- Bentley says he's not giving up on prison bill Updated: May-05-16 4:17 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley said Thursday that the demise of his prison construction bill - that had been the centerpiece of his agenda this year - was a disappointment, but that he "will not give up on this."
- The Latest: Prison bill fails on session's final night Updated: May-05-16 1:08 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Latest on Gov. Robert Bentley's prison construction bill (all times local):
- Birmingham Water Works board spat brings Senate to a halt Updated: Apr-28-16 6:06 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A heated disagreement over a municipal water works board bill led to an early adjournment of the Alabama Senate.
- Missouri senator reads 50 Cent book in sales tax filibuster Updated: Apr-25-16 11:36 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The Missouri Senate has tabled a sales tax proposal after a senator filibustered it by reading a book about 50 Cent.
- Alabama personhood bill 'dead' on House floor Updated: Apr-22-16 2:14 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - An Alabama "personhood" bill which would have effectively banned abortion in the state failed to make it to a vote Thursday in the House of Representatives.
- Nebraska redistricting bill approved by state lawmakers Updated: Apr-13-16 5:53 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A bill to overhaul Nebraska's process for drawing legislative and congressional districts is headed to Gov. Pete Ricketts.
- Nebraska's longest-serving lawmaker commandeers session Updated: Apr-06-16 4:19 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A 78-year-old state senator is attempting to run out the clock on Nebraska's legislative session with a filibuster in which he has described getting a colonoscopy and quizzed a colleague about the best way to pour a beer.