- Md. comptroller extends sales tax deadline for businesses Updated: May-05-15 2:55 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Businesses in Baltimore affected by riots are getting a two-week extension to file April sales taxes returns and payments.
- Baltimore police: Man arrested near scene of recent riots Updated: May-04-15 9:13 pm
BALTIMORE - Days after riots crippled Baltimore, tensions again escalated Monday after police said they arrested a man who appeared to be armed. The arrest drew a crowd of protesters who chanted, "Black community, control the police!"
- Judge: Md. didn't violate Constitution; violated procedure Updated: May-04-15 6:20 pm
BALTIMORE - A Baltimore city judge says the state violated court procedures - but not the Constitution - after last week's riots by holding some suspects more than 24 hours without taking them before a judicial officer to have bail set.
- The Latest: Baltimore lifts curfew after days of tension Updated: May-03-15 5:38 pm
- Seattle police shut down May Day 'riot' when violence erupts Updated: May-02-15 4:08 am
SEATTLE - Black-clad May Day protesters hurled wrenches, rocks and bottles at Seattle police, injuring three officers, and damaged property after an earlier peaceful march in support of immigrants' and workers' rights.
- Man charged with cutting fire hose during Baltimore riot Updated: May-01-15 9:01 pm
BALTIMORE - Officials say a man has been charged with cutting a fire hose while firefighters battled a blaze at a drug store during rioting.
- ATF offers reward for information on fires in riots Updated: May-01-15 5:26 pm
BALTIMORE - The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is offering a reward of up to $10,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people responsible for setting numerous fires during rioting in Baltimore.
- Baltimore riot damage adds burden to small businesses Updated: Apr-30-15 6:05 pm
BALTIMORE - Richard Sung Kang's American dream came crashing down in a shower of broken glass.
- Police: Half of those arrested during riots released Updated: Apr-30-15 3:25 pm
BALTIMORE - Baltimore police say more than half of the people detained during Monday's riots have been released without charges.
- Thousands in other cities protest death of Baltimore man Updated: Apr-30-15 3:02 am
BALTIMORE - Thousands of people hit the streets in Baltimore and several other cities, from Boston and New York to Indianapolis and Washington, D.C., on Wednesday to protest the death of a black man who died of spinal injuries after his arrest by Baltimore police and to demand reforms to police procedures.
- Empty stadium would be weird for Scully Updated: Apr-30-15 1:57 am
LOS ANGELES - Hall of Fame announcer Vin Scully says he would have been very uncomfortable if he had to announce a baseball game played in front of no fans.
- Right call? Orioles take the field in riot-torn Baltimore Updated: Apr-29-15 11:45 pm
BALTIMORE - With tempers still smoldering in riot-torn Baltimore and nearby neighborhoods clearing out rubble and debris, the Orioles played a baseball game Wednesday.
- Latest on police-custody death: Prosecutor office protest Updated: Apr-29-15 1:08 pm
- DeKalb County public safety chief in Baltimore after riots Updated: Apr-28-15 9:28 pm
ATLANTA - A metro Atlanta public safety leader traveled to Baltimore on Tuesday to help local leaders respond to recent riots.
- Mom talks about smacking son around during Baltimore riot Updated: Apr-28-15 8:02 pm
BALTIMORE - A mother who was caught on video smacking her 16-year-old son around after he threw objects at police said when they made eye contact, he knew he was in trouble.
- Orioles to play White Sox on Wednesday in closed stadium Updated: Apr-28-15 7:07 pm
BALTIMORE - After a pair of postponements caused by rioting in Baltimore, the Orioles and Chicago White Sox will play Wednesday at Camden Yards in what is believed to be the first game without fans in major league baseball's 145-season history.
- Ravens cancel draft party because of rioting Updated: Apr-28-15 1:23 pm
BALTIMORE - The Baltimore Ravens have canceled an NFL draft party at their stadium in the wake of rioting in the city.
- Philadelphia mayor defends Baltimore leader's riot response Updated: Apr-28-15 9:44 am
PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter is defending his Baltimore counterpart as a stand-up leader.
- Dozens injured, arrested after soccer riots in Serbia Updated: Apr-26-15 5:53 am
BELGRADE, Serbia - Authorities say at least 50 people have been injured and 40 arrested after fierce clashes between Red Star and Partizan fans.
- Police: Assault on officers leads to arrests in Boise Updated: Apr-06-15 1:35 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Authorities in southwest Idaho say four adults and four juveniles have been taken into custody after police responded to a report of a car fire.