- Child hospitalized in Rockford after hit-and-run accident Updated: Jul-04-15 10:15 am
ROCKFORD, Illinois - Authorities in northern Illinois say a young child is hospitalized in stable condition after being hit by a truck in a hit-and-run accident.
- Arizona appeals ruling over its work-related ID theft laws Updated: Jul-04-15 5:04 am
PHOENIX - Lawyers for the state of Arizona have asked an appeals court to reverse a ruling that prevents Maricopa County officials from enforcing two identity-theft laws that have been used to convict hundreds of immigrant workers.
- Hit-and-runs spark calls for tougher penalties for drivers Updated: Jul-04-15 4:08 am
ANDERSON, Indiana - Authorities and families of victims are calling for tougher penalties for drivers who flee accident scenes.
- Police: Husband suspects affair, runs over man with truck Updated: Jul-03-15 6:40 am
NARROWSBURG, New York - An upstate New York man is behind bars after police say he ran over a 46-year-old man he thought his wife was having an affair with.
- Police: New York man steals brother's identity, pilfers $30K Updated: Jul-03-15 6:34 am
CLIFTON PARK, New York - State police say a 35-year-old upstate New York is accused of stealing more than $30,000 from his brother after stealing his sibling's identity.
- NYPD: Private garbage truck hits, kills woman in Brooklyn Updated: Jul-03-15 5:34 am
NEW YORK - The NYPD says a 46-year-old woman died after being hit by a garbage truck while crossing a Brooklyn street.
- Convicted Maine killer, ID thief gets 60 years in prison Updated: Jul-02-15 5:16 pm
ELLSWORTH, Maine - Prosecutors say a carpenter convicted of killing his employer and raiding the victim's bank accounts was sentenced to 60 years in jail.
- Army sergeant pleads guilty to conspiring to take bribes Updated: Jul-02-15 4:11 pm
PADUCAH, Kentucky - A Fort Campbell Army sergeant has pleaded guilty to conspiring to take bribes from vendors seeking contracts in Afghanistan.
- State officials to meet with FBI about former mine inspector Updated: Jul-02-15 11:16 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - State officials have asked to meet with the FBI to determine the extent of a former mine inspector's falsified reports.
- Cops: Woman used her twin's ID to open accounts, spend $12K Updated: Jul-02-15 10:16 am
NEW PALTZ, New York - State police say a 28-year-old Long Island woman used her twin sister's Social Security number to open several credit cards and charged more than $12,000 on them.
- Homes of Dinamo Zagreb bosses raided by Croatian police Updated: Jul-02-15 9:27 am
ZAGREB, Croatia - Croatian police on Thursday raided the homes and offices of the Dinamo Zagreb bosses who are suspected of tax evasion and bribery.
- Man sentenced on fraud, identity theft charges Updated: Jul-02-15 8:53 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A man from Windham, Maine, has been sentenced to three months in prison for applying for and using a credit card in another person's name.
- Sentencings in Gulfport Head Start kickback scheme Updated: Jul-02-15 7:37 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A former director of the Gulf Coast Community Action Agency in Gulfport has been sentenced to seven years in federal prison for her role in a Head Start kickback scheme.
- US files formal extradition request for 7 FIFA officials Updated: Jul-02-15 7:22 am
GENEVA - The United States has submitted a formal request for Switzerland to extradite seven FIFA officials arrested in Zurich as part of a corruption probe that has rocked soccer's world governing body.
- Ex-state senator facing up to 20 years on racketeering Updated: Jul-02-15 3:34 am
SAN FRANCISCO - A former California state senator - once considered a leading candidate for a statewide office - is facing up to 20 years in prison after pleading guilty to a racketeering charge in an organized crime case centered in San Francisco's Chinatown.
- Ex-NY senator gets 7 years in prison for mayoral race plot Updated: Jul-01-15 8:38 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - Former Democratic state Sen. Malcolm Smith was sentenced Wednesday to seven years in prison in a scheme to bribe his way onto the ballot for the 2013 New York City mayoral election.
- Ex-NFL player pleads guilty in hit-and-run, gets probation Updated: Jul-01-15 5:05 pm
WRENTHAM, Massachusetts - Former Buffalo Bills and New England Patriots linebacker Brandon Spikes has pleaded guilty in a hit-and-run crash that injured three people and will serve a year of probation.
- Man gets prison time, $1M fine in military bribery case Updated: Jul-01-15 3:03 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - A man extradited from Iraq in a military contract bribery case has been sentenced in Ohio to 2 1/2 years in prison.
- City attorney backs handling of traffic camera contract Updated: Jul-01-15 12:13 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Columbus city attorney says a contract for a red-light traffic camera program now the subject of a federal bribery investigation was properly awarded and later modified.
- Blatter not traveling to Women's World Cup final in Canada Updated: Jul-01-15 6:47 am
MONTREAL - FIFA President Sepp Blatter will skip the Women's World Cup final in Canada, avoiding a visit to North America at a time when U.S. officials are pursuing a criminal investigation into the soccer's ruling body.
- Contractor pleads guilty to bribery charges Updated: Jun-30-15 6:26 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A contractor has admitted paying cash bribes to a fire code official to squash more than $8.7 million in outstanding fines on buildings with fire code violations.
- Man found dead in US 321 median likely hit-and-run victim Updated: Jun-30-15 5:58 pm
GASTON, South Carolina - Authorities say an 18-year-old man has been found dead in the median of U.S. Highway 321 south of Columbia.
- Sentence postponed for gambler in Toledo sports probe Updated: Jun-30-15 3:35 pm
DETROIT - Lawyers for a Detroit-area gambler caught in a sports bribery scandal at the University of Toledo say it would be "unthinkable" to send the ailing 82-year-old man to prison.
- Hit-and-run case against UFC ex-champ Jon Jones stalls Updated: Jun-30-15 3:21 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - An Albuquerque hit-and-run case against former UFC champion fighter Jon "Bones" Jones has stalled due to a delay in obtaining records, prosecutors said.
- Doctor admits to taking $60,000 in bribes for referrals Updated: Jun-30-15 11:23 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Federal prosecutors say a southern New Jersey doctor has admitted taking $60,000 in bribes in return for referring pain cream prescriptions and falsifying health records on behalf of a pharmacy.