- Celebrities dot de Blasio's NYC inauguration team Updated: Nov-30-13 2:49 pm
- Syria talks aim to build on momentum of Iran deal Updated: Nov-25-13 5:41 pm
- When presidents die, power transfer can be fraught Updated: Nov-23-13 3:30 pm
- Assad gaining ground in Syrian civil war Updated: Nov-16-13 12:17 pm
- Tunisian leader: Political process will succeed Updated: Nov-05-13 1:29 pm
NEW YORK - New York City Mayor-elect Bill de Blasio's Inaugural Committee is star-studded.
BEIRUT - Within 24 hours of an interim deal aimed at reining in Iran's nuclear program, world powers raised hopes Monday for the first face-to-face talks to end the Syrian civil war as the United Nations called the warring parties to the table.
NEW YORK - As President John F. Kennedy lay dying 50 years ago at Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, Vice President Lyndon Johnson was hurried into a small room in Minor Medicine, where he stood silently against a wall. After a wait of some 35 minutes, presidential aide Kenneth O'Donnell entered and approached Johnson, who had been two cars behind Kennedy when the shots were fired in Dealey Plaza.
BEIRUT - Forces loyal to Syrian President Bashar Assad have firmly seized the momentum in the country's civil war in recent weeks, capturing one rebel stronghold after another and triumphantly planting the two-starred Syrian government flag amid shattered buildings and rubble-strewn streets.
PARIS - Tunisia's president expressed confidence Tuesday that the North African country's transition to democracy will succeed despite the collapse of key talks to select a new prime minister.