- FIFA scandal reverberating across soccer-crazy South America Updated: May-29-15 4:59 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Within hours of the FIFA scandal breaking, Sergio Jadue, the president of Chile's soccer federation, was declaring his innocence even though he wasn't formally accused of anything.
- Long Island prosecutor probes NY legislators' travel records Updated: May-29-15 3:17 pm
MINEOLA, New York - A Long Island prosecutor said Friday her office is examining the travel records of all New York state lawmakers from Nassau County.
- City investigates allegations of property inspection bribes Updated: May-29-15 8:44 am
FRESNO, California - A city investigation is underway to determine whether Fresno officials accepted bribes to ignore code violations discovered during property inspections.
- THE LATEST: Qataris defend integrity in 2022 World Cup bid Updated: May-29-15 8:18 am
ZURICH - The latest on FIFA developments:
- Prosecutors: ex-Va. first lady's conviction should be upheld Updated: May-28-15 8:23 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Federal prosecutors say there is easily enough evidence to support former Virginia first lady Maureen McDonnell's public corruption convictions.
- FIFA probe shines light on middle-man sports marketing firms Updated: May-28-15 4:56 pm
NEW YORK - The U.S. Justice Department's targeting of FIFA, soccer's global governing body, has put a spotlight on the powerful role that marketing firms play in the global sports arena.
- Former FIFA member Blazer's plea seems key to investigation Updated: May-28-15 11:27 am
NEW YORK - Former FIFA executive committee member Chuck Blazer appears to have provided key information that has been central to the Justice Department's soccer corruption investigation, linking other officials in the Americas to a series of schemes.
- Visa becomes first FIFA sponsor to warn it could jump ship Updated: May-28-15 11:13 am
LONDON - Worried that their reputations will be tarnished by their links to FIFA, major sponsors are demanding that soccer's global governing body clean up its act, with Visa even warning it is prepared to jump ship.
- South Africa's 2010 WCup bid implicated in corruption probe Updated: May-28-15 11:05 am
STELLENBOSCH, South Africa - When South Africa won the right to host Africa's first World Cup, it was seen as a heartwarming reward for Nelson Mandela and a country that had shaken off decades of apartheid.
- 12 schemes outlined by prosecutors in soccer indictment Updated: May-27-15 10:42 pm
The indictment of soccer officials and marketing and TV executives Wednesday alleges 12 schemes:
- $150M in bribes, dozen schemes: US prosecutors' FIFA case Updated: May-27-15 9:59 pm
NEW YORK - In accusing soccer federation leaders of tarnishing the sport by taking $150 million in bribes and payoffs, U.S. prosecutors laid out a sweeping corruption case that hinges on the testimony of insiders, including some who have agreed to cooperate in plea deals.
- US, Swiss target top soccer officials in corruption probe Updated: May-27-15 7:38 pm
ZURICH - The U.S. government launched an attack on what it called deep-seated and brazen corruption in soccer's global governing body Wednesday, pulling FIFA executives out of a luxury Swiss hotel to face racketeering charges and raiding regional offices in Miami.
- Parking meter bribery: Former Portland official gets 2 years Updated: May-27-15 3:04 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A federal judge has sentenced a former Portland city official to two years in prison for taking bribes to help a Florida company land a contract to install high-tech parking meters.
- Romanian mayor arrested for bribes, quits ruling party Updated: May-27-15 6:55 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - A former Romanian mayor who once dressed in a Nazi uniform at a fashion show has quit the ruling party weeks after he was arrested and charged with taking bribes.
- US Department of Justice statement on FIFA corruption probe Updated: May-27-15 6:22 am
- NY attorney general to submit broad ethics reforms bill Updated: May-27-15 12:17 am
ALBANY, New York - New York's attorney general soon plans to submit broad and detailed legislation aimed at ending public corruption in Albany, which he said lawmakers need to enact during a year when their leaders were both arrested on federal charges.
- Prosecutors say Troy Kelley paid stolen money to law firm Updated: May-26-15 11:23 pm
SEATTLE - Federal prosecutors say indicted Washington state Auditor Troy Kelley paid more than $900,000 in stolen money to the high-priced law firm representing him, and they want a judge to look into whether that creates a conflict of interest for his attorney.
- 5 Things to Know in Florida for May 27 Updated: May-26-15 5:27 pm
Your daily look at news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today.
- John Murphy, NY congressman convicted in Abscam, dies at 88 Updated: May-26-15 10:28 am
NEW YORK - Former Congressman John Murphy, who represented Staten Island for 18 years before being caught in the Abscam corruption scandal in the late 1970s, has died. He was 88.
- Ex-Israeli Premier Olmert sentenced to 8 months in prison Updated: May-25-15 8:56 am
JERUSALEM - Former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert was sentenced Monday to eight months in prison for unlawfully accepting money from a U.S. supporter, capping the dramatic downfall of a man who only years earlier led the country and hoped to bring about a historic peace agreement with the Palestinians.
- New Jersey man gets 6 years in railroad conspiracy case Updated: May-22-15 5:23 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A northern New Jersey man convicted of participating in a scheme to fraudulently get state funds for a railroad repair project has been sentenced to six years in state prison.
- UK tabloid reporter found guilty in bribery case Updated: May-22-15 1:16 pm
LONDON - A British tabloid reporter accused of paying police for news tips has been found guilty of aiding and abetting public office misconduct.
- Iowa probes allegation of prostitute bribe for pipeline Updated: May-22-15 8:38 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation is checking allegations that an agent working for a pipeline company offered to hire a prostitute for a landowner if he would allow access to his land.
- Army sergeant sentenced in 2013 Afghan fuel bribery scheme Updated: May-21-15 4:22 pm
COLUMBUS, Georgia - Federal prosecutors in Georgia say an Army sergeant has been sentenced in a bribery scheme that involved Afghan truckers reselling military fuel on the black market.
- Bernalillo County DA wants fed probe into Albuquerque police Updated: May-21-15 1:23 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A New Mexico district attorney who drew national attention for seeking murder charges against two officers wants federal authorities to probe Albuquerque police's bribery investigation into her.