul-22-15 3:17 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - Eight people have been indicted on federal charges of trafficking about $1.7 million of powder cocaine in the Topeka area.
- 37 indicted in Youngstown area for large-scale drug ring Updated: Jul-22-15 3:08 am
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio - Authorities say 37 people have been indicted in northeast Ohio for their involvement in a drug trafficking organization.
- After escape, Mexico cartel boss faces altered drug business Updated: Jul-22-15 12:06 am
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's most powerful drug lord, Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, has a lot to catch up on as he returns to a drug-trafficking landscape that has shifted considerably during his 17 months behind bars.
- Venezuela arrests 2 military officers for drug trafficking Updated: Jul-21-15 9:49 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Two retired Venezuelan military officers sought on drug trafficking charges have been arrested, authorities announced.
- Miami-Dade detective gets 3 years' prison for pot ring tips Updated: Jul-21-15 4:09 pm
MIAMI - A former Miami-Dade County police detective has been sentenced to three years in federal prison for providing protection and tips to a major marijuana trafficking organization.
- Romanian police raid sewers, detain suspected drug dealers Updated: Jul-21-15 12:12 pm
BUCHAREST, Romania - Police in Romania have searched the capital's sewers in an anti-drug raid and detained dozens of people for questioning on suspicion of trafficking.
- Mexican cops arrest 2 allegedly building cartel radio system Updated: Jul-15-15 9:52 pm
CIUDAD VICTORIA, Mexico - Two electrical engineers have been arrested in Mexico for allegedly erecting and maintaining a radio network for a drug cartel on the country's northern border.
- Escape of 'El Chapo' boosts sales for drug war novel Updated: Jul-15-15 3:38 pm
NEW YORK - The escape of Mexican drug lord "El Chapo" has meant more sales for a crime novel that features the escape of a Mexican drug lord.
- Feds charge another police official in drug investigation Updated: Jul-15-15 9:34 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A member of Easton's police commission has become the latest law enforcement official charged with participating in a drug ring that dealt in steroid and prescription narcotics.
- Indictment: Doctor, 2 assistants ran prescription drug ring Updated: Jul-14-15 7:26 pm
FREEHOLD, New Jersey - A central New Jersey doctor who ran a pain management practice and two of his assistants have been indicted on charges they ran a prescription drug ring.
- Documents: US agents knew of 'El Chapo' escape plots in 2014 Updated: Jul-13-15 10:45 pm
WASHINGTON - The weekend disappearance of Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman from a maximum security prison should have come as little surprise to Mexican authorities: The Drug Enforcement Administration had alerted them 16 months ago about several plans to escape.