- Democrats to vet candidates at party convention Updated: Mar-07-14 1:31 pm
- Hawaii Supreme Court pick gets OK from committee Updated: Mar-07-14 12:31 pm
- La. flood control authority membership debated Updated: Mar-06-14 6:58 pm
- Senate approves 3 Homeland Security nominees Updated: Mar-06-14 4:48 pm
- Goddard files to run for secretary of state Updated: Mar-06-14 3:11 pm
- Carpeneti opposes Judicial Council change Updated: Mar-05-14 11:37 pm
- Senate blocks Obama's pick for civil rights post Updated: Mar-05-14 5:58 pm
- Mass. Gov. Patrick's judicial nominee rejected Updated: Mar-05-14 1:48 pm
- Texas GOP nominates 4 incumbents for Supreme Court Updated: Mar-04-14 9:31 pm
- Democrats nominate Brown for Railroad Commission Updated: Mar-04-14 9:30 pm
- Texas Democrats pick Houston for attorney general Updated: Mar-04-14 9:14 pm
- Seattle federal defender Tom Hillier retires Updated: Mar-04-14 2:51 am
- Surprises, runoffs likely in Texas primary races Updated: Mar-03-14 11:33 pm
- NC State Controller David McCoy to retire Updated: Mar-03-14 6:39 pm
- Chief justice of Mass. high court retiring Updated: Mar-03-14 4:14 pm
- High court to examine facial hair, teeth-whitening Updated: Mar-03-14 3:31 pm
- Pratt residents petition court to oust mayor Updated: Mar-03-14 7:35 am
- Pistorius trial: The main players Updated: Mar-03-14 12:36 am
- Groups reach deal on Utah caucus system Updated: Mar-02-14 10:26 pm
- Otter appoints 2 judges to district courts Updated: Mar-01-14 6:49 pm
- Mingo circuit court judge's post remains unfilled Updated: Feb-28-14 5:52 pm
- Governor appoints new top Ohio utility regulator Updated: Feb-28-14 4:31 pm
- Coast Guard vice admiral tapped as next commandant Updated: Feb-28-14 3:37 pm
- 6 nominees approved for Arizona judicial vacancies Updated: Feb-27-14 4:24 pm
- Oscars: How we ended up with 9 best picture noms Updated: Feb-27-14 12:16 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A crowded field of Democratic candidates for governor will test their support among party activists at an event to determine who lands the top spot on the ballot in the June 3 primary race.
HONOLULU - The state Senate Judiciary and Labor Committee is rejecting a bar association's "unqualified" rating of the governor's pick for the Hawaii Supreme Court.
NEW ORLEANS - Gov. Bobby Jindal will likely have another chance soon to chip away at the membership of a flood control board that sued more than 90 oil and gas companies whose decades of work in delicate coastal areas is being blamed for erosion of wetlands that form a natural hurricane buffer for New Orleans.
WASHINGTON - The Senate has confirmed three of President Barack Obama's Homeland Security nominees.
PHOENIX - Former Arizona Attorney General Terry Goddard officially became a candidate Thursday for the Democratic nomination for secretary of state.
JUNEAU, Alaska - A former chief justice of the Alaska Supreme Court said Wednesday he doesn't see a need to change the state's constitution to alter the makeup of the Alaska Judicial Council.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's choice to lead the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division was blocked by bipartisan Senate opposition Wednesday in an emotional postscript to the long-ago murder of a Philadelphia policeman and the legal help his killer received.
BOSTON - Gov. Deval Patrick's nominee for a Superior Court judgeship has been rejected by the Governor's Council, which approves judicial nominees.
AUSTIN, Texas - The four Republican incumbents on the Texas Supreme Court have won their party's nomination to run for re-election.
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas Democrats have nominated party activist and organizer Steve Brown for an open seat on the state Railroad Commission.
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas Democrats have nominated Houston attorney Sam Houston for state attorney general.
SEATTLE - Tom Hillier, Seattle's hell-raising, hippie federal public defender who built an office considered a model for indigent defense nationwide, is retiring after 38 years in the office, an unprecedented 28 of them as its chief.
AUSTIN, Texas - Gov. Rick Perry isn't on the ballot, but a new member of the Bush dynasty is. Wendy Davis can clinch a feat no woman has achieved in Texas since Ann Richards. Heavyweight Republicans are trying to survive, and a new voter ID law gets a major test.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - David McCoy, a career state employee who rose through the ranks to help manage the North Carolina government's finances through two recessions, is retiring at the end of the month.
BOSTON - The chief justice of the highest court in Massachusetts announced his retirement Monday after nearly 37 years as a judge.
WASHINGTON - Facial hair and teeth-whitening will be getting unusually prominent attention from the Supreme Court.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A three-judge panel will hear a petition by a group of Pratt residents seeking the removal of the town's mayor.
PRETORIA, South Africa - A female judge will ultimately decide Oscar Pistorius' fate and pronounce him innocent or guilty of murder in his girlfriend's shooting death on Valentine's Day last year. South Africa has no trial by jury meaning Judge Thokozile Masipa will have the final say in the blockbuster court case. A look at the judge and some other main players in the Pistorius trial:
SALT LAKE CITY - A group pushing to overhaul Utah's system for nominating political candidates has worked out a deal with state lawmakers that both sides say enables more participation.
BOISE, Idaho - Boise attorney Jason D. Scott has been appointed a judge in Idaho's 4th District Court.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The seat vacated by convicted former Mingo County Circuit Judge Michael Thornsbury remains unfilled more than a month after a deadline under state law to find a replacement.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sik) has picked a former state budget director and lawmaker to be Ohio's top utility regulator.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is nominating a Coast Guard vice admiral to be the next Coast Guard commandant.
PHOENIX - The Senate Judiciary Committee in Washington has approved six nominees to fill judicial vacancies in Arizona.
LOS ANGELES - Was it Lee Daniels' "The Butler," the folk rock bio pic "Inside Llewyn Davis," or Woody Allen's "Blue Jasmine"?