- Miami hosts 'Caribbean: Crossroads of the World' Updated: Apr-18-14 6:11 am
- Phoenix Art Museum director to retire Updated: Apr-18-14 6:02 am
- Del. museum: Art vandalized with stickers Updated: Apr-17-14 8:25 am
- Matisse's colorful cutouts go on show in London Updated: Apr-14-14 10:44 am
- Handwritten Bible finds home in Phoenix Updated: Apr-13-14 9:02 am
- Del. museum's Winslow Homer painting may be sold Updated: Apr-12-14 1:41 pm
- 5 opulent homes on Kiawah Island open to public Updated: Apr-11-14 4:04 am
- Knoxville Museum of Art to display large sculpture Updated: Apr-08-14 4:07 am
- Milwaukee Art Museum plans major building project Updated: Apr-07-14 5:53 pm
- American art to flood US billboards this summer Updated: Apr-07-14 9:47 am
- 'Mural' restoration prompts wearable works of art Updated: Apr-05-14 12:14 pm
- Dallas museum exhibits Islamic art, objects Updated: Apr-01-14 1:14 pm
- $1.5M gift to establish, endow curatorial position Updated: Mar-31-14 11:23 am
- Pence to give 'Love' sculpture replica to Cologne Updated: Mar-31-14 6:31 am
- Woman donates mother's artworks to WVU museum Updated: Mar-31-14 2:06 am
- Animal mummies displayed at California museum Updated: Mar-30-14 3:58 pm
- Long-lost Renoir piece returns to Baltimore museum Updated: Mar-27-14 4:50 pm
- Delaware Art Museum to sell works to repay debt Updated: Mar-26-14 3:15 pm
- Dallas museum takes art to the blind, and beyond Updated: Mar-26-14 1:35 pm
- EXCHANGE: NIU art graduates seek many career paths Updated: Mar-25-14 6:37 am
- Norwegian museum agrees to return looted Matisse Updated: Mar-21-14 8:40 am
- Milwaukee Art Museum hosts "Art in Bloom" Updated: Mar-21-14 6:14 am
- Disputed art to remain at Berlin museum Updated: Mar-20-14 9:13 am
MIAMI - A survey of Caribbean art and history that debuted at three New York City museums two years ago has made its way to its perhaps more natural home in Miami.
PHOENIX - The longtime director of the Phoenix Art Museum is retiring after more than 30 years at the helm.
WILMINGTON, Delaware - The Delaware Museum of Art says a group of visitors recently vandalized paintings and a statue with stickers.
LONDON - A huge new Henri Matisse show in London is many things - bold, colorful, exuberant. It's also a great advertisement for the creativity of old age.
PHOENIX - Scribes with quills in hand were once the conduits of history, connecting ink to vellum, painstakingly preserving the records of the world.
WILMINGTON, Delaware - One of the Delaware Art Museum's most treasured works has been taken off the museum's collections database as the museum prepares to sell artworks to repay debt and replenish its endowment.
KIAWAH ISLAND, South Carolina - Five opulent homes on Kiawah Island southwest of Charleston are being opened to the public as part of the annual Kiawah Island Art and House Tour.
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - The Knoxville Museum of Art will debut a massive sculpture designed for the facility's Great Hall by artist Richard Jolley of Knoxville.
MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee Art Museum plans to renovate two buildings and expand 17,000 square feet.
WASHINGTON - Five museums say they are organizing the largest outdoor art show to showcase American art nationwide this summer.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - When Christiana Byrne began designing a wearable work of art inspired by Jackson Pollock's epic painting "Mural," she considered the life of the reclusive artist.
DALLAS - A new exhibit in Dallas showcases 150 rare Islamic works of art and scientific objects that explore the use and meaning of light.
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A $1.5 million gift is being used to establish and endow a new curatorial position in African art at the University of Michigan Museum of Art.
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Gov. Mike Pence will give a replica of the iconic "Love" sculpture to a museum in Indianapolis' sister city of Cologne, Germany.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The West Virginia University Art Museum has received 49 artworks by West Virginia artist Grace Martin Taylor.
SANTA ANA, California - Dogs and cats are often beloved family members in current culture, but animals held such a prominent place in ancient Egyptian society that tens of millions were mummified, some going into the pharaohs' tombs to rest eternally in the company of their kings.
BALTIMORE - A tiny Renoir painting has returned home to a gallery in the Baltimore Museum of Art nearly 63 years after it was stolen and then kept mysteriously hidden for decades until it resurfaced in 2012.
WILMINGTON, Delaware - The Delaware Art Museum says it will sell a few pieces of art to raise money to repay its bond debt and replenish its endowment.
DALLAS - With their galleries full of paintings and sculptures, museums are a treat for the eyes. So after suffering optic nerve damage, Bobby Jackson of Fort Worth wasn't sure he'd ever visit one again.
DEKALB, Illinois - It's easy to spot Northern Illinois University graduate Miranda Munns on the road.
AMSTERDAM - A Norwegian museum says it has agreed to return a Matisse once looted by Hermann Goering to the family of Jewish art dealer Paul Rosenberg.
MILWAUKEE - Forty gardening, floral arranging, and landscape designers from across the region are using flowers to interpret masterpieces on display at the Milwaukee Art Museum.
BERLIN - A medieval treasure trove at the center of a long-running ownership dispute should stay with a Berlin museum and not be given to the heirs of Nazi-era Jewish art dealers, a panel set up by the German government said Thursday.