- Glitter, feathers, paint: New Orleans preps for Mardi Gras Updated: Feb-03-16 7:47 am
NEW ORLEANS - It's glitter season in New Orleans. A time for feathers, paper mache, sequins, paint, bailing wire, bones, and just about any other item that can be used for decoration. Across garages, kitchen tables and warehouses, residents are feverishly sewing elaborate costumes, painting floats and decorating custom throws.
- A look inside Broadway's most exciting musical numbers Updated: Feb-02-16 9:30 am
NEW YORK - Even in a show with plenty of magic, a special sort of it happens right after intermission at "Aladdin" on Broadway.
- Kerry Washington feted with parade and roast at Harvard Updated: Jan-28-16 7:53 pm
CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts - "Scandal" actress Kerry Washington took home a shiny little pudding pot Thursday after being feted with a raucous parade through Harvard Square and a roast by Harvard University's Hasty Pudding Theatricals.
- France's Hollande views Indian Republic Day parade Updated: Jan-26-16 10:45 am
NEW DELHI - French President Francois Hollande was wrapping up a three-day visit to India on Tuesday by watching an elaborate display of Indian military hardware and marching bands in India's Republic Day celebrations.
- Vicksburg's 15th annual Mardi Gras parade seeks participants Updated: Jan-26-16 9:21 am
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - Vicksburg officials are looking for volunteers to participate in the city's 15th annual downtown Mardi Gras Parade.
- Club in St. Martinville files suit over parade dispute Updated: Jan-23-16 3:35 pm
ST. MARTINVILLE, Louisiana - A club that runs an annual Mardi Gras parade in St. Martinville alleges in a federal lawsuit that its rights are being violated after the city required it to have more security and barricades to make the parade safer.
- Thousands celebrate Alabama national football title Updated: Jan-23-16 3:10 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Alabama football fans turned out by the thousands Saturday to celebrate the Crimson Tide's fourth national championship in seven years, and some already are thinking about another title next season.
- FBI: 'Unprecedented' security for New Orleans Mardi Gras Updated: Jan-19-16 2:32 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Security for Mardi Gras will be "unprecedented," featuring so much surveillance that you can "assume that you are being filmed wherever you are," the agent who runs the city's FBI's office said Tuesday.
- Thousands line South LA streets for MLK Day parade Updated: Jan-18-16 9:26 pm
LOS ANGELES - Thousands of people lined the streets of South Los Angeles to for a Martin Luther King Jr. Day parade that is among the nation's biggest celebrations of the holiday.
- Marches, parades, speeches part of MLK Day across Texas Updated: Jan-18-16 6:36 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Thousands of Texans took to the streets Monday for marches, speeches and volunteer efforts to remember slain civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr. on the federal holiday in his name.
- Dozens in Little Rock celebrate King without mention of Lee Updated: Jan-18-16 5:06 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Dozens of residents gathered for events throughout Little Rock Monday celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day from the annual "marade" - march and parade- to a day of service at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
- From Tuscaloosa to Atlanta, residents celebrate King legacy Updated: Jan-18-16 4:26 pm
ATLANTA - Residents across the South observed Martin Luther King Day with parades, church services and acts of service Monday.
- Alabama schedules national championship celebration Updated: Jan-15-16 4:51 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Alabama will hold a parade celebrating the national championship.
- Vicksburg to not hold MLK parade Updated: Jan-15-16 10:53 am
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - For the first time in a decade, Vicksburg will not have a Martin Luther King Jr. parade.
- Time to plan for Mardi Gras: It's early this year, Feb. 9 Updated: Jan-14-16 11:13 am
NEW ORLEANS - Seems like we've barely recovered from Christmas and New Year's, but it's already Carnival time, with Mardi Gras falling early this year, on Feb. 9.
- Plan to shorten parade at oldest July 4th fest draws fire Updated: Jan-13-16 3:27 pm
The town that boasts the nation's oldest Fourth of July celebration is in turmoil over a plan to shorten its 2.5-mile parade route.
- Bristol parade committee to vote again on route change Updated: Jan-12-16 4:28 am
BRISTOL, Rhode Island - The Bristol Fourth of July Parade committee is backtracking after opponents lashed out against their recent decision to shorten the town's historic Independence Day parade.
- Solange Knowles to ride with 2016 Krewe of Muses Updated: Jan-11-16 2:27 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Singer-songwriter Solange Knowles will ride in the all-female Krewe of Muses' signature shoe during the 2016 carnival parade on Feb. 4.
- Ex-Sen. George Mitchell to lead NYC St. Patrick's Day Parade Updated: Jan-11-16 9:52 am
NEW YORK - A former U.S. Senate majority leader who helped broker peace negotiations in Northern Ireland has been picked to lead New York City's St. Patrick's Day Parade.
- Huge Catholic parade held under heavy security in Manila Updated: Jan-09-16 3:07 am
MANILA, Philippines - A massive crowd of Filipino Roman Catholic devotees jammed Manila's streets Saturday for an annual procession of a centuries-old statue of Jesus Christ, which was held under extra heavy security following the Paris attacks.