- Medicaid looks to cut back on new disability program users Updated: Sep-03-15 8:14 am
KENAI, Alaska - An Alaska Medicaid program that funds care for adults with developmental disabilities may cut the number of people it enrolls each year by 75 percent.
- Worker accused of abusing developmentally disabled patient Updated: Aug-31-15 1:39 pm
BEATRICE, Nebraska - An employee at the Beatrice State Developmental Center has been accused of abusing a patient, less than a month after the federal government ended its oversight of the facility that houses and treats disabled residents.
- Michigan rejects medical marijuana for severe autism Updated: Aug-27-15 3:11 pm
DETROIT - Michigan won't allow the use of medical marijuana to control the effects of severe autism, an official said Thursday, rejecting the recommendation of an advisory panel.
- Hampton man enters Alford plea in autistic son's death Updated: Aug-26-15 8:07 am
HAMPTON, Virginia - A Hampton man has entered an Alford plea to involuntary manslaughter stemming from the death of his autistic son.
- Georgia inmate asks for new DNA testing in decades-old case Updated: Aug-25-15 6:08 pm
COLUMBUS, Georgia - A Georgia man who has spent nearly 40 years in prison for the rape and killing of a young German woman in her apartment has consistently maintained his innocence and is asking a judge to allow new DNA testing in the decades-old case.
- Roundup of Oklahoma editorials Updated: Aug-25-15 9:05 am
Here are excerpts from recent editorials in Oklahoma newspapers:
- Prosecutors: NYC woman let autistic uncle starve to death Updated: Aug-20-15 10:31 am
NEW YORK - A woman who moved in with her severely autistic uncle to care for him instead let him starve to death inside a home that only had bread crumbs and cake frosting, prosecutors say.
- Blind and autistic boy sings anthem at Fenway Updated: Aug-18-15 10:08 am
BOSTON - A 14-year-old blind and autistic boy who sang the national anthem at Fenway Park before the Cleveland Indians-Boston Red Sox game received a loud and long ovation from the players and fans.
- Police: Philadelphia couple would handcuff autistic man Updated: Aug-11-15 6:20 am
PHILADELPHIA - Police say two Philadelphia residents are accused of handcuffing a 28-year-old autistic man.