- W.Va. author works to foster imagination in young readers Updated: Jul-26-15 9:52 am
BECKLEY, West Virginia - As a young child, Sam Smith's world came to life as his mother read to him "The Chronicles of Narnia."
- Adult coloring books grow in popularity as relaxing pastime Updated: Jul-25-15 6:01 pm
TERRE HAUTE, Indiana - Think coloring is just for kids? It's not really.
- SD First Lady hosting Book Walk at governor's mansion Updated: Jul-22-15 2:08 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The first lady of South Dakota is holding her third annual book walk for children at the governor's mansion this week.
- Parents want 2 books about Middle East removed from school Updated: Jul-19-15 1:43 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Parents of elementary school students in one Florida county are pushing to remove two books about conflict in the Middle East from school bookshelves.
- Bookmobile helps keep kids learning during summer Updated: Jul-19-15 10:27 am
BURLINGTON, Iowa - At Lennox Park it was gray and damp except for the Burlington Public Library's bookmobile, whose eccentric decal provide a splash of color to the landscape.
- 'Kids' Choice Sports' telecast to salute World Cup champs Updated: Jul-15-15 12:41 pm
LOS ANGELES - The "Kids' Choice Sports" awards show is adding a tribute to America's new soccer superstars.
- North Dakota students illustrate children's mystery book Updated: Jul-11-15 5:50 pm
MANDAN, North Dakota - A group of North Dakota students have illustrated a new children's mystery book written by a local author.
- Vending machines in Anacostia provide free children's books Updated: Jul-11-15 4:47 pm
WASHINGTON - A 5-year-old named Jacob Adams was the first to test the big blue vending machine newly installed at the Salvation Army's community center in Southeast Washington. Hopping up on a step-stool to reach the bright control screen, he quickly made his choice, and his selection tumbled from the machine's coils and landed with a thud.
- Michigan denies request to film Kid Rock video in prison Updated: Jul-09-15 11:22 am
LANSING, Michigan - The Michigan Department of Corrections has denied a production company's request to film a Kid Rock music video inside an Ypsilanti women's prison.
- Meet Kevin Del Aguila, the guy who does cool kids' theater Updated: Jul-08-15 8:43 am
NEW YORK - Like other people working in theater, Kevin Del Aguila deals with set designers, actors and lighting technicians. Unlike his peers, there are sometimes giant dragons.
- Iraqi musicians play ancient oud to soften din of war Updated: Jul-03-15 3:22 am
BAGHDAD - In a Baghdad workshop plastered with black-and-white photos from a more peaceful time, Mahmoud Abdulnabi hand-carves a wooden oud, a string instrument with ancient roots that has fallen silent in much of the war-torn country.
- Sonia Manzano, who played Maria on 'Sesame Street,' retiring Updated: Jul-02-15 1:14 pm
NEW YORK - "Sesame Street" is about to be less A-OK. Sonia Manzano, who has played the role of Maria on the groundbreaking kid show since 1971, is retiring.