- Senators owner, donor doing well after liver transplant Updated: May-21-15 5:48 pm
TORONTO - Ottawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk is recovering well after his liver transplant. All his donor wants in return is for the team to win the Stanley Cup.
- Student back in school, with gym teacher who gave her kidney Updated: May-19-15 10:47 pm
DETROIT - An 18-year-old returned to her Detroit high school Tuesday with a new kidney, donated by her gym teacher.
- Senators owner, hopeful of liver transplant, thanks public Updated: May-18-15 4:36 pm
TORONTO - Ottawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk thanked the public for its support Monday in what he calls the "biggest battle" of his life - his urgent appeal for a liver transplant.
- Woman says VA harvested husband's organs without permission Updated: May-15-15 6:05 am
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - A Murfreesboro woman is suing the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for $2.5 million because she says the organization harvested her husband's organs after his death last year even though he was not a donor.
- Wausau woman gets kidney via 68-person organ donation chain Updated: May-11-15 2:05 pm
WAUSAU, Wisconsin - A Wausau woman is the last link in a 68-person kidney transplant chain of donations that started in Minnesota, spread across the country and ended at the University of Wisconsin in late March.
- College football player to be bone marrow donor for infant Updated: Apr-28-15 12:55 am
MACOMB, Illinois - A Western Illinois University linebacker soon will give an infant suffering from a rare immune disorder a precious gift in the game of life - a bone marrow transplant.
- Wisconsin organ registry grows from zero to 2.6M in 5 years Updated: Apr-26-15 5:44 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Wisconsin has seen the number of organ donors rise since relaunching the state's donor registry in 2010, according to a published report.
- Local group hopes to raise awareness about organ donation Updated: Apr-26-15 11:26 am
BRUNSWICK, Georgia - Just eight years ago, Jim Knight was in need of a pancreas and kidney transplant. But through the selfless act of charity, Knight received the two organs necessary to return to living a healthy, productive and normal life.
- Bicycle ride will raise money for organ donation awareness Updated: Apr-25-15 5:04 am
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Organizers of a bicycle ride aimed at raising awareness of organ donations are encouraging people to sign up for the June event.