- Japan beat Sweden late to reach Algarve final Updated: Mar-10-14 7:45 pm
- Porter wins at Oregon Sports Awards Updated: Mar-10-14 1:22 am
- Sweden beats US 1-0, ends 43-game unbeaten streak Updated: Mar-08-14 4:39 am
- McBride, Lilly, Bradley elected to US soccer Hall Updated: Feb-24-14 5:39 pm
- Alex Morgan to miss Algarve Cup with ankle injury Updated: Feb-24-14 2:48 pm
- US women's soccer to host China in Colorado Updated: Feb-20-14 5:57 pm
- Abby Wambach scores in US win over Russia Updated: Feb-13-14 10:15 pm
- American women beat Russia 8-0 in friendly Updated: Feb-13-14 10:08 pm
- One family behind West Bank's best soccer team Updated: Feb-12-14 2:20 am
- Russia-US women's exhibition postponed by weather Updated: Feb-10-14 9:42 pm
FARO, Portugal - Aya Miyama scored a last-minute penalty on Monday as Japan beat Sweden 2-1 to advance to the Algarve Cup final.
BEAVERTON, Oregon - Portland Timbers coach Caleb Porter was named the Slats Gill Sportsperson of the Year at the Oregon Sports Awards.
The U.S. women's soccer team's two-year unbeaten streak ended at 43 games Friday with a 1-0 loss to Sweden and former coach Pia Sundhage at the Algarve Cup in Albufiera, Portugal.
CHICAGO - Brian McBride and Kristine Lilly have been elected to the U.S. National Soccer Hall of Fame along with former men's national team coach Bob Bradley.
CHICAGO - American forward Alex Morgan will miss the Algarve Cup next month because of an ankle injury that has sidelined her since the start of the year.
CHICAGO - The U.S. women's soccer team will host China in an exhibition game on April 6 at Commerce City, Colorado
ATLANTA - Abby Wambach scored her record 165th international goal and the U.S. women's soccer team beat Russia 8-0 in an exhibition Thursday night to extend its unbeaten streak to 42 games.
ATLANTA - Abby Wambach scored her record 165th international goal in the U.S. women football team's comprehensive 8-0 win over Russia in a friendly Thursday.
WADI AL-NEES, West Bank - Palestinian farmer Yousef Abu Hammad sired enough boys for a soccer team - literally. Over the years, his 12 sons have formed the core of what is now the top-ranked team in the West Bank.
ATLANTA - A winter storm warning has convinced U.S. soccer officials to postpone the U.S. women's exhibition game against Russia from Wednesday to Thursday at the Georgia Dome.