- Super cold, slew of snow in Old Farmer's Almanac forecast Updated: Aug-15-15 12:04 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Just when you thought you had gotten over last winter, be warned: The Old Farmer's Almanac predicts it will be super cold with a slew of snow for much of the country, even in places that don't usually see too much of it, like the Pacific Northwest.
- Federal aid to Rhode Island for January blizzard tops $1M Updated: Aug-15-15 9:41 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Officials say federal aid to Rhode Island to help cover costs of a January blizzard that dumped nearly 2 feet of snow in parts of the state has topped more than $1 million.
- Federal aid for January snowstorm tops $1 million Updated: Aug-13-15 4:06 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire has received more than $1.3 million in federal aid to help offset the costs of coping with a severe snowstorm in January.
- Buffalo hospital prepares for baby boom 9 months after storm Updated: Aug-12-15 6:32 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Snowed in and scrambling during a freak storm in November, Mary Ann Murphy predicted there would be another flurry of activity in, oh, about nine months, at the Buffalo hospital where she's in charge of maternity services.
- Having made Olympic history, Beijing faces challenges Updated: Aug-01-15 4:52 am
BEIJING - Having made history as the first city to win hosting rights for both the Summer and Winter Olympics, Beijing now faces a slew of challenges, from ensuring adequate snow in a bone-dry region to ramping up support for winter sports in a nation where few people ski or skate.