- Art lovers stage mock anti-Renoir protest at Boston museum Updated: Oct-06-15 4:29 pm
BOSTON - Renoir didn't leave much of an impression on a group of art lovers in Boston.
- NYC's MoMA announces new associated film curator Updated: Oct-02-15 10:01 am
NEW YORK - The Museum of Modern Art is announcing a new associate curator for its film department.
- France, Netherlands join forces to buy Rembrandt portraits Updated: Sep-30-15 12:05 pm
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - The Dutch and French governments are joining forces to buy a pair of wedding portraits by Dutch master Rembrandt van Rijn from the Rothschild family, and will shuttle them between Amsterdam's Rijksmuseum and the Louvre in Paris.
- Detroit museum opening revamped Ancient Middle East gallery Updated: Sep-30-15 7:51 am
DETROIT - The Detroit Institute of Arts is reopening its revamped Ancient Middle East gallery, which includes art from the ancient empires of Assyria, Babylonia Persia and others.
- German appointed director of British Museum Updated: Sep-29-15 7:23 am
LONDON - The British Museum has announced that the director of the Dresden State Art Collection will become the new director of the London institution.
- $3.5M garden opens outside Wichita Art Museum Updated: Sep-28-15 5:43 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A $3.5 million art garden has opened outside the Wichita Art Museum after about three years of planning and installation.
- Ohio museum returning possibly stolen artworks to India Updated: Sep-28-15 10:14 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - Four rare artworks believed to have been stolen are being returned to India by an Ohio art museum.
- Van Gogh, Whistler shows set record at Clark Art Institute Updated: Sep-23-15 9:27 am
WILLIAMSTOWN, Massachusetts - The Clark Art Institute has something to whistle about.
- Former Detroit museum chief to work at Michigan State Univ. Updated: Sep-18-15 4:33 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - The former director of the Detroit Institute of Arts is going green.
- Titans owner Adams left Indianapolis museum art collection Updated: Sep-17-15 6:51 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art has announced former Tennessee Titans owner Bud Adams left it a multimillion-dollar collection of paintings and Native American artifacts in his will.
- Works from Islamic art collection to go on display in Dallas Updated: Sep-17-15 3:59 pm
DALLAS - A new show at the Dallas Museum of Art features works from a rarely exhibited private collection of Islamic art.
- The Broad, LA's latest museum, remakes the city's art scene Updated: Sep-16-15 5:00 pm
LOS ANGELES - When he arrived in Los Angeles more than 50 years ago, Eli Broad once said, he found himself in a city without a cultural center. So the billionaire arts patron decided to build one.
- Detroit Institute of Arts names Salort-Pons as next director Updated: Sep-16-15 12:38 pm
DETROIT - Salvador Salort-Pons, the Detroit Institute of Arts' executive director of collection strategies and information who has played a key role in the museum's strategic planning process, was appointed Wednesday as the institution's director.
- Detroit Institute of Arts names Salort-Pons as next director Updated: Sep-16-15 11:40 am
DETROIT - The Detroit Institute of Arts' board has named the museum's executive director of collection strategies and information as its new director.
- In new project, INL mixes art and science Updated: Sep-13-15 2:55 pm
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - Scientific research into nuclear fuel becomes art in a new exhibit launching later this month at the Art Museum of Eastern Idaho.
- Famed Spanish art collection comes to Dallas' Meadows Museum Updated: Sep-10-15 12:48 pm
DALLAS - An exhibit of works from one of Europe's oldest and most significant private art collections will help a Dallas museum mark its 50th anniversary.