- Wyoming snowpack still below average after January storms Updated: Feb-09-16 12:38 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Mountain snowpack in Wyoming remains below average midway through winter.
- Obama declares 25 Texas counties federal disaster areas Updated: Feb-09-16 11:56 am
AUSTIN, Texas - More than two dozen Texas counties are now eligible for federal help following deadly end-of-December blizzards and tornadoes.
- Some schools closing early as snow falls in north Georgia Updated: Feb-09-16 11:52 am
ATLANTA - Some schools in the north Georgia mountains were closing early as snow fell in the region.
- New England digs out from latest storm; snow in Mid-Atlantic Updated: Feb-09-16 11:21 am
BOSTON - A wind-driven winter storm that brought blizzard conditions to Cape Cod fell short of forecast snowfall totals and spared the Northeast the widespread power outages that had been predicted.
- 7 in critical condition after casino bus crash in snowstorm Updated: Feb-09-16 11:11 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Seven people remain in critical condition following a charter bus crash that injured three dozen during Monday's snowstorm on Interstate 95 in Connecticut.
- Snow leads to hazardous road conditions in parts of Michigan Updated: Feb-09-16 11:06 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Snow is leading to hazardous road conditions in parts of Michigan, with crashes reported in the Ann Arbor, Flint and Saginaw areas as well as southwestern Michigan.
- The Latest: Areas of Cape Cod hit hardest by latest storm Updated: Feb-09-16 10:40 am
BOSTON - The Latest on the cleanup of the storm that brought blizzard conditions to Cape Cod and was forecast to dump more snow on the Mid-Atlantic states (all times local):
- Interstate 35 reopened in northern Iowa, state officials say Updated: Feb-09-16 8:48 am
MASON CITY, Iowa - Iowa authorities say Interstate 35 has been reopened in both directions between Ames and Clear Lake, a stretch of more than 80 miles.
- North Alabama receives dusting of snow Updated: Feb-09-16 8:37 am
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - Parts of north Alabama are receiving a dusting of snow as a winter weather system moves through the state.
- Mid-Atlantic wakes up to wintry mix Updated: Feb-09-16 8:11 am
WASHINGTON - The mid-Atlantic region is waking up to a mix of rain and snow.
- Melting ice, snow prompt temporary snowmobile trail closure Updated: Feb-09-16 7:34 am
PARADISE, Michigan - Officials have temporarily closed a 2 ½-mile segment of a popular snowmobile trail in Michigan's Upper Peninsula because of flooding caused by melting ice and snow.
- Police: 80 crashes reported across southern New England Updated: Feb-09-16 6:54 am
WARWICK, Rhode Island - Authorities say about 80 crashes were reported across southern New England as the snowstorm created difficult driving conditions on the roadways.
- Federal offices open despite wintry mix, option for telework Updated: Feb-09-16 6:39 am
WASHINGTON - The federal government is open as a wintry mix falls in the Washington region, but federal workers can take leave or telework.
- Slick driving conditions possible in parts of Pennsylvania Updated: Feb-09-16 5:58 am
PHILADELPHIA - Motorists are urged to use caution around Pennsylvania because snow could create slick driving conditions.
- Winter storm warning downgraded across New Jersey Updated: Feb-09-16 5:47 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Very little snow, if any, has fallen across New Jersey and the National Weather Service has downgraded a winter storm warning.
- Up to 10 inches of snow forecast in West Virginia Updated: Feb-09-16 4:05 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - It's time to get the snow shovels and salt trucks back out after a two-week reprieve in West Virginia.
- Cold blasts to affect the Carolinas during the coming week Updated: Feb-09-16 4:01 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Cold, windy winter weather is descending on the Carolinas.
- Roads reopen in SW Minnesota as blizzard subsides Updated: Feb-08-16 8:57 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Roads are reopening in southwestern Minnesota as strong winds gradually subside.
- Winter storm, coastal flood warnings issued for Delaware Updated: Feb-08-16 6:55 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Winter storm and coastal flood warnings have been issued for Delaware as severe weather bears down on the mid-Atlantic region.
- 2 inches of snow possible in Alabama's northeast corner Updated: Feb-08-16 6:18 pm
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - Forecasters say as much as 2 inches of snow could fall in northeastern Alabama as wintry weather moves across the state.
- Good Washington snowpack raises hopes of calmer fire season Updated: Feb-08-16 5:51 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - Mountain snowpack came in above normal in Washington state, raising hopes the normally soggy state will not repeat last year's drought conditions that helped fuel the worst wildfire season in its history, a federal agency said Monday.
- With snow in forecast, Metro limits bus service on Tuesday Updated: Feb-08-16 5:47 pm
WASHINGTON - With snow forecast to start falling overnight, Metro says it will limit bus service to a moderate snow plan.
- Official details storm's lasting effects on dairy industry Updated: Feb-08-16 2:18 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - It could take months to tally the true costs of a winter storm that killed an untold number of livestock and derailed New Mexico's dairy industry, the state's top agriculture official warned lawmakers Monday.
- Storm Imogen lashes Britain with wind, huge waves Updated: Feb-08-16 12:22 pm
LONDON - A winter storm with hurricane-force winds and huge waves battered Britain's coastline Monday, cutting power to thousands and disrupting travel across the country.
- More snow headed to western North Carolina Updated: Feb-08-16 9:57 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - More snow is probably headed to the mountains of western North Carolina this week.