- US job gain despite freeze raises economic hopes Updated: Mar-08-14 12:04 am
- Snow causes traffic delays, avalanche concern Updated: Mar-07-14 11:55 pm
- Iowa officials: Past winter 9th coldest on record Updated: Mar-07-14 7:20 pm
- Tax collection woes raise concern among leaders Updated: Mar-07-14 6:02 pm
- Snowpack still far below normal in Southern Oregon Updated: Mar-07-14 4:40 pm
- McCrory declares emergency in North Carolina Updated: Mar-07-14 4:27 pm
- Fallen trees force NC Zoo to close for weekend Updated: Mar-07-14 1:03 pm
- Blowing snow expected in parts of New Mexico Updated: Mar-07-14 8:22 am
- Winter weather advisory posted in SC mountains Updated: Mar-07-14 6:59 am
- Marquette County seeks state emergency declaration Updated: Mar-07-14 6:14 am
- Winter weather creating slick roads in western Va Updated: Mar-07-14 5:49 am
- Md. seeks to ease pain of winter heating bills Updated: Mar-07-14 3:49 am
- Triple A warns Va. motorists of potholes Updated: Mar-07-14 3:10 am
- Friday's Syracuse-NC State ACC game delayed 1 hour Updated: Mar-06-14 11:30 pm
- Hearing set on Arkansas response to winter storm Updated: Mar-06-14 1:37 pm
- More than 700 crews clean SC highways after storm Updated: Mar-06-14 11:07 am
- Bad weather hurts Fred's February sales results Updated: Mar-06-14 9:34 am
- Colder winter pushing up Ohio natural gas prices Updated: Mar-06-14 7:34 am
- Thick snow, ice on ponds may cause big fish kills Updated: Mar-06-14 6:53 am
- Snowstorm dampens Shenandoah National Park fire Updated: Mar-06-14 6:43 am
- DC issues more than 1,000 snow emergency tickets Updated: Mar-06-14 6:35 am
- Storm to bring heavy rain to Ga, snow in mountains Updated: Mar-06-14 6:31 am
- Snow, ice cover will boost Great Lakes levels Updated: Mar-05-14 11:11 pm
- SC Legislature approves bill forgiving snow days Updated: Mar-05-14 8:19 pm
- More than 10 inches of new snow in S Minn. Updated: Mar-05-14 6:31 pm
WASHINGTON - Job growth in the United States has proved surprisingly consistent.
DENVER - A storm dumped heavy snow in the Colorado mountains and foothills, hampering travel and raising avalanche concerns.
DES MOINES, Iowa - If you think this was a brutal winter, there's data to back it up: Iowa officials say it was the ninth coldest in the state since record-keeping began more than 140 years ago.
INDIANAPOLIS - A steady decline in tax collections is raising concerns among Indiana budget leaders about the overall fiscal health of the state.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - One pineapple express after another bringing warm rain across Oregon has helped boost reservoirs west of the Cascades and snowpacks in the northern mountains.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Gov. Pat McCrory has declared a state of emergency for North Carolina in the wake of a winter storm that's left hundreds of thousands without power.
ASHEBORO, North Carolina - Trees toppled by a winter storm and the threat of more frozen precipitation have forced the North Carolina Zoo to keep its doors closed through the weekend.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The National Weather Service says residents and travelers in New Mexico can expect accumulating and blowing snow in parts of the state Friday and into the weekend.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A bit more winter weather in South Carolina.
MARQUETTE, Michigan - Marquette County is seeking a state emergency declaration to help deal with problems from the harsh winter.
SALEM, Virginia - The Virginia Department of Transportation says a mix of snow, sleet and freezing rain is creating slick roads in part of western Virginia.
BALTIMORE - Maryland utility regulators say the high cost of heating homes and businesses during this long, cold winter may put more customers at risk of being shut off after March 31.
RICHMOND, Virginia - If potholes are any measure, it's been a hard winter in Virginia.
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Icy weather conditions in Greensboro have forced a one-hour delay for the start of Friday's quarterfinal game between No. 14 North Carolina State and Syracuse in the Atlantic Coast Conference tournament.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas legislators are set to discuss highway officials' response to a winter storm that left drivers stranded on icy Arkansas interstates earlier this week.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The massive job of cleaning South Carolina's roads following last month's winter storm continues with just over 700 crews working in 19 counties.
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Discount retailer Fred's Inc. said Thursday that February sales at stores open at least a year fell 2.2 percent, hindered by severe winter weather.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's largest natural gas utility is blaming the colder-than-normal winter for higher bills about to be paid by residential customers on budget payment plans.
INDIANAPOLIS - This winter's frigid weather could cause an unusual number of fish kills, particularly in northern Indiana.
CRIMORA, Virginia - Firefighters battling a wildfire in Shenandoah National Park have gotten some help from Mother Nature.
WASHINGTON - The District of Columbia issued more than 1,000 tickets during this week's snow emergency.
ATLANTA - Forecasters say snow is possible in parts of the north Georgia mountains, with widespread heavy rain expected across other parts of the state.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Water levels in the Great Lakes are expected to continue a steady recovery this year, courtesy of widespread ice cover that is slowing evaporation and snowfall that has approached record amounts in some cities, federal experts said Wednesday.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Legislation allowing South Carolina school boards to forgive up to five days of classes missed during recent snow and ice storms is heading to Gov. Nikki Haley's desk.
CHANHASSEN, Minnesota - After a brutal winter, Minnesota may be starting to climb out of the deep freeze.