- Correction: Obama-After White House story Updated: May-18-15 4:24 pm
WASHINGTON - In a story May 16 about President Barack Obama's plans after he leaves the White House, The Associated Press reported erroneously that George H.W. Bush's presidential library is in Houston. The library is in College Station, Texas.
- Marcia Brown, award-winning book illustrator, dead at 96 Updated: May-08-15 12:34 pm
NEW YORK - Marcia Brown, a celebrated author and illustrator of children's books and three-time Caldecott Medal winner whose work ranged from the bold strokes of "Once a Mouse" to the more abstract and lyrical sketches of "Cinderella," has died.
- Stars weigh in on how far 'Girl Meets World' will go Updated: May-08-15 11:38 am
- Suite music: Iowa kids mark new hall with commissioned song Updated: May-08-15 8:22 am
MASON CITY, Iowa - The Mason City High School band will mark completion of the school's new Mohawk Performance Hall by performing a newly written song, "Suite for Band."
- Singer Brandy enjoying her Broadway debut in 'Chicago' Updated: May-07-15 2:43 pm
NEW YORK - Starring on Broadway in "Chicago" has turned into a fountain of youth for Brandy Norwood.
- Going inside Big Bird, a film takes wing with Caroll Spinney Updated: May-04-15 1:58 pm
NEW YORK - He has lent body and soul to a certain 8-foot-tall 6-year-old for nearly half a century, all the while hidden from sight.
- Gainesville toddler reads 1,000 books before age of 2 Updated: May-03-15 9:41 am
GAINESVILLE, Georgia - Clementine Connolly spends most of her days reading. At the breakfast table, she reaches for her book much like an adult would reach for the morning newspaper. At night before going to sleep, she curls up in bed with another book. Yet, she's not even 2 years old.
- High school students write children's books Updated: May-02-15 2:07 pm
WINCHESTER, Kentucky - A group of George Rogers Clark High School students visited Conkwright Elementary School kindergarteners in Winchester recently to read books written and printed as part of their creative writing curriculum.
- Children's book about Doc Watson focuses on his early years Updated: Apr-29-15 3:04 pm
HILLSBOROUGH, North Carolina - Three years ago, when Arthel "Doc" Watson died at age 89, music fans acknowledged his formidable influence as one of the giants of 20th-century folk guitar. But Hillsborough author Robbin Gourley had a different thought about him.
- Man upset by Spanish interpreter disrupts children's concert Updated: Apr-25-15 2:13 pm
PERRY, Iowa - A man apparently upset by the use of a Spanish translator at a central Iowa concert put on by kindergarten students disrupted the event as the children were being introduced.
- Tours of late moviemaker John Hughes' home to benefit kids Updated: Apr-25-15 4:04 am
LAKE FOREST, Illinois - The 21-room home of late moviemaker John Hughes is open for public tours to help fund health programs for underserved children and women.
- Fargo lawmaker helps produce children's coloring book Updated: Apr-24-15 3:52 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Among the bills and other documents surrounding the desk of North Dakota Sen. Tim Flakoll these days is a box of coloring books. His books.