- New details disclosed in deadly Ruidoso police shooting Updated: May-24-15 5:02 am
RUIDOSO, New Mexico - New Mexico State Police are disclosing new details in last week's fatal shooting of a man by Ruidoso police.
- At least 10 Afghan police officers killed in Taliban assault Updated: May-24-15 2:07 am
KANDAHAR, Afghanistan - Taliban insurgents attacked police checkpoints Sunday in volatile southern Afghanistan, killing at least 10 officers in the ongoing assault, authorities said.
- The Latest in Cleveland: Few arrested after police verdict Updated: May-23-15 8:53 pm
- Benfica celebrates title with sons of fan beaten by police Updated: May-23-15 6:06 pm
LISBON, Portugal - The two young sons of a Benfica fan who was beaten by a police officer helped the team celebrate its recently won Portuguese league title on Saturday.
- Former Carbon County sheriff pleads guilty to felony Updated: May-23-15 5:56 pm
PRICE, Utah - Former Carbon County Sheriff James Cordova has pleaded guilty to using a county vehicle, trailer and credit card to move to his new home in Washington County.
- Missouri suspect in killing of woman, teen son is dead Updated: May-23-15 5:34 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A man accused of holding his former girlfriend captive in a crate at their home in western Missouri then fatally shooting her and her teenage son, was shot and killed Saturday, authorities said.
- Newport News police subdue suspect after officer assaulted Updated: May-23-15 4:40 pm
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - Police in Newport News say they used a Taser to subdue a man accused of stealing a truck and trying to choke an officer.
- Norfolk to talk to Portsmouth deputies slated to lose jobs Updated: May-23-15 2:26 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - The Norfolk Sheriff's Office wants to meet with deputies in nearby Portsmouth who are being laid off.
- Provo police chief calls for expanded Medicaid to help crime Updated: May-23-15 1:24 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah police chief is calling on state lawmakers to accept federal funding to expand Medicaid as a way to fight crime.
- Parents say teen shot by police suffered from mental illness Updated: May-23-15 12:02 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - A Tampa Bay-area teenager who shot a police officer in the leg before police fatally shot him suffered from mental illness but never received a specific diagnosis, his parents said.
- Village police department forms mental health crisis team Updated: May-23-15 4:05 am
ORLAND PARK, Illinois - The Orland Park Police Department outside Chicago has established a crisis intervention team to help people suffering from severe mental illness and keep them out of jail.
- Police release surveillance video in shooting investigation Updated: May-22-15 9:43 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Law enforcement officials on Friday released surveillance video from a grocery store that is part of an investigation of an officer-involved shooting that wounded two men who were suspected of trying to steal beer.
- The Latest on Waco shooting: Biker group gets proclamation Updated: May-22-15 9:11 pm
5:15 p.m. CDT
- Police shoot man, say he tried to run over officer Updated: May-22-15 8:53 pm
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - A suspected car thief led Scottsdale police on a hit-and-run spree and then a foot chase before shot and apprehended in a Mesa backyard, authorities said Friday.
- Historic house to be moved in Stamford police station plan Updated: May-22-15 8:03 pm
STAMFORD, Connecticut - Stamford officials have agreed to spend up to $1 million to relocate a historic house to make way for a new city police department.
- Arizona sheriff seeks to remove judge from profiling case Updated: May-22-15 7:08 pm
PHOENIX - An embattled Arizona sheriff has asked a federal judge to disqualify himself from a racial profiling case, saying questions during a recent hearing have created the appearance of judicial bias.
- Rutland police part of nationwide transparency initiative Updated: May-22-15 6:09 pm
RUTLAND, Vermont - The Rutland City Police Department has joined 20 other police forces from around the country in a White House initiative to improve local policing and build community trust.
- El Paso police shoot, kill man who confronted them with gun Updated: May-22-15 5:46 pm
EL PASO, Texas - El Paso police say two officers fatally shot an armed 22-year-old man after he attempted to get inside a children's day care center.
- TBI arrests more than dozen in human trafficking operation Updated: May-22-15 5:39 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation says it placed fake ads for prostitutes and arrested about a dozen people this week as part of an operation to better understand human trafficking in the state.
- Woman who was shot by Campbell County deputies is identified Updated: May-22-15 3:15 pm
GILLETTE, Wyoming - A woman who was fatally shot by Campbell County Sheriff's deputies has been identified as 39-year-old Nikki Jo Burtsfield, of Gillette.
- Police: Trooper killed burglar who pointed BB gun at him Updated: May-22-15 2:14 pm
SOMERSET, Pennsylvania - A state trooper investigating a burglary at a western Pennsylvania grocery store Friday fatally shot the suspect when he pointed what turned out to be a BB gun at him, police said.
- Details emerge in undercover Albuquerque officer shooting Updated: May-22-15 1:23 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - An Albuquerque undercover officer was shot multiple times at point blank range by his supervisor in January, the officer's attorney says in a claim against the city.
- Demilitarizing the cops: States retool police training Updated: May-22-15 11:35 am
BURIEN, Washington - When prosecutor Dan Satterberg used to visit Washington state's police academy, the seas would part before him. Recruits would snap to attention, backs to the walls, and allow him to pass.
- Lewiston police officials hope to hire Somali officers Updated: May-22-15 11:02 am
LEWISTON, Maine - Police leaders in southern Maine are talking with members of the city's large Somali population about future openings in law enforcement.
- Investigation complete in fatal deputy-involved shooting Updated: May-22-15 10:38 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The Missouri State Highway Patrol has completed its investigation into a Boone County sheriff deputy's fatal shooting of a man in February.