- Macon 'Dirty Bird' rapper facing drug trafficking charges Updated: Oct-07-15 8:23 am
MACON, Georgia - Rapper Sonny Spoon has been named as one of the higher-ups arrested in what authorities say was a large-scale drug organization based in Macon.
- Cartel enforcer admits 9 murders but won't name associates Updated: Oct-06-15 11:17 pm
VISALIA, California - Once Jose Manuel Martinez acknowledged a vast killing spree that included nine people in California, officials set out to decide whether the self-described cartel enforcer actually carried out the horrific crimes.
- 7 facing meth distribution charges in Franklin County Updated: Oct-05-15 2:25 pm
WASHINGTON, Missouri - Narcotics investigators in eastern Missouri's Franklin County believe they've broken up a major methamphetamine distribution ring with the arrests of several people.
- AP Interview: Uribe challenges Colombia's peace breakthrough Updated: Oct-02-15 1:36 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Former President Alvaro Uribe harshly criticized the international community for applauding a recent breakthrough in his successor's peace talks with leftist rebels, saying the deal undermines the rule of law in Colombia.
- Mexico extradites top capos, others from max security jail Updated: Sep-30-15 8:20 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico extradited 13 people to the United States on Wednesday, including two top drug lords and several suspects in two high-profile 2011 crimes involving Americans - an attack on immigration agents in San Luis Potosi and the killing of consulate workers in Ciudad Juarez.
- Indictment: 20 accused of roles in drug distribution ring Updated: Sep-29-15 3:03 pm
FREEHOLD BOROUGH, New Jersey - Twenty people have been indicted on numerous charges stemming from their alleged roles in a large-scale heroin and cocaine distribution ring.
- Florida man gets 14 years for smuggling ecstasy from China Updated: Sep-29-15 9:16 am
MIAMI - A former Florida International University honors student has been sentenced to 14 years in prison for running a drug operation ring.
- 7 from Ohio, W.Va. charged in heroin trafficking ring Updated: Sep-25-15 3:00 am
WHEELING, West Virginia - Federal prosecutors say seven people from Ohio and West Virginia have been charged in a heroin trafficking operation.
- Indictments: Prisoners used cellphones to run crime rings Updated: Sep-24-15 9:16 pm
ATLANTA - Inmates at some Georgia prisons have been using cellphones to traffic drugs, smuggle in contraband, steal identities and, in at least one case, to arrange a violent attack on an inmate suspected of snitching, according to federal indictments unsealed Thursday that target a dozen people who officials say were involved in two prison-based crime rings.
- Georgia doctor's sentencing delayed in pill ring case Updated: Sep-24-15 7:14 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A family doctor from Georgia who investigators say ran a pill ring with the help of Biloxi casino workers has had his sentencing delayed.
- 21 arrests made in Orlando heroin, prostitution ring Updated: Sep-21-15 11:58 am
ORLANDO, Florida - Police officers in central Florida say they've rescued eight women from a prostitution trafficking ring, including a 17-year-old girl.
- Spanish police thwart drug cartel assassination attempt Updated: Sep-19-15 1:07 pm
MADRID - Spanish police say they have arrested seven people in the southern town of Cala de Mijas on suspicion of planning to assassinate a businessman on orders from a Colombian drug cartel.
- Review: 'Sicario' a searing, sad portrait of border drug war Updated: Sep-17-15 8:08 am
The billion-dollar drug trade along the U.S.-Mexico border is so bloody and lawless, the line between right and wrong has become impossibly blurred.