- Diplomats aim for temporary Syria truce in a week Updated: Feb-12-16 1:37 am
MUNICH - Diplomats trying to secure a cease-fire for the civil war in Syria fell short early Friday in organizing a truce but agreed to try to work out details and implement a temporary "cessation of hostilities" in a week's time. The deal appeared to be the result of a compromise between the United States, which had wanted an immediate cease-fire, and Russia, which had proposed one to start on March 1.
- Officers' widows come together to start support group Updated: Feb-11-16 3:01 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Two women whose police-officer husbands were slain in the line of duty are creating a new foundation to help other families like theirs.
- 'Gay conversion' therapists find safe haven in Israel Updated: Feb-04-16 11:57 am
JERUSALEM - A leading American Jewish group promoting therapy it said could turn gays to heterosexuals was ordered shut in December by a New Jersey court, amid growing efforts in the U.S. to curb the generally discredited practice. But therapists with ties to the shuttered group say they have found a haven for their work in Israel.
- Many grandparents raise grandchildren in Traverse City area Updated: Jan-20-16 10:41 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Bev Wenger's life changes dramatically at 4:30 p.m.
- Program aims to pair at-risk youth with GMU student mentors Updated: Jan-17-16 10:33 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - A program run in part by students from George Mason University wants to help young people leaving the juvenile justice system be better prepared for re-entering society and others avoid it altogether.