- The movies that will keep buzzing after Cannes Updated: May-25-15 8:40 am
CANNES, France - The Cannes Film Festival is a grand hierarchy with strictly defined elevations of movies and media access, where films are met by high praise or lowly boos. And so there was a strange fittingness that the scandal of the 68th Cannes Film Festival, where all status is measured, came down to the importance of a few inches.
- France touts Cannes prizes as vindication for film subsidies Updated: May-25-15 7:35 am
PARIS - France's president says his country's strong showing at this year's Cannes film festival is no accident - suggesting it's partly thanks to government subsidies.
- Audiard's 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or in upset Cannes finale Updated: May-24-15 11:53 pm
CANNES, France - The 68th Cannes Film Festival was brought to a surprising close Sunday with Jacques Audiard's Sri Lankan refugee drama taking the festival's coveted top honor, the Palme d'Or.
- 60th birthday for Cannes' Palme d'Or top film trophy Updated: May-24-15 7:37 am
CANNES, France - As the Palme d'Or sits in its cushioned box awaiting Sunday's Cannes winner, the film festival's top prize might be taking stock of its own lifetime of achievements - on this, its 60th birthday.
- At Cannes, Michel Franco's 'Chronic' looks death in the face Updated: May-24-15 4:25 am
CANNES, France - Death is something we'd all like to avoid. But director Michel Franco thinks a reluctance to look at the end of life is unhealthy.
- CANNES WATCH: Going out In style Updated: May-23-15 8:38 pm
CANNES, France - The 68th Cannes Film Festival was going out in style this weekend, with Marion Cotillard drawing raves on both carpet and screen at the "Macbeth" premiere and the very cool entourage from the LA indie "Dope" continuing to wow the fest as anticipation grew for Sunday's Palme d'Or finale.
- Marion Cotillard is queen of red carpet at Cannes' 'Macbeth' Updated: May-23-15 3:34 pm
CANNES, France - Marion Cotillard plays a queen in Justin Kurzel's "Macbeth," but at its Cannes premiere she was also a bejeweled queen of the red carpet.
- Palme d'Or up for grabs ahead of Cannes Film Festival finale Updated: May-23-15 3:13 pm
CANNES, France - A week and a half of French Riviera frenzy comes down to, as it always does, wild conjecture.
- Powerful Cannes film 'Mediterranea' humanizes migrants Updated: May-23-15 2:40 pm
CANNES, France - It may be the most topical film at Cannes - but "Mediterranea" - a searing account of a desperate African migrant who travels by boat from Burkina Faso to Italy - is not just pulled from the headlines.
- Icelandic film 'Rams' wins Cannes Un Certain Regard prize Updated: May-23-15 2:37 pm
CANNES, France - "Rams," a drama set among farmers and their sheep in a remote Icelandic valley, won the Cannes Film Festival's Un Certain Regard competition on Saturday.
- Sensation of 'Dope' continues at Cannes Film Festival Updated: May-23-15 12:00 pm
CANNES, France - A year ago, writer-director Rick Famuyiwa was struggling to find financing for his film after studios in Hollywood passed on it. Now, he's sitting in a restaurant at Cannes riding the sensation of "Dope," his comic Los Angeles coming-of-age tale that sparked a bidding war this year at the Sundance Film Festival.
- Love battles revenge in Audiard's refugee drama 'Dheepan' Updated: May-23-15 10:55 am
CANNES, France - For much of its running time, Jacques Audiard's new film, "Dheepan," is a gritty and naturalistic depiction of Tamil refugees trying to build a new life in France.
- Cannes hails premiere of a bloody, stylish 'Macbeth' Updated: May-23-15 7:01 am
- Amid celebrity show offs, $30 million raised at AIDS gala Updated: May-22-15 2:42 pm
CAP D'ANTIBES, France - Amid celebrity schmoozing, glamorous fashions, musical performances and the frequent banging of the auction hammer, the French Riviera's annual star-filled amfAR gala brought in its expected share of drama - with celebrity invitees including Leonardo DiCaprio, Jake Gyllenhaal, Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard, Sienna Miller and Adrien Brody.
- Harvey Keitel's hunger still strong in Sorrentino's 'Youth' Updated: May-22-15 1:53 pm
CANNES, France - The aging stars of "Youth" are slowly rousing the morning after a late night in Cannes celebrating the premiere of Paolo Sorrentino's latest film.
- CANNES WATCH: 'Arabian Nights' canine named Cannes' top dog Updated: May-22-15 11:36 am
CANNES, France - A small white dog named Lucky has taken the award for Cannes' best performance on four legs.
- CANNES WATCH: Longoria a success behind the camera Updated: May-22-15 9:57 am
CANNES, France - There's been much talk at the Cannes Film Festival about how to boost the ranks of women directors and producers. Eva Longoria is a good example of a success story.
- Michael Fassbender on making 'Macbeth': 'the Scottish film' Updated: May-22-15 9:19 am
CANNES, France - Michael Fassbender doesn't know if the "Macbeth" curse carries over to movie adaptations, but he'd rather not test it.
- Tim Roth deals with death, sadness in Cannes entry 'Chronic' Updated: May-22-15 8:08 am
CANNES, France - Tim Roth toned things down for his role in the Cannes Film Festival entry "Chronic."
- Gaspar Noe's explicit 'Love' sets Cannes atwitter Updated: May-21-15 2:18 pm
CANNES, France - The movies are in love with love, but they're often squeamish about sex.
- Sri Lankan immigrant drama 'Dheepan' finds a home at Cannes Updated: May-21-15 1:10 pm
CANNES, France - Before making the Sri Lankan immigrant drama "Dheepan," French director Jacques Audiard acknowledged he couldn't have even found his characters' native country on a map.
- Cannes film pays homage to late designer Oscar de la Renta Updated: May-21-15 12:33 pm
CANNES, France - The spirit of Oscar de la Renta lives on every day at the Cannes Film Festival.
- Red carpet Emergency Room at Cannes is always full of drama Updated: May-21-15 12:16 pm
CANNES, France - For most of the year, room 331 of the Martinez Hotel is just your run-of-the mill luxury five star hotel suite.
- Emily Blunt lets her actions and characters do the talking Updated: May-21-15 10:40 am
CANNES, France - Emily Blunt didn't come to the Cannes Film Festival to talk about shoes.
- CANNES WATCH: Andie MacDowell speaks on her Cannes regret Updated: May-21-15 10:07 am
CANNES, France - Andie MacDowell has great memories of the Cannes Film Festival, but also one big regret - the year she decided to skip it.