- Andy Murray becomes first-time father with birth of girl Updated: Feb-09-16 11:21 am
LONDON - Andy Murray has become a father for the first time after his wife, Kim Sears, gave birth to a girl.
- Bencic, Hingis help Switzerland beat Germany 3-2 in Fed Cup Updated: Feb-07-16 2:31 pm
LEIPZIG, Germany - Belinda Bencic and Australian Open doubles champion Martina Hingis sent Switzerland to the Fed Cup semifinals with a 3-2 win over Germany on Sunday.
- Hingis, Mirza win Australian Open doubles title Updated: Jan-29-16 3:21 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Martina Hingis and Sania Mirza maintained their perfect record in Grand Slam doubles finals, beating the Czech pair of Andrea Hlavackova and Lucie Hradecka 7-6 (1), 6-3 at the Australian Open on Friday to extend their winning streak to 36 matches on the way to a third major title.
- True or not, match-fixing reports overshadow Australian Open Updated: Jan-28-16 7:44 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - The "Happy Slam" got off to a somber start when allegations of match-fixing in tennis overshadowed the opening day of play at the Australian Open.
- Djokovic, Williams win Australian Open semifinals Updated: Jan-28-16 7:35 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Like Serena Williams before him, Novak Djokovic moved into another Australian Open championship decider with a relatively untroubled semifinal win.
- Williams reaches 7th Australian Open final in dominant form Updated: Jan-28-16 6:38 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - When Serena Williams plays as well as she did in the semifinals of the Australian Open, there's little an opponent can do to challenge her. Even one who's soon to be ranked No. 3 in the world, just two places behind her.
- Konta made British history in Australia, heads home proud Updated: Jan-28-16 6:25 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - The extent of what she accomplished at the Australian Open hasn't fully sunk in, but Johanna Konta expects it will when she returns home to England.
- The Latest: Djokovic beats Federer to reach Australian final Updated: Jan-28-16 6:04 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - The Latest from the Australian Open on Thursday (all times local):
- Johanna Konta makes name for herself at Australian Open Updated: Jan-27-16 5:37 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Meet the female Jason Bourne.
- Tennis to review integrity unit to restore public confidence Updated: Jan-27-16 5:19 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Tennis leaders are taking steps at damage control as they grapple with allegations of match-fixing in recent media reports, which have cast a shadow over the first Grand Slam of the year and shaken confidence in the integrity of the sport.
- Federer vs Djokovic in Australian Open semifinals Updated: Jan-26-16 8:46 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - Novak Djokovic has a larger than life presence at the Australian Open.
- Meet the young Canadians poised for breakout at Aussie Open Updated: Jan-26-16 6:21 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - Growing up in Quebec City, Felix Auger Aliassime learned to play from his father, a tennis instructor who had emigrated from Togo in West Africa. It wasn't until he saw Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal play their classic Wimbledon final in 2008, though, that he fell in love with the game.
- Zhang's run continues with 4th-round win over injured Keys Updated: Jan-25-16 9:24 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Nine days ago, Zhang Shuai was nearly on a plane back to China before the Australian Open began. The French veteran Virginie Razzano was serving for the match against her in the final round of qualifying, but Zhang was able to break back and win the third set 8-6 - along with a spot in the main draw.
- Roger Federer's wisdom on tennis and life for his kids Updated: Jan-25-16 9:00 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Over the course of his celebrated career, Roger Federer has acquired wisdom on the tennis courts that translates to life lessons which he hopes his children can learn from.
- Football fan Azarenka into quarterfinals at Australian Open Updated: Jan-25-16 8:08 am
- Serena-Sharapova rivalry comes again to Australian Open Updated: Jan-24-16 8:15 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Serena Williams says she doesn't remember much about the first time she played Maria Sharapova at the Australian Open.
- Teary finish: Radwanska holds off cramping Friedsam Updated: Jan-24-16 7:33 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Agnieszka Radwanska's fourth-round match against Anna-Lena Friedsam had a little of everything: a blown third-set lead, severe cramping, an underhand serve, and a point penalty for delay of game. There were also tears - lots of tears.
- Azarenka: Tennis hunger comes from childhood in Belarus Updated: Jan-23-16 7:29 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Pressure is merely a matter of perspective for Victoria Azarenka, who can recall days when she was worried as much about going hungry as she was about her next match.
- Isner makes 2nd week at Aussie Open for 1st time since 2010 Updated: Jan-23-16 5:10 am
- Born an Aussie, raised a Brit. Konta's a star in Melbourne Updated: Jan-23-16 3:40 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Johanna Konta became the first British woman in 29 years to reach the fourth round at the Australian Open on Saturday, giving rise to "a lot of Australia questions" at Melbourne Park.
- Raonic dedicates Melbourne win to Canadian shooting victims Updated: Jan-23-16 1:04 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Milos Raonic dedicated his third-round victory at the Australian Open on Saturday to victims of a shooting in Canada which left four people dead and at least two injured.
- Adopted Aussie Gavrilova excites the crowds with upset wins Updated: Jan-22-16 8:20 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Russian-born Daria Gavrilova hasn't been an Australian citizen for very long, only receiving her passport in December and permission to represent the country at WTA Tour events.
- Serena's midriff, naval ring take center stage at Aust Open Updated: Jan-22-16 8:13 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Serena Williams' latest on-court fashion statement is an attempt to "push the envelope" with a nod to classic tennis style.
- Sharapova wins her 600th match and asks am 'I getting old?' Updated: Jan-22-16 4:22 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Maria Sharapova reached a career milestone on Friday, which came as a nice surprise after a tough match.
- Healthy Nishikori back in Australian Open round of 16 Updated: Jan-22-16 4:08 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Kei Nishikori came to the Australian Open this year hoping to put his injury-ravaged 2015 season behind him.