- New York, New Jersey authorities arrest 18 in cocaine ring Updated: Apr-29-16 6:05 am
GOSHEN, New York - Authorities in New York and New Jersey say they've broken up a cocaine distribution ring, arresting 18 people.
- 5th person charged in southwest Missouri homicide Updated: Apr-28-16 2:52 pm
HALLTOWN, Missouri - A fifth person has been charged in the ambush killing of a drug trafficker in southwest Missouri.
- Reputed 'El Chapo' associate pleads guilty in Chicago court Updated: Apr-28-16 10:56 am
CHICAGO - A reputed associate of Mexican cartel leader Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman has pleaded guilty to helping move more than $1.5 million in drug money between the U.S. and Mexico.
- New York man gets 21 years for drug trafficking in Lewiston Updated: Apr-28-16 6:43 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A Brooklyn, New York, man has been sentenced to serve more than two decades in prison for trafficking crack cocaine and heroin throughout the Lewiston area.
- School project's graffiti sparks fears Zodiac Killer is back Updated: Apr-27-16 11:18 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A Florida State University class project about drug cartels and serial killers took a turn when students scrawled a message on a sidewalk associated with the infamous Zodiac Killer.
- EU, Kosovo police arrest 6 in major organized crime raids Updated: Apr-27-16 10:02 am
PRISTINA, Kosovo - The European Union's police mission in Kosovo conducted a major operation against an Albanian-Serb organized crime ring on Wednesday, officials said. Six people were arrested and authorities were hunting for a governing party lawmaker suspected of being the ringleader.
- Grand Forks man sentenced to life in prison for dealing meth Updated: Apr-25-16 7:07 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - A Grand Forks man accused of leading a large drug trafficking operation has been sentenced to life in prison.
- Panama raids warehouse of company at heart of documents leak Updated: Apr-22-16 9:20 pm
PANAMA CITY - Panamanian officials have raided a warehouse of the law firm Mossack Fonseca, which has been at the center of the huge document leak related to offshore accounts.
- Knoxville officer accused of part in drug ring Updated: Apr-20-16 5:23 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A Knoxville police officer is among seven people charged with taking part in a prescription drug ring.
- Alleged Italian crime boss arrested in pizza delivery sting Updated: Apr-18-16 11:44 am
MILAN - An alleged mafia chief's appetite for pizza has cost him his freedom.
- Philadelphia-to-Rochester heroin ring busted, 14 arrested Updated: Apr-14-16 8:51 am
ROCHESTER, New York - Authorities say they've charged 13 people who were involved in a major Philadelphia-based heroin-trafficking ring that sold the drugs in western New York.
- UK says hundreds of Britons involved in people-smuggling Updated: Apr-12-16 11:17 am
LONDON - A top-level UK National Crime Agency task force charged with breaking up people-smuggling gangs has determined that hundreds of Britons are working with overseas organized crime gangs to facilitate the trade in people fleeing poverty and war.
- Top cartel leader appeared to find temporary haven in Texas Updated: Apr-10-16 2:26 pm
DALLAS - A man who was slain at an upscale suburban Dallas shopping center is identified in federal court documents as the acting leader of a notorious Mexican cartel, a claim that would run counter to the long-held belief that drug kingpins seldom try to hide in the United States.
- Mexico to consider extradition of suspect in Texas slaying Updated: Apr-09-16 4:47 pm
MEXICO CITY - A ruling on extraditing a woman who is on the FBI's 10 Most Wanted fugitives list for the killing of her ex-boyfriend's new girlfriend in Texas could come anywhere from two to 12 months from now, a Mexican official said Saturday.
- Southbridge man admits to illegally shipping gun parts Updated: Apr-08-16 7:36 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A 60-year-old Massachusetts man has pleaded guilty to illegally shipping gun parts across the globe.
- 22 charged in Miami drug money laundering operation Updated: Apr-07-16 11:32 am
MIAMI - Authorities say 22 people are being charged in an international money laundering case that funneled cash to drug trafficking cartels through Miami-based businesses.
- Romania: 2 arrested over prosecutor intimidation Updated: Apr-06-16 1:50 pm
BUCHAREST, Romania - Two men who work for an Israeli company have been arrested in Romania on suspicion that they set up a criminal group to harass and intimidate the country's chief anti-corruption prosecutor, authorities said Wednesday.
- 8 sentenced in major synthetic drug ring in Miami Updated: Apr-05-16 3:51 am
MIAMI - Eight people involved in a major synthetic drug ring in Miami have been sentenced to terms ranging from 18 months to five years in prison.
- Appeals court: Police can lie about reason for traffic stop Updated: Mar-31-16 6:36 pm
HELENA, Montana - It was legal for a Montana Highway Patrol trooper to lie about the reason for a traffic stop during a 2012 drug sting, a federal appeals court ruled Thursday, rejecting arguments from a convict sent to prison for a decade.
- 2 sentenced for operating North Texas 'pill mill' Updated: Mar-30-16 8:26 pm
DALLAS - A federal judge has sentenced the operator of a North Texas "pill mill" that conspired to illegally distribute prescription drugs to a lengthy prison term.