- Colombia rebels cancel unilateral cease-fire after army raid Updated: May-22-15 2:55 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Colombia's largest rebel group on Friday called off a unilateral cease-fire in reaction to a military raid on a guerrilla camp that killed 26 of its fighters, further straining negotiations to end the country's half-century-old conflict.
- US's Nuland meets with Russians to back Ukraine cease-fire Updated: May-18-15 2:02 pm
MOSCOW - The United States wants to help solidify a shaky cease-fire and support efforts to resolve political and humanitarian concerns in Ukraine's rebellious east, a top U.S. diplomat said Monday after meeting with Russian counterparts.
- No breakthrough as Kerry meets Russia's Putin Updated: May-12-15 5:06 pm
SOCHI, Russia - The United States and Russia emerged Tuesday from their most extensive, high-level talks in years vowing closer cooperation on Ukraine and Syria but unable to point to any breakthrough or new approach to bridge the major differences separating the two powers.
- Germany urges Russia to put more pressure on Ukraine rebels Updated: May-10-15 12:04 pm
MOSCOW - Russia must do more to persuade separatists in eastern Ukraine to abide by a cease-fire that has been strained in recent weeks, German Chancellor Angela Merkel said Sunday during a visit to Moscow.
- Saudi Arabia says 5-day ceasefire in Yemen will start May 12 Updated: May-08-15 12:41 pm
PARIS - Saudi Arabia declared a unilateral cease-fire in Yemen that would start May 12 and urged Shiite rebels and their allies to stop fighting. It was unclear if the Iran-backed Houthis were prepared to lay down their arms.
- US, Saudi Arabia announce 5-day ceasefire in Yemen 'soon' Updated: May-07-15 9:13 am
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia and the United States said Thursday a renewable, five-day cease-fire in Yemen's war would start soon to facilitate aid to millions of civilians in need, if Iran-backed rebels and their allies also agree to stop fighting.
- Judge orders cease fire at permit-less Kitsap gun range Updated: May-01-15 2:13 pm
BREMERTON, Washington - A Kitsap firing range is fighting a judge's injunction ordering compliance with a September ordinance that requires gun ranges to obtain operating permits from the county.
- Myanmar ethnic rebels meet to discuss nationwide ceasefire Updated: May-01-15 8:06 am
YANGON, Myanmar - Ethnic rebel group leaders began meeting Friday in northeastern Myanmar to discuss how to end the current fighting in the region and finalize a nationwide ceasefire agreement with the government.
- Rooftop restaurant provides rare bright spot in Gaza Updated: Apr-24-15 2:13 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - When nightfall descends upon Gaza, the glittering lights of the Level Up restaurant seem to be the only bright spot in this darkened city.