- El Salvador waits final count in presidential vote Updated: Mar-10-14 8:14 pm
- 2-year extension offered for canceled health plans Updated: Mar-05-14 6:28 pm
- UN authorizes sanctions against Yemen spoilers Updated: Feb-26-14 12:26 pm
- White House: Yanukovych not actively Ukraine head Updated: Feb-24-14 8:40 pm
- Tuscan tapped to be next Italian PM is fast-riser Updated: Feb-17-14 10:59 am
- Kerry visits UAE for talks on Syria Updated: Feb-17-14 9:37 am
- Syria peace talks in doubt after 6th day in Geneva Updated: Feb-15-14 9:13 am
- Berlusconi remains a force in Italy turmoil Updated: Feb-14-14 6:13 pm
SAN SALVADOR, El Salvador - Authorities in El Salvador began the final count of votes Monday in a presidential runoff whose razor-close margin led the conservative challenger to announce his party is on "a war footing" to challenge alleged fraud.
WASHINGTON - Warding off the specter of election-year health insurance cancellations, the Obama administration Wednesday announced a two-year extension for individual policies that don't meet requirements of the new health care law.
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. Security Council unanimously approved a resolution Wednesday authorizing sanctions against individuals and organizations threatening peace, security or stability in Yemen.
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration signaled Monday it no longer recognizes Viktor Yanukovych as Ukraine's president. The shift of support for opposition leaders in Kiev came even as U.S. officials sought to assure Russia that it does not have to be shut out of a future relationship with a new Ukrainian government.
ROME - Matteo Renzi is a fast-talker, fast-mover who has rocketed to the peak of Italian politics after being tapped Monday to try to form Italy's next government. Here's a fast look at what distinguishes the Democratic leader from the rest of Italy's political class.
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry traveled to Abu Dhabi Monday for discussions with Emirati officials on the deteriorating situation in Syria, nuclear talks with Iran and the Middle East peace process.
GENEVA - U.N.-Arab League mediator Lakhdar Brahimi ended direct talks between the Syrian government and opposition Saturday without finding a way of breaking the impasse in peace talks.
MILAN - He has been convicted of tax fraud, booted out of the Senate and banned from political office.