- Columbus police shoot suspect, 17, after chase Updated: Dec-08-13 4:37 pm
- NJ Latino rights group seeks answers on shooting Updated: Dec-08-13 3:19 pm
- Ex-officer to plead guilty in JPD bribery case Updated: Dec-08-13 2:20 pm
- Conn. suspect in 3 deaths lets baby go, kills self Updated: Dec-08-13 12:11 pm
- More than 70 vying for Rio Rancho police chief job Updated: Dec-08-13 5:05 am
- Police: Man in Santa suit struck on I-95 in Philly Updated: Dec-08-13 12:56 am
- 9 Utah peace officers disciplined Updated: Dec-07-13 5:55 pm
- Bratton pledges 'respectful' NY police behavior Updated: Dec-07-13 5:21 pm
- Boston police officer wounded, suspect dead Updated: Dec-07-13 3:40 pm
- DA: Officer justified in shooting man with knife Updated: Dec-07-13 1:07 pm
- Livingston sheriff complains of jail overcrowding Updated: Dec-07-13 12:56 pm
- Phoenix police: Officer shoots man with hatchet Updated: Dec-07-13 12:14 pm
- Fort Worth police kill dog attacking man Updated: Dec-07-13 11:50 am
- Pickens County sheriff won't honor Mandela Updated: Dec-07-13 11:28 am
- 10 apply for police chief in Philadelphia Updated: Dec-07-13 10:06 am
- Cops: NH teen missing 2 months wrote letter to mom Updated: Dec-07-13 9:14 am
- Border Patrol seizes marijuana, arrests 4 suspects Updated: Dec-07-13 9:05 am
- Cumberland County sheriff leads Christmas shopping Updated: Dec-07-13 4:05 am
- Workers charged with stealing wire from FBI site Updated: Dec-07-13 3:05 am
- News briefs from around Tennessee at 1:58 a.m. EST Updated: Dec-07-13 3:02 am
- State police: details of police shooting on I-5 Updated: Dec-07-13 2:50 am
- Police shoot, hurt unarmed man in LA suburb Updated: Dec-07-13 12:08 am
- Police: Mass. man had sex with NH girl, 15 Updated: Dec-06-13 9:37 pm
- Judge rules mental health audit will remain secret Updated: Dec-06-13 9:25 pm
- FBI steps up training after Newtown massacre Updated: Dec-06-13 7:38 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Columbus police say officers have shot a teenage suspect after a protracted chase.
PERTH AMBOY, New Jersey - A New Jersey Latino-rights organization is calling for an investigation into a recent incident in which a man was shot and killed by police after he allegedly attacked an officer with a knife.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A former Jackson Police Department narcotics officer has filed a notice that he intends to plead guilty in a federal bribery case.
MANCHESTER, Connecticut - A man suspected of killing three women in an apartment complex shot himself to death in front of police officers after letting a 13-month-old child go free, authorities said Sunday.
RIO RANCHO, New Mexico - More than 70 people have applied to be the next police chief of Rio Rancho.
PHILADELPHIA - Police say a man in a Santa suit is hospitalized after being struck by a vehicle on Interstate 95 in Philadelphia.
SANDY, Utah - Three Utah Department of Corrections officers have received one-year suspensions for stealing liquor at a Park City party where they were assigned to provide security.
NEW YORK - The soon-to-be head of the nation's largest police force on Saturday promised minority New Yorkers that he would respect their civil rights amid concern over how the department will use the controversial stop-and-frisk tactic in the new administration.
BOSTON - One man is dead and a Boston police officer is nursing a gunshot wound after exchanging gunfire in the city's Dorchester neighborhood.
DENVER - The Adams County District Attorney's Office says a Northglenn police officer was justified when he shot a man who lunged at him with a knife.
HOWELL, Michigan - Overcrowding has become such a problem at the Livingston County Jail that recently some female inmates were forced to sleep on the floor of a small intake cell, according to Sheriff Bob Bezotte.
PHOENIX - Phoenix police says an officer has shot and killed a hatchet-wielding man at an apartment complex.
FORT WORTH, Texas - Fort Worth police say they've shot and killed a dog that was attacking a man.
PICKENS, South Carolina - Pickens County Sheriff Rick Clark said he won't lower the flag outside his sheriff's office to half-staff to honor Nelson Mandela because the South African civil rights leader was not a United States citizen.
PHILADELPHIA, Mississippi - Philadelphia Mayor James A. Young hopes to have a new police chief in place before the new year.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A teenager who disappeared nearly two months ago mailed her mother a letter several weeks after she was last seen, law enforcement officials said Friday.
PHOENIX - Authorities say four men have been arrested and 152 pounds of marijuana seized by Border Patrol agents in the mountains south of Yuma.
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Cumberland County Sheriff Earl "Moose" Butler is leading his deputies and some volunteers for a shopping trip designed to give a little Christmas joy for those less fortunate.
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Workers at a construction site for the new FBI headquarters in South Florida have been charged with stealing thousands of dollars in copper wire.
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Face-stinging sleet fell Friday in Memphis and surrounding areas, leading to potentially hazardous road conditions and warnings of power outages caused by ice accumulation on electrical lines and trees.
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon State Police say a Salem police detective traveling on Interstate 5 shot and wounded a pickup truck driver after that man armed himself with a gun and confronted the detective.
EL MONTE, California - Authorities say police in the Los Angeles suburb of El Monte shot and wounded a man who they believed had a gun but turned out to be unarmed.
NASHUA, New Hampshire - Police say a Massachusetts man is in custody after having sex with an underage New Hampshire girl.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A judge has ruled that government agencies don't have to disclose an audit of more than a dozen mental health providers under investigation for possible overbillings and fraud, because the audit contains law enforcement materials that are confidential.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - FBI Director James Comey said Friday the agency has stepped up training for police departments around the country after the Newtown school shooting and is trying to increase its understanding of warning signs before such tragedies.