- SC Senate remains at impasse over budget, road funding Updated: May-21-15 6:24 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - With six days left in the legislative session, senators are at an impasse over the upcoming state budget and how to fix South Carolina's deteriorating roads.
- SC Senate approves bill banning abortions after 19 weeks Updated: May-19-15 6:48 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The state Senate on Tuesday adopted a compromise on an anti-abortion bill, allowing the chamber to move on to road funding in the session's waning weeks.
- Rand Paul vows to filibuster to block Patriot Act Updated: May-18-15 6:23 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul vowed on Monday to do "everything possible" to block renewal of the terrorism-era Patriot Act, but the Republican presidential hopeful conceded it may not be enough.
- Abortion opponent blocking anti-abortion bill in Senate Updated: May-14-15 7:37 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - One of the South Carolina Legislature's most ardent abortion foes is, ironically, blocking passage of a bill he and other abortion opponents have sought for years and is ripping into his fellow anti-abortion activists.
- SC Senate budget deal includes $800 bonus for state workers Updated: May-07-15 8:20 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The Senate has approved South Carolina's $7 billion budget after reaching an agreement that gives most state employees an $800 bonus.
- Tax credits for Nebraska wind energy stalled by filibuster Updated: May-05-15 6:25 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - An effort to attract more wind farms to Nebraska failed on Tuesday after senators derailed a bill that would have provided $75 million in production tax credits for renewable energy.
- Texas considers more abortion limits after clinic closures Updated: Apr-28-15 7:22 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Two years after Texas adopted sweeping abortion restrictions despite Wendy Davis' star-making filibuster, Republicans are pushing a smaller encore of additional limits for new Gov. Greg Abbott to sign within the next month.