- N. Idaho sheriff's office drops Boy Scouts charter Updated: Mar-09-14 5:10 pm
- Barbour County Dems select 3 sheriff candidates Updated: Mar-09-14 2:52 pm
- Police say man killed when car hits utility pole Updated: Mar-09-14 1:05 pm
- Cops: man with pellet gun shot by Hingham officer Updated: Mar-09-14 12:28 pm
- Lincoln police pleased with two-officer teams Updated: Mar-09-14 12:08 pm
- State oversight may tame California pot shops Updated: Mar-09-14 11:47 am
- Alexander City man fatally shot by police Updated: Mar-09-14 11:25 am
- Critics: Sheriff needs at least $10M more a year Updated: Mar-08-14 8:41 pm
- Salt Lake City deputy chief accused of harassment Updated: Mar-08-14 7:05 pm
- Ex-police detectives convicted in corruption case Updated: Mar-08-14 2:43 pm
- Scranton's downtown mall headed to sheriff's sale Updated: Mar-08-14 2:41 pm
- Rehired Simpsonville police chief wants back pay Updated: Mar-08-14 2:34 pm
- International group honors BIA's police chief Updated: Mar-08-14 12:29 pm
- Pinal County panel exonerates fired deputy Updated: Mar-08-14 12:14 pm
- Va. council member sued for social media post Updated: Mar-08-14 11:28 am
- CCSU sets to swear in new police chief Updated: Mar-08-14 10:50 am
- Torrance County sheriff wins award from colleagues Updated: Mar-08-14 5:05 am
- Medford, Ore.: IDs on 2 wounded in shooting Updated: Mar-08-14 2:02 am
- Los Angeles officer killed in crash with big rig Updated: Mar-08-14 1:07 am
- Border Patrol releases use-of-force guidelines Updated: Mar-07-14 8:18 pm
- Los Alamos lab deputy director resigns Updated: Mar-07-14 7:32 pm
- Sheriff probing man's death at Nye County dairy Updated: Mar-07-14 7:19 pm
- Officer responding to 911 call charged with rape Updated: Mar-07-14 6:31 pm
- Ravalli County deputy kills man Updated: Mar-07-14 5:49 pm
- FBI marks anniversary of ex-agent's disappearance Updated: Mar-07-14 5:35 pm
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - A charter the Kootenai County Sheriff's Office in northern Idaho had with Boy Scout troop 911 has expired following the Boy Scouts of America opening its ranks to gay scouts.
PHILIPPI, West Virginia - The Barbour County Democratic Executive Committee has selected three candidates to replace former Sheriff John Hawkins, who resigned after pleading guilty to a fraud charge.
MARKLEYSBURG, Pennsylvania - A western Pennsylvania man was killed when his car struck a utility pole.
HINGHAM, Massachusetts - A prosecutor says a Hingham police officer shot a man who pointed what looked like a real handgun at him, but the weapon turned out to be a pellet gun.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Chad Staley flips a U-turn on 21st Street to check out the license plate on a pickup when something else catches his eye: A red Acura Legend blows a stop sign right in front of him.
SAN FRANCISCO - Law and order may soon be coming to the Wild West of weed.
ALEXANDER CITY, Alabama - Alexander City Police and the Alabama Bureau of Investigation are probing a fatal police-involved shooting.
NEW ORLEANS - Orleans Parish Prison is still dangerously understaffed and the sheriff's office needs at least $10 million more to meet requirements of a court settlement, inmates and the U.S. Justice Department say in court papers.
SALT LAKE CITY - Salt Lake City Police Chief Chris Burbank has confirmed that a deputy chief has been on paid administrative leave since November for allegedly violating the city's harassment policy.
DETROIT - Two former Romulus police detectives have been convicted in a scheme to pay for prostitutes and marijuana with money seized from drug dealers.
SCRANTON, Pennsylvania - Scranton's troubled downtown shopping mall could be sold at sheriff's sale within three months.
SIMPSONVILLE, South Carolina - The police chief reinstated to his job by the Simpsonville City Council wants more than $100,000 in back pay and a seven-year contract.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The police chief of the Bureau of Indian Affairs on the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation has been named the 2013 Indian Country Officer of Year by the International Association of Chiefs of Police.
FLORENCE, Arizona - A Pinal County panel has ruled a fired deputy should get his job back and that the grounds for his initial dismissal weren't justified.
COLONIAL HEIGHTS, Virginia - A former candidate for Hopewell sheriff has filed a lawsuit against a member of the City Council, claiming she defamed her when she linked her to a hate group.
NEW BRITAIN, Connecticut - Central Connecticut State University is preparing to swear in a new police chief.
ESTANCIA, New Mexico - Torrance County Sheriff Heath White has won top honors from his fellow western state sheriffs.
MEDFORD, Oregon - Police in the southern Oregon city of Medford say a man and a woman shot and wounded by law enforcement officers after a pursuit are both wanted in eastern Idaho.
BEVERLY HILLS, California - A veteran Los Angeles police officer was killed and his rookie partner was critically injured Friday when their patrol car collided with a big rig on a residential street. The truck driver also was injured.
PHOENIX - The federal government on Friday released the U.S. Border Patrol's use-of-force policies while the agency's chief issued a directive that reiterates how personnel should respond to threats amid mounting criticism of excessive force and lack of transparency.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Los Alamos National Laboratory Deputy Director Beth Sellers says she is resigning because of potential conflict of interest issues involving a family member's lab consulting work.
LAS VEGAS - Nye County sheriff's officials are investigating the death of a 25-year-old man at a dairy in rural Amargosa Valley.
DETROIT - A Detroit police officer is accused of raping a woman who had called 911 to report being assaulted by her boyfriend.
HAMILTON, Montana - A Ravalli County sheriff's deputy shot and killed a man at a residence southeast of Hamilton after the man, apparently distraught over problems he was having with his girlfriend, pointed a weapon at the officer, the state Department of Justice said.
WASHINGTON - The family of a former FBI agent who went missing from the Iranian resort of Kish Island is renewing its plea for his release on the seventh anniversary of his disappearance.