- 5 Ukrainian troops killed as cease-fire teeters on brink Updated: May-06-15 1:50 pm
KIEV, Ukraine - Five Ukrainian government troops battling separatist forces in the east have been killed in one of the worst single days of bloodshed since a cease-fire was declared in February, military officials said Wednesday.
- 11 dead after Mali separatists launch central region attack Updated: May-05-15 5:40 pm
BAMAKO, Mali - Members of a coalition of separatist groups attacked a town in central Mali on Tuesday, killing 11 people and moving violence farther south after a cease-fire was broken last week, a spokesman and the government said.
- Judge orders cease fire at permit-less Kitsap gun range Updated: May-01-15 2:13 pm
BREMERTON, Washington - A Kitsap firing range is fighting a judge's injunction ordering compliance with a September ordinance that requires gun ranges to obtain operating permits from the county.
- Myanmar ethnic rebels meet to discuss nationwide ceasefire Updated: May-01-15 8:06 am
YANGON, Myanmar - Ethnic rebel group leaders began meeting Friday in northeastern Myanmar to discuss how to end the current fighting in the region and finalize a nationwide ceasefire agreement with the government.
- Rooftop restaurant provides rare bright spot in Gaza Updated: Apr-24-15 2:13 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - When nightfall descends upon Gaza, the glittering lights of the Level Up restaurant seem to be the only bright spot in this darkened city.
- NATO: Big military build-up on Russia-Ukraine border Updated: Apr-23-15 3:01 pm
BRUSSELS - NATO's chief on Thursday reported a sizeable Russian military buildup on the border with Ukraine that he said would enable pro-Moscow separatists to launch a new offensive with little warning.
- Iran urges UN to try to end Saudi-led bombing in Yemen Updated: Apr-17-15 5:58 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Iran's foreign minister urged U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on Friday to try to end "the senseless aerial attacks" in Yemen by a Saudi-led coalition and establish a cease-fire.
- UN chief calls for immediate cease-fire in Yemen Updated: Apr-16-15 10:21 pm
WASHINGTON - United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon called Thursday for an immediate cease-fire in Yemen to spur peace talks and get lifesaving aid into the impoverished Middle East nation.
- Colombia resumes air raids on rebels after 11 troops killed Updated: Apr-15-15 9:31 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Colombia's president on Wednesday ordered the resumption of air raids on rebel camps after an attack by leftist guerrillas killed 11 soldiers and wounded 19, jeopardizing progress in two-year-old peace talks.