- DC corrections officer charged with bribery Updated: Apr-22-14 8:52 pm
- Star witness in Cianci corruption trial dies Updated: Apr-22-14 10:52 am
- San Francisco probe leading to entrapment claims Updated: Apr-19-14 5:55 pm
- Report: FBI probe includes legal work by Davis Updated: Apr-18-14 2:00 pm
- In Egypt, a corruption watchdog hit by backlash Updated: Apr-18-14 1:10 pm
- Revised fraud case against ex-leader of NY Senate Updated: Apr-18-14 12:26 pm
- NJ property owner charged with bribing official Updated: Apr-18-14 3:34 am
- 4th US Navy official charged in bribery scheme Updated: Apr-17-14 8:40 pm
- Ousted top South Texas lawman admits taking bribe Updated: Apr-17-14 7:29 pm
- Ex-Senegalese president's son to face graft trial Updated: Apr-17-14 2:14 pm
- Kenya sends 91 Somalis to Mogadishu amid crackdown Updated: Apr-17-14 11:52 am
- 2 ex-Cook County workers sentenced for bribery Updated: Apr-17-14 4:05 am
- Judge asked to allow use of lawmaker's statements Updated: Apr-16-14 1:33 pm
- GlaxoSmithKline discloses new bribery inquiries Updated: Apr-16-14 12:28 pm
- South Texas surveyor pleads guilty to bribery Updated: Apr-15-14 7:55 pm
- Ex-library official enters guilty plea to bribery Updated: Apr-15-14 7:10 pm
- Report: Glaxo bribed doctors in Poland Updated: Apr-14-14 9:02 am
- Prosecutors: Ecclestone was afraid of losing grip Updated: Apr-14-14 8:50 am
- Shoffner overshadows race for Arkansas treasurer Updated: Apr-13-14 4:29 pm
- Legislation targeting Okla. judiciary stirs debate Updated: Apr-13-14 3:43 pm
- Ex-Illinois department aide pleads guilty to fraud Updated: Apr-10-14 5:29 pm
- Mexico congressmen charge mayors for federal funds Updated: Apr-10-14 12:04 am
- South Texas mayor's relatives admit bribery Updated: Apr-09-14 6:52 pm
- HP to pay $108M to end international graft inquiry Updated: Apr-09-14 1:58 pm
- Potential evidence against lawmaker remains sealed Updated: Apr-08-14 5:19 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal prosecutors say a corrections officer at a Washington jail has been charged with smuggling a cellphone to an inmate for money.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A star witness in the corruption trial of former Providence Mayor Buddy Cianci (see-AN'-see) has died.
SAN FRANCISCO - The FBI used millions of dollars, liquor and cigarettes seized in other cases and more than a dozen undercover operatives in an elaborate, seven-year sting operation targeting a San Francisco Chinatown association thought to be a front for a notorious organized crime syndicate.
AUSTIN, Texas - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis' legal work for a taxpayer-funded tollway agency is part of a larger FBI-led investigation into the tollway group, according to a published report Friday.
CAIRO - Hesham Genena has created uproar by trying to actually do his job. The head of one of Egypt's foremost government oversight agencies, he says he has uncovered billions of dollars-worth of corruption, involving some of the country's most untouchable institutions, including the police, intelligence agencies, and the judiciary.
ALBANY, New York - When the former leader of New York's Senate goes to trial next month for the second time, he'll stand accused of only two charges under a revised fraud case alleging he took actual bribes or kickbacks.
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - A New Jersey man has been charged with trying to bribe an official with the Casino Reinvestment Development Authority in an effort to get a higher price for his Atlantic City property.
SAN DIEGO - A fourth member of the U.S. Navy has been charged with conspiracy to commit bribery in a multimillion-dollar scheme involving a Singapore-based defense contractor accused of providing cash, vacations, electronics and prostitutes in exchange for classified information.
McALLEN, Texas - A fired South Texas sheriff's commander whose indictment carried federal prosecutors a step closer to his boss pleaded guilty Thursday to accepting a bribe.
DAKAR, Senegal - An official says the son of Senegal's former president will be tried for illicit enrichment following an investigation into how he amassed his multimillion-dollar fortune.
NAIROBI, Kenya - If you have a beard or wear loose-fitting clothing associated with Muslims, you will be targeted, says Omar bin Omar as police carried out a security sweep of Somali neighborhoods amid alleged police abuses.
CHICAGO - Two former Cook County Board of Review analysts convicted of federal conspiracy, bribery and fraud charges have been sentenced to prison.
CHICAGO - Prosecutors want to be able to tell jurors about potentially damaging comments state Rep. Derrick Smith made to authorities as they questioned him about allegedly taking a bribe, though a federal judge said Tuesday she would rule on the matter later.
NEW YORK - British drugmaker GlaxoSmithKline is looking into allegations of bribery within its operations in Jordan and Lebanon.
DEL RIO, Texas - A South Texas surveyor and consultant has pleaded guilty to bribing officials of a Texas border county for public works contracts.
DETROIT - The ex-technology chief for Detroit's public libraries has pleaded guilty to bribery and conspiracy to commit bribery.
LONDON - The BBC reports that pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline is accused of bribing doctors to prescribe medicines in Poland.
MUNICH - Munich prosecutors believe Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone allegedly bribed a German banker because he was afraid of losing his grip on the racing series.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Despite it being a relatively little-known post, the Republican primary for Arkansas treasurer has hardly been a low-key affair. Overshadowed by a former state treasurer's conviction on bribery and extortion charges, the race is pitting two GOP rivals who each insist they're the best candidate to overhaul a troubled office.
OKLAHOMA CITY - For the first time since a bribery scandal rocked Oklahoma's Supreme Court 50 years ago, state lawmakers are considering tinkering with the way Supreme Court justices and appellate court judges are selected.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A former top aide at the Illinois Department of Public Health pleaded guilty Thursday in federal court to bribery and taking kickbacks in connection with $13 million in state grants and contracts and to obstructing a grand jury investigation.
MEXICO CITY - The mayor of the central Mexico city of Celaya thought he was having a private conversation when he told his staff that congressmen were requiring him to inflate a paving contract by 35 percent in exchange for $12.2 million in federal public works money.
McALLEN, Texas - Three relatives of a small South Texas town's mayor have pleaded guilty to conspiracy and bribery in a "pay to play" public contracting system involving federal funds.
NEW YORK - Hewlett-Packard will pay the U.S. government $108 million to settle charges that former employees paid bribes to officials in Russia, Mexico and Poland.
LOS ANGELES - Grand jury testimony and other potential evidence against indicted California state Sen. Ronald Calderon should not be handed over to his attorney at this time, a federal judge said Tuesday.