- Judge asked to allow use of lawmaker's statements Updated: Apr-16-14 1:33 pm
- GlaxoSmithKline discloses new bribery inquiries Updated: Apr-16-14 12:28 pm
- South Texas surveyor pleads guilty to bribery Updated: Apr-15-14 7:55 pm
- Ex-library official enters guilty plea to bribery Updated: Apr-15-14 7:10 pm
- Report: Glaxo bribed doctors in Poland Updated: Apr-14-14 9:02 am
- Prosecutors: Ecclestone was afraid of losing grip Updated: Apr-14-14 8:50 am
- Shoffner overshadows race for Arkansas treasurer Updated: Apr-13-14 4:29 pm
- Legislation targeting Okla. judiciary stirs debate Updated: Apr-13-14 3:43 pm
- Ex-Illinois department aide pleads guilty to fraud Updated: Apr-10-14 5:29 pm
- Mexico congressmen charge mayors for federal funds Updated: Apr-10-14 12:04 am
- South Texas mayor's relatives admit bribery Updated: Apr-09-14 6:52 pm
- HP to pay $108M to end international graft inquiry Updated: Apr-09-14 1:58 pm
- Kenya deports 82 Somalis in terror crackdown Updated: Apr-09-14 1:25 pm
- Potential evidence against lawmaker remains sealed Updated: Apr-08-14 5:19 pm
- McDonnell judge: No brief by 5 former Va. AGs Updated: Apr-07-14 5:28 pm
- Ex-city official pleads no contest to conflict Updated: Apr-07-14 4:59 pm
- GSK launches probe into Iraq bribery claims Updated: Apr-07-14 12:49 pm
- Ex-LA deputy gets 9 years in prison for rape Updated: Apr-04-14 6:23 pm
- Contractor in Va. pleads guilty to bribery Updated: Apr-04-14 6:01 pm
- Trial delayed for former Ouachita County judge Updated: Apr-04-14 2:38 pm
- Juror accused of taking bribe in Orleans case Updated: Apr-04-14 12:44 pm
- Bribery scandal an issue in Lafayette election Updated: Apr-04-14 11:28 am
- Tulsa police officer charged with accepting bribes Updated: Apr-03-14 5:24 pm
- Ex-Lawrence official gets 18-month jail sentence Updated: Apr-03-14 11:23 am
- Ex-lawmaker pleads guilty to corruption charges Updated: Apr-02-14 6:22 pm
CHICAGO - Prosecutors want to be able to tell jurors about potentially damaging comments state Rep. Derrick Smith made to authorities as they questioned him about allegedly taking a bribe, though a federal judge said Tuesday she would rule on the matter later.
NEW YORK - British drugmaker GlaxoSmithKline is looking into allegations of bribery within its operations in Jordan and Lebanon.
DEL RIO, Texas - A South Texas surveyor and consultant has pleaded guilty to bribing officials of a Texas border county for public works contracts.
DETROIT - The ex-technology chief for Detroit's public libraries has pleaded guilty to bribery and conspiracy to commit bribery.
LONDON - The BBC reports that pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline is accused of bribing doctors to prescribe medicines in Poland.
MUNICH - Munich prosecutors believe Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone allegedly bribed a German banker because he was afraid of losing his grip on the racing series.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Despite it being a relatively little-known post, the Republican primary for Arkansas treasurer has hardly been a low-key affair. Overshadowed by a former state treasurer's conviction on bribery and extortion charges, the race is pitting two GOP rivals who each insist they're the best candidate to overhaul a troubled office.
OKLAHOMA CITY - For the first time since a bribery scandal rocked Oklahoma's Supreme Court 50 years ago, state lawmakers are considering tinkering with the way Supreme Court justices and appellate court judges are selected.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A former top aide at the Illinois Department of Public Health pleaded guilty Thursday in federal court to bribery and taking kickbacks in connection with $13 million in state grants and contracts and to obstructing a grand jury investigation.
MEXICO CITY - The mayor of the central Mexico city of Celaya thought he was having a private conversation when he told his staff that congressmen were requiring him to inflate a paving contract by 35 percent in exchange for $12.2 million in federal public works money.
McALLEN, Texas - Three relatives of a small South Texas town's mayor have pleaded guilty to conspiracy and bribery in a "pay to play" public contracting system involving federal funds.
NEW YORK - Hewlett-Packard will pay the U.S. government $108 million to settle charges that former employees paid bribes to officials in Russia, Mexico and Poland.
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenya deported more than 80 Somali nationals Wednesday as part of an ongoing security crackdown by Kenyan authorities following recent terror attacks, Kenya's internal security minister said.
LOS ANGELES - Grand jury testimony and other potential evidence against indicted California state Sen. Ronald Calderon should not be handed over to his attorney at this time, a federal judge said Tuesday.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Five former Virginia attorneys general won't be allowed to file court papers arguing that public corruption charges against ex-Gov. Bob McDonnell should be dismissed.
LOS ANGELES - A former official from the small Los Angeles County city of Irwindale has pleaded no contest to a conflict of interest count and agreed to pay more than $9,000 in fines and restitution.
LONDON - GlaxoSmithKline said Monday it has launched an investigation into allegations it bribed doctors in Iraq, as the pharmaceuticals giant remains embroiled in a major corruption scandal in China.
LOS ANGELES - A former Los Angeles County sheriff's deputy has been sentenced to nine years in prison for raping a woman while on duty and trying to get another to have sex with him.
NORFOLK, Virginia - A former Chesapeake defense contractor has pleaded guilty in a bribery scheme.
EL DORADO, Arkansas - A federal judge has delayed the trial of a former Ouachita County judge accused of awarding a disaster-relief contract in exchange for a campaign contribution.
NEW ORLEANS - An Orleans Parish man who served on a jury in August that acquitted a suspect on drug and public intimidation charges is facing allegations that he took a bribe from the defendant and later lied to a state grand jury.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - In a letter mailed to residents, the District Attorney for Lafayette, Vermilion and Acadia parishes apologizes for the involvement of three of his employees in a bribery scheme.
TULSA, Oklahoma - A Tulsa police officer has been charged with receiving bribes and attempting to deliver cocaine.
LAWRENCE, Massachusetts - The former chief of staff to the ex-mayor of Lawrence has been sentenced to 18 months in jail for corruption.
HELENA, Montana - A former state legislator pleaded guilty Wednesday to theft, bribery and tax-evasion charges for taking hundreds of thousands of dollars in kickbacks and bribes from consultants and contractors who were awarded federal money for projects on the Rocky Boy's Indian Reservation.