- Director seeks to expand regional art at Huntington museum Updated: Aug-01-15 9:46 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - It's been almost a month since Geoffrey Fleming took over as director at the Huntington Museum of Art, and the new man at the helm is starting to find his direction.
- Detroit art museum says 'thanks' to Michigan with programs Updated: Jul-29-15 4:38 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Institute of Arts is showing its gratitude to the people of Michigan for the state's help in preserving the internationally renowned collection during the city's passage through bankruptcy.
- Unique Ukrainian folk art on view at NYC museum Updated: Jul-29-15 6:59 am
NEW YORK - An exhibition of Ukrainian folk art inspired by an ancient ornamental painting tradition of home exteriors and interiors in central Ukraine is on view in New York City.
- Detroit museum installs latest round of outdoor art copies Updated: Jul-24-15 8:55 am
ROSEVILLE, Michigan - The Detroit Institute of Arts is installing dozens of artwork reproductions outside in the Detroit area this summer, as its "Inside/Out" effort that it started five years ago expands to several other U.S. cities.
- Public divided over Smithsonian display of Bill Cosby's art Updated: Jul-23-15 5:02 pm
WASHINGTON - Dozens of emails and comments left at the Smithsonian Institution show the public appears to be sharply divided over an exhibition featuring Bill Cosby's art collection, which the museum has stood behind since the comedian admitted obtaining drugs to give to women with whom he wanted to have sex.
- Ball State museum faces question of whether artwork stolen Updated: Jul-19-15 8:34 am
MUNCIE, Indiana - A 1,000-year-old Hindu idol on display at Ball State University's art museum has come under question since the dealer of the artifact became the subject of a federal investigation. A blogger who has helped identify many stolen idols believes that the small bronze statue depicting the marriage of deities Shiva and Parvati was taken from a temple in India. The Ball State museum bought the artifact 10 years ago from a New York City art dealer who's accused of being one of the world's most prolific art smugglers.
- Street art comes to Aspen Updated: Jul-18-15 3:08 am
ASPEN, Colorado - Street art has arrived in Aspen. Just gaze at the upper east and west sides of the former Crystal Palace building on East Hyman Avenue and see for yourself.
- Bill Cosby's art collection to remain on view at Smithsonian Updated: Jul-13-15 9:05 am
WASHINGTON - Over the past seven months, as sexual misconduct allegations against Bill Cosby mounted, a top Smithsonian official met privately with museum directors across the sprawling complex on the National Mall to decide what to do about an exhibit showcasing Cosby's private art collection.
- Walking away from Cosby: Deserters keep adding up Updated: Jul-11-15 7:43 pm
The sexual assault allegations against Bill Cosby had already severely damaged his career even before The Associated Press revealed this week that he admitted under oath in 2005 to obtaining quaaludes to give to young women he wanted to have sex with. But now even the hangers-on are walking away.