- US plays Aruba or St Vincent in World Cup qualifying opener Updated: Jul-27-15 5:55 pm
ST. LOUIS - The United States will host Aruba or St. Vincent and the Grenadines at St. Louis on Nov. 13 in the Americans' opening qualifier for the 2018 World Cup.
- Shannon Boxx and Lauren Holiday to retire after victory tour Updated: Jul-27-15 5:55 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - U.S. soccer formally announced that midfielders Shannon Boxx and Lauren Holiday will retire from the U.S. national team following a victory tour to celebrate the Women's World Cup title.
- World Cup hero Carli Lloyd rips, scores on former NWSL team Updated: Jul-26-15 10:35 pm
ROCHESTER, New York - Carli Lloyd, the World Cup final hero for the U.S. women's team, had sharp criticism for her former NWSL team that didn't abate after she scored the winner over the weekend.
- Fox planning World Cup studio in Moscow's Red Square Updated: Jul-23-15 5:54 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - David Neal looks ahead to the World Cup in less than three years and envisions Fox broadcasting from its own studio in the middle of Moscow's Red Square.
- Women's soccer enjoying its World Cup bump Updated: Jul-23-15 2:17 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Nowhere could the World Cup bump in women's soccer be more apparent than in Portland, where more than 21,000 fans watched a National Women's Soccer League rivalry match between the Thorns and the Seattle Reign.
- Thorns-Reign sellout sets NWSL record Updated: Jul-23-15 1:14 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Portland Thorns played the rival Seattle Reign on Wednesday night before a National Women's Soccer League record crowd of 21,144.
- US women add 2 matches against Australia to victory tour Updated: Jul-21-15 1:39 pm
The U.S. women's national team has added a pair of September matches against Australia to its World Cup victory tour.
- Morgan and Messi grace cover of FIFA 16 video game Updated: Jul-20-15 5:03 pm
Lionel Messi will be joined by Alex Morgan on the cover of EA Sports' FIFA 16 video game.
- US forward Sydney Leroux needs ankle surgery Updated: Jul-17-15 9:26 pm
CHICAGO - U.S. women's national team forward Sydney Leroux will have surgery on her right ankle and will be sidelined for at much as three months.
- US forward Morgan has knee surgery Updated: Jul-17-15 9:14 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - U.S. women's national team forward Alex Morgan had surgery on her right knee and is expected to be out for three to four weeks.
- 'Kids' Choice Sports' telecast to salute World Cup champs Updated: Jul-15-15 12:41 pm
LOS ANGELES - The "Kids' Choice Sports" awards show is adding a tribute to America's new soccer superstars.
- Murray, Hill win national prep athlete of the year awards Updated: Jul-15-15 12:03 am
LOS ANGELES - Kyler Murray, a quarterback headed to Texas A&M, and sprinter Candace Hill were honored as the national prep athletes of the year Tuesday night.
- Ticket sales soar for US women's soccer game in Pittsburgh Updated: Jul-14-15 4:41 pm
PITTSBURGH - Ticket sales for a U.S. women's soccer match in Pittsburgh continue to skyrocket in the wake of the team's World Cup victory.
- New study banning headers only part of stopping concussions Updated: Jul-14-15 9:03 am
AURORA, Colorado - A group of scientists checked a decade's worth of data about what causes concussions in high school soccer. Their conclusion: While a ban on heading would help decrease head injuries, what the game really needs is better enforcement of rules restricting all sorts of player-to-player contact.
- Rough play is riskier than heading in youth soccer: Study Updated: Jul-13-15 1:46 pm
CHICAGO - Heading takes the heat in youth soccer, but limiting rough play might be a better way to prevent concussions and other injuries, a nine-year study of U.S. high school games suggests.
- Women's Soccer Parade produced over 29 tons of debris in NYC Updated: Jul-13-15 10:21 am
NEW YORK - New York City collected 29.6 tons of debris from Friday's parade up the Canyon of Heroes to honor the World Cup-winning U.S. Women's Soccer Team.
- US women's soccer team joins Taylor Swift onstage at concert Updated: Jul-11-15 4:37 am
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - Taylor Swift was a true all-American girl at her concert Friday night as she honored the U.S. women's soccer team by bringing them onstage.
- Mexican soccer player off Pan Am team with chickenpox Updated: Jul-10-15 6:14 pm
TORONTO - A player for Mexico's women's soccer team has been pulled from the Pan Am Games team after being diagnosed with chickenpox.
- Think your place is a mess? NYC parade yields tons of debris Updated: Jul-10-15 11:47 am
NEW YORK - Are you dreading the thought of a big mess that awaits you at home?
- Big win, big flag: 450-pound banner honors World Cup champs Updated: Jul-10-15 11:39 am
NEW YORK - Officials say they've unfurled the world's largest free-flying American flag from the George Washington Bridge as a tribute to the World Cup soccer champions.
- NYC soccer parade costs about $2 million Updated: Jul-10-15 10:51 am
NEW YORK - New York City officials estimate the parade for America's World Cup Soccer champions will cost $2 million.
- US top of FIFA rankings after winning Women's World Cup Updated: Jul-10-15 8:30 am
ZURICH - The United States has returned to the top of the FIFA women's rankings after winning the World Cup.
- NYC girls who play soccer treated to a parade watch party Updated: Jul-10-15 8:00 am
NEW YORK - Girls who play soccer are being treated to a watch party overlooking the Women's World Cup parade route in Lower Manhattan.
- Metro-North adds trains for the NYC soccer parade Updated: Jul-10-15 6:29 am
NEW YORK - Metro-North has added four extra trains in New York and Connecticut for people going to the Manhattan soccer parade.
- Rule 1: Don't drive anywhere near the NYC soccer parade Updated: Jul-10-15 6:01 am
NEW YORK - The soccer parade in Lower Manhattan presents some tricky logistics for residents and visitors.