- Ukraine calls on Russia to negotiate end to war in east Updated: Aug-01-15 1:11 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Ukraine's foreign minister is calling on Russia to come to "real negotiations" about a cease-fire and stabilization in Ukraine's war-torn east which will require fair elections that are internationally monitored.
- With warning to US, North Korea marks end of Korean War Updated: Jul-27-15 9:26 am
PYONGYANG, North Korea - North Korean officials warned the United States that another war on the Korean Peninsula would leave no Americans alive to sign a surrender document as the country marked Monday's anniversary of the armistice that ended fighting in the Korean War more than six decades ago.
- Colombia suspends raids on FARC camps following rebel truce Updated: Jul-25-15 10:43 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Colombia's government is suspending aerial bombings of guerrilla camps in a bid to de-escalate fighting and breathe new life into struggling peace talks.
- Myanmar ethnic peace talks recess without peace agreement Updated: Jul-24-15 5:20 am
YANGON, Myanmar - A three-day round of talks between the government and leaders of ethnic rebel groups concluded Friday without a sought-after ceasefire draft agreement to end decades of fighting.
- Colombia, rebels agree to strive for full cease-fire Updated: Jul-12-15 10:47 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Colombia's government and leftist rebels have agreed to accelerate peace negotiations and will attempt to negotiate a cease-fire even before reaching an agreement to bring an end to the South American nation's five-decade-old conflict.
- Colombia's FARC rebels announce unilateral cease-fire Updated: Jul-08-15 2:17 pm
HAVANA - Colombia's largest guerrilla army on Wednesday announced a monthlong, unilateral cease-fire, seeking to ease tensions as it continues long-running peace talks with the government.