- Tests find woman killed in shootout had drugs in her system Updated: Apr-30-15 8:09 pm
LAS VEGAS - A Las Vegas mother killed in a neighborhood shootout had a powerful pain medication and a common anti-anxiety muscle relaxant in her system before her organs were donated, according to blood test results cited Thursday by prosecution and defense attorneys.
- College football player to be bone marrow donor for infant Updated: Apr-28-15 12:55 am
MACOMB, Illinois - A Western Illinois University linebacker soon will give an infant suffering from a rare immune disorder a precious gift in the game of life - a bone marrow transplant.
- Wisconsin organ registry grows from zero to 2.6M in 5 years Updated: Apr-26-15 5:44 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Wisconsin has seen the number of organ donors rise since relaunching the state's donor registry in 2010, according to a published report.
- Local group hopes to raise awareness about organ donation Updated: Apr-26-15 11:26 am
BRUNSWICK, Georgia - Just eight years ago, Jim Knight was in need of a pancreas and kidney transplant. But through the selfless act of charity, Knight received the two organs necessary to return to living a healthy, productive and normal life.
- Bicycle ride will raise money for organ donation awareness Updated: Apr-25-15 5:04 am
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Organizers of a bicycle ride aimed at raising awareness of organ donations are encouraging people to sign up for the June event.
- Hospital optimistic after car window plea lands kidney donor Updated: Apr-10-15 5:36 pm
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine - Hospital officials said they're optimistic they can overcome the remaining medical and legal hurdles in a kidney transplant case whose donor was found through an ad on a car window.
- Campaign aims to boost NY organ donor registration Updated: Apr-06-15 3:05 am
ALBANY, New York - An organ donation organization has launched a campaign to get New Yorkers to register as organ donors, noting that the state ranks dead last in the nation for the percentage of residents registered.
- Packers player becomes face of organ donation effort Updated: Apr-05-15 3:34 pm
MILWAUKEE - Green Bay Packers wide receiver Randall Cobb is trying to raise awareness of organ donation.