- South Sudan rebel leader: Cease-fire, peace pact in danger Updated: Aug-31-15 1:34 pm
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - South Sudan's rebel leader is warning attacks by government troops on rebel-held areas could sabotage a peace agreement.
- Suu Kyi: Myanmar rebels should think carefully on peace deal Updated: Aug-26-15 9:40 pm
YANGON, Myanmar - Myanmar's popular opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi is urging armed ethnic minority groups to think carefully before signing a nationwide cease-fire agreement, a top party colleague said, a position that pits her against President Thein Sein, who has made reaching a deal before November elections his top priority.
- South Sudan leader signs peace deal amid sanctions threat Updated: Aug-26-15 4:46 pm
JUBA, South Sudan - South Sudan President Salva Kiir on Wednesday signed a peace deal with rebels, more than 20 months after the start of fighting between the army and rebels led by his former deputy.
- Ukraine vows to increase troops to fend off rebel attacks Updated: Aug-24-15 2:02 pm
KIEV, Ukraine - Ukraine's president vowed to increase troop numbers to fend off attacks by Russia-backed separatist rebels and warned his countrymen that there is still the threat of a "large-scale invasion," in an impassioned speech to mark Independence Day on Monday.
- Yemen's president calls for cease-fire and rebel withdrawal Updated: Aug-21-15 7:26 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Yemen's president is proposing a 15-day cease-fire that would coincide with the withdrawal of Shiite rebel militias from all government institutions and military installations and all cities and provinces - even the province they call home.
- Deadly attacks surge as Iran's foreign minister visits Syria Updated: Aug-12-15 3:23 pm
DAMASCUS, Syria - Iran's foreign minister, who negotiated his country's nuclear deal with world powers, discussed ways of ending Syria's civil war with President Bashar Assad in Damascus on Wednesday, as attacks surged around the Syrian capital, killing at least 36 people and wounding dozens.