- Court upholds tax evasion convictions of Atkins diet doctor Updated: Feb-09-16 3:06 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A federal appeals court has upheld the convictions of a Kansas obesity specialist who co-authored the "Atkins Diabetes Revolution."
- Clark County district uses student feedback to improve meals Updated: Feb-07-16 4:41 pm
LAS VEGAS - Feedback from students in the Clark County School District is helping improve lunches so that kids will actually eat them.
- Police: Man faked brain cancer, took thousands in donations Updated: Feb-04-16 7:11 am
WALLINGFORD, Connecticut - Police say a Connecticut man shaved his head and took weight loss pills to convince people he had stage 3 brain cancer and collect thousands in donations.
- FTC shuts down diet-pill distributor for alleged fake claims Updated: Feb-03-16 8:15 pm
GLENDALE, California - A Glendale, California, company shut down 10 months ago will pay about $10 million to settle claims by the Federal Trade Commission that it wildly exaggerated the results of its diet supplements, used fake endorsements from people like Oprah Winfrey and hired marketers to send millions of spam emails.
- Former Saints RB presents check to Pass Christian school Updated: Feb-03-16 5:24 pm
PASS CHRISTIAN, Mississippi - Students at a Pass Christian school received quite a surprise Wednesday when former Saints running back Deuce McAllister visited them to congratulate their big win in a statewide contest.
- Obama to seek $12B from Congress for child nutrition Updated: Jan-27-16 6:10 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama plans to ask Congress for $12 billion over a decade to help feed millions of schoolchildren from low-income families during the summer, the White House said Wednesday.
- Weight Watchers stock gains as Oprah loses 26 pounds Updated: Jan-26-16 2:36 pm
NEW YORK - Weight Watchers stock is gaining again, thanks to Oprah Winfrey's weight loss.
- School district tries building meals kids will buy - and eat Updated: Jan-23-16 4:02 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Anchorage School District's dietitian is fed up with kids who hate their school lunches, so much they walk straight from the food line to the garbage.
- Senate panel approves bill to make school lunches tastier Updated: Jan-20-16 1:12 pm
WASHINGTON - School meals could become a bit tastier under legislation approved by a Senate committee.
- Heavy Duty: Alabamians step on scale to set Guinness record Updated: Jan-17-16 9:51 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - In the spirt of weight loss, Alabamians stepped on a truck scale and broke the Guinness World Record.
- National health survey to collect data in St. Clair County Updated: Jan-15-16 4:21 am
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - An influential national health and diet survey will collect information this spring from residents of St. Clair County in Illinois.
- Program works to increase access to food across Michigan Updated: Jan-14-16 7:53 am
DETROIT - The Food Bank Council of Michigan says a program to increase access to food across the state has made progress in its first year.
- Oregon State University store begins accepting food stamps Updated: Jan-13-16 11:11 am
CORVALLIS, Oregon - Oregon State University has become one of only a handful of universities with a store that can accept federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program cards.