- Fall break boosts school custodians' fight against norovirus Updated: Nov-29-15 4:14 pm
RENO, Nevada - School custodians spent hundreds of hours disinfecting surfaces to stem a norovirus outbreak that eventually reached 19 schools.
- Farm recalls produce used in Costco salad linked to E. coli Updated: Nov-26-15 9:48 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A California farm is recalling a vegetable mix believed to be the source of E.coli in Costco chicken salad that has been linked to an outbreak that has sickened 19 people in seven states, the Food and Drug Administration said Thursday.
- Lawmakers: Agency not doing enough against dengue fever Updated: Nov-26-15 7:05 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii state Sen. Russell Ruderman worries whenever there's a mosquito buzzing in his home.
- Costco: FDA tests point toward E. coli in salad vegetables Updated: Nov-25-15 7:47 pm
SEATTLE - Costco officials say testing has pointed toward a vegetable mix from a California food wholesaler as the source of E. coli in the company's chicken salad that has been linked to an outbreak that has sickened 19 people in seven states.
- Chipotle bounces back after end-of-week sell-off Updated: Nov-23-15 11:39 am
NEW YORK - Chipotle rebounded from a heavy sell-off in shares to end last week after it was discovered that the E. coli outbreak connected to restaurant chain had spread from the Pacific Northwest to a number of other states.
- Chickenpox outbreak keeps over 35 students out of school Updated: Nov-23-15 3:45 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - More than 35 unimmunized students at two Traverse City elementary schools will be kept out of the classroom for three weeks after a chickenpox outbreak.
- Hawaii County tries to cut down on mosquito breeding grounds Updated: Nov-22-15 3:08 pm
HILO, Hawaii - Disused tires collect water and give mosquitoes a breeding ground, which Hawaii County is trying to reduce amid a dengue fever outbreak by offering free recycling.
- E. coli outbreak linked to Chipotle expands to 6 states Updated: Nov-20-15 7:29 pm
NEW YORK - An outbreak of E. coli linked to Chipotle that originated in the Pacific Northwest has spread south and east and has now infected people in six states.
- UN Ebola chief says priority now is helping 15,000 survivors Updated: Nov-18-15 8:24 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The United Nations Ebola chief said Wednesday his top priority now that the deadly Ebola epidemic appears to be nearing an end is helping more than 15,000 survivors who need medical and psychological support.
- Missionaries head back to West Africa after Ebola outbreak Updated: Nov-10-15 9:41 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Missionaries from The Church of Jesus-Christ of Latter-day Saints will return to Liberia now that the West African country has been declared free of Ebola.
- Health workers to retest those close to HIV outbreak Updated: Nov-09-15 4:02 am
INDIANAPOLIS - State health officials will retest nearly 300 "high-risk" people close to those who have tested positive in the southeastern Indiana HIV outbreak.
- University of Iowa to provide free mumps vaccine to students Updated: Nov-07-15 5:28 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - University of Iowa health specialists will be providing students with a third dose of the vaccine for measles, mumps and rubella for free in an effort to stem a mumps outbreak on campus.
- Patients lose civil trial related to '12 meningitis outbreak Updated: Nov-07-15 11:44 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - A jury says doctors at a northern Michigan clinic weren't negligent in using tainted steroids that were part of a national meningitis outbreak.
- Another lawsuit filed against Chipotle in E. coli outbreak Updated: Nov-06-15 6:07 pm
SEATTLE - A second Washington woman and an Oregon man who contracted E. coli after eating at a Chipotle franchise are suing the Mexican restaurant chain.
- Apple cider suspected in western Illinois outbreak Updated: Nov-06-15 4:21 am
PITTSFIELD, Illinois - Health officials in two western Illinois counties are investigating an illness affecting people who drank apple cider during a recent fall festival.
- New cases show shigellosis spreads in Kansas City area Updated: Nov-06-15 3:20 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The shigellosis outbreak that began in the Kansas City area in July continues to spread.
- Restaurant linked to widespread bacterial infection reopens Updated: Nov-05-15 11:45 pm
SAN JOSE, California - A Northern California restaurant linked to a bacterial infection that sickened nearly 200 people has reopened.
- Norovirus outbreak at Washoe County schools subsiding Updated: Nov-05-15 12:15 pm
RENO, Nevada - Officials say most Washoe County public schools affected by a norovirus outbreak in the past month have returned to normal thanks to the fall break.
- Conservation group sues to stop commercial salmon farms Updated: Nov-04-15 6:41 pm
SEATTLE - The Wild Fish Conservancy filed a lawsuit Wednesday against federal environmental and fisheries managers for allowing commercial salmon farms in Puget Sound.
- Things to know about the investigation of E. coli outbreak Updated: Nov-04-15 5:23 am
SEATTLE - Thirty-seven people in the Pacific Northwest have fallen ill with E. coli in an outbreak connected to Chipotle Mexican restaurants.
- CDC: More food poisoning outbreaks cross state lines Updated: Nov-03-15 4:22 pm
NEW YORK - The government is reporting an increase in food poisoning outbreaks that span multiple states, like the one that this week prompted Chipotle to close 43 of its restaurants in the Pacific Northwest.
- 5 things to know about Pacific Northwest E.coli outbreak Updated: Nov-03-15 4:45 am
SEATTLE - Chipotle has closed 43 of its Pacific Northwest locations in response to an E. coli outbreak health officials have connected to the Mexican food chain.