- Unexpected friendship forms in Kansas City hospice Updated: Apr-29-16 2:23 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Jen Moss took to Jody Wooton from the first moments they met.
- South Bend Cubs pitchers sliding into senior living homes Updated: Apr-14-16 6:03 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Most people live at retirement communities at the end of their careers.
- Nurses push NY lawmakers to pass minimum staffing law Updated: Apr-13-16 4:43 pm
ALBANY, New York - Nearly 2,000 nurses from around New York state traveled to the Capitol in Albany on Wednesday to urge lawmakers to pass a minimum staffing law that would mandate how many nurses are on duty at hospitals and nursing homes.
- Severe penalties levied against Wilmington nursing home Updated: Apr-07-16 6:44 am
WILMINGTON, Massachusetts - Federal regulators have imposed a steep fine that has the potential to keep growing against a northeast Massachusetts nursing home where two residents have died since December.
- University of Missouri nursing school gets $20M for study Updated: Apr-06-16 1:38 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The nursing school at the University of Missouri has received nearly $20 million in federal funds to expand research that has already reduced hospitalizations among nursing home residents in the St. Louis region.
- New push to keep seniors in home, community-based programs Updated: Apr-04-16 12:13 pm
CHICAGO - The federal government is pushing states to keep more low-income seniors out of nursing homes and, instead, enroll them in home and community-based programs.
- Man sentenced to death for killing 9 in China nursing home Updated: Apr-02-16 2:11 am
BEIJING - A man who killed nine people and injured nine others in a Chinese nursing home has been sentenced to death, the official Xinhua News Agency said Saturday.