- Earliest known cello from SD museum on display at the Met Updated: Jun-21-15 9:14 am
VERMILLION, South Dakota - A South Dakota museum that owns the earliest known cello has lent the unique piece to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York.
- Bryan Museum opens in Galveston, features American West Updated: Jun-19-15 5:03 pm
GALVESTON, Texas - J.P. Bryan didn't start out to make a museum.
- Chicago's Greek museum to host Anthony Quinn art exhibit Updated: Jun-19-15 6:34 am
CHICAGO - An exhibition of art by late actor Anthony Quinn is opening at the National Hellenic Museum in Chicago.
- Louisiana's state art collection to be housed in Alexandria Updated: Jun-17-15 4:12 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's state art collection will be housed in Alexandria.
- Exhibition on Impressionism is opening in Philadelphia Updated: Jun-16-15 3:26 pm
PHILADELPHIA - An exhibition is opening at the Philadelphia Museum of Art that traces the development of Impressionism and highlights the role a Parisian art dealer played in its success.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art plans Irving Penn retrospective Updated: Jun-12-15 12:52 pm
NEW YORK - The Metropolitan Museum of Art has announced plans for a major retrospective of Irving Penn's photographs.
- Earliest known cello going on view at the Met Updated: Jun-10-15 7:43 am
NEW YORK - The earliest known cello dating to the mid-16th century is going on view at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York.
- CSI Rembrandt: Museum sleuths show painting is a Rembrandt Updated: Jun-09-15 9:09 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - After a CSI-style investigation and restoration spanning eight years, the Mauritshuis museum in The Hague has declared that one of its star paintings really is by Dutch master Rembrandt van Rijn.
- Russell Museum announces art acquisition Updated: Jun-07-15 3:54 pm
GREAT FALLS, Montana - The C.M. Russell Museum in Great Falls has acquired two new Russell watercolors.
- Bighorn Museum displays heart of the West Updated: Jun-05-15 1:06 pm
BIGHORN, Wyoming - A meandering, bubbling creek flows through tall grasses and weaves between the trunks of massive cottonwood trees. Flowers bloom on the hillsides, and snow sometimes dusts the nearby Bighorn Mountains, even in summer.
- MoMA acquires works of German photographer August Sander Updated: Jun-05-15 11:58 am
NEW YORK - New York's Museum of Modern Art has obtained a complete set of August Sander's photographic series "People of the Twentieth Century."
- Traverse City museum exhibit highlights skateboard art Updated: Jun-05-15 5:56 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Aaron James Draplin still remembers how other kids made fun of him and his skateboarding buddies. Now he's having the last laugh.
- Wichita Art Museum spends $3M for outdoor sculpture garden Updated: Jun-05-15 5:07 am
WICHITA, Kansas - The Wichita Art Museum is spending $3 million to add new gardens, pathways and an amphitheater to its outdoor sculpture display.
- New York City museum abandons expansion plan amid opposition Updated: Jun-04-15 7:22 pm
NEW YORK - The Frick Collection museum on Thursday abandoned plans for an expansion that would have replaced its beloved viewing garden and reception pavilion with a six-story addition.