- Nepal steps up security to stop Tibetan protests Updated: Mar-10-14 7:38 am
- UMass latest to deal with rowdy St. Pat's parties Updated: Mar-09-14 6:20 pm
- Protest stymied after Venezuelan diplomatic win Updated: Mar-08-14 7:14 pm
- Deportee killed in Saudi detention center riot Updated: Mar-03-14 6:22 am
- Ukraine's feared Berkut riot force disbanded Updated: Feb-26-14 5:04 pm
- Israeli police enter holy site to disperse clash Updated: Feb-25-14 8:11 pm
- IOC: Protests at Olympic sites are inappropriate Updated: Feb-19-14 3:20 am
- Sochi tension: Pussy Riot members briefly detained Updated: Feb-18-14 2:59 pm
KATMANDU, Nepal - Police broke up a small Tibetan protest in Nepal's capital and detained the protesters on Monday's anniversary of a failed 1959 uprising against Chinese rule in Tibet.
AMHERST, Massachusetts - The chaos at the University of Massachusetts over the weekend during a pre-St. Patrick's Day celebration brought new attention to an old problem affecting colleges across the country: How to deal with alcohol-fueled revelers during the March festivities.
CARACAS, Venezuela - In a major show of force, hundreds of National Guardsmen in riot gear and armored vehicles prevented an "empty pots march" from reaching Venezuela's Food Ministry on Saturday to protest now-chronic food shortages.
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - A detainee died in a stampede during a riot at a Saudi detention center for migrant workers awaiting deportation, police said Monday, adding that nine others were injured.
KIEV, Ukraine - Ukraine's Berkut riot police were tough guys, recruited from among former paratroopers and marines, originally to bolster street cops in the fight against organized crime.
JERUSALEM - Israeli police stormed a sensitive Jerusalem holy site Tuesday to disperse a violent protest there, hours before the Israeli parliament debated a nationalist lawmaker's motion to extend control over it.
SOCHI, Russia - The IOC says it would be "wholly inappropriate" for the Russian punk group Pussy Riot to protest at Sochi Olympic sites.
SOCHI, Russia - Russian punk group Pussy Riot burst onto the Olympic scene Tuesday when two of its members were picked up by police in host city Sochi - and then ran away defiant down a rain-soaked street a few hours later, shouting and wearing their trademark garish balaclavas.