- Police: Beltran Leyva cartel boss arrested in Mexico City Updated: Jul-04-15 12:05 am
MEXICO CITY - One of the leaders of the once-powerful Beltran Leyva drug cartel was arrested Friday in a trendy neighborhood in Mexico City, authorities said.
- Police: 35 facing charges in crime ring involving 2 killings Updated: Jul-03-15 6:17 pm
GEORGETOWN, Delaware - Authorities in Delaware say 35 people are facing charges in an organized crime enterprise that involves two killings, home invasions and distribution of heroin and cocaine.
- 'Cartel Land' shows good and bad of vigilantes in Mexico, US Updated: Jul-02-15 5:08 pm
MEXICO CITY - The documentary "Cartel Land" opens with chilling night scenes of large-scale methamphetamine cooking in rural Mexico. What viewers later learn is how such drug production became deeply intertwined with the vigilante movement that emerged in 2013 and 2014 to oust the region's main drug cartel.
- Afghan court cancels death sentences in mob killing of woman Updated: Jul-02-15 7:26 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - An Afghan court has overturned the death sentences for four men convicted of taking part in the mob killing of a woman outside a Kabul shrine, a judge said Thursday.
- Authorities arrest 48 in gang-related New Jersey drug ring Updated: Jul-02-15 4:50 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Authorities have arrested 48 people after a five-month investigation into a northern New Jersey gang-related drug ring.
- DA: 12 charged in Hamptons marijuana ring Updated: Jul-01-15 10:26 pm
RIVERHEAD, New York - Prosecutors have charged a dozen people for allegedly running a marijuana trafficking ring that sent drugs from Northern California to be sold on Long Island.
- Florida jury convicts 'Big Tony' in 2001 businessman murder Updated: Jul-01-15 2:08 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Reputed mobster Anthony "Big Tony" Moscatiello was convicted of first-degree murder Wednesday in the 2001 slaying of a prominent South Florida businessman during a power struggle over a lucrative fleet of gambling ships.
- Ex-Mexican cartel leader gets 30 years prison in US Updated: Jun-30-15 4:01 pm
BEAUMONT, Texas - A former leader of Mexico's notorious Gulf drug cartel has been sentenced to 30 years in a U.S. prison and fined $100 million.
- Arrests hit heroin trade in southeastern Ohio Updated: Jun-30-15 3:34 am
ATHENS, Ohio - Authorities in southeastern Ohio say a series of arrests have put a dent in the region's heroin trade.
- Police investigate mob killing of school director in India Updated: Jun-29-15 5:49 am
PATNA, India - Police are investigating the mob killing of a school director in northern India after two of the school's students were discovered dead, officials said Monday.
- Marshalltown man accused of having meth in prosthetic leg Updated: Jun-27-15 6:02 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Authorities say a Marshalltown man jailed on federal drug charges had hidden methamphetamine inside his prosthetic leg.
- 4th member of Fort Wayne family charged in Mafia scam Updated: Jun-26-15 3:08 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - A Fort Wayne woman and two of her adult children have been formally indicted on charges they bilked a couple out of about $1.5 million over seven years by sending text messages purportedly from the Mafia threatening to abduct family members or family members of friends.
- 5 Aryan Brotherhood members, associates in Texas get prison Updated: Jun-26-15 1:28 pm
WACO, Texas - Five more Aryan Brotherhood of Texas white supremacist members or their associates are going to federal prison for running drugs.
- Man gets 50 years for running meth ring from prison Updated: Jun-26-15 12:22 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A man serving 25 years to life for a drug-related killing has been sentenced to 50 years in federal prison for running an eastern Montana drug ring from a California prison using smuggled cellphones.
- Macau casino junket figure faces HK money laundering charges Updated: Jun-26-15 6:10 am
HONG KONG - Hong Kong police charged a prominent figure in Macau's casino junket industry with laundering 1.8 billion Hong Kong dollars ($231 million) through bank accounts in the southern Chinese city.
- Carriere man admits role in meth trafficking case Updated: Jun-26-15 5:32 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A 55-year-old Carriere man arrested in a probe of meth trafficking in Pearl River and Hancock counties has been sentenced to prison for his role in the drug distribution ring.
- NJ man admits to operating major drug ring Updated: Jun-24-15 9:31 pm
NEW YORK - A 28-year-old New Jersey man has admitted to being the leader of a major drug trafficking gang that moved large quantities of cocaine throughout Manhattan, the Bronx and New Jersey.
- Official says Mexican forces capture cartel leader's son Updated: Jun-23-15 4:47 pm
MEXICO CITY - The son and alleged second-in-command of the leader of Mexico's most violent drug cartel was captured in the western state of Jalisco, National Security Commissioner Monte Alejandro Rubido said Tuesday.
- 25 sentenced for Caroline County heroin ring Updated: Jun-23-15 9:46 am
DENTON, Maryland - Twenty-five people have been sentenced for their involvement in a heroin distribution ring in Caroline County, including the kingpin.
- 6 indicted in state prison methamphetamine trafficking ring Updated: Jun-22-15 6:31 pm
MARIETTA, Georgia - An inmate and five others have been accused of being involved in a methamphetamine trafficking ring that was operated out of a state prison.
- Don Winslow returns to drug wars in thriller 'The Cartel' Updated: Jun-22-15 3:46 pm
NEW YORK - Don Winslow is obsessed, and he knows it.
- Swiss drop part of case over Mubarak's still-frozen funds Updated: Jun-22-15 1:23 pm
CAIRO - Switzerland is dropping part of a prosecution case against Egypt's longtime autocrat Hosni Mubarak, his close aids and family members, involving hundreds of millions of Swiss francs frozen in Swiss banks.
- 3 charged with running scam that bilked couple of $1.5M Updated: Jun-21-15 4:43 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - A Fort Wayne woman and her two adult children are accused of bilking a couple out of about $1.5 million over seven years by sending text messages purportedly from the Mafia threatening to abduct family members or family members of friends.
- 11 sentenced in Fort Smith methamphetamine ring bust Updated: Jun-19-15 2:55 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Eleven people involved in a Fort Smith drug trafficking ring have been sentenced in federal court.
- Man probed in Grand Junction teen death sentenced for drugs Updated: Jun-19-15 10:05 am
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - A former Salt Lake City man investigated in the drug-related death of an 18-year-old from Grand Junction has been sentenced to 32 years in prison in Colorado on drug charges.