- Gaps in mental, intellectual services investigated Updated: Dec-09-13 8:55 pm
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief Updated: Dec-08-13 6:37 am
- Fla. city ends program allowing backyard chickens Updated: Dec-06-13 11:21 am
- Salem man accused of assaulting 2 disabled women Updated: Dec-04-13 10:22 am
- Northern Va. school serves meals and training Updated: Dec-01-13 10:37 am
- Autistic NJ teen who went missing now back home Updated: Nov-28-13 2:35 pm
- School test exclusions raise questions in Maryland Updated: Nov-25-13 10:41 am
- Md. man gets 10 years for abuse of autistic girl Updated: Nov-21-13 4:52 pm
- ND woman sentenced for stealing from son's friend Updated: Nov-20-13 5:07 am
- Kan. school testing robots with autistic children Updated: Nov-16-13 12:07 pm
- NH managed care transition worries caregivers Updated: Nov-11-13 2:49 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska residents who suffer from a combination of intellectual, behavioral and mental health problems aren't always receiving state services that could help them, lawmakers were told at a hearing Monday.
LONDON - Singer Susan Boyle says she has been diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome, a form of autism - and feels relief at finally having the right label for her condition.
DEBARY, Florida - The father of an autistic boy says he'll be contacting his attorney after the DeBary City Council voted to end a pilot program that allows residents to keep chickens in their backyards.
CHELSEA, Massachusetts - A former driver for a company that provides rides for the developmentally disabled has been charged with sexually assaulting two clients.
WOODBRIDGE, Virginia - Faculty and staff members are being treated to a more upscale lunch two days a week at Freedom High School's new Bistro Cafe.
MARLBORO TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - An autistic New Jersey teenager who went missing for a week before being found in Ohio is now back home.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - While Maryland public schools scored above national averages on a recent national reading assessment, the state had blocked more than half of English language learners and students with learning disabilities from taking the test.
FREDERICK, Maryland - A Thurmont man has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for fondling a 13-year-old girl who has a form of autism.
FARGO, North Dakota - A Gardner woman has been sentenced to 28 days in jail after pleading guilty to charges she stole money from her son's developmentally disabled girlfriend.
WICHITA, Kansas - A Wichita school for children with autism is experimenting with robots to help students improve their human interaction, physical skills and emotional behavior.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's switch to a managed care system for its Medicaid program won't affect long-term care services for developmentally disabled recipients until next year, but some recipients and their advocates already are worried about the coming changes.