- Storm lingering in southern Plains; more flooding possible Updated: Nov-29-15 2:59 pm
DALLAS - A deadly storm that has caused flooding and coated parts of the southern Plains in ice during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend dumped more rain on already swollen rivers in parts of North Texas and Arkansas on Sunday and made driving dangerous in parts of Oklahoma.
- Large part of southern Minnesota is in for some heavy snow Updated: Nov-29-15 11:40 am
CHANHASSEN, Minnesota - The National Weather Service says a large part of southern Minnesota including the Twin Cities is in for some heavy snow from Monday morning through Tuesday afternoon.
- More than 78,000 remain without power after Oklahoma storm Updated: Nov-29-15 11:28 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - More than 78,000 power outages remain across Oklahoma as a slow-moving storm brought ice and freezing rain to western and central sections of the state.
- Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect in Oklahoma Updated: Nov-29-15 10:57 am
NORMAN, Oklahoma - A winter weather advisory remains in effect in northwestern Oklahoma with additional ice possible in the region.
- The Latest: More than 80,000 in Oklahoma without power Updated: Nov-28-15 6:15 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The latest on wintry weather and heavy rainfall in Oklahoma (all times local):
- Icy road conditions claim 4 more lives in Kansas Updated: Nov-28-15 4:31 pm
ANDOVER, Kansas - Authorities in Kansas are blaming four more traffic deaths in the Wichita area on the icy conditions gripping the state and other parts of the nation's midsection.
- The Latest: Wintry storm blamed for 4 more Kansas deaths Updated: Nov-28-15 2:41 pm
The latest on a band of storms causing wintry conditions in the nation's midsection (all times local):
- Cold air mass brings freeze warnings to California Updated: Nov-27-15 4:19 pm
LOS ANGELES - A cold air mass over California prompted widespread freeze warnings and watches Friday, raising concerns for crops in the agricultural San Joaquin Valley and for homeless people in urban centers, even as skiers and snowboarders took advantage of snowy slopes.
- More snow, cold temps expected in parts of New Mexico Updated: Nov-27-15 2:20 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - More snow, sleet and freezing rain are expected for some parts of New Mexico.
- Wyoming's snowy Thanksgiving weather results in crashes Updated: Nov-27-15 12:51 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - Wyoming Highway Patrol reports that snowy Thanksgiving weather resulted in 52 crashes across the state.
- Carson Pass: Brief moment skiing makes snow slog worth it Updated: Nov-27-15 2:05 am
RENO, Nevada - If it weren't for about three to five minutes of involuntary smiling the two hours of sore feet wouldn't have been so easy to overlook.
- 90 crashes on slippery Minnesota roads Updated: Nov-26-15 6:15 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Minnesota State Patrol says snow and slick roads have led to 90 crashes across the state - a number that could grow as a winter weather advisory remained in effect.
- Icy weather expected in Nebraska, Iowa on Thanksgiving Day Updated: Nov-26-15 1:15 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Weather officials who are monitoring freezing rain in parts of Nebraska and Iowa on Thanksgiving Day are warning drivers to be extra careful.
- Forecasters issue ice storm warning for western Oklahoma Updated: Nov-26-15 12:33 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - An ice storm warning is in effect for western Oklahoma as a slow-moving storm system is expected to bring wintry precipitation to much of the state.
- Holiday storm expected to bring heavy rain, ice to Oklahoma Updated: Nov-25-15 5:59 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Holiday travelers enjoyed mild weather and clear roads across Oklahoma on Wednesday, but forecasters predicted freezing rain and possible flooding across much of the state over the next few days with a storm and a cold front expected to push into the state on Thanksgiving Day.
- More snow headed to Colorado mountains, Front Range Updated: Nov-25-15 4:28 pm
DENVER - More snow is set to follow a cold front that has moved into Colorado.
- Snow could cause Thanksgiving travel problems in the West Updated: Nov-25-15 2:56 pm
DENVER - A storm left ice and snow on roads in Montana on Wednesday and could cause headaches for those traveling in Wyoming for Thanksgiving before it moves into Colorado.
- Wintry weather threatens to snarl Wyoming holiday travel Updated: Nov-25-15 1:40 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Wintry weather will move across Wyoming just as many people are out on the road visiting friends and family for Thanksgiving.
- Twin Cities could get 1st measureable snow of season Updated: Nov-25-15 1:20 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The National Weather Service says the Twin Cities could see their first measurable snow of the season Thursday.
- Icy weather forecast for southeast Nebraska, southwest Iowa Updated: Nov-25-15 9:11 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - The National Weather Service says dangerous traveling conditions are likely to develop over southeast Nebraska and southwest Iowa on Thanksgiving Day.
- Winter-like storm brings rain, snow to Northern California Updated: Nov-24-15 11:39 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A wintry storm drenched the San Francisco Bay area and dropped up to a foot of snow in some areas of California's Sierra Nevada, raising hopes of a white Thanksgiving holiday in the mountains.
- Sierra storm bringing snow, 60 mph winds, power outages Updated: Nov-24-15 8:38 pm
RENO, Nevada - A snowstorm packing 50 mph winds blew into Lake Tahoe and northern Nevada on Tuesday, slowing mountain travelers getting an early start on the holiday, kicking up dust storms along U.S. Interstate 80 east of Reno and briefly knocking out power to thousands along the Sierra's eastern front.
- Winter storm forecast for Montana, Wyoming Updated: Nov-23-15 7:01 pm
HELENA, Montana - A storm packing snow and strong winds is expected to create hazardous travel conditions in parts of Montana and Wyoming in the days before Thanksgiving.
- Alaska editorials Updated: Nov-23-15 12:03 pm
By The Associated Press - Here is a sampling of editorial opinions from Alaska newspapers:
- Some Ohioans get season's first snowfall Updated: Nov-22-15 2:47 pm
CLEVELAND - Some people in northern Ohio are getting this season's first dose of wintry weather.