- Vt. high school to host bone marrow registration Updated: Dec-07-13 8:23 am
- Gov't to keep ban on paying bone marrow donors Updated: Nov-27-13 3:24 am
- Deal would send cord blood to Missouri Updated: Nov-18-13 1:02 pm
- AP IMPACT: Seeking lung donors after at-home death Updated: Nov-17-13 12:17 pm
- ND woman hopes to set record organ donor sign-up Updated: Nov-17-13 12:09 pm
- Religious leaders show support for organ donation Updated: Nov-17-13 5:04 am
- Ohio doesn't pay for prisoner organ donations Updated: Nov-15-13 1:28 pm
- Condemned man's wish raises ethical questions Updated: Nov-14-13 6:31 pm
- Ohio delays inmate's execution over organ donation Updated: Nov-14-13 6:43 am
- Organ-donor request delays Ohio killer's execution Updated: Nov-13-13 11:16 pm
- Hungary: Baby delivered from brain-dead mother Updated: Nov-13-13 10:09 am
- Bracelet symbolizes friendship, kidney donation Updated: Nov-11-13 10:49 am
- Oklahoma lawmaker wants death row organ donations Updated: Nov-06-13 4:08 pm
LYNDONVILLE, Vermont - Vermont's Lyndon Institute is going to be hosting a bone marrow registration drive.
WASHINGTON - Could paying for bone marrow cells really boost the number of donors? The Obama administration is taking steps to block a federal court ruling that had opened a way to find out.
MINNEAPOLIS - The University of Minnesota is finalizing an agreement with a blood bank in Missouri that would give parents the option of donating their baby's umbilical cord blood, a source of lifesaving stem cells.
The pair of lungs sits inside a clear dome, gently inflating as doctors measure how well they'll breathe if implanted into a patient who desperately needs a new set.
FARGO, North Dakota - A North Dakota woman hopes to set a Guinness world record for signing up organ donors.
CHICAGO - A group of religious leaders is speaking out to assure the faithful that organ donation does not run counter to their religious beliefs.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - One of the biggest obstacles for an Ohio death row inmate who wants to donate organs to ailing family members is paying for a procedure not covered by prison policies.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - An eleventh-hour request by an Ohio death row inmate to donate his organs is raising troubling moral and medical questions among transplant experts and ethicists.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's governor delayed the execution of a condemned child killer to consider the inmate's unprecedented organ donation request, acknowledging that it's "uncharted territory" but expressing hope that the man might help save a life before losing his own.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's governor delayed a condemned child killer's execution on Wednesday to study the feasibility of accommodating the unusual request by a state death row inmate to donate his organs.
BUDAPEST, Hungary - A university hospital in Hungary says a premature but healthy baby was delivered after doctors kept the child's brain-dead mother on life support for three months.
GRANGER, Indiana - At first glance, the bracelet on Mary Liddell's left wrist seems almost ordinary.
OKLAHOMA CITY - A state lawmaker says he wants to give Oklahoma's death row inmates a chance at redemption by donating their organs before their execution.