- Students see fruits of their labor with school garden Updated: Oct-10-15 10:38 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Riverside Elementary fourth-grader Connor McKewon gave his family an unexpected answer when asked what he'd learned in school on a recent day.
- Research beefing up steaks, hamburgers with healthy omega-3s Updated: Oct-09-15 1:49 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Health-conscious consumers might be persuaded to eat more beef if it was fortified with heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids naturally found in salmon and walnuts, according to researchers and some ranchers who are feeding cattle flaxseed - even marine algae - with an eye to offering another wholesome dinner choice.
- 800-pound man orders pizza, booted from hospital Updated: Oct-08-15 8:36 pm
WARWICK, Rhode Island - An 800-pound Rhode Island man says he's been kicked out of a hospital's weight loss program for ordering pizza.
- Lawmakers question effectiveness of dietary guidelines Updated: Oct-07-15 4:13 pm
WASHINGTON - Lawmakers on Wednesday asked federal officials whether Americans should trust the government's dietary guidelines, which inform everything from school lunches to advice from a doctor.
- Ben Gordon goes vegan for a stint, notices improved energy Updated: Oct-06-15 6:55 pm
OAKLAND, California - Ben Gordon ate avocados any time of day for their healthy fat, and also fueled his workouts with oatmeal and different juices or nutrient-rich smoothies.
- Wal-Mart expands protein bars to main grocery aisles Updated: Oct-06-15 6:18 pm
NEW YORK - Protein and health bars at Wal-Mart are getting ready for prime time.
- Couple plead guilty in supplement misbranding case Updated: Oct-06-15 8:20 am
LOS ANGELES - The husband-and-wife owners of a Los Angeles County nutritional supplement company pleaded guilty to federal charges stemming from the illegal importation of so-called royal jelly from China under deceptive labels.
- Coke ending sponsorship of dietitians group Updated: Sep-29-15 4:21 pm
NEW YORK - Coca-Cola says it will not renew its sponsorship of a professional group for dietitians, bringing to a halt one of many outreach efforts on health by the world's biggest soda maker.
- FTC: Weight loss co. threatened users who wrote bad reviews Updated: Sep-28-15 1:55 pm
NEW YORK - The Federal Trade Commission said Monday that it is suing weight loss supplement company Roca Labs for threatening to sue customers that complained or wrote negative reviews online about its products.
- Peoples Health donates $240K to Meals on Wheels Updated: Sep-24-15 1:41 pm
KENNER, Louisiana - A $240,000 donation from Peoples Health will ensure that 1,200 Jefferson Parish senior citizens and disabled residents will receive a meal daily.
- Vegan lifestyle transforms couple's life Updated: Sep-20-15 3:20 pm
WINCHESTER, Oregon - Last month, Joe Clyde's neurologist told him he has the slowest-progressing case of Parkinson's disease he's ever seen.
- Another food fight? Congress mulls school meal standards Updated: Sep-18-15 3:40 am
WASHINGTON - Congress is deciding whether it wants another pitched battle with first lady Michelle Obama and the administration over school lunches that put more whole grains in kids' meals and cut salty foods.
- Target, developing healthier habits, hands workers Fitbits Updated: Sep-16-15 4:35 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Target is going on a health kick, aimed at both customers and its employees.
- Officials: Schools ex-nutrition director charged with theft Updated: Sep-15-15 2:21 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Officials say the former nutrition director for Knox County Schools has been charged with theft and official misconduct.
- Mondelez plans to concentrate more on healthy snacks Updated: Sep-10-15 4:58 pm
NEW YORK - Mondelez, the company behind the Oreo and Cadbury brands, says that it plans to have 50 percent of its portfolio contain healthy snacks within the next five years.