- Self-published sensation is acquired by Penguin Random House Updated: Sep-02-15 10:11 am
NEW YORK - A Swedish psychologist's self-published picture book about a sleep-deprived rabbit has been acquired by Penguin Random House after becoming a word-of-mouth sensation.
- Rowing alone: Author channels life on water with kids' book Updated: Aug-29-15 9:35 am
ONANCOCK, Virginia - An Eastern Shore of Virginia native who grew up fishing and crabbing on Onancock Creek has authored a children's book celebrating life on the water and the creatures that live in the Chesapeake Bay.
- Tattered Cover's future owners settle into Colorado Updated: Aug-29-15 2:08 am
DENVER - Len Vlahos and his wife, Kristen Gilligan, dreamed of having their own little bookstore.
- Vatican gets embroiled in Italy's 'banned books' fray Updated: Aug-28-15 3:44 pm
VATICAN CITY - The Vatican has gotten embroiled in a modern-day, secular version of the Index of Banned Books.
- Colombian garbage collector rescues books for children Updated: Aug-26-15 12:22 am
BOGOTA, Colombia - A second-grade education has not stopped garbage collector Jose Gutierrez from bringing the gift of reading to thousands of Colombian children.
- Former patient repays Riley Hospital with books Updated: Aug-25-15 5:07 am
FRANKLIN, Indiana - During the most difficult days of chemotherapy, radiation and surgeries to treat cancer, something as small as a picture book or a new novel can put a smile on a child's face.
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Star Wars: Episode IX' Updated: Aug-15-15 4:55 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The force will awaken in just 125 days, but "Star Wars" fans didn't learn anything new about the film at Disney's D23 convention on Saturday.
- HBO to carry 'Sesame Street'; PBS to continue airing show Updated: Aug-13-15 7:26 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Muppets, longtime residents of PBS, are getting a second home at HBO.
- Iowa camp helps kids hone robotics, programming skills Updated: Aug-05-15 3:49 pm
GARNER, Iowa - A camp in northern Iowa is helping children develop their programming skills by letting them build a robot and command it to perform certain tasks.