- Governor's group identifies $91M in Medicaid savings Updated: Apr-30-15 3:35 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A working group formed by Gov. Gina Raimondo has identified $91 million in savings for the state through changes to the Medicaid program.
- Nursing home industry stalls Medicaid privatization process Updated: Apr-22-15 6:31 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's nursing home industry is trying to exempt itself from the final phase of Gov. Bobby Jindal's Medicaid privatization plan.
- US intervenes in whistleblower cases against nursing homes Updated: Apr-21-15 3:10 pm
McLEAN, Virginia - The Justice Department said Tuesday that it is stepping into a long-running lawsuit against one of the nation's largest nursing-home chains, accusing it of systematic Medicare overbilling and sometimes putting frail, dying patients through arduous rehab schedules just to increase revenue.
- Nursing home staff shortage worse in southeast Minnesota Updated: Apr-16-15 11:38 am
ROCHESTER, Minnesota - A staffing shortage at Minnesota nursing homes is hitting the southeast part of the state particularly hard.
- Union agrees to postpone Connecticut nursing home strike Updated: Apr-14-15 12:11 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A union representing nursing home workers is agreeing to a request from Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy to postpone a planned strike in 20 communities.
- New Mexico program tackling Alzheimer's with music on iPods Updated: Apr-13-15 12:46 pm
AZTEC, New Mexico - About 20 residents of the Good Samaritan Society's Four Corners Village sat inside a chapel on the Aztec campus on Wednesday and sang the hymn "The Sweet By-and-By."
- Providence nursing home with $2 million in debt to shut down Updated: Apr-10-15 9:43 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Providence nursing home with more than $2 million in debt is preparing to shut its doors.
- Elder care costs keep climbing; nursing home bill now $91K Updated: Apr-09-15 6:52 pm
NEW YORK - The steep cost of caring for the elderly continues to climb. The median bill for a private room in a nursing home is now $91,250 a year, according to an industry survey out Thursday.
- Union for 3,500 nursing home workers calls for strike Updated: Apr-09-15 6:13 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A union representing 3,500 workers has called for a strike at 27 nursing homes in Connecticut beginning April 24.
- Court considers when dementia makes person unable to consent Updated: Apr-07-15 1:55 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A former state lawmaker accused of raping his wife in a nursing home is forcing an Iowa court to confront a little-discussed question of aging: When is a person suffering from dementia unable to consent to sex?
- Ventas buys Ardent, spinning off skilled nursing facilities Updated: Apr-06-15 10:25 am
NEW YORK - Ventas Inc. will pay $1.75 billion for Ardent Medical Services Inc. and will spin off most of its skilled nursing facilities into a publicly traded real estate investment trust. It shares got a lift in morning trading.
- 40000 on La Medicaid waiting list for home health care Updated: Apr-04-15 11:18 am
NEW ORLEANS - Louisiana may be facing a crisis as its elderly population grows.