- 30 years after art heist, museum hopes to get piece back Updated: Nov-28-15 5:07 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - An empty wooden frame once occupied by Willem de Kooning's "Woman-Ochre" sits at the center of a gallery at the University of Arizona's Museum of Art in Tucson.
- Crabapple trees to be removed from front of Boise Art Museum Updated: Nov-27-15 2:45 pm
BOISE, Idaho - The Boise Art Museum says seven crabapple trees obscuring the scene in front of the museum's facade and inhibiting outdoor seating and art placement must be removed.
- Exclusive Matisse exhibition set for Oklahoma City museum Updated: Nov-25-15 3:59 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma City Museum of Art has been selected to host an exclusive exhibition of the works of French artist Henri Matisse and other masters.
- Cuban art thief suspect arrested in Greece Updated: Nov-25-15 3:43 pm
ATHENS, Greece - Police in Greece say a Cuban man has been arrested near Athens on suspicion of stealing 71 paintings and artwork from the National Museum of Fine Arts in Havana.
- Mitsubishi donating $1M to Smithsonian museums of Asian art Updated: Nov-24-15 9:01 am
WASHINGTON - Mitsubishi is donating $1 million to the Smithsonian's museums of Asian art aimed at expanding communication among Japanese and American audiences and scholars.
- New building opens at Milwaukee Art Museum Updated: Nov-23-15 3:02 pm
MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee Art Museum, known for its winged-like sunscreen that opens and closes over Lake Michigan, is expanding.
- Paris tourism slumps in wake of attacks Updated: Nov-23-15 2:46 pm
PARIS - The attacks in Paris are having a major impact on tourism, initial figures show, pushing the French prime minister to meet industry officials to come up with a plan to limit the damage and keep visitors coming to the City of Light.
- Students learn art of screen printing at Loveland museum Updated: Nov-21-15 9:41 am
LOVELAND, Colorado - With a lot of creativity and a few tools, 21 area middle school students became screen printers.
- Detroit museum plans 2016 round of outdoor art reproductions Updated: Nov-20-15 6:59 am
DETROIT - The Detroit Institute of Arts is planning the 2016 edition of its annual program that installs artwork reproductions outdoors around the area.
- Indiana museum surrenders statue looted from India Updated: Nov-18-15 9:24 am
MUNCIE, Indiana - An Indiana museum has surrendered a bronze statue after learning it was likely stolen from a temple in India.
- Dutch fashion designer melds the traditional and high-tech Updated: Nov-06-15 11:49 am
ATLANTA - Drawing inspiration from sources including art, architecture, the movement of the human body and science, Iris van Herpen creates cutting-edge fashion using a combination of traditional craftsmanship and innovative technology.
- Detroit museum gets support for conservation, digitizing art Updated: Nov-02-15 7:51 am
DETROIT - The Detroit Institute of Arts has received grants to support conservation work at the museum and digitizing artworks from its collection.
- German museum moves to dismiss suit over Nazi-era art buy Updated: Oct-30-15 7:46 am
BERLIN - The organization overseeing Berlin's museums says it has filed a motion to dismiss a U.S. lawsuit brought by the heirs of Nazi-era Jewish art dealers demanding the return of a medieval treasure trove worth an estimated $226 million.