- Top NY court upholds conviction for illegal folding knife Updated: May-03-16 11:52 am
ALBANY, New York - New York's highest court on Tuesday upheld a driver's conviction for illegal possession for a gravity knife, rejecting arguments that he didn't know the folding knife he used for work could open with a flick of the wrist.
- Phoenix man accused of shooting wife in face during argument Updated: Apr-29-16 6:54 pm
PHOENIX - Authorities say a Phoenix man has been arrested for allegedly shooting his wife in the face during an argument.
- 2 ex-officers get probation for illegal Maryland gun sale Updated: Apr-28-16 11:21 am
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - Two former law enforcement officers indicted in an illegal firearms sale have been sentenced to probation.
- Guns, fake weapons commonly seized at Salt Lake City airport Updated: Apr-28-16 12:22 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Officials say handguns and objects designed to look like weapons are routinely seized at Salt Lake City International Airport.
- The Latest: Durst forfeits $117K sent to him in New Orleans Updated: Apr-27-16 12:04 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The Latest on the prosecution in Louisiana of property heir Robert Durst (all times local):
- Clearlake police seize 6,800 marijuana plants, handgun Updated: Apr-27-16 9:57 am
CLEARLAKE, California - Police seized 6,800 marijuana plants and a loaded handgun from associated properties Northern California town.
- Wisconsin prom shooter was aiming at officer when he was hit Updated: Apr-26-16 7:40 pm
MILWAUKEE - The 18-year-old gunman who opened fire on students exiting the prom at his former school in northern Wisconsin was aiming a rifle at a police officer when he was fatally shot, preventing what authorities have said could have been a far worse attack.
- More than 100 guns, knives found at home amid break-in probe Updated: Apr-26-16 6:33 am
CENTRAL LAKE TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities say they seized more than 100 guns and knives, 15 flat-screen televisions and other stolen property from a home in Michigan's northern Lower Peninsula where stolen goods were being traded for drugs.
- NYPD disarms illegal gun ring Updated: Apr-25-16 3:17 pm
NEW YORK - Police have arrested a New Jersey couple and four men from Virginia and Georgia on charges they formed a gun-trafficking ring that smuggled dozens of firearms into New York City.
- Wareham man convicted in 2012 killing of New Bedford man Updated: Apr-23-16 2:33 pm
FALL RIVER, Massachusetts - A Wareham man has been convicted in the 2012 killing of a New Bedford man.
- Davenport police track down firearms' history to solve cases Updated: Apr-23-16 11:01 am
DAVENPORT, Iowa - Firearms seized by the Davenport Police Department, whether through a search warrant or from a suicidal person for safe keeping, undoubtedly make their way to the desk of Cpl. Brian Morel.
- Providence officer fired after pleading guilty to charges Updated: Apr-22-16 4:27 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Providence police officer was fired after he admitted to charges of illegally possessing a gun with scratched out serial numbers and threatening superiors this week.
- Man shot by NYC cops arrested on menacing, weapons charges Updated: Apr-20-16 8:56 pm
NEW YORK - Police say a man who was shot and wounded by officers when he pulled a gun on them in Brooklyn has been arrested on menacing and criminal possession of a weapon charges.
- 3 people shot in Rochester; injuries not life-threatening Updated: Apr-19-16 8:03 am
ROCHESTER, New York - Three people were shot and an illegal gun and stolen vehicle recovered in three separate incidents in Rochester late Monday.
- Protesters acquitted of blockading London arms fair Updated: Apr-18-16 12:39 pm
LONDON - A British judge has acquitted eight protesters who blockaded the entrance to an arms fair, accepting their argument that they acted to stop illegal weapons trading.
- Man arrested for having several weapons, alcohol on beach Updated: Apr-17-16 10:15 am
HULL, Massachusetts - Police say an Abington man has been arrested for having an open bottle of whiskey and several weapons, including a loaded handgun, on the beach.
- 2 men charged after chemical weapon explodes in central Ohio Updated: Apr-16-16 3:14 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Two Ohio men who authorities say are members of anti-government group have been indicted after a chemical bomb detonated in one of the men's hands.
- Teen admits possessing illegal machine gun Updated: Apr-16-16 8:55 am
ALBANY, New York - A 19-year-old from upstate New York has admitted to a federal felony for possessing a machine gun provided to him by an undercover FBI agent.
- Man who shot off-duty Memphis officer sentenced to prison Updated: Apr-15-16 2:17 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A convicted felon was sentenced Friday to four years and three months in federal prison for illegally possessing a firearm in the fatal shooting of an off-duty Memphis police officer.
- California man called Dr-Death pleads guilty to gun dealing Updated: Apr-14-16 8:04 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - A California man who authorities say went by the online nickname "Dr-Death" is pleading guilty to illegally making and selling firearms and possessing an unregistered machine gun.
- Ohio man pleads guilty to charge related to sale of 300 guns Updated: Apr-12-16 4:11 pm
AKRON, Ohio - Authorities say an Ohio man has pleaded guilty in federal court to a charge related to the sale of 300 guns, including 11 destined for Beirut.
- The Latest: Autopsies done on students killed in shooting Updated: Apr-11-16 5:24 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Latest on a Baton Rouge shooting that killed two 19-year-old Southern University students (all times local):
- DC police arrest man in shooting that injured girl, 7 Updated: Apr-11-16 4:35 pm
WASHINGTON - District of Columbia police have arrested a man in a shooting that left a 7-year-old girl hospitalized.
- Miami jury acquits man accused of firing at Coast Guard crew Updated: Apr-10-16 10:57 am
MIAMI - A federal jury in Miami has found a man not guilty of firing at a Coast Guard crew.
- Man arrested after search turns up crack cocaine, handgun Updated: Apr-08-16 3:00 pm
NEW CASTLE, Delaware - New Castle County Police say they have arrested a man on drug and weapons charges after a search of his home turned up crack cocaine and a loaded handgun.