- Wintry storm brings power outages to Arkansas Updated: Dec-06-13 8:53 am
- Ga. Power crews head to Ark. for storm help Updated: Dec-06-13 8:46 am
- 2nd storm-related death reported in Oklahoma Updated: Dec-06-13 8:44 am
- Delta, DeSoto areas brace for freezing conditions Updated: Dec-06-13 8:35 am
- Mississippi, Tennessee brace for winter storm Updated: Dec-06-13 8:35 am
- Texas ice storm cuts power to more than 240K Updated: Dec-06-13 8:31 am
- American, Eagle cancel 900 flights in Texas storm Updated: Dec-06-13 8:22 am
- Difficult driving on some New Mexico highways Updated: Dec-06-13 8:19 am
- More than 37,000 without power in Arkansas Updated: Dec-06-13 8:17 am
- Underground fire means power outages in Dallas Updated: Dec-06-13 7:35 am
- 'Ice Friday' bears down on Texas, much of Midwest Updated: Dec-06-13 7:23 am
- Wintry weather possible in NJ on Sunday Updated: Dec-06-13 7:02 am
- Dangerous travel warning in Oklahoma after storm Updated: Dec-06-13 6:47 am
- Storm closes Ohio schools, makes roads hazardous Updated: Dec-06-13 6:46 am
- Ind. snowfall causes dozens of school closings Updated: Dec-06-13 6:41 am
- Snowfall snarls travel in central, southern Ind. Updated: Dec-06-13 6:05 am
- Weather takes a 180: cold, snow, rain, sleet Updated: Dec-06-13 4:05 am
- Mid-South braces for ice storm Updated: Dec-06-13 4:04 am
- Highway officials urge Ark. motorists to stay home Updated: Dec-06-13 3:11 am
- On the Plains, some embrace cold weather's touch Updated: Dec-06-13 2:13 am
- Storm brings Illinois icy roads, school closings Updated: Dec-05-13 9:47 pm
- Frigid temps coming to north-central Wisconsin Updated: Dec-05-13 7:40 pm
- About 850 power outages in Fort Smith, Alma area Updated: Dec-05-13 7:32 pm
- Winter weather prompts Friday class cancellations Updated: Dec-05-13 7:29 pm
- Emergency center opened to deal with Okla. storm Updated: Dec-05-13 7:29 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Wintry weather shut down most schools and businesses in Arkansas on Friday over fears of icy roads and prolonged power outages.
ATLANTA - About 400 Georgia Power employees are heading to Arkansas to help crews in the aftermath of a winter storm there that has prompted schools, businesses and government agencies to close on Friday.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Police say the winter storm moving through much of Oklahoma has claimed its second victim.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Freezing rain is moving into areas of north Mississippi on Friday and state officials were warning motorists to watch for icy roads and bridges.
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Emergency crews were at the ready Friday and residents have been stocking up on groceries, buying electricity generators and gassing up their cars in advance of a winter storm that forecasters predict will bring freezing rain and ice into northern Mississippi and West Tennessee.
DALLAS - An ice storm in North Texas has knocked out power to nearly a quarter of a million homes and business, canceled almost 1,000 flights and contributed to a fatal wreck.
DALLAS - American Airlines and American Eagle have canceled about 900 flights as a North Texas ice storm affects travel systemwide.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Winter weather continues to produce difficult driving conditions on New Mexico highways and delays affecting public services.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - More than 37,000 homes and businesses are without electricity as a wintry storm hits the state.
DALLAS - A fire in an underground electric vault in downtown Dallas during an ice storm has forced electricity to be cut to a five-block area, including City Hall, during repairs.
DALLAS - As Texas residents prepared for what one hardware store manager called "Ice Friday," schools started canceling classes and thousands of shoppers jammed store aisles to buy milk, pet food and other supplies.
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jerseyans could face slippery conditions on the state's highways over the weekend.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma officials say roads in much of the state are reported to be slick and hazardous following winter storms across Oklahoma.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Wintry weather that blasted into Ohio overnight is closing dozens of schools and making driving conditions treacherous for the morning rush hour.
INDIANAPOLIS - The overnight snowfall across central and southern Indiana has caused dozens of school districts to close for the day or delay the start of classes.
INDIANAPOLIS - Several inches of snow in central and southern Indiana has made driving treacherous on many roads, with two deaths reported from crashes since the storm's arrival.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky residents have said goodbye to temperatures in the 70s for the time being and are gritting their teeth as forecasts fill with sleet, snow and plummeting thermometer readings.
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Emergency crews are at the ready and residents in Arkansas, Mississippi and Tennessee are bracing for a winter storm forecast to bring freezing rain and ice to the region.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Weather forecasters and highway officials have the same message for Arkansas motorists - stay home if at all possible.
Winter's first real foray into the Plains this year is bringing temperatures that can feel like a fist in the face, but not everyone sweats the cold - or the snow that comes with it. Here are a few of their stories:
CARBONDALE, Illinois - The ice storm that has been blowing through southern Illinois has caused numerous traffic accidents and caused such treacherous conditions that scores of schools and other facilities in the region say they will be closed on Friday.
MILWAUKEE - A winter storm that dumped 17 inches of snow in parts of northwestern Wisconsin is being followed by a cold snap that could send temperatures plunging as low as minus 25 degrees - a concern to those working outside but welcome news to some outdoor enthusiasts.
FORT SMITH, Arkansas - Oklahoma Gas and Electric reports about 850 power outages in the Fort Smith and Alma area in western Arkansas following a winter storm that moved through the area.
DALLAS - With North Texas expecting the worst of a winter storm, school districts wasted no time in cancelling Friday classes across the region.
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma State Emergency Operations Center has been activated due to a winter storm that has crossed the state and left at least three dozen people injured and another storm that was headed toward Oklahoma.