- Convicted ex-Va. lawmaker says he remains upbeat Updated: Mar-09-14 3:29 pm
- NY assemblyman found guilty of accepting bribes Updated: Mar-06-14 7:15 pm
- Former housing leader pleads guilty in bribe case Updated: Mar-06-14 10:05 am
- More charges filed against Ohio municipal judge Updated: Mar-05-14 7:14 pm
- Navajo lawmaker renews bill to oust council leader Updated: Mar-05-14 7:38 am
- Lawmakers report thousands in gifts from groups Updated: Mar-04-14 5:50 pm
- 2 NE Ohio school officials charged in bribery case Updated: Mar-04-14 3:27 am
- California lawmaker accused of corruption on leave Updated: Mar-03-14 12:16 am
- Ex-North NJ political leader sentenced for bribery Updated: Mar-01-14 12:00 pm
- Doctor admits role in medical lab bribery scheme Updated: Mar-01-14 11:44 am
- Chicago alderman's chief of staff charged Updated: Feb-28-14 8:59 pm
- Pressler 'American Hustle' ad to air during Oscars Updated: Feb-28-14 5:04 pm
- Corrupt RI ex-mayor freed after year in prison Updated: Feb-28-14 4:12 pm
- Fla. man gets 5 years for $30M NASA contract fraud Updated: Feb-28-14 3:17 pm
- US Supreme Court rejects Kohring appeal Updated: Feb-28-14 1:54 pm
- Ex-prison officer pleads guilty to taking bribe Updated: Feb-28-14 2:56 am
- Former Arkansas state treasurer pleads not guilty Updated: Feb-27-14 6:41 pm
- Ex-UC Irvine prof took research money from Japan Updated: Feb-27-14 4:40 pm
- Liberia: Oil company investigated for bribery Updated: Feb-26-14 9:37 am
- Probation for 2 Detroit inspectors who took bribes Updated: Feb-25-14 1:45 pm
- St. Louis County prosecutor resigns over texts Updated: Feb-25-14 1:35 pm
- W.Va. House passes attorney general conflicts bill Updated: Feb-24-14 10:46 pm
- Former hospital owner will say he bribed senator Updated: Feb-21-14 9:25 pm
- China accuses tycoon of murder in major gang bust Updated: Feb-20-14 10:40 pm
- Judge sentences bit player in corruption scheme Updated: Feb-20-14 10:16 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A former Virginia legislator convicted of bribery and extortion says he doesn't believe he deserves to be in prison, but he remains upbeat.
NEW YORK - A New York state assemblyman from a family of Brooklyn politicians was convicted Thursday of charges he was caught in a sting operation accepting bribes from a carnival promoter and two undercover FBI agents posing as out-of-town real estate investors.
OXFORD, Mississippi - The former director of a nonprofit housing agency has been sentenced to a year's probation and ordered to pay $89,400 in restitution.
BEDFORD HEIGHTS, Ohio - A suburban Cleveland municipal judge indicted last year on bribery and prostitution-related charges has pleaded not guilty to new charges of tampering with evidence and records in the case.
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - A Navajo Nation lawmaker has renewed legislation to oust the Tribal Council speaker, who is facing bribery and conspiracy charges.
SACRAMENTO, California - California lawmakers, including two Democrats who are on leave after being charged with criminal offenses, have reported thousands of dollars in gifts and travel expenses they received from donors.
CLEVELAND - A school superintendent and grounds director have been charged with demanding and receiving bribes from a company that did business with their Cleveland-area district.
SACRAMENTO, California - A California state lawmaker facing federal corruption charges alleging he took kickbacks while in office said Sunday evening he has taken an indefinite leave of absence from the Legislature while he awaits trial.
CAMDEN, New Jersey - A former northern New Jersey political leader who tried to bribe his way out of paying overdue taxes has been sentenced to two years in federal prison.
NEWARK, New Jersey - A New York City doctor has pleaded guilty in a long-running bribes-for-test referrals scheme involving a northern New Jersey firm.
CHICAGO - A Chicago alderman's chief of staff is charged with accepting a $7,500 bribe in exchange for helping to secure a letter from his boss supporting a liquor license, federal authorities announced Friday.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - As "American Hustle" vies for a best picture Oscar Sunday night, former U.S. Sen. Larry Pressler will pop into the Academy Awards broadcast a couple of times to remind South Dakota residents that he was the lone congressman to turn down a bribe in the real-life 1970s Abscam scandal.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A corrupt former Rhode Island mayor was freed from prison early Friday as part of a deal struck with federal and state prosecutors after an appeals court threw his 2012 conviction into question.
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - A Florida man was sentenced to five years in prison Friday for his role in a $30 million fraud and bribery scheme that duped NASA into awarding contracts that should have gone to minority-owned businesses.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The U.S. Supreme Court has rejected the appeal of a former Alaska state representative convicted of corruption.
ABINGDON, Virginia - A former correctional officer has pleaded guilty to smuggling contraband into the federal prison in Lee County.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Former Arkansas treasurer Martha Shoffner pleaded not guilty Thursday to mail fraud charges alleging that she misspent campaign funds - counts that won't be part of her upcoming bribery and extortion trial.
SANTA ANA, California - A former computer science professor at the University of California, Irvine, has pleaded guilty to a single felony count of conflict of interest for taking secret research payments from Japanese companies while working as a professor.
MONROVIA, Liberia - Liberia's anti-corruption commission says it's investigating claims that the country's oil company bribed lawmakers to ensure the passage of oil legislation.
DETROIT - Two Detroit building inspectors have received probation after pleading guilty to bribery charges for taking money in exchange for ignoring code and permit violations.
CLAYTON, Missouri - A top St. Louis County prosecutor has resigned after his messages to a private paralegal surfaced in a federal bribery investigation.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia delegates passed a proposal Monday with stricter conflict-of-interest requirements for the attorney general.
LOS ANGELES - The former owner of a tiny orthopedic hospital with an unusually heavy roster of spinal surgery patients was charged Friday with health care fraud in a $500 million scheme to defraud workers' compensation insurance providers with the help of a California state senator.
BEIJING - Authorities accused a Chinese mining tycoon of running a vast mafia that blackmailed, beat and gunned down rivals in daytime attacks, traveled in Rolls Royces and Ferraris and fostered ties to prosecutors and police with drug-fueled parties.
NEW ORLEANS - A bit player in the corruption scheme that snagged two New Orleans City Hall technology chiefs, and ultimately former Mayor Ray Nagin, was sentenced Thursday to four months in federal prison and five months of house arrest.