- Review: 'Saving Mr. Banks' a spoonful of sugar Updated: Dec-10-13 8:13 pm
- Bosnian musician to help poor Roma study music Updated: Dec-10-13 11:09 am
- Museum features work of kids' books illustrators Updated: Dec-10-13 10:15 am
- Memphis orchestra reaching out to community Updated: Dec-08-13 2:02 pm
- Like Strega Nona, Tomie dePaola's stories endure Updated: Dec-07-13 11:46 am
- Sundance Film Festival to add children's movies Updated: Dec-06-13 4:16 pm
- Football and other fancy footwork rule in ratings Updated: Dec-04-13 2:50 pm
- NJ canine crowned world's ugliest dog in 2007 dies Updated: Nov-30-13 4:02 pm
- Ind. grandmother-grandson team pen children's book Updated: Nov-30-13 1:16 pm
- Jane Kean, star of "Honeymooners" revival, dies Updated: Nov-28-13 4:02 pm
- Pete the Cat makes leap from folk art to kid books Updated: Nov-28-13 12:04 pm
- W.Va. author write new children's book Updated: Nov-27-13 3:35 pm
- CMU support puts book in elementary schools Updated: Nov-26-13 10:53 am
- Review: Disney royals gain boost in 'Frozen' Updated: Nov-25-13 12:50 pm
- MTV series focuses on lives of sperm donor kids Updated: Nov-24-13 5:52 pm
- Barbara Park, Junie B. Jones author, dead at 66 Updated: Nov-17-13 3:59 pm
- Carol Mead announces release of children's book Updated: Nov-13-13 6:49 pm
For most scribes who have toiled in the movie industry, portraying Hollywood as a healing paradise is roughly equivalent to regaling a lobster of the soothing properties of a boiling pot of water.
SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina - Bosnia's most popular musician - a man whose international career has been built on music inspired by Balkan and Gypsy tunes - is searching for talented Roma children to help them get an education in music.
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - The Kalamazoo Institute of Arts is opening an exhibition featuring the work of illustrators for children's books.
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The Memphis Symphony Orchestra is going to jail - to perform, that is.
NEW LONDON, New Hampshire - Children's author and illustrator Tomie dePaola tackled a big stack of his books on the table. A longtime fan plunked them down at the book signing - just a sampling of the nearly 250 he's worked on.
PARK CITY, Utah - The Sundance Film Festival will soon become more child friendly.
NEW YORK - Whether on the gridiron or the dance floor, fancy footwork ruled in the ratings last week.
SEWELL, New Jersey - A New Jersey canine that was crowned the world's ugliest dog in 2007 and later became the topic of a children's book preaching acceptance has died. Elwood was 8.
PRINCETON, Indiana - A southwestern Indiana grandmother and her 11-year-old grandson are celebrating the publication of a children's book they developed together.
LOS ANGELES - Jane Kean, a diverse performer who got her start in musical theater but was best known as Trixie alongside Jackie Gleason on a TV revival of "The Honeymooners," has died. She was 90.
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Pete the Cat lived in a cage at a Georgia animal shelter. He was scrawny and black, not exactly what artist James Dean was looking for in a new pet.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - When Kathryn Brown thought about writing her first children's book, she drew from personal experience.
SAGINAW, Michigan - This fall, Central Michigan University is teaching students their ABCs.
Instead of the bygone damsels in distress - yes we're talking about you Cinderella, Snow White and Sleeping Beauty - the female royals of "Frozen," Disney's latest animated wonder, are feisty, forward and independent.
NEW YORK - Breeanna Speicher's curiosity about her background led her to a family she never knew she had and inspired a new MTV series that stretches the very concept of family.
NEW YORK - Barbara Park, a former class clown who channeled her irreverence into the million-selling mishaps of grade schooler Junie B. Jones, has died. She was 66.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Elementary school students around Wyoming will learn about historic "firsts" in state history through a book of poetry that Wyoming first lady Carol Mead has authored.