- Tests confirm norovirus at Asheville school Updated: Mar-12-14 6:28 am
- FDA halts production at Delaware cheese plant Updated: Mar-11-14 7:01 pm
- Haitians sue UN over cholera epidemic Updated: Mar-11-14 4:40 pm
- Coffee shop reopens after norovirus outbreak Updated: Mar-11-14 11:07 am
- 16 cases of mumps reported in Ohio State outbreak Updated: Mar-10-14 5:49 pm
- Whooping cough outbreak affects Weber County Updated: Mar-01-14 8:52 pm
- California health officials: Outbreaks not linked Updated: Feb-28-14 1:41 pm
- Norovirus reported at Charlotte care centers Updated: Feb-28-14 8:07 am
- Salmonella sickens nearly 2 dozen in Minnesota Updated: Feb-24-14 7:19 pm
- Florida groups criticize UN over cholera lawsuit Updated: Feb-24-14 7:10 pm
- Central Texas county reports jump in rabies cases Updated: Feb-24-14 9:08 am
- Novartis meningitis vaccine used at 2nd US campus Updated: Feb-24-14 8:25 am
- NJ couple sues over New York resort virus Updated: Feb-19-14 8:49 am
- Fiji: Tourists face little risk in dengue outbreak Updated: Feb-18-14 8:55 pm
- Federal hep C trial date now July, new judge due Updated: Feb-16-14 9:05 am
- US, 26 countries launch effort to fight outbreaks Updated: Feb-13-14 12:06 pm
- Gastroenteritis illness outbreak at jail in Bend Updated: Feb-11-14 8:23 pm
- After grief, life goes on at big-cat rescue center Updated: Feb-11-14 1:25 pm
- Dozen cats have died in Iowa City disease outbreak Updated: Feb-11-14 8:31 am
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Tests have confirmed an outbreak of the norovirus at an Asheville elementary school.
WASHINGTON - The Food and Drug Administration has halted operations at a Delaware cheese plant after an outbreak of listeria linked to the company's cheese killed one person and sickened seven others.
NEW YORK - Nearly 1,500 Haitians filed a lawsuit Tuesday seeking compensation from the United Nations for victims of a cholera outbreak that health officials say has killed more than 8,000 people and sickened over 600,000 in the impoverished Caribbean nation.
BROOKLYN PARK, Minnesota - A coffee shop in a Twin Cities suburb has been sanitized after at least seven employees apparently passed the norovirus to customers.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Public health officials say 16 mumps cases have been confirmed in an outbreak at Ohio State University.
OGDEN, Utah - Health officials say an outbreak of whooping cough has affected more than 30 students at three Weber County schools and their family members.
SAN FRANCISCO - Small but unusual outbreaks of tuberculosis, measles and an extremely rare polio-like disease in several regions across California have set off concerns about the risks of exposure. All the infectious disease reports are actively being investigated, and California health officials say it is sheer coincidence that they arose at the same time.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Mecklenburg County medical officials say norovirus has been reported at a half-dozen long-term care centers in the Charlotte area.
MAPLE GROVE, Minnesota - Minnesota health officials say nearly two dozen people were sickened by a salmonella outbreak at an Old Country Buffet in Maple Grove.
MIAMI - Haitian community advocates in South Florida say the United Nations' lack of response to a lawsuit seeking compensation for cholera victims in Haiti is part of a pattern of evading responsibility for the outbreak.
GATESVILLE, Texas - A Central Texas county is dealing with its worst outbreak of rabies in more than a decade.
GENEVA - Swiss drug maker Novartis says a second U.S. university is using its new vaccine against meningitis B.
NEW PALTZ, New York - A lawsuit has been filed against a New York resort that closed for a week after a virus sickened hundreds of guests and employees.
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Fiji is grappling with its worst outbreak of dengue fever in 16 years, but authorities say tourists visiting tropical beaches face little risk.
LAS VEGAS - A new judge will preside over a federal trial that has been pushed back to July 29 for a former Las Vegas physician and clinic owner already convicted in state court in a 2007 endoscopy clinic hepatitis outbreak.
WASHINGTON - The U.S. and 26 other countries began a new effort Thursday to prevent and fight outbreaks of dangerous infectious diseases before they spread around the globe.
BEND, Oregon - An outbreak of gastrointestinal illness has sickened 40 inmates and eight workers at the Deschutes County Jail in Bend, Oregon
WYLIE, Texas - The 10 new tigers that arrived last week at the In-Sync Exotics Wildlife Rescue and Education Center are a sorry-looking crew. They're skinny and scared, still disoriented by transport, wary of their new surroundings.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - The deaths of a dozen cats at the Iowa City Animal Care and Adoption Center have been blamed on a contagious viral disease.