- Texarkana officials say big mess left after parade Updated: Dec-04-13 12:08 pm
- Woods closes chapter on California childhood Updated: Dec-03-13 6:36 pm
- Longtime photographer heads Ohio holiday parade Updated: Dec-02-13 8:43 am
- Floral image of late Ind. boy displayed at church Updated: Dec-02-13 5:40 am
- WVU Tech, Montgomery team up for holiday events Updated: Dec-02-13 3:07 am
- Maine's Lewiston and Auburn to hold holiday parade Updated: Dec-01-13 8:40 am
- Air Force base host holiday parade, tree lighting Updated: Dec-01-13 4:06 am
- Pearl Harbor survivors feted at Waikiki parade Updated: Nov-30-13 7:13 pm
- War over Tulsa's holiday parades continues Updated: Nov-30-13 4:22 pm
- Boy, 8, run over, hurt by parade float in Illinois Updated: Nov-30-13 10:40 am
- Jett was replaced by 2 vegetarians on SD float Updated: Nov-29-13 8:17 am
- AP PHOTOS: Macy's parade flying high since 1920s Updated: Nov-28-13 9:29 pm
- Balloons steal show at NYC parade after wind fears Updated: Nov-28-13 5:07 pm
- Ex-Tigers manager takes 'grand' new gig in Detroit Updated: Nov-28-13 1:51 pm
- Winds limit use of balloons in Philly parade Updated: Nov-28-13 12:08 pm
- Charlotte Thanksgiving parade set with new sponsor Updated: Nov-28-13 4:11 am
- NYPD optimistic Macy's parade balloons will fly Updated: Nov-27-13 4:54 pm
- Jett's replacement on SD float still not named Updated: Nov-27-13 4:28 pm
- Crow Dancer to appear in Macy's parade Updated: Nov-27-13 3:58 pm
- Sun Bowl parade logo means street duty for man Updated: Nov-27-13 9:22 am
- Rain and snow threaten to snarl holiday travel Updated: Nov-26-13 6:49 pm
- Ho, Ho, No! NYC Santa Claus parade comes to an end Updated: Nov-25-13 6:05 pm
- Ford unveils new float for Thanksgiving parade Updated: Nov-25-13 4:33 pm
- Aitkin to hold 22nd annual Fish House Parade Updated: Nov-25-13 5:06 am
- Latin Grammys go on after green carpet rainout Updated: Nov-22-13 12:04 am
TEXARKANA, Arkansas - The head of the Public Works Department in Texarkana, Arkansas, says people who visited downtown Monday night for a Christmas parade left behind a pile of garbage.
THOUSAND OAKS, California - Of all the memories from Tiger Woods' roots in Southern California, it's easy to overlook the time he made an appearance in the Tournament of Roses parade.
MOUNT VERNON, Ohio - A newspaper photographer found himself on the other side of the lens when he rode as grand marshal in a Christmas parade in the central Ohio town he's covered for nearly six decades.
TERRE HAUTE, Indiana - A portrait of a late western Indiana boy that's made entirely from flowers has been displayed at an Indiana church before it's added to a float for the New Year's Day Rose Parade.
MONTGOMERY, West Virginia - West Virginia University Tech is teaming up with the city of Montgomery to celebrate the holidays.
LEWISTON, Maine - The cities of Lewiston and Auburn are celebrating the holidays this week with a parade and tree lighting ceremony.
SEYMOUR JOHNSON AIR FORCE BASE, North Carolina - North Carolina's largest Air Force base is joining communities across the country in marking the holiday season with a parade.
HONOLULU - A little rain failed to deter thousands of people from showing up Friday night at the annual Waikiki Holiday Parade.
TULSA, Oklahoma - Many in this Bible Belt town thought the perceived war on Christmas was over when Tulsa's downtown parade put the word "Christmas" back in its title after a four-year absence. But the battle will apparently last another year, with some residents continuing to stage their own parade - also with Christmas in the title - on the south side of city.
CRYSTAL LAKE, Illinois - An 8-year-old boy has been run over and injured by a parade float at a holiday event in northeast Illinois.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - South Dakota apparently swapped out a vegan for two outspoken vegetarians as the featured entertainment on the state float in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
These days, giant balloons are a defining characteristic of the annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. But it wasn't always so. When the parade began in 1924, it was called the Macy's Christmas Parade and featured live animals from the Central Park Zoo marching along with Macy's employees, according to the store's website. It wasn't until three years later, in 1927, that the parade included balloons. The inflatables have been part of the tradition every year since then - except for 1971, when they were grounded by bad weather and high winds.
NEW YORK - Revelers at this year's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade gave thanks for the giant balloons that flew above the city streets Thursday after a blustery storm accompanied by high winds nearly grounded them for only the second time in the parade's 87-year history.
DETROIT - Jim Leyland may no longer be manager of the Detroit Tigers, but he picked up another high-profile position in the city.
PHILADELPHIA - Officials say gusty winds limited use of balloons during the annual Thanksgiving Day Parade in Philadelphia.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - A Charlotte tradition on the brink of extinction is returning with a new name and a few changes for Thanksgiving.
NEW YORK - The weather is looking up for Snoopy, Spidey and the rest of the giant balloons that take to the skies for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - South Dakotans will likely find out Thursday morning who will appear on the state's Mount Rushmore-themed float in the annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
BILLINGS, Montana - Christian Parrish Takes The Gun has been dancing at powwows since he was in the fourth grade. And, he's been spreading his message of sobriety through hip hop as Supaman for more than a decade.
EL PASO, Texas - While he may not be a household name, the work he has done for more than four decades has been seen by thousands of El Pasoans.
NEW YORK - Thanksgiving travelers scrambled to book earlier flights Tuesday to avoid a sprawling storm bearing down on the East Coast with a messy mix of snow, rain and wind that threatened to snarl one of the busiest travel days of the year and ground giant balloon versions of Snoopy and SpongeBob SquarePants in the Macy's parade.
NEW YORK - Santa Claus ISN'T coming to town.
DEARBORN, Michigan - Ford Motor Co. Executive Chairman Bill Ford Jr. has unveiled the automaker's float a few days before it hits the road for Detroit's Thanksgiving Day parade.
AITKIN, Minnesota - The northern Minnesota town of Aitkin (AY'-kin) celebrates the frigid weather with its annual fish house parade this week.
Undeterred by a torrential rainstorm that shut down the green carpet, the stars of Latin music gathered to award Carlos Vives three Latin Grammys including song of the year for "Volvi a Nacer" in Las Vegas.