- Indianapolis Museum of Art sponsors nature drawing Updated: Apr-22-14 4:02 am
- Revisiting NYC's 1964 World's Fair, 50 years later Updated: Apr-21-14 12:26 pm
- Fort Wayne sculpture struck by truck due to return Updated: Apr-20-14 5:28 pm
- Large wildfire in Dutch national park Updated: Apr-20-14 2:10 pm
- Exhibit recreates Warhol's 1964 World's Fair mural Updated: Apr-19-14 12:55 pm
- 'Art of Video Games' exhibit coming to Toledo Updated: Apr-19-14 10:40 am
- Miami hosts 'Caribbean: Crossroads of the World' Updated: Apr-18-14 12:55 pm
- Broad Art Museum gets $5 million donation Updated: Apr-18-14 10:40 am
- Phoenix Art Museum director to retire Updated: Apr-18-14 6:02 am
- Del. museum: Art vandalized with stickers Updated: Apr-17-14 8:25 am
- Matisse's colorful cutouts go on show in London Updated: Apr-14-14 10:44 am
- Handwritten Bible finds home in Phoenix Updated: Apr-13-14 9:02 am
- Del. museum's Winslow Homer painting may be sold Updated: Apr-12-14 1:41 pm
- 5 opulent homes on Kiawah Island open to public Updated: Apr-11-14 4:04 am
- Knoxville Museum of Art to display large sculpture Updated: Apr-08-14 4:07 am
- Milwaukee Art Museum plans major building project Updated: Apr-07-14 5:53 pm
- American art to flood US billboards this summer Updated: Apr-07-14 9:47 am
- 'Mural' restoration prompts wearable works of art Updated: Apr-05-14 12:14 pm
- Dallas museum exhibits Islamic art, objects Updated: Apr-01-14 1:14 pm
- $1.5M gift to establish, endow curatorial position Updated: Mar-31-14 11:23 am
- Pence to give 'Love' sculpture replica to Cologne Updated: Mar-31-14 6:31 am
- Woman donates mother's artworks to WVU museum Updated: Mar-31-14 2:06 am
- Animal mummies displayed at California museum Updated: Mar-30-14 3:58 pm
- Long-lost Renoir piece returns to Baltimore museum Updated: Mar-27-14 4:50 pm
- Delaware Art Museum to sell works to repay debt Updated: Mar-26-14 3:15 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indianapolis Museum of Art is sponsoring an online drawing competition for digital pieces inspired by the institution's collections and gardens.
NEW YORK - You can just barely see them through the window of the No. 7 subway as it rattles into the elevated station in Corona, Queens: a gigantic steel sphere, two rocket ships, and towers that appear to be capped by flying saucers.
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - A large steel sculpture damaged by a truck that barreled across the lawn of the Fort Wayne Museum of Art has been repaired and could return home soon.
EDE, Netherlands - A large wildfire destroyed at least 530 hectares (1,300 acres) in the Netherlands' Hoge Veluwe National Park on Sunday, one of the worst fires seen in the region for decades, Dutch authorities said.
NEW YORK - Even for a 1964 New York World's Fair that celebrated "The World of Tomorrow," Andy Warhol may have been ahead of his time.
TOLEDO, Ohio - Video games are coming to the Toledo Museum of Art this summer.
MIAMI - One of the opening images in "Caribbean: Crossroads of the World" features a massive nuclear submarine breaking the surface off what appears to be a cold northern coastline, with evergreens that would never thrive in tropical weather.
EAST LANSING, Michigan - The Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum at Michigan State University has received $5 million to increase its endowment and help fund exhibitions for the next five years, officials announced Friday.
PHOENIX - The longtime director of the Phoenix Art Museum is retiring after more than 30 years at the helm.
WILMINGTON, Delaware - The Delaware Museum of Art says a group of visitors recently vandalized paintings and a statue with stickers.
LONDON - A huge new Henri Matisse show in London is many things - bold, colorful, exuberant. It's also a great advertisement for the creativity of old age.
PHOENIX - Scribes with quills in hand were once the conduits of history, connecting ink to vellum, painstakingly preserving the records of the world.
WILMINGTON, Delaware - One of the Delaware Art Museum's most treasured works has been taken off the museum's collections database as the museum prepares to sell artworks to repay debt and replenish its endowment.
KIAWAH ISLAND, South Carolina - Five opulent homes on Kiawah Island southwest of Charleston are being opened to the public as part of the annual Kiawah Island Art and House Tour.
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - The Knoxville Museum of Art will debut a massive sculpture designed for the facility's Great Hall by artist Richard Jolley of Knoxville.
MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee Art Museum plans to renovate two buildings and expand 17,000 square feet.
WASHINGTON - Five museums say they are organizing the largest outdoor art show to showcase American art nationwide this summer.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - When Christiana Byrne began designing a wearable work of art inspired by Jackson Pollock's epic painting "Mural," she considered the life of the reclusive artist.
DALLAS - A new exhibit in Dallas showcases 150 rare Islamic works of art and scientific objects that explore the use and meaning of light.
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A $1.5 million gift is being used to establish and endow a new curatorial position in African art at the University of Michigan Museum of Art.
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Gov. Mike Pence will give a replica of the iconic "Love" sculpture to a museum in Indianapolis' sister city of Cologne, Germany.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The West Virginia University Art Museum has received 49 artworks by West Virginia artist Grace Martin Taylor.
SANTA ANA, California - Dogs and cats are often beloved family members in current culture, but animals held such a prominent place in ancient Egyptian society that tens of millions were mummified, some going into the pharaohs' tombs to rest eternally in the company of their kings.
BALTIMORE - A tiny Renoir painting has returned home to a gallery in the Baltimore Museum of Art nearly 63 years after it was stolen and then kept mysteriously hidden for decades until it resurfaced in 2012.
WILMINGTON, Delaware - The Delaware Art Museum says it will sell a few pieces of art to raise money to repay its bond debt and replenish its endowment.