- Maine wants to ban food stamp purchases of soda, junk food Updated: Nov-23-15 2:05 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Maine Department of Health and Human Service is going after soda and junk food purchased with food stamps.
- Surgeon general visits garden program at Los Angeles school Updated: Nov-20-15 1:59 pm
LOS ANGELES - At a high school in urban South Los Angeles, students are growing fruits and vegetables and starting to eat more of them, too.
- Michelle Obama to speak at Old Dominion University this week Updated: Nov-18-15 1:02 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - First lady Michelle Obama is scheduled to speak at FNV Live! at Old Dominion University in Norfolk later this week.
- Study: Even the normal-weight should watch that apple shape Updated: Nov-09-15 5:03 pm
WASHINGTON - A pot belly can be a bad thing - even if you're not considered overweight.
- Supplement line strikes deals with MLBPA, USA Water Polo Updated: Nov-09-15 3:08 am
The world of nutritional supplements can be a minefield for athletes.
- Young, idealistic farmers help keep land in production Updated: Nov-08-15 12:14 pm
NEW PALTZ, New York - Hauling feed, herding pigs, long hours. Farming is hard. And 25-year-old Leanna Mulvihill loves it.
- Study: Teen obesity surgery benefits last at least 3 years Updated: Nov-06-15 11:01 am
The largest, longest study of teen obesity surgery shows huge weight loss and health gains can last at least three years, and many say it's worth the risks.
- Study: Nearly half of US pregnant women gain too much weight Updated: Nov-05-15 2:45 pm
NEW YORK - Nearly half of U.S. moms gain too much weight during pregnancy, according to a government study released Thursday.