- Police quell rowdy crowd after NCAA semifinal win Updated: Apr-11-14 4:53 pm
- Man cleared of UK policeman's murder in 1985 riot Updated: Apr-09-14 2:49 pm
- Cincy police in riot gear break up unruly party Updated: Apr-06-14 4:47 pm
- Spain suspends riot control exports to Venezuela Updated: Apr-05-14 7:58 am
- UConn police: celebration wasn't a riot Updated: Mar-31-14 6:17 am
MINNEAPOLIS - University of Minnesota students were warned Friday that a heavy police presence will be in place during the national hockey championships to prevent a repeat of the riotous behavior that erupted after Minnesota edged North Dakota in the Frozen Four semifinals.
LONDON - A slaying that shocked Britain three decades ago remains unsolved, after a jury on Wednesday cleared a man of killing a London police officer during a 1985 riot.
CINCINNATI - Nearly two dozen police officers in riot gear dispersed an off-campus party involving University of Cincinnati students.
MADRID - Spain has indefinitely suspended the export of riot control equipment to Venezuela's government following weeks of unrest there which have seen an increase in violence as police face sustained protests by the opposition.
STORRS, Connecticut - University of Connecticut students set newspapers on fire, "crowd-surfed" and threw a variety of objects in a large campus celebration after the men's basketball team's win in the NCAA tournament, but police say it wasn't a riot and no serious injuries were reported.