- Cousin of drug kingpin sentenced to 16 years in prison Updated: Aug-28-15 1:22 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A cousin of one of the world's most notorious drug lords who prosecutors say was working to distribute cocaine in the United States has been sentenced in a New Hampshire court to 16 years in federal prison.
- Leader of Albany heroin ring sentenced to 10 years in prison Updated: Aug-26-15 5:52 am
ALBANY, New York - The leader of an Albany drug ring that sold heroin through taxi drivers and in area malls has been sentenced to 10 years in prison.
- Western NY homes used by family drug ring being demolished Updated: Aug-25-15 5:38 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Six houses in Buffalo that were once used by a family of drug dealers are being demolished by authorities.
- Las Cruces man gets 5 years in heroin trafficking case Updated: Aug-25-15 4:28 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - A 20-year-old Las Cruces man has been sentenced to five years in federal prison for his rule in a heroin trafficking organization that sold the drug in Dona Ana County after importing them from Juarez, Mexico.
- Michigan man gets 17 years in prison for heroin trafficking Updated: Aug-25-15 2:42 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A 44-year-old man has been sentenced to 17 years in prison and 10 years of supervised release for serving as the ringleader of a drug trafficking organization centered in Benton Harbor.
- Ex-mobster charged with trying to smuggle drugs into prison Updated: Aug-25-15 10:23 am
ALBION, New York - A former Mafia bodyguard who served time for hiring a hit man to kill a Rochester union official 34 years ago has been charged with trying to smuggle drugs into a New York state prison.
- Suburban Columbus massage parlor owners convicted Updated: Aug-25-15 3:52 am
DELAWARE, Ohio - Officials say two Chinese nationals were found guilty of promoting prostitution and organized crime at three suburban Columbus massage parlors.
- Baton Rouge man gets life sentence for drug ring involvement Updated: Aug-21-15 7:05 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A 32-year-old Baton Rouge man has been sentenced to life in prison plus fifteen years for his role in what prosecutors called a violent drug ring that hired arsonists and gunmen to rob and shoot rivals.
- Last 2 sentenced in Abilene drug case linked to vehicles Updated: Aug-20-15 3:36 pm
ABILENE, Texas - The leader of a West Texas drug trafficking ring has been sentenced to 30 years in prison for smuggling marijuana in vehicle speakers.
- Biloxi man gets prison time, fine in pill-ring case Updated: Aug-19-15 8:08 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A South Mississippi man has been sentenced in a pill-ring case involving a Georgia doctor who used casino workers and gambling trips to establish a cash-only business for the illegal distribution of prescription drugs.
- Gunmen kill Mexican marine, wound 2 in state next to capital Updated: Aug-18-15 6:53 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexican navy officials said Tuesday that one marine was killed and two others wounded in an ambush by drug cartel gunmen in the State of Mexico, just west of Mexico City.
- Mexico arrests suspect in 2014 killing of US motorcyclist Updated: Aug-18-15 6:22 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexican authorities said Tuesday they have arrested an alleged drug gang leader they believe was responsible for the 2014 killing of a New York man who vanished while heading on his motorcycle to Brazil for the World Cup.
- State drops some charges against federal drug ring convict Updated: Aug-17-15 8:52 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - State prosecutors have dropped the most serious charges against a woman whose boyfriend was killed during a botched robbery in Sioux Falls in December 2013.
- Drug trafficker gets 20 years in prison in Los Angeles Updated: Aug-17-15 6:28 pm
LOS ANGELES - A member of an international drug ring has been sentenced in Los Angeles to 20 years in federal prison.
- 8 men indicted in alleged Mexico-to-Cleveland drug ring Updated: Aug-14-15 4:02 am
CLEVELAND - Federal prosecutors say eight men have been charged in an indictment accusing them of being part of a conspiracy that brought heroin and other drugs from Mexico for distribution in Cleveland.
- 29 people indicted in Bakken crime fighting investigation Updated: Aug-12-15 2:12 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - An investigation into the trafficking of methamphetamine and heroin from California to the oil-producing region of North Dakota and Montana has led to charges against 29 people, state and federal law enforcement officials said Wednesday.
- Feds: Maui meth trafficking suspect bites officer Updated: Aug-06-15 9:07 pm
HONOLULU - A man who was under arrest in a Maui meth trafficking investigation bit an officer after refusing to go back into a holding cell, a federal prosecutor said Thursday.
- Debt collector for Colombian drug ring sentenced in Boston Updated: Aug-06-15 7:46 pm
BOSTON - A man who federal authorities say was the principal debt collector for a Colombia-based crime syndicate has been sentenced in Boston to seven years in prison for conspiring to invest proceeds from the sale of hundreds of kilograms of cocaine.
- Drug ring members get life in prison for murder over meth Updated: Aug-06-15 5:23 pm
ODESSA, Texas - Four members of a West Texas drug ring have been sentenced to life in federal prison after their convictions of murder in a dispute over crystal methamphetamine.
- Bank of China money-laundering trial to begin in March Updated: Aug-05-15 2:41 pm
FLORENCE, Italy - A $5 billion money-laundering trial of the Bank of China and 297 other defendants in Italy is scheduled to begin in March, deputy public prosecutor Giulio Monferini said Wednesday.
- Deming man gets federal prison term for meth trafficking Updated: Aug-05-15 6:28 am
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - A Deming man has been sentenced to more than seven years in federal prison for methamphetamine trafficking.
- Ex-officer, 19 other people charged in New York drug ring Updated: Aug-04-15 7:52 pm
ALBANY, New York - State authorities on Tuesday charged 20 people with participating in a violent upstate New York drug ring they said got help from a policeman who was a cocaine customer.
- Man linked to French Connection ring fighting new drug case Updated: Aug-04-15 2:49 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A man who federal authorities say was a player in The French Connection heroin ring that spawned an Oscar-winning film of the same name is fighting to have a new drug case against him dismissed, even though he's pleaded guilty.
- Police: Messages for No. 1 Mafioso hidden in Sicilian soil Updated: Aug-03-15 1:05 pm
ROME - The No. 1 Cosa Nostra fugitive communicates with henchmen using written messages buried in dirt or hidden under boulders on sheep ranches and comes and goes from Sicily, possibly thanks to high-level protection, investigators said Monday after nabbing some of his alleged accomplices.
- Correction: Drug Indictments Story Updated: Jul-31-15 5:40 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - In a story and headline July 28 about federal indictments, The Associated Press erroneously reported that one defendant was accused of running a heroin distribution ring while he was in state prison. During the time covered by the indictment, the defendant was in the Sullivan County Jail, not state prison.