- Alex Morgan hopes last injury was the last Updated: Aug-27-15 10:35 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Alex Morgan hopes she's emerging from her last injury layoff for a while.
- Egypt withdraws from soccer competitions at African games Updated: Aug-26-15 10:24 am
CAIRO - The Confederation of African Football says Egypt has withdrawn both its men's and women's soccer teams from the All Africa Games in Republic of Congo next month.
- Thorns announce sellout for Aug. 30 game Updated: Aug-21-15 10:27 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Portland Thorns of the National Women's Soccer League announced a sellout of their Aug. 30 match against the Washington Spirit at Providence Park.
- Baylor says it will investigate handling of Ukwuachu case Updated: Aug-21-15 9:19 pm
Baylor University will conduct an investigation into the school's handling of sexual assault allegations against a football player who was allowed to transfer into coach Art Briles' program despite a history of disciplinary problems at Boise State.
- World Cup experience made Miami goalie Catalina Perez better Updated: Aug-20-15 1:11 pm
CORAL GABLES, Florida - Miami goalkeeper Catalina Perez held her ground against the best women's soccer team in the world this summer.
- World Cup soccer star Carli Lloyd has book deal Updated: Aug-20-15 8:41 am
NEW YORK - World Cup soccer star Carli Lloyd, whose three goals in the 2015 final led the U.S. to a 5-2 victory over Japan, has a book deal.
- US women beat Costa Rica 7-2 in rainy exhibition Updated: Aug-19-15 11:59 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Not even a thunderstorm could slow down the United States in the latest chapter of its Women's World Cup victory tour.
- Lightning delays US women's exhibition with Costa Rica Updated: Aug-19-15 8:56 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Lightning delayed the U.S. women's soccer team's exhibition game against Costa Rica for nearly 90 minutes Wednesday night.
- Portland to host NWSL championship match Updated: Aug-17-15 10:00 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The National Women's Soccer League will hold its championship match at Providence Park in Portland, Oregon.
- Lori Chalupny announces retirement from US national team Updated: Aug-17-15 5:11 pm
Defender Lori Chalupny has announced her retirement from the U.S. women's national team.
- UNC uncovers potentially more violations in academic scandal Updated: Aug-14-15 5:38 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - North Carolina uncovered possible additional NCAA violations in women's basketball and men's soccer while preparing the response to its long-running academic scandal, the school announced Friday.
- CONCACAF women's qualifying set for February in Texas Updated: Aug-12-15 6:36 pm
The World Cup-champion U.S. women's national team will get home-country advantage early next year in the bid for a spot in the Rio Olympics.
- Record attendance on tap for US women's soccer match Updated: Aug-06-15 5:37 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh is on pace to set the record for the largest home crowd at a standalone U.S. women's national soccer team friendly.
- US women's coach Jill Ellis gets contract extension Updated: Aug-05-15 6:35 pm
CHICAGO - Jill Ellis has been rewarded with a contract extension after leading the U.S. women to the World Cup title. Next challenge: the Olympics.
- State agency to help track Clemson-South Carolina rivalry Updated: Aug-04-15 3:41 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Fans of Clemson and South Carolina have long kept score in the rivalry between the respective schools. Now, the state Department of Agriculture and both athletic departments are making things official.
- University of Arkansas opening soccer practices Updated: Aug-04-15 2:11 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas' women's soccer team will open practice Wednesday for its 2015 season.
- Spain replaces women's soccer coach Quereda after 27 years Updated: Jul-31-15 2:28 pm
MADRID - Spain's national women's soccer team has a new coach for the first time in 27 years after Jorge Vilda was hired to replace Ignacio Quereda, who had been in charge since 1988.
- Oklahoma Christian approved for NCAA Division II membership Updated: Jul-30-15 11:48 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma Christian University officials say the NCAA has approved the university of full membership in NCAA Division II.
- Correction: FIFA-Zimbabwe Fined story Updated: Jul-30-15 11:09 am
ZURICH - In a story July 29 about FIFA fining Zimbabwe's football association for failing to show up for a women's Olympic qualifier, The Associated Press erroneously reported that Zimbabwe had later withdrawn from the qualifying competition. Zimbabwe only withdrew from the first leg.